Newbie 1979 | Good Jams | (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 am

Post by insomnia »

I was liking daw's intro but his wall makes me shake my previous town lean on him. I think he TMI'd half the playerlist with that post, including me. I think his point about me distinguishing players to look for agendas is a TMI read. I just asked Poyzin a question about his experience because he mentioned he was not new. I was trying to evaluate how to read him based on his experience. I think this is adding unnecessary analysis with tons of logic leaps to conclude a town read on me. He's also attempting to sow doubt in my read because ima was sheeping me. I'm aware he did. I wasn't oblivious to this, but he seems too chill about it and I don't think it's agenda-y. Therefore, I didn't think it needed to be addressed, as I don't see any agenda in that yet. If he'll disagree with something, he'll say so. He probably knows he's gonna have to produce content of his own and most likely will anyway. He's not new.

He's posturing for a set up on either Blatant or Poyzin from that wall. He also said Poyzin seemed innocent for him at first, but then he's accusing Blatant for accepting Poyzin as town, which is illogical and reads as a contrived read to set the pace at a Blatant - Poyzin brawl on day one. That's his intention. It reflects this from "I'd like to see more interaction from them" specifically.

His read on Luca also doesn't make sense, if it was helpful for you, why doesn't it contribute in some way?

VOTE: dawoodle

In all honesty, if this is mafia, I'd be 90% sure that Blatant and Poyzin are both town cleared. So is Ima.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:02 am

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.02

In between the lines
Signs of a the next movement
Refuge from the crowd
Outside of the law
Causes we understand
Hands that trace
Instructions for descendants in the
Shadows on the run
Underneath the veil
Failures we expected to
Occur and bring redemption for our sins
In between the lines
Mayday!!! - Flobots,
Fight with Tools

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Blatant Scum
(2): dawoodle, Luca Blight

dsjstr
(1): Poyzin

Luca Blight
(1): dsjstr

dawoodle
(1): insomnia

Not Voting
(4):TheAlmightyRaprap, IMASPY, AdmiralZ, Blatant Scum

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-01-23 07:50:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 am

Post by dsjstr »

That songs a banger!
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am

Post by insomnia »

*sorry for stealing pagetop, didn't think you were here lol*
dawoodle
dawoodle
Townie
dawoodle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 am

Post by dawoodle »

This is probably going to cone across as scummy, but I'm confused. When Poyzin posts an something lightly edited, it is scummy. When I paymy full thoughts, it is tmi and scummy. What is Tyne pepper balance?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 am

Post by dsjstr »

I like how insomnia is trying to solve the game but tbh after looking at your history in newbie games I am going to be cautious. I would say that the enchantress is acting differently than her scum games but it has also been a hot minute.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 am

Post by insomnia »

Please don’t look at my games, I’ve changed. I was a toxic prick back then, now I am truly reformed. I think digging meta reads won’t help you, mainly because I don’t have the same energy as town that I had before. Meaning I probably won’t lash out on you calling you names and stuff because you scum read me or whatever.

Dawoodle are you seriously suggesting that because you laid your thoughts in the thread (playing the game) I should give you a town pass?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 am

Post by insomnia »

Actually more willing to point out that I’ll probably start getting scum read for that specific reason, my past meta and current meta. It’s gonna take a few games to wipe that meta out before I can use this as a reasoning for defending myself.

In general, I’d advice to just let me alive. I’ve also improved by a bit (imo) since the last time I played so if I get to live anywhere past Night 3 then you guys can probably suspect me. I’d encourage you to push other people though.

I don’t think you should have any reasoning for suspecting me this early, do you find anything I said to be agenda driven or disingenuous? Do you disagree with my analysis on his wall post? I think I can break it down further but if you didn’t get the crux of it then diving deeper in it will probably make it even more confusing. If you want clarification on my posts, just ask me by the way. I have issues with expressing my thoughts in a convincing and coherent way as it is, so don’t be afraid.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 48, dawoodle wrote:Blatant - Has not given much to go off of, but did seem to immediately accept Poyzin as town rather than taking it as a post to view future responses through. I would like to see more interaction from them though.
I would like to see the post where I am claiming that Pyzin is town.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 58, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 48, dawoodle wrote:Blatant - Has not given much to go off of, but did seem to immediately accept Poyzin as town rather than taking it as a post to view future responses through. I would like to see more interaction from them though.
I would like to see the post where I am claiming that Pyzin is town.
Exactly what I’m trying to convey. He has the information that we’re town, so he looks for things that can look compelling for clearing us and therefore showing he has thoughtful reads, but it just proves that he has TMI on us because there’s nothing that suggests a person’s intent with a post like “How many months have you been playing mafia for?”

The progression on a read is basically non-existent and that reads list is probably made only to give a pretext for setting up the playground for Blatant and Pyzin to play in. It would be weird only to say “These 2 are probably scum and should confront more”.

I am confident about this read on daw because that’s exactly how I play as scum.

I think that whole wall post’s intention was to prepare in advance for potential wagons on Blatant and Pyzin. The other reads are very carelessly given or are mainly null reads.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 am

Post by dsjstr »

I really only looked at your intros and what role you were, I don't know what happened nor will I ask but it sounds like whatever happened was for the best for you. :)
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 59, insomnia wrote:I am confident about this read on daw because that’s exactly how I play as scum.
That's never an accurate way to read people.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
dawoodle
dawoodle
Townie
dawoodle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:45 am

Post by dawoodle »

In post 26, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 21, Poyzin wrote:
In post 14, dsjstr wrote:
In post 13, insomnia wrote:Town

VOTE: Poyzin
I call your bluff!

