Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:40 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Double-posting the vote count to avoid the "no posts exist for this topic"-bug:

Vote Count (8 to lynch):

Scott Morgan: 5
(SinisterOverlord, Dragon Slayer, Fuldu, Mgm, Narninian)
Mgm: 2
(the silent speaker, shadyforce)
KingEnigma: 1
(Lord Gurgi)
Lord Gurgi: 1
(Silgado106)
Last edited by Flying Dutchman on Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:46 am

Post by Mgm »

Mod, Narninian has two votes outstanding...
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:11 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Mgm wrote:Mod, Narninian has two votes outstanding...
No he has not!

*Tries to hide the "last edited by"-link without succes......*
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:14 am

Post by Narninian »

Mgm wrote:Mod, Narninian has two votes outstanding...
Narninian wrote: UNVOTE
HA!
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:15 am

Post by Narninian »

err I get it now - oops
The extra in is for /in
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:16 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Happens to the best of us.

Not me of course, but other not so perfect people.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I think that's enough votes on him so i will instead...
Unvote: KingEnigma, FOS: Scottmorgan

At least until he shows up to defend himself, nobody speed lynch please.
There's something biting at me... I'm not sure what though so i'll let you guys know if i figure it out.
Yeah and i'm sorry about the posting thing, and don't think it's part of my role.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:45 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

My my my, I am not saying I am a cop... nor did I try to say I had some great reasoning to my vote. I mearly answered the question as to whether or not the vote was random. It seems we are a bit jumpy.
If we lynch an innocent, DS knows we'll want to lynch him tomorrow.
How harsh for something that was never given as a garuntee.
Unvote Scott Morgan

And stop directing questions about my motives to other players. :? . As I said, I'm not limited in posting...

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I think those who re flinging questions and suspicion every which way should be the ones we lynch
and
UnFoS: Scott Morgan
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:45 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I really think this needs to be done so
Vote: Fuldu
for threatening the starter of a random day one bandwagon being a bit trigger-happy huh?
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:46 pm

Post by BlueSin »

hey, I'm here. I've read all the posts. 8)
random vote: totem

I feel that some people have not posted here since the game started. maybe they should be prodded.
Why people always find me suspicous?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:15 pm

Post by Mgm »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I think that's enough votes on him so i will instead...
Unvote: KingEnigma, FOS: Scottmorgan
At least until he shows up to defend himself, nobody speed lynch please.
There's something biting at me... I'm not sure what though so i'll let you guys know if i figure it out.
Would you mind sharing what's bothering you?
Lord Gurgi wrote:Vote: Fuldu for threatening the starter of a random day one bandwagon being a bit trigger-happy huh?
huh, where did he do that?

Thanks for the contributions, they're much better than the vote counts.

*awaits Scott Morgan defense*
Show
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:58 am

Post by Fuldu »

Mgm wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:Vote: Fuldu for threatening the starter of a random day one bandwagon being a bit trigger-happy huh?
huh, where did he do that?
I think he's referring to my pushing on Scott Morgan and then saying that if it turned out badly we'd turn on Dragon Slayer. Now, the whole reason I was doing that was that DS was presenting it as a
non-random
day one bandwagon, which he's now stepped away from. He still seems to have
some
reason for voting Scott Morgan, since he said it wasn't random, but it isn't enough of a reason for him to feel strongly about (note that he's now unvoted). I have a hard time distinguishing exactly what DS has going on that he considers this bandwagon worth doing, but not enough to stake his credibility on. But, since this is Designer Mafia, there could be any number of explanations. I think characterizing what I said as a threat is unfair, since DS was giving the impression of an investigative role and that's a fairly standard response to claims of investigative role that don't turn out well.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:56 am

Post by Gaspode »

Semi-FOS: Fuldu
. DS said nothing about having information against Scott. There are plenty of reasons to vote someone that aren't either random or cop results. I hate how everyone always assumes non-random Day 1 votes are a cop claim. Cryptic voting like that does NOTHING for a cop; it only promotes confusion, and the mafia would have to be pretty dumb to miss something like that. And I hate how everyone automatically decides to lynch someone who has inaccurate information--mafia is rarely stupid enough to spread misinformation so obviously.

Maybe we can clear this up the easy way:
DS, why did you vote for Scott Morgan?

silgado106 wrote:Well considering that this doc-proof killer killed a member of the mafia, maybe he either knows each role out there, which I find very unlikely, or he/she got very lucky on their first Night! But then, who would use the ability to kill mafia on night 1 without knowing anything about anyone??
I'd bet he's a lucky SK. And we can't really assume he's doc-proof just from a death scene, I was just throwing the idea out there as something to watch out for.

I don't want to hear Scott claim, as I think it's way too early, but I'd like to hear what he thinks about DS' vote and the other points that have been brought up.

Also, I'm kind of getting scummy vibes from Lord Gurgi. There's nothing specific, it's just a kind of feeling I get from his posts.
Scott Morgan
Scott Morgan
Townie
Scott Morgan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:09 am

Post by Scott Morgan »

Sorry, i've been away for a couple of days.

I clearly fail to see why waiting to vote can be any indecation of me being mafia. I just refuse to make a random vote (or any vote at all for that matter) untill i have at least a little bit of a hunch to go on. If you think that makes me a mafia, than go ahead and lynch me.
Coming from the primordial ooze to take no prisoners!!!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 am

Post by Fuldu »

Scott Morgan wrote:Sorry, i've been away for a couple of days.

