Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 495, nn30 wrote:@Gamma - what are your thoughts on my defense?
I think you are town who struggled to make their POV known.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 500, Transcend wrote:why're you playing so cautiously

speak your mind bub
It's setup info that I don't know whether it benifits scum to know it or not.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Joshz »

i would just say it because this is not a new setup
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Transcend »

errrr alrighty then

agree with josh
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Io »

There's like only 1 way to play this anyways. What we don't discuss is who the scum should be killing.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

No. If it's useless for town but might help scum, don't say it. Only if it's useful for town
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Joshz »

if its useless he shouldnt want to say it ://
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Transcend »

sorry i just like to know what everyone is thinking always

that's why i post reads lists often and that's why i determine if people's reads are legit or not.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not everything is good to know though. For example, if I think I know who the doc is, I'm sure as hell not saying so. That's basic mafia.
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by culted »

In post 314, Kmd4390 wrote:BK asking for setup strategy advice was weird when town don't have power roles other than the doc which doesn't help with setup breaking, but it looks like a town thought process trying to use the setup to get ahead.
How so?
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by culted »

In post 314, Kmd4390 wrote:Culted, is your secret tell on nn that he gave 3 scum reads with a "/" pairing two of them but didn't do that with the other?
No.
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by culted »

In post 314, Kmd4390 wrote:Transcend is probably town for reaction testing culted.
Where did he reaction test me?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 509, Kmd4390 wrote:Not everything is good to know though. For example, if I think I know who the doc is, I'm sure as hell not saying so. That's basic mafia.
well duh. thats different from having something you 'WANT' to say though. i have a high enough opinion of gamma that if he knew (suspected) who the doc was he wouldnt mention it. i am like transcend, i like knowing everyones thoughts always (and subsequently hate lurkers and post a ton myself), and if it wasnt immediately obvious to gamma as helping scum it probably doesnt in a significant way. granted this is his discretion but he got me curios and i know id be wondering personally if he didnt say it.
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by culted »

In post 309, Kmd4390 wrote:Ok, I'm not going to get through here
And how did that interaction with gamma affect your read?
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by culted »

In post 389, Kmd4390 wrote:BK's point on nn, when combined with my own concerns, is enough that I can definitely sheep that if needed, especially if transcend and gamma are the only other choices.
Which point?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

It would be so much easier if that was all one post but...

The BK thing looked town because true setup breaking benefits town and he was inviting people to look at a way to do that. Unless he already had an idea of how to manipulate it, it's a genuine attempt to help us. And in a setup that can't be broken, there's no way to manipulate it.

Transcend's reaction test was calling a vote a hammer when it wasn't. It's town because if he got a genuine town reaction from you, he'd be reducing the lynch pool which hurts scum.

Interacting with gamma really didn't help much. He didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

The point on nn I was talking about was the one about him townreading Transcend until Transcend voted him which is when he OMGUS voted.

Josh, I was just using an extreme example to make my point.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: nn30
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by culted »

In post 516, Kmd4390 wrote:The BK thing looked town because true setup breaking benefits town and he was inviting people to look at a way to do that. Unless he already had an idea of how to manipulate it, it's a genuine attempt to help us. And in a setup that can't be broken, there's no way to manipulate it.
Suppose a better question would be if it came off like he wasn't familiar with the setup at all?
Because the only way that post looks town to me, is if it's coming from a place of genuine intrigue. Then townreading him for coming at the setup trying to break it would make sense right. But if he knows there's nothing breakable about it it's fluff at best.

Does BK seem like a smart guy who's played a lot of mafia?
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by culted »

In post 516, Kmd4390 wrote:Transcend's reaction test was calling a vote a hammer when it wasn't. It's town because if he got a genuine town reaction from you, he'd be reducing the lynch pool which hurts scum.
I hadn't even noticed that. Not a very good reaction test heh.
In post 516, Kmd4390 wrote:The point on nn I was talking about was the one about him townreading Transcend until Transcend voted him which is when he OMGUS voted.
Okay let me find it.
In post 360, BK201 wrote:
In post 247, nn30 wrote: Transcend is a town read - I meta dove him a while ago and this feels like his town game.
NN goes from a town-read based on "meta dive"....
In post 263, nn30 wrote:@Town - If I get lynched in the next ~5 hours, look to Transcend and Culted.

