Wiki
Wiki
Goon
Wiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Wiki »

Scums: Gamma, Dwlee, Datisi, Dorsey. I will play this.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Selynee »

"This was the response from her that I didn't like the most. It's a really clumsy metaphor that doesn't even make sense, since it implies if someone seems scummy then they're scum. Knowing a language doesn't make you the ethnicity or race of that language, and being scummy doesn't make you mafia."

It's not a methaphor is an analogy and how on Earth did you even got that meaning from it? It's obviously meaning that for all I know, they could be speaking French and German but if one was speaking Russian, given that they can't understand each other, the other can't be speaking the language. Was an analogy: me saying that claiming "if one of them is mafia, the other is not" doesn't equal me saying one of them must be mafia. OK, clumsy, but if you seem like not getting the idea in more plain language thought an analogy might help.

Hmm...I think I've explained why I didn't question that much the alignment of those who first made a read about me. Which would have been more OMGUS than me voting you with reasons. So, at least, you admit this is not.

"T3 even made a naked vote and that somehow doesn't catch her eye?"

Also, actually I've seen T3's vote on me. And asked about it. Btw, one of your arguments is that I'm mafia worried about getting eliminated. So, how is not questioning T3's naked vote going with that argument?
"For ours, a vale of better dreams"
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Selynee »

Also, what's so weird about me accusing you of hiding behind two players's reads.

"Because I saw what looked like a good point and I didn't like your response to it. Why do you think it's odd that other players can be convinced by another player's reads?

Is this a strictly OMGUS vote or do you actually scum read me for believing two other players' reads?

Believing two other players's reads...not agreeing with this amazing arguments.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Three »

In post 496, Datisi wrote: and re: three, uh. while i agree it was a sorta clumsy metaphor, i thought "speaking russian = being russian" there? like, "if one of them speaks russian, the other one does not" doesn't imply "one of them speaks russian", just like "if one of them is scum, the other isn't" doesn't imply "one of them is scum".

obviously correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you're looking too deep into it
I don't think I'm looking too deep into it, I barely understand the point of what she's saying there and I'm kind of confused by your own interpretation of it.
In post 498, Datisi wrote:re : the reason i ask for your experience is because the "when i flip town, you're gonna hide behind others" is a sort of non-commital thought that i see somewhat often. and usually it doesn't imply some sorta big brain calculations of one's flip and all the pushers on their slot's alignments and that the pushers have already planned it out weeks in advance, it's just a reactionary thought to a world that could be happening, and i think it's overall nai. and this is the first time i see someone take a thought like that *that* seriously.
It's more that the more I think about it, the less it makes sense to me. If she backed down or admitted her argument was silly, I'd be more likely to believe it's NAI. But she didn't, yet isn't continuing to pressure me either. Like was said before, she seems aimless and like she doesn't know what to do or how to proceed, and is just sticking her vote on me because she needs to keep it somewhere.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Selynee »

"It's more that the more I think about it, the less it makes sense to me. If she backed down or admitted her argument was silly, I'd be more likely to believe it's NAI. But she didn't, yet isn't continuing to pressure me either. Like was said before, she seems aimless and like she doesn't know what to do or how to proceed, and is just sticking her vote on me because she needs to keep it somewhere."

But I obviously don't think my argument is silly. If you really think my read on you is fake why would you want me to back down? You should be the first to want me out.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:44 am

Post by T3 »

In post 383, Dwlee99 wrote:t3 can I put you in my ultra-awesome list of townies
Why yes I would appreciate it
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:44 am

Post by T3 »

In post 393, Selynee wrote:
In post 377, T3 wrote:
In post 371, Selynee wrote:Andre said I'm washy about DW vs Wiki. Well, as I said, maybe because I don't have a clear view on Dwelee. And I'd also like to see Andre's thoughts on this slot.
VOTE: selynee
Any more thoughts on this?
In post 388, Andresvmb wrote:It’s still too early to have a real solid read on DW. I don’t think they’re Scum - I just think they’re a decently good player and they could be fooling people into thinking they’re Town with their aggression, confidence, and repeated attempts at forming a Town core (which all strike me as +Town).
OK, fair enough on town core. This usually comes from town- depending on what does with those reads later.
No
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:45 am

Post by T3 »