I clearly fail to see why waiting to vote can be any indecation of me being mafia. I just refuse to make a random vote (or any vote at all for that matter) untill i have at least a little bit of a hunch to go on. If you think that makes me a mafia, than go ahead and lynch me.
Not exactly a confidence inspiring response, but it strikes me as more newbieish than scummy. As for me, the reason I was voting you didn't have anything to do with inactivity, it was because DS suggested there was a reason for his vote. Now it's appearing that, whatever it was, it wasn't much of a reason, which was a mistaken conclusion on my part. I don't think it was unreasonable given the crypticism of DS's approach to the situation, but it's clearly unreasonable now.

unvote: Scott Morgan
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:14 am

Post by silgado106 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I think those who re flinging questions and suspicion every which way should be the ones we lynch
Umm, aren't you sort of doing that Lord Gurgi? And at the moment you said it, I don't remember anyone in particular that was just flinging around questions, I only remember a couple of people asking DS if his vote was random, that's all.
My random vote stays as a little bit less random on him, because I would like to hear just why he's "flinging" suspicions every which way... And also are your excessive posts part of
your
role? I'm just wondering about that one...
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:34 am

Post by Mgm »

Unvote: Scott Morgan
At the moment his response looks newbie-ish. But IGMEOY...
I'll have to reread to see if I can find something else that's suspicious.
Show
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:26 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm talking about Fuldu, and he has explained himself and although what he says is reasonable. I just don't see how going after the guy who started a day one bandwagon is a smart thing to do, we might have more to go on tomorrow so I don't think we should be planning lynches.
Unvote: Fuldu

I think we might need to go after Scott, please don't nail me for this but it maysound noobish it may be a scum tactic if you sound like you don't care they will think you are town. (Disclaimer: This is merely a theory)
I don't think rereading is gonna do much because there is only 3 pages, sorry but we need a random bandwagon because this is day one, day two it will be different.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:31 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

oh and if it will help me no it isn't part of my role.
What i'm suprised by though is that he didn't even think of roleclaiming and kind of passively got most people off his back which is either townie or great scum
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Gaspode »

Fuldu wrote:I don't think it was unreasonable given the crypticism of DS's approach to the situation, but it's clearly unreasonable now.
What did Scott say to change your mind? Supposedly, your logic had nothing to do with his lack of a random vote, which is what he was defending.
Another FOS: Fuldu

Scott Morgan: I think everyone knew why you witheld a vote; any suspicion based on your opening post was probably because you said you were going to just sit back and watch the discussion--not a good tactic, as we need as much useful talk as possible on Day 1.

Lord Gurgi: What are you talking about? What's not part of your role? Also...
Lord Gurgi wrote:sorry but we need a random bandwagon because this is day one, day two it will be different.
No, we don't need a random bandwagon. We have three pages worth of very useful discussion that has already given me (and probably others) a few ideas as to who is scum.
FOS: Gurgi
for that, the gut feeling I had before, and the following:
I think those who re flinging questions and suspicion every which way should be the ones we lynch
What else do you expect us to do on Day 1, sit and wait for a cop to come out?

A couple of things I want to see soon, in order for progress to be made:
1. People actually responding to the points I bring up.
2. (Most importantly) DS giving some kind of reason for his vote.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:30 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I agree.
I was asked if posting a lot was part of my role
Maybe we should go lurker hunting
i want lurkers to come out so (my computer messed so consider this bold please)vote: totem if he appears this dissapears
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:47 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Jeez guys, it was just a vote. You're not only blowing this out of proportion but you're putting words in my mouth- I don't appreciate that. Let's go over all of this again.
Dragon Slayer on page 2 wrote:Vote Scott Morgan.
Silgado and Mgm basically on page 2 wrote:is that random DS?
Dragon Slayer page 2 wrote:I'm not limited in my posting, I just wasn't here most of yesterday.
is that random DS?
Vote Scott Morgan
Nope, doesn't seem so...

-DS
So here I just said that it wasn't random.
TSS, page 2 wrote:I think DS found Scott's reluctance to cast a random vote and stated intent to watch the conversation for a while suspicious.
Dragon Slayer, page 2 wrote:I don't have a problem with him not random voting.
I guess the question is....why did Dragon Slayer vote that way?
I don't see why it is. You guys are building a huge mystery around a simple vote.
Fuldu, page 2 wrote:Dragon Slayer clearly isn't going to say why he voted that way, and he's further gone out of his way to suggest that there's a reason for it.
Wow- I have a big problem with this. Let me show you where-
Fuldu, page 2 wrote:Dragon Slayer clearly isn't going to say why he voted that way...
When did I say that. No one said- "DS, tell us why you voted." Besides, I didn't appreciate being talked about like I couldn't respond.
Fuldu, page 2 wrote:...and he's further gone out of his way to suggest that there's a reason for it.
Wrong, no no no no no. Never really said that- I said it wasn't random. That doesn't mean I have a "real" reason for it. And I didn't go out of my way to say I had some reason. I mearly answered the few questions that were asked of me.

In fact, it seems to me like
everyone else
went out of
their
way to tell
me and everyone else
what
I
was thinking and reasoning. Thanks for that.

You all want the reason I voted for Scott Morgan? Some of you hit it- I really didn't think it was that hard to figure out since the guy had a total of like one post in the game at the time.
Gaspode, page [b]3[/b], YES!--[b]3[/b]! wrote:Scott Morgan: I think everyone knew why you witheld a vote; any suspicion based on your opening post was probably because you said you were going to just sit back and watch the discussion--not a good tactic, as we need as much useful talk as possible on Day 1.
Well- that's pretty much it. So I guess you can all go off and find another mystery.

Vote Fuldu

:!: :!: :!:

Here, I'll make this simple- I have a GOOD reason for that one. Now do what you've done horribly and guess wrong until I return.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

you know now that he pointed it out I don't like what he's been saying so
Vote: Fuldu
(again)
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:00 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Unvote: Scott Morgan

Vote: Lord Gurgi

Reading through the discussion, he seems more scummy to me than anyone else.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”