Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Quickly, magna your question :

slysly wrote:ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

States I am scum with forseen.

No, your slip is what made you worthy of a vote, it was your response that confirmed for me that it was a slip.

This seems like a slip, then a cover up while answering the asker after an unrelated quote.

Last two in reference to Junpei 'slipping' about telling Magna to check their scum quicktopic

It looks like you called Junpei and MoI scum together, and me and forseen scum together, and ergo, all of use are scum together, slysly.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

DrippingGoofball, give me your opinions currently on the following players; warriormode, nopoint, slysly, and Magna. I need some sanity in here. To quickly reiterate my main points;

warrior; initial posts bad, scum mindset, lurking when under a little pressure
nopoint; regurgitation of bad thought process, sheeping to slip under radar, illogical accusations
slysly; limited activities with promises to deliver, actual posts aren't that good
Magna; little bit of gut here after playing with him in (how many games now? five?) (and why i'm less willing to lynch here) long posts seem to be efforts in posting a lot, not really convincing anyone of anything. I've seen enough of him to know this.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:43 am

Post by SlySly »

In post 500, Magister Ludi wrote:Quickly, magna your question :

slysly wrote:ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

States I am scum with forseen.

No, your slip is what made you worthy of a vote, it was your response that confirmed for me that it was a slip.

This seems like a slip, then a cover up while answering the asker after an unrelated quote.

Last two in reference to Junpei 'slipping' about telling Magna to check their scum quicktopic

It looks like you called Junpei and MoI scum together, and me and forseen scum together, and ergo, all of use are scum together, slysly.

Nice try. Junpei and ML are determined to drag you into their scum QT, MoI.

In post 158, SlySly wrote:
In post 156, Junpei wrote:You seriously think I was saying "MoI, lets gametheory in our scum QT"?...

I never inferred MoI was in your scum QT.

I'll gladly support an ML wagon.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Then what did you mean by those statements? How am I dragging MoI into any scum quicktopic?

And why are you attempting to strawman my case, by narrowly attempting to refute one of the points while ignoring the rest of it, and hoping it gets swept under the rug?

I'm gladly calling you and him scum.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Also, just because you try and interpret something in one specific way to make yourself look good doesn't mean that the truth doesn't lie in the polar opposite direction.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

warriormode, nopoint, slysly, and Magna.

I'm not DGB, but my opinion on most these slots isn't the greatest. The only one of those 4 I don't think has a chance of being scum is SlySly.

Magna is the biggest name on that list, and his play seems to have an underlying agenda. It's like he is trying to throw suspicion on other people to avoid the suspicions that are currently being ridden. Maybe add chaos to game.
warriormode's wagon has gone completely silent it seems as discussion moves away from 4seen and Warrior and onto players like Junpei and Ludi. At the same time, warrior has also disappeared into the void of discussion.
nopoint is more of a vibe than anything. I don't like Bunny, and nopoint likes Bunny. As a result I get a bad vibe about nopoint.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 505, Toogeloo wrote:The only one of those 4 I don't think has a chance of being scum is SlySly.

EBWOP: Only one I think is town is SlySly rather.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

nevermind, I wrote it right the first time and just confused myself on the reread <_>.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:10 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x14 ::

Stringer Bell (5) -
RedCoyote, MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV, Drunken Piper, EtherealCookie

FourseenCircumstance (4) -
Junpei, implosion, wazzatron, Sinestro

Junpei (4) -
SlySly, springlullaby, diddin, Ghostlin

nopointinactingup (2) -
DrippingGoofball, Magister Ludi

diddin (2) -
FourseenCircumstance, Kdub

Magister Ludi (2) -
Bunnylover, nopointinactingup

warriormode (1)
projectmatt

Toogeloo (1) -
warriormode

DrippingGoofball (1) -
Furcolow

Bunnylover (1) -
Toogeloo

Furcolow (1) -
Stringer Bell

Not Voting (1) -
whispersilk

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2011-11-08 23:07:02).
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Thanks toog. Also, I don't think your bunny lover vote is going to go anywhere today. Would you consider switching to one of these other wagons I proposed? (outside of your town read on slysly)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

warriormode, nopoint, slysly, and Magna

Magna is town. That's pretty solid.
SlySly is not 100% his usual scummy self, but he could be too busy to be scummy. I'll give him a chance to redeem himself by setting my scumdar on fire.
nopoint is scum. It's eating up his conscience, we should put him out of his misery.
warriormode I have pegged as town. For his own-wagon analysis.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

unvote;
vote: junpei

dgb is still scum in my eyes
FourseenCircumstance
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
FourseenCircumstance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 am

Post by FourseenCircumstance »

Iso Stringe Bell
iso #0 RVS
iso #1 comments on mechanics particularly the ability passing and how scum can pass abilities to each other. and a note of WIFOM on what the scum may or may not do night one. Noted
iso #2 More notes on mechanics
iso #3 Discussing cryptos gameplay and stating he isnt familiar with crypto's meta game, he also goes on to criticize the lack of reasoning for the unvote and vote on Moi
iso#4 BLarrgh
Iso#5 I find it very odd that you aren't the slightest concern that toogeloo shared the crumbs of his ability, noted.
Iso#6 Now you are tring to fish more information about the ability.
Iso#7 critizising the critization of his iso#6 by saying it wasn't a smart thing to kill off the person holding the anti-town ability.
Iso#8 Unvoted his RVS vote.
Iso #9 States he doesn't want a quick lynch day 1.
Iso#10 jumps on my wagon the quickest and fastest growing wagon being hypocritical to his previous statement of not wanting a quick lynch. Doesn't give a whole lot of reason either.
Iso #11 Justifys his vote by saying once again I dont think a D1 quick lynch is good day 1, but in this case its too tasty not to go through with it.
Iso #12 throwing some fluff out there to "justify" his vote on me, still doesnt give a lot of real reasoning.
Iso #13 Blargh
Iso #14 Says the wagon is dying, and wazzatron is lurking.. Then goes into his reads on Furclow which consist of oh you dont his defense of crypto and his vote of furclow without unvoting.
Iso #15 response to the "intentional" screw up by furclow
Iso # 16 Once again tries to justify his change in vote, but without much reasoning.
Iso # 17 says a bucnh of crap and says that he changed to furclow he never unvoted so his vote is still on me.
Iso #18 Asks why everyone didnt vote me?
Iso #19 Once against tries to soliciate the revival of my wagon.
Iso #20 Wifoms the whys/why nots to my vote on crypto .

A lot of fluff, no content. Mixed with hypocritcal statements.
unvote vote: Stringer Bell
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

DGB wrote:warriormode I have pegged as town. For his own-wagon analysis.

I'm not sure what you really mean by this. Are you saying that he analyzed his own wagon, and the act of doing that is a town tell?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

DGB wrote:Well I don't like to feel like I'm listening in on private conversations...

I'm not really seeing Stringer as particularly scummy.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the first portion.

I’m of course willing to listen to rational discussion about other possible scum. We do have multiples of course. You’ve stricken Junpei from your list. I’m not really feeling NoPoint based on past observations. Give me something meaty to discuss on Kdub please.

--

Stringer wrote: I disagree.
I think that FC, in trying to look town, tried to pick a fight with one of the most active players.
Because crypto posted so much, I think that FC thought he could find something in all his posts that made crypto look scummy. Hopping on a bandwagon after being largely inactive would have just gotten him a lot of suspicion, so I think he decided to go for crypto in lieu of jumping on a bandwagon.

The bolded isn’t really a viable motivation unless you can show that Fourseen has a history as scum of doing that. Otherwise it’s you taking something that can come from either Town (voting for a player they think is scummy, regardless of activity / experience) or scum (faking such) and not in a proportion that makes it a scum-tell.

Stringer wrote:1. I unvoted FC because there was no reason to have my vote on him. We were past RVS, I saw where my vote was, and I unvoted.

RVS votes aren’t separate from any other part of the game. A vote is a vote is a vote.

Stringer wrote:2. I saw the votecount and just unvoted. I didn't have the time to sit down and look for scum, I just checked the thread and unvoted when I saw that my RVS vote was still on FC. When I sat back down to look for scum, it was right there in front of me.

You didn’t answer the question put to you – are you saying nothing scummy, even in the mildest sense, had happened previous to your unvote and you had no actual scummy reads at that stage?

--

Magister wrote:DrippingGoofball, give me your opinions currently on the following players; warriormode, nopoint, slysly, and Magna. I need some sanity in here. To quickly reiterate my main points;

More buddying up to DGB.

That makes two so far.

Magister wrote:Magna; little bit of gut here after playing with him in (how many games now? five?) (and why i'm less willing to lynch here)
long posts seem to be efforts in posting a lot, not really convincing anyone of anything.
I've seen enough of him to know this.

I chuckle at the bolded. Glass houses, dear sir, glass houses.

The difference between us is I’m directing my attention at multiple players I deem worthy. You’ve basically sat on “Warrior is scum, Fourseen is Town” all game and only develop new ‘reads’ when players direct suspicion at you.

--

Toogeloo wrote:Magna is the biggest name on that list, and his play seems to have an underlying agenda. It's like he is trying to throw suspicion on other people to avoid the suspicions that are currently being ridden. Maybe add chaos to game.
warriormode's wagon has gone completely silent it seems as discussion moves away from 4seen and Warrior and
onto players like Junpei and Ludi
. At the same time, warrior has also disappeared into the void of discussion.
nopoint is more of a vibe than anything. I don't like Bunny, and nopoint likes Bunny. As a result I get a bad vibe about nopoint.

Observation – note the bolded ignores the current biggest wagon of the game (Stringer) in demonstrating that suspicion is moving from Fourseen and Warrior to other players.

Toog
– why is that?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Hey I like DGB!!!! More people need to express their love. I also like MagnaofIllusion, but it would be silly to ask you to self-iso, so....
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 am

In post 513, Magister Ludi wrote:

I'm not sure what you really mean by this. Are you saying that he analyzed his own wagon, and the act of doing that is a town tell?

Yes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 514, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Observation - note the bolded ignores the current biggest wagon of the game (Stringer) in demonstrating that suspicion is moving from Fourseen and Warrior to other players.

Toog
- why is that?
Junpei and Ludi were the first two names that came to town about discussion of current lynch prospects. I hadn't even realized Stringer had as many votes as he has akrewed.

Magister Ludi wrote:Thanks toog. Also, I don't think your bunny lover vote is going to go anywhere today. Would you consider switching to one of these other wagons I proposed? (outside of your town read on slysly)

Yeah, Bunny isn't getting the love I want her to get.

Unvote;
Vote: nopoint
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 498, PeregrineV wrote:Poor vote early game on an annoying player? What town player would ever do that?

Sheeping town MoI is perfectly acceptable if you believe him to be right. Sheeping scum MoI is bad. The key is to figure which one he is.

But since he did vote for crappy reasons in 186, if he realized he was wrong or changed his mind, if he is town, what should he have done?

You are basically saying he is scum for doing X. So I'm asking you if not X, then what?

tl;dr- Fourseen debacle is null, as town would take the same action.

Okay, so you are going to try and chalk up his awful first post to "early game annoyance vote"? No, I won't let you because that's ridiculous, this isn't RVS, and Fourseen didn't act like he was just pissed off at crypto.

Sheeping town MoI is not okay because town MoI is not 100% accurate, even MoI will tell you that he'd rather you scumhunt independently than just follow his word (I would assume, as any other opinion is outrageous).

He backtracked 100% on every opinion (the only opinion) he had, and since then has done nothing but a crappy pbp on a likely scum pal, and asked a few questions. Why is the PBP crappy? Well it has no links! It is poorly written in regards to the english language so that if I'm not looking right at the post, I can't infer what you mean, and you dont link anything.

If not X, then reads and analysis, that's not at all what we got.
In post 489, springlullaby wrote:
IIoA? What is IIoA in what I have said?
1. You are obviously wrong in saying that 'i'm not taking a stance' because I'm currently voting Junpei who is on the fourseen wagon which I think is the scummiest wagon.
2. I don't think either you or stringer is scum atm. What is this 1v1 mentality crap? Your argument about Stringer was townish when it was made but it has been overstated for very many pages now. I'm not buying it. I think stringer's defence is ok and don't think that his unvote warrior stuff is as scummy as you make it out to be.

Everybody on the fourseen wagon is using crappy arguments. Junpei is the scummiest because he tried to pass his call policy lynch for something more than what it was and trying to actively defend that stance when called on it. The only thing that is townish about him is activity, but when you plough through it, it's just noise with everyone whom he seems to be suspicious of being what I identify as weaker players. Read back his replies to me, I don't like how he handled it. I'll venture to say now that the diddin vote looks like a bussing vote.

1. So I'm on a scummy wagon so I'm scummy? Define scummy wagon. Define what is scummy about being on it inherently.

It started with something of a policy lynch, but it EVOLVED into something more. That's what happens to reads for town as the game goes on, the EVOLVE. And I specifically explained how and why it evolved, yet you do not care. Define noise with examples, define what is townish about my activity, go through all my suspicions and pinpoint how they are all weak players. How would town have handled the replies?
In post 516, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 513, Magister Ludi wrote:

Yes.

Can I hear the logic behind this?

Furcolow: You listed quite a few scum reads. Lets see your reasoning on them, they are at the bottom of the linked post.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 am

In post 518, Junpei wrote:Can I hear the logic behind this?

Six years of observations.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Junpei »

I guess you could link me to a dozen or so games where this tell was dropped from town, since you have no reason as to why town would do it, the last thing I can do is make sure that you actually think that and aren't just pulling things out of thin air.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Junpei- I'm not going to dissect your response, but suffice to say I disagree.

To take one from Dgb, why don't you analyze your own wagon and share the results?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by whispersilk »

Responding to prod. Still catching up, currently on page 11.

crypto is cracking me up and I'm liking the plan. That's all I have to say for now.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote, Vote: nopoint
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 pm

In post 520, Junpei wrote:I guess you could link me to a dozen or so games where this tell was dropped from town, since you have no reason as to why town would do it, the last thing I can do is make sure that you actually think that and aren't just pulling things out of thin air.

As you could have predicted, I'm never going to do this. I don't have infinite amounts of time.

I don't need to convince you. I'm stating my opinion, and I'm voting accordingly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”