Transcend's rainbow bs read list reeks of trying too hard and his read on me reeks of trying to turn me into lynchbait.
Only to throw that all of that out when Transcend votes him. Like Trancend's town meta = he doesn't vote NN, or what? It just seems like bullshit. And the line about acting like he is going to get lynched just seems like an unauthentic transition, just being dramatic so he doesn't get lynched.
Why do you (and BK can answer this too) think that it doesn't make sense for nn30 to change his mind here?
Was he 'acting like he was going to be lynched' or just saying 'if I'm lynched' there's a difference.
And we'll give the benefit of the doubt that he was acting like he would be lynched as well just for this question; why does that lend more validity to it being an "unauthentic transition"?
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Io »

In post 519, culted wrote:
In post 516, Kmd4390 wrote:Transcend's reaction test was calling a vote a hammer when it wasn't. It's town because if he got a genuine town reaction from you, he'd be reducing the lynch pool which hurts scum.
I hadn't even noticed that. Not a very good reaction test heh.
Yeah didn't even notice that RT
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Culted,

It's not about intelligence or experience with BK. If he's played this setup before, you have a point though. Do you have evidence of that?

*shrug*. I don't necessarily think it was a good reaction test either, but my point stands regardless.

On nn, it's more about the switch to Transcend for me than about his own lynch. He's perfectly cool with Transcend being town for meta reasons until Transcend votes him. Then suddenly Transcend is scummy? I don't buy it. It seems more like blatant OMGUS than genuine suspicion. The progression just isn't there and the only thing that changed is Transcend suspected nn.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I'm still waiting to see Transcend lynched
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by nn30 »

The re-read that isn't pressed for time:

I don't like Not_Mafia's . While possibly still RVS, it's weak. He follows it by sheeping in . On the other hand I like . He's either soft defending a partner here or just doesn't think it's a good vote. Probs town motivated here. He does it again in . Probably not a method of soft defense.

I don't like that Gamma felt the need to defend his RVS vote in . His defense in is fairly flimsy. I also don't know why he feels the need to defend himself for such a flimsy vote. I also don't like . We scum hunt in this game - trying to flip the burden of proof from 'prove he's scum' to 'prove he's town' feels really off IMO. feels like grasping at straws. I really don't like followed by . I get that Transcend has this effect on people, but this doesn't feel like the kind of play I'm accustomed to from Gamma. I don't get how Transcend has Not_Mafia as top town in though. Gamma's is preatty weak. Gamma's once again feels too defensive.

Josh is a town read. I like his . I feel like most scum, and especially newb scum, would answer rather than just saying no. I liked his exchange with me in recent pages too - they felt town motivated to me. For example .

I like Realo a lot right now. He goes for discussion: .

I'm coming around to an IO town read for things like and and . Good thought process here.

Rory should prepare to SR me for . I'm working on it, but my town game is full of shite cases. He makes a good point on Snarky in .

I don't like Culted's sheep in . I especially don't like the sheep in but I'm biased here, heh.

I still don't like Snarky's . I like what Rory pointed out in and I think it's weird that Snarky hasn't really pushed Gamma.

Kmd's entrance in feels towny. His advice feels warm and fuzzy too.

I still don't like Bk's . I recently finished a game where 1) I tried to scum hunt by finding contradictions (it didn't work - town say contradictory shit all the time) and 2) scum tried to point out contradictions in a townie to try and get me to scum read them. For this reason I don't like Bk's either. I feel like BK has been around long enough to know better than to scum hunt like this (2500 posts total on MS). BK's is also weak.

I still like Realeo for his treatment of me and my wagon. He's either trying to pocket me in doing so or he's actually trying to discern alignment. I lean the latter.

Reads summary

Town
Transcend - his ability to reconsider lynching me feels town.
Josh - he's getting scum read for being new, not because he's scum. His behavior towards feels quite town.
IO - good thought processes.
Realeo - took the path of least resistance rather than speed lynching me.
KMD - entrance and thought processes have felt good so far.

Null
Not_Mafia - I think his existence on my wagon is justifiable. His early game was a bit sheepy but I also like his 'not a good vote' posts.
Culted - recent activity has struck me as odd. Need to look more UNVOTE:
Rory - not sure.
Aristo - null. Hasn't done anything.

Scum
Gamma - too defensive IMO. Also not scum hunting much.
BK - detailed above. Basically he's content with voting for bad reasons and he sheeps too much.
Snarky - I hate his laugh reaction to Transcend. It feels forced.

VOTE: Gamma for reasons detailed above.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Realeo »

Nn (rpg), my question
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?

Return to “Completed Open Games”