Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Fuchs~ »

They way that Clark has gone existing in thread while close to elimination feels more likely to be scum then a town PR I think.

But on the other hand, looking at the Clark wiki, jailkeeper seems very thematically appropriate while jailkeeper seeming to be an unlikely role for scum to get.

Gonna think on it
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:20 am

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 498, Clark~ wrote:I'm a jailkeeper
In post 500, Fuchs~ wrote:They way that Clark has gone existing in thread while close to elimination feels more likely to be scum then a town PR I think.

But on the other hand, looking at the Clark wiki, jailkeeper seems very thematically appropriate while jailkeeper seeming to be an unlikely role for scum to get.

Gonna think on it
Strongly agree with the first point, why do you think it's unlikely for scun to have this role?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:23 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 500, Fuchs~ wrote:They way that Clark has gone existing in thread while close to elimination feels more likely to be scum then a town PR I think.

Gonna think on it
are you telling me that I have to watch the movie?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Palmer~ »

I think the fact that Clark has done the "claim, then dip the thread again" approach feels like scum going into antispew.

I'm gonna let Fuchs answer the above question first, but I have something to say about it.

Pedit: Oh look, first alt slip of the game. Fun.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:31 am

Post by petapan »

Childs~, as played Junkochan, is being replaced. The game thread will re-open when a replacement is found.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by petapan »

A replacement has been found for Childs~. The game resumes now. Deadline will be extended 9 hours to compensate for the thread lock. An additional 24 hours will be granted to account for the new replacement.

New deadline timer: (expired on 2022-11-12 11:00:00)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by petapan »

i sent the notification pm to everyone's main to ensure you saw it, please don't altslip
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by petapan »

Vote Count 1.08

Clark (5):
Garry, Blair, Lars, Fuchs, Childs
Copper (3):
Clark, Bennings, Windows
Windows (2):
Palmer, Nauls
Palmer (1):
Norris
Norris (1):
Copper

Not Voting (1):
MacReady

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is November 12 at 10:00 AM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-11-12 11:00:00)

soundtrack
Humanity 2

▶ ❚❚ ─●───────────────────────────  0:09 / 2:42
free crypto
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Blair~ »

We can test a jailkeeper claim in this game because scum can't actually have a roleblocker but this risks letting Clark jump into a new body if she is a thing
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

Well, how do you envision testing the claim?
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

Also, irregardless of the claim, the fact that they're still not solving, trying to find scum, doing anything, etc, is pretty scummy imo
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Childs~ »

Hi friends!

Just letting you know that y'all should be tracking posting times from various folks.

Now, granted! Won't help for everyone since people like me talk for like 16 hours per day, buuuuuut, you should be tracking both the TIMES they post and what day of the WEEK they post AT those times. (For instance I can post 12 hours apart on some different days but the days that're 12 pm are usually always the same and the days that're 12 am are usually always the same, as an example.)

If someone's posting time changes overnight, probably scum!

Tbh I think the mechanic while fascinating won't actually be used by the scum for exactly that reason; too easy to get caught because this isn't the same rl environment of an epicmafia 'guiser.

Still tho, worth checking out just in case some scum's stupid enough to try. :P

Anyway, reading now!
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 511, Childs~ wrote:Hi friends!

Just letting you know that y'all should be tracking posting times from various folks.

Now, granted! Won't help for everyone since people like me talk for like 16 hours per day, buuuuuut, you should be tracking both the TIMES they post and what day of the WEEK they post AT those times. (For instance I can post 12 hours apart on some different days but the days that're 12 pm are usually always the same and the days that're 12 am are usually always the same, as an example.)

If someone's posting time changes overnight, probably scum!

Tbh I think the mechanic while fascinating won't actually be used by the scum for exactly that reason; too easy to get caught because this isn't the same rl environment of an epicmafia 'guiser.

Still tho, worth checking out just in case some scum's stupid enough to try. :P

Anyway, reading now!
If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
Blair~
Blair~
Townie
Blair~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Blair~ »

In post 510, MacReady~ wrote:Also, irregardless of the claim, the fact that they're still not solving, trying to find scum, doing anything, etc, is pretty scummy imo
agree with this
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 7, Fuchs~ wrote:VOTE: Childs
OMGUS
VOTE: Fuchs
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 17, Clark~ wrote:VOTE: Childs
OMGUS!
VOTE: Clark
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 79, Copper~ wrote:I don't think Clark is scum. Off-the-hip gut read.
Funny, mine is that you're scum if he isn't. :shifty:

Spoiler: notes up to this point
Windows town
Lars town? (Definitely if Norris is actually scum)
( makes him def town)
Fuchs actually town
Palmer town page one, less so after
MacReady town

Garry def not scum with Clark, might be town?
Looks more town as things are going.