In post 395, geraintm wrote:
In post 309, Wiki wrote:I am a day cop, Dwlee is a checked mafia goon.
In post 310, Wiki wrote:Hard claim
In post 314, Wiki wrote:Hard claim 2
I am already VOTE: dwlee

if wiki retracts this claim at all, will vote for them untill they are gone from the game
I really hate this sequence but I also don’t see the scum motivation
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:46 am

Post by T3 »

In post 412, Datisi wrote:
In post 409, Dwlee99 wrote:Salsa rolled scum too I think
i also thought her intro was tonally *off*, though at this point i feel like i have way too many scumleans, even for this game
Agreed, and I also like this observation.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 496, Datisi wrote:is she more likely to show such antagonistic behaviour when she's scum, or is this some sorta weird policy vote?
it's more policy, though yes I kinda feel like the antagonism is in a way a scumtell
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 419, Datisi wrote:
In post 414, Dwlee99 wrote:Datisi how do you have too many scumleans
Name them
sel and three for already explained reasons at some point in the last two pages
a50 because his laziness reminded me of that c9++ game
geraintm because are you reading his posts
salsa's intro is pingy
t3 is being weird and opportunistic-y and i'm still trying to figure out how to read him

6 feels like too much
and knowing my early reads generally aren't perfect
yeah
Opportunism is never ever ever a scum tell for me. I get accused of it a lot as both alignments.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Selynee »

Why not? I mean, feel free to share.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:52 am

Post by T3 »

In post 424, Dwlee99 wrote:If traitor game then Gera > salsa > a50 has a decent chance of winning imo
I’m thinking this is a traitor game. Having to lim 4 scum to win means town can only afford 3 Muslims.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:53 am

Post by T3 »

In post 432, Gamma Emerald wrote:
i also thought her intro was tonally *off*, though at this point i feel like i have way too many scumleans, even for this game
I think I've got a tell for Salsa atp, but it needs time to work properly
This kind of post generally comes from town.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:54 am

Post by T3 »

In post 435, Almost50 wrote:I have NO towntells. Only SCUM tells. :twisted:
I think your low WIM is a scumtell. VOTE: a50
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Three »

In post 501, Selynee wrote:"This was the response from her that I didn't like the most. It's a really clumsy metaphor that doesn't even make sense, since it implies if someone seems scummy then they're scum. Knowing a language doesn't make you the ethnicity or race of that language, and being scummy doesn't make you mafia."

It's not a methaphor is an analogy and how on Earth did you even got that meaning from it? It's obviously meaning that for all I know, they could be speaking French and German but if one was speaking Russian, given that they can't understand each other, the other can't be speaking the language. Was an analogy: me saying that claiming "if one of them is mafia, the other is not" doesn't equal me saying one of them must be mafia. OK, clumsy, but if you seem like not getting the idea in more plain language thought an analogy might help.

Hmm...I think I've explained why I didn't question that much the alignment of those who first made a read about me. Which would have been more OMGUS than me voting you with reasons. So, at least, you admit this is not.

"T3 even made a naked vote and that somehow doesn't catch her eye?"

Also, actually I've seen T3's vote on me. And asked about it. Btw, one of your arguments is that I'm mafia worried about getting eliminated. So, how is not questioning T3's naked vote going with that argument?
I'm still not sure what you mean by your metaphor/analogy to be honest.

Your explanation for why you haven't questioned those who are apparently mis-reading you feels weak to me since you're scum reading me for less.

...Are you referring to this wrt T3?
In post 393, Selynee wrote:
In post 377, T3 wrote:
In post 371, Selynee wrote:Andre said I'm washy about DW vs Wiki. Well, as I said, maybe because I don't have a clear view on Dwelee. And I'd also like to see Andre's thoughts on this slot.
VOTE: selynee
Any more thoughts on this?
There is a very blatant difference in reactions here. It just further makes me feel like your counter push on me is fake since T3's vote could be seen as legitimately oppotunistic.
In post 502, Selynee wrote:Also, what's so weird about me accusing you of hiding behind two players's reads.

"Because I saw what looked like a good point and I didn't like your response to it. Why do you think it's odd that other players can be convinced by another player's reads?

Is this a strictly OMGUS vote or do you actually scum read me for believing two other players' reads?

