hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 49, Nero Cain wrote:idk man, I think scum do "will explain later" alot. Maybe it's just them mimicking townplay but its not something that scum never does. We can jusge Gamma once he comes back with his reasoning but I'm not a fan of yours. :igmeou:
I usually find

early = town
later = scum
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 48, Cape90 wrote:
In post 47, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 33, Cape90 wrote:Frogsterking - "I may or may not post my survey start"

Gamma Emerald - Comment on elaborating something later.
Speaking of moving the game forward, cape can you justify townleaning these two above in some way that makes it seem like you
didn't
just throw a bunch of names together?
I find posting about posting the survey start thing to be completely pointless if you are mafia here as that part can easily be left out. It felt like random insecurity over... nothing which to me says towny concern.

As far as the read on Gamma, I guess it shows this thing I see town usually do to where they would have these "secret" reads on people that they want to share
later
. I just hardly see mafia do this.
Okay.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I think Cape is probably telling the truth, so kind of a free sort for me considering I didn't have them in my "can read" pile.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

telling the truth about ?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 53, Nero Cain wrote:telling the truth about ?
Yeah
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Fennec »

Alright Post 50 or so reads (Take all with a grain of salt by a massive quantity, its too early to get full reads)

Cape - Pulling a lot of reads out the backside. and scum do that a lot. also, its so early so I doubt you can get any "I'll Explain Later" Level reads. Generally can't tell between town/scum with this guy. its hard to read him.
Frog - He is actually asking some important questions, and his reads aren't out his backside too much. I'm Leaning to town with him.
Nero Cain - I can't accurately get a read off him, but he feels dodgy.
SirRhett - Starts off with a joke, just like in the newbie game he is in. although, that joke is a bit different. in the game he did that joke (It was basically joking around that he was scum because his predecessor was read as scum quite early on) and was a bit like a pair like in that game. this read relies on that game he is in to progress more foward though, but i do have a meta read that i can't say is town/scum at the same time, because that game isn't over yet. Although, this is a resource that I might use to read him, the game is like D1, so this is the one to take the most grains of salt (For now at least!)
Everyone else? Needs to post more, and I need to read a little more about them and their meta first.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

don't talk about on going games
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Fennec prob town though. Scum might try to avoid breaking site rules, yeah?

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 33, Cape90 wrote:Slow start, wouldn't like spamming the thread too much but
Why did you perceive that it was a slow start?

PEdit

Fennec you can't use games which haven't been completed yet against someone, it's considered OGI (out of game influence)

Completed games are fair play for data mining meta tells, as well as linking to and analyzing, though.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 57, Nero Cain wrote:Fennec prob town though. Scum might try to avoid breaking site rules, yeah?
I agree. Do you think I'm jumping ahead of myself as far as cape goes?
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Fennec »

^ Noticed a heck ton of issues with grammar and with spelling.
So this is the one to take the most grains of salt with*
The multiple Lowercase I mistakes because i'll be honest I slightly rushed typing it
And yes, I'm only pointing out the SirRhett one for later. do not take it as a read right now, extremely Developing read there. Take it with 10000 Grains of salt of the size of mars, please. I'm listing it down in case it is somehow useful. And yes, its of a D1 Game. I don't think I should be using it as discussion, so I won't use that game unless its important to a read on him. I'm gonna read some of your meta soon, but not right now.

Also i just realise I broke a rule, won't happen again. also Nero's read is kinda bad too. Ignore that read post's 2nd half. sorry about that, I be dense.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 50, Cape90 wrote:
In post 49, Nero Cain wrote:idk man, I think scum do "will explain later" alot. Maybe it's just them mimicking townplay but its not something that scum never does. We can jusge Gamma once he comes back with his reasoning but I'm not a fan of yours. :igmeou:
I usually find

early = town
later = scum
Is there a reason you’re making an exception for me then, assuming I’ve read this right?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

It's all good Fennec your reads make sense and it seems like you know how to play these games.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 53, Nero Cain wrote:telling the truth about ?
I will try to elaborate but this is also just kind of a meta thing I have observed as it isn't black and white.
In post 25, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ll explain in a bit
So Gamma said this about
In post 22, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 20, Charloux wrote:I'm gonna need more popcorn to watch all this.
I'm afraid to poke my head or the evil teddy will have my soul
interesting
this post yeah?