Blair, not gonna bother reading, town enough for now.

Copper scum? (Not with Clark probs.)
Clark scum.
Norris possible scum
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 95, Bennings~ wrote:I agree with the sentiment in the sense that Copper (and Clark for that matter) both have an over-explainy, formal kind of tone that I'd put as +Scum.
Because of the shading, Copper/Child probably not scum together.
Lars prob-town.
I like this for town.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 105, Nauls~ wrote:This post is pretty scummy... like "let me clearly describe my thought process around what you've said because I'm such a townie town :D" the "nice try" rubs me the wrong way
It's kind of a meh response to the TBH thing in general, to just go "heehee, it's NAI!". Feels less like Norris naturally found it to be NAI and more like Norris just not being attracted to the thought of jumping on that wagon.
Hard to put into exact words but this feels very performative. Plus I don't like the vote on Windows, their entrance was the best in my opinion.
VOTE: Norris
Not sure if tryharding town or scum tbh.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 397, Copper~ wrote:
In post 343, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
Yeah I'm getting LHF vibes
Doesn't seem like genuine LHF town and more like scum trolling to look like LHF. Subtle difference.
sure, there is a difference, but you haven't done anything to explain what the difference is, hence why your voting seems kinda fabricated/opportunistic

just saying "this trolling seems scummy" and then voting him doesn't really seem like you're trying to figure out alignment, you're just finding a reason
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 512, Windows~ wrote:If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
it limits scum options because now they have to think about this

similar to how nauls (i think it was nauls) commented about not voting on E-2 limits scum options, which I think was a much townier way of the whole "i don't want to put someone to E-1" train of thought than what fuchs did originally
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 512, Windows~ wrote:If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
also to follow up on this, why would scum even write this in the thread, then? feels nitpicky to say it's not town motivated but not see that it's also very difficult for it to be scum motivated?
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 478, Blair~ wrote:Clark doesn't feel like he's trying to find any bad people at all.

Clark asks what should be done but like it should be pretty obvious what the goal of this game is no?
to add to this now that there's been a claim

claiming and then not really expanding on thoughts or anything feels weird, especially if you know you're town and you've just claimed your role. maybe it's just from how i play but when i'm "confirmed" in my mind (ik clark isn't confirmed) i try to become more involved in the thread, not the opposite, because i know i'm likely to die

@Clark

do you have actual scumreads? your reads outside of fuchs have been very surface level
Windows~
Windows~
Townie
Windows~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Windows~ »

In post 520, Bennings~ wrote:
it limits scum options because now they have to think about this

similar to how nauls (i think it was nauls) commented about not voting on E-2 limits scum options, which I think was a much townier way of the whole "i don't want to put someone to E-1" train of thought than what fuchs did originally
Telling everyone not to vote on E-2 avoids us falling into a scum trap where they can quickhammer with lower costs than usual.

Telling everyone to check timestamps avoids scum falling into a town trap where they post at their usual times and we catch them because of it.

Both take away options from scum, I agree, but the first takes away a good option for scum and the second takes away a bad option for scum.
In post 521, Bennings~ wrote:
also to follow up on this, why would scum even write this in the thread, then? feels nitpicky to say it's not town motivated but not see that it's also very difficult for it to be scum motivated?
I see it as potentially a "look I'm helping us to make good plans as town" sort of thing. Easy way to try to appear helpful.

---

In other news I'm doubtful of Clark's claim (on p-edit I see Bennings said what I was going to, that claiming a decent PR and going silent after doesn't feel like it comes from town.

And I'm not keen to delay to test it given she could assimilate away if scum (making bolder fakeclaims less risky). Plus, testing the claim would also involve outing another PR. That all sounds like extra motive for scum to fake claim a role like this.

There's also the risk of a gambit where scum-someone confirms being jailkept by Clark to confirm scum-Clark.

So yeah, I feel ready to vote Clark, but I do want to give Norris, Lars, Garry and Copper a chance to comment first though.
Lars~
Lars~
Townie
Lars~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Lars~ »

Claim with no scum hunting or answering of game related questions = scum

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”