Believing two other players's reads...not agreeing with this amazing arguments.
Because your accusation makes no sense, as I clearly have my own additional reasoning for voting you.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:56 am

Post by T3 »

In post 462, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 411, Almost50 wrote:
Sure looks like it, but I only have one vote
You guys have more days to tunnel the shut out of me. I want a D1 pass as I joined late and not interest in catching up atm. :good:
This doesn’t feel like lemin demin Salsa but I’ll need more time.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Three »

In post 504, Selynee wrote:"It's more that the more I think about it, the less it makes sense to me. If she backed down or admitted her argument was silly, I'd be more likely to believe it's NAI. But she didn't, yet isn't continuing to pressure me either. Like was said before, she seems aimless and like she doesn't know what to do or how to proceed, and is just sticking her vote on me because she needs to keep it somewhere."

But I obviously don't think my argument is silly. If you really think my read on you is fake why would you want me to back down? You should be the first to want me out.
What is this circular logic? Your read seems fake because it's nonsense and you didn't back down from it. Why should I be the first to want you out?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:58 am

Post by T3 »

In post 487, Dorsey wrote:No, I just don't know any other way to get into the game.
I very very very much like this sequence from Dorsey. He looks like newbtown out of water in a sense.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Three »

In post 511, Selynee wrote:Why not? I mean, feel free to share.
The lack of aggression here is telling.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 am

Post by T3 »

In post 495, Three wrote:
In post 374, T3 wrote:
In post 340, Three wrote:
In post 329, Andresvmb wrote: @Three, OMGUS doesn’t say shit about someone’s alignment btw. Town sometimes just get frustrated and vote back thinking they’re being attacked by Scum. But I do SR Selynee’s timidity and somewhat narrow focus on your slot.
I don't disagree. The OMGUS doesn't mean as much to me as the rest of her post IMO. It reads like she's trying to scare me off her wagon by acting like she was on the verge of being flipped when she wasn't anywhere close to it. The fact that she's already worried about getting eliminated suggests self-conscious scum to me, like she's mad that she's already been caught over something small and trivial.

If she's genuinely frustrated town, she needs to deal with the people casing her, not attack people who are convinced by those casing her.
this post feels like it's made in bad faith
...Can you elaborate?
You said exactly what selynee was saying but added on a part that felt manipulative, in a sense. Like you’re saying it’s her fault she’s being scumread.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 am

Post by T3 »

In post 511, Selynee wrote:Why not? I mean, feel free to share.
I… just don’t have any more thoughts. The part where you talk about Andrea seemed designed to make it seem like you’re making discussion while pocketing Andres.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:04 am

Post by T3 »

In post 512, T3 wrote:
In post 424, Dwlee99 wrote:If traitor game then Gera > salsa > a50 has a decent chance of winning imo
I’m thinking this is a traitor game. Having to lim 4 scum to win means town can only afford 3 Muslims.
LMAO AUTOCORRECT
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 516, T3 wrote:This doesn’t feel like lemin demin Salsa but I’ll need more time.
Oh no you're absolutely right that Lemon Demon Salsa never posted like that.
As an FYI there's some posting by Salsa I did like after I voted her
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Three »

In post 520, T3 wrote:
In post 495, Three wrote:
In post 374, T3 wrote:
In post 340, Three wrote:
In post 329, Andresvmb wrote: @Three, OMGUS doesn’t say shit about someone’s alignment btw. Town sometimes just get frustrated and vote back thinking they’re being attacked by Scum. But I do SR Selynee’s timidity and somewhat narrow focus on your slot.
I don't disagree. The OMGUS doesn't mean as much to me as the rest of her post IMO. It reads like she's trying to scare me off her wagon by acting like she was on the verge of being flipped when she wasn't anywhere close to it. The fact that she's already worried about getting eliminated suggests self-conscious scum to me, like she's mad that she's already been caught over something small and trivial.

If she's genuinely frustrated town, she needs to deal with the people casing her, not attack people who are convinced by those casing her.
this post feels like it's made in bad faith
...Can you elaborate?
You said exactly what selynee was saying but added on a part that felt manipulative, in a sense. Like you’re saying it’s her fault she’s being scumread.
Who's fault is it that she's being scum read then?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”