VOTE: Insomnia
I call... something.

VOTE: dsjstr

Now the votes have come full circle, and I may rest satisfied.

Regardless, hey everybody! This is my first game on mafiascum, and I'm glad to be here! Do we want to ask questions right now or no? I'd be happy to answer either way.
That's towny post.
I interpreted this as calling him town.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but it takes me more than one towny post to townlock a person.
I townreaded the intro because reacting to previous posts is a towntell. Ignoring previous posts while making intro is a scumtell.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Let's push it.
VOTE: dawoodle
-Hectic
dawoodle
dawoodle
Townie
dawoodle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:03 am

Post by dawoodle »

And no enchantress, I don't think my previous post about editing vs tmi is justification to give me a town read. I also did not think that my previous post was justification for an immediate scum read our core either. Reading my wall over again, I see where some of the apparent inconsistencies and apparent leaps in logic are coming from. To address what I think are the main ones:

1. Using pronouns carelessly. The most obvious one being
In post 48, dawoodle wrote: I would like to see more interaction from them though.
where I meant Blatant when I said them, not Blatant and Poyzin.

2. Getting off on tangents. I feel Luca has a town lean, but everything after the first sentence was meant to describe and justify Luca's interpretation of Blatant, which I now see is stupid when I have already talked about Blatant.

As for accepting Ima based on his liking your style, your justification seems reasonable. Thank you for responding to it. I did not mean to call you out or throw shade on your reads. I actually mostly agree with them.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 am

Post by IMASPY »

For the record my first post was liking Blatant Scums first post
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:47 am

Post by IMASPY »

How long do you all wanna make this day last? Are we trying to squeeze the juice out of this motha... or are we looking to shoot first and ask questions later?
dawoodle
dawoodle
Townie
dawoodle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by dawoodle »

I understand that you were liking Blatant's first post, but that seemed to be more for the advice about playing it rather than anything it contributed to the game.

As for length, I would prefer it to last long enough to clear my name.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 67, IMASPY wrote:How long do you all wanna make this day last? Are we trying to squeeze the juice out of this motha... or are we looking to shoot first and ask questions later?
Giving the intent to hammer 3-4 days before deadline is ideal in my opinion.
-Hectic
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by IMASPY »

these jams got me thinking im ready to hammer now... am i right guys? I think we probably have all scum but 1 targeted right now..i am not quite sure how many scum is in this damn town.
IMASPY
IMASPY
Goon
IMASPY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by IMASPY »

moods change as easy as the wind blows though
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by dsjstr »

Spoiler:
In post 2, eth0s wrote:
Setup Information

NewD3 (as designed by RadiantCowbells):

ABC
Mafia
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Row 1
Town Cop and Town Doctor
Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2
Town Jailkeeper and Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3
Town Mason and Town Mason
Town Tracker and Town Doctor
Town Mason and Town Mason

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role.
The remaining six roles will be filled in by
one mafia goon
and
five vanilla townies
appropriately, to create a
2-mafia
and
7-town
setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Mafia Roleblocker
action takes precedence over a
Town Jailkeeper
action should that apply.

Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: List of Setups
Column A & Row 1:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town MasonWelcome!

You are a
Town Mason

You know that PLAYER NAME is Town-aligned. You also share a Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You have no active abilities.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town Friendly NeighborWelcome!

You are a
Town Friendly Neighbor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be sent a message informing them that you are Town-aligned.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Rolecop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment.
Vanilla Townies
and
Mafia Goons
will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Mafia Goon
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Mafia Goon

The game thread is here.

In post 70, IMASPY wrote:these jams got me thinking im ready to hammer now... am i right guys? I think we probably have all scum but 1 targeted right now..i am not quite sure how many scum is in this damn town.
2 scum, with ten days for D1 I don't think lynching with 8 days left is an optimal strat. There is still more info that could be gathered in order to help piece together the puzzle. Two slots have not even joined the game yet, how do you know they aren't both mafia?
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Poyzin »

In post 70, IMASPY wrote:these jams got me thinking im ready to hammer now... am i right guys? I think we probably have all scum but 1 targeted right now..i am not quite sure how many scum is in this damn town.
...did you read the setup before you started posting? While I cannot be sure whether you did or not, I do think that it is safe to say that you did AT LEAST know that the setup to this game was available. You claim that this is not your first game of mafia, and that you have been playing on other sites at #45. I'd like to think that you very well knew where to get your information about the setup.

FoC: IMASPY

@insomnia, I think you may be on to something with dawoodle. How do you feel about IMASPY's #70 though?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by insomnia »

Looks scummy but town do scummy things anyway. He couldn’t even hammer because there’s not enough votes on anyone.

Right now I’m focused on daw though, he definitely has faulty assumptions that can be made only if he has our roles. If he’s town then he’s doing reads for no reason and is trying to match things already supposing that we’re town, which is bad.

But right now I’m tempted to say he’s probably scum. A town wouldn’t assume stuff from posts, they want concrete evidence.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”