The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 27/5 - 03/6:

Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
50%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
50%

Total votes: 2

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Korlash »

*looks at form*

*coughs*

*repositions glasses*

Well... You're qualifications are... interesting to say the least. You seem more than qualified to work in our produce department... Unfortunately... Positions in that department have been filled... We thank you for your interest in employment with our location and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

On a side note... Minecraft costs me 1600 MS points...

... I only had 2000 points...

=DDDDDDD you better believe I just downloaded that shit... now... in fourteen hours... i shall finally be able to play this game!!!!!! *woohoo dances*

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Korlash »

An open letter to the person/persons who caused my herd of animals to disappear...
Spoiler: Penned in Blood
Number one: Sic vis pacem, para bellum

I hope you can understand the feeling of anticipation I held when I first stepped into my home today to greet my award winning pet chicken only to see an empty pen and realize that it was taking him a tad longer to load than it had taken me. But I did not fear, nor dread, nor fall into a deep depression, OH NO... for he was well worth the wait... His hopeful cluck, his joy filled ruffling of feathers, and his bountiful feast of precious eggs which normal society assumed until recently were solely produced by female chickens... All of these things I could wait an eternity for...

But that eternity came and went... and with it... a portion of my soul... For it soon became apparent... that Chicken... was gone...

Mournful and panic filled I rushed into the Husbandry in which the rest of my carefree flock dwelled hoping the little tyke had scampered into it by mistake. I knew that even if the worst had happened, even in the event my poor sweet fowl had met a tragic end, the rest of my friends would be there to help consul me...

Jumping down into the grassy abode my eyes were met with the bleak unending call... of silence...

I understand...

Corey... he was a bit of a trouble maker... always getting out of his cage and eating the decorative and expensive grass... Steven had a bit of a complex which caused him to play unwell with others, and Eddie... oh poor Eddie... When Eddie said he didn't like his teddy... well... you know the rest... *sniff*

Earnie and Emma... they were unfit for this confinement... I understand that they kept the neighbors up with their loud romping day and night but happy sheep are such a rare things these days, i did not see fit to stifle their passion... And Philis... Poor poor Philis... She didn't deserve this... She didn't deserve any of this...

Perhaps this is my fault... Perhaps I let my ego overtake my reason... To believe I could actually keep such honest creatures to myself... Keep them locked away... ;_; Love them... Cherish them... Appreciate them as individuals... Or perhaps... just perhaps... it isn't...

So... to you... to the helpless... doomed... soon to regret ever fucking waking up in the morning pile(s) of... well you know... If you're looking for ransom, I don't have any money... but what I do have is a very specific set of skills I have collected over a long career... Skills that make me a monster to people like you... If you tell me this is a hoax... or some glitch... or a faulty internet connection, I will not look for you... But if you don't... I will look for you... and I will find you...

And I will burn you... I will burn the
heart
... out of you...

-Signed, The late Korlash...

Number Two: Frank Korlash is dead... He died with his family...Number three: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue…natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by theplague42 »

1. I would assume that the development by workplace vending machines and other horrors such as "Cheez Crackers" lead directly to the oppression of the proletariat. Dave Barry is an excellent source for this kind of information so I would have to consult him to explain this further.

2. Sir, is there any reason you ask this question twice? I wonder if I'm missing something. A struggle of class against class is (obviously) a class struggle, generally among 3rd-graders and the like. It often ends in full-on class warfare, involving such dastardly tactics as pinching and kicking.

3. If you are referring to soccer (or football to my foreign friends) then the Wolverhampton Wanderers won the Cup Final in 1949.

Bonus: I would love to work weekends.
Part of the problem.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Korlash »

*flips through pages*

Hmmm... *marks something on the last page*

Well that seems to be taken care of.. not the scores we were hoping for but still passing with slightly off the ground colors..

Now i just need you to take a drug test... and we'll do a background check asap.

So answer these questions about drugs, make sure to tell us everything you're taking and where you got it because we are a sharing company... The background looks good on my end, the colors are bright and it doesn't take away from the main picture, so all is well.

Congratulations sir! you are now employed at Korblestones at the rank of junior stocker! Your duties include cleaning up the break room, watching out for vandles, and stocking the shelves with stuff that looks nice... Remember our store motto, we sell dreams and shit... You take care of the customer, and we'll take care of you!

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey guys.

I'm thinking about adding some markers to our dynamic map. I tried setting up the plugin so that marks could be automatically added by putting up plaques with some specific codes, but that is not working. So just PM me the coordinates and description of the marker, and I will manually add them to the map. Please do it through PM (to not clog up the thread).

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 am

Post by theplague42 »

Would anybody mind if I added another way out of the Spawntown well? It's a bit slow to exit after warping. I'll probably use sugarcane and make a staircase to one of the nearby grassy patches.
Part of the problem.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Sure. Or you could run straight ahead from the warp pad and jump into the lake.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Oh, I was planning on just putting vines in the top of the well to slow the fall.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Or what if we just made the well shallower - perhaps two or three blocks? That way it won't take ages to get out.

Also it's fine if you don't want to change it, but my OCD complains about how you drop down one hole and land in a 2x2 hole. Could we make the well 3x3?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

It was originally a 2X2 hole you drop in. I have no idea who changed it.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Anyone up for some kind of event this weekend? It could be FFA, team PvP, or something else entirely, I have maps we can use.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also, lol.

Spoiler:
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Maruchan »

god i hate lighting bugs
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I had to cover the top of my sphere with glowstone stalactites to drown out the lighting bugs.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Shit, they're fixing nether water in 1.3. I guess I have to find a use for those ice blocks I got. :(
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Maruchan »

lolololol
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 4910, Maruchan wrote:Image

I upgraded town treefarm.

Can an OP kindly deposit some junglesaplings for us? Its the only treetype not self-sufficient
Show
Join Now!

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Oh, I know how you can use those ice blocks. Can you give them to me when I get online?

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...how? Bear in mind I only got 17 before they patched it again.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I was going to use it for Fishy's Jungle temple because he let me make the snow biome room.

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ah. Well, in 1.3 I can get you more because they're fixing silk touch again, they just won't be usable in the nether. I need a nether use for these ones before they "fix" that, too.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 5042, Maruchan wrote:
In post 4910, Maruchan wrote:Image

I upgraded town treefarm.

Can an OP kindly deposit some junglesaplings for us? Its the only treetype not self-sufficient

You may know already, but they are self sufficient if you grow the big ones.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 am

Post by Claus »

Hey guys!

1- I started to change one of the villages in our map to be a Testificate megalopolis! If anyone is interested in helping, feel free to hop on and modify the village. The number of testificates is directly related to the number of "valid doors" in a radius around the city. A valid door is one where the number of "covered tiles" between the inside and the ouside of the door are different. If you find this complicated to understand, just follow the examples that I have already built there -- our you can prettify the existing NPC buildings, or build a small house+beds around the nether portal, etc.

2- I took some pictures of the construction process:

http://imgur.com/a/EurDU#0

3- To get to the testificate village, go to the blaze farm, and take the path leaving from there -- right now there is not a path actually - just follow straight until you find the portal -- if anyone would like to build a path and a portal house in the nether, that would be great!

4- added some markers to the map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

We should wall it off, keep the villagers safe. Then expand it and build more houses so they reproduce.

Return to “The Arcade”