What I think makes it skew null-town is the obvious lack of content that there is, ultimately, the thing Gamma commented on is not at all important to the game as that particular post just kind of exists, my town lean on Charloux more came from just coming off strange.

So what makes this type of comment suspicious later on? Well I would say when we get out of RVS it gets to this territory as it could mark that scum
A) "need to go now goodbye" aka don't wanna play/don't feel like making meaningful content
B) Don't want too think too hard about their answer right now then and there. This would usually be more of a substantive thing like for instance lets say Person A makes a detailed read about Person B out of RVS and then Person C says "I don't like this read on Person B, elaborating later". This is leaning scum indicative for me.

Though I have had effort reads bite me in the butt since town can be lazy too.

Also if you think that I am married to the townreads I made within the 50 posts of the game, you are funny
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 55, Fennec wrote:Generally can't tell between town/scum with this guy. its hard to read him.
you have played with me? Or just the playstyle I am doing right now?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 61, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I usually find

early = town
later = scum
Is there a reason you’re making an exception for me then, assuming I’ve read this right?
I'm going to go ahead and Town read Gamma with
very low
certainty for asking a question which seems unlikely to be scum motivated.

PEdit

I'm going to go ahead and flip my read on Cape

VOTE: Cape
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 58, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 33, Cape90 wrote:Slow start, wouldn't like spamming the thread too much but
Why did you perceive that it was a slow start?

PEdit

Fennec you can't use games which haven't been completed yet against someone, it's considered OGI (out of game influence)

Completed games are fair play for data mining meta tells, as well as linking to and analyzing, though.
been playing a lot of turbo style games recently so I think it's that :p
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

I usually find

early = town
later = scum
We are not out of RVS

I townleaned you

early = town

this does not contradict any statement I made
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 66, Cape90 wrote:been playing a lot of turbo style games recently so I think it's that :p
I don't believe you, sorry. I played thousands of hours on EM and I never had an impulse to instantly go "oh damn these 4 people are Town for xyz" unless I was scum.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 65, Frogsterking wrote:
I usually find

early = town
later = scum
I'm going to go ahead and Town read Gamma with
very low
certainty for asking a question which seems unlikely to be scum motivated.

PEdit

I'm going to go ahead and flip my read on Cape

You are being swayed by Nero of all people? :yawn:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

What makes you think I'm being influenced by Nero?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by marcistar »

why is being swayed by nero even a bad thing? :shifty:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Fennec »

Yeah i went from Town-Leaning to Null to Scum-Leaning for cape within 30 posts. I was finding it kinda dodgy but could of been town, but now I'm thinking it is plain dodgy. none of them made sense and were literally 20-30 posts in. and yes Early/Late blah blah can be true mattering on the player no surprise there. And also, Frog seems Town-Leaning to me, and I fully agree with him. also, the Post 69 is Dodgy as all hell.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 71, marcistar wrote:why is being swayed by nero even a bad thing? :shifty:
Do Cape and I look TvT yes or no?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 68, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 66, Cape90 wrote:been playing a lot of turbo style games recently so I think it's that :p
I don't believe you, sorry. I played thousands of hours on EM and I never had an impulse to instantly go "oh damn these 4 people are Town for xyz" unless I was scum.
I don't do this style of RVS reads often at all because I usually don't feel inclined too. Oh and you are talking EM? 1) We've had way more time to post well-thought out posts over here, I mean cmon it's been hours. 2) I do make reads like this on m.gg early on in certain conditions, if you don't have at least 2 solid townreads on day 2 in a typical 16 player, then usually it's a skill issue :^).

Also

BlueKang would like a word with you

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread

And you know, BongWater made the same read you just did on BlueKang and flipped scum!

Curious

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”