Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5125 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

A50 has been in the “town core” but hasn’t been actively defending. I noticed this last day phase, but i have a bad tendency of flip flopping my A50 town read around this time, so I don’t really think he’s scum because of this.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5126 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Ankamius »

A message from Eddie Cane!
In post 5124, Flavor Leaf wrote:@EC - like, I get it. I’m a scum read, but who would my partners be? EP is like my only assistance this game, and you know from experience that I need the support system or I go down. You and I during our scum team games, we were extremely paired up.

If your slot is town, I could see a Maria, Dave, A50, and one of the commuters team. Does that look completely out of the realm of possibility?
Building complicated worlds is a waste of time right now, since nom3's flip has a big effect on the game.

I really don't care enough to go back through nom's associatives right now. But, from what I can remember, nom3 being scum looks worse for you and better for Panth/Gamma, as a quick example. She fits in some worlds, but ignoring that:

You can be scum with the following players: Almost50, Kuribo, Davesaz, maybe EspressoPatronum if your neighborhood has two scum, maybe Gamma? There's probably more, but I haven't started a deep solve for partners.

My immediate thought after seeing the flip was that Almost50 killed Chennisden to start looking towards getting that vigilante shot, especially since Chenn and Ank were both hard aligned.

The other immediate thought I had yesterday was that you (as in Flavor Leaf) were discrediting Ank yesterday without commiting to a messy hard push, and that you would lolhammer regardless of your alignment, but that you would also be more likely to do it as scum since you already know you can get away with doing it.

I don't think a MariaR team is impossible, which I tried to express in my earlier posts. I'm just currently thinking there's one scum between you two (FL and MariaR), leaning you currently.

Sorry if anything got lost during the paraphrasing.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5127 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

I still don't want a nom lynch, I feel like I'm quacking in the wind on that one.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #5128 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5122, Ankamius wrote:I'd also really like Pine to show up
hey, join the club, that makes two of us

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #5129 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5117, Ankamius wrote:Appeal to the town within Gammagooey, Panthaleon, and Kuribo (after his V/LA is over) to get activity and leadership up.
I got admin-warned for abusive language toward Firebringer for this game, which doesn't surprise me and was well-deserved.

you can imagine what this means for my motivation to keep slogging through this hellgame

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #5130 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5129, kuribo wrote:I got admin-warned for abusive language toward Firebringer for this game, which doesn't surprise me and was well-deserved.

the warning being well-deserved, not the abusive language

that was only debatable-deserved

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5131 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5126, Ankamius wrote:A message from Eddie Cane!
In post 5124, Flavor Leaf wrote:@EC - like, I get it. I’m a scum read, but who would my partners be? EP is like my only assistance this game, and you know from experience that I need the support system or I go down. You and I during our scum team games, we were extremely paired up.

If your slot is town, I could see a Maria, Dave, A50, and one of the commuters team. Does that look completely out of the realm of possibility?
Building complicated worlds is a waste of time right now, since nom3's flip has a big effect on the game.

I really don't care enough to go back through nom's associatives right now. But, from what I can remember, nom3 being scum looks worse for you and better for Panth/Gamma, as a quick example. She fits in some worlds, but ignoring that:

You can be scum with the following players: Almost50, Kuribo, Davesaz, maybe EspressoPatronum if your neighborhood has two scum, maybe Gamma? There's probably more, but I haven't started a deep solve for partners.

My immediate thought after seeing the flip was that Almost50 killed Chennisden to start looking towards getting that vigilante shot, especially since Chenn and Ank were both hard aligned.

The other immediate thought I had yesterday was that you (as in Flavor Leaf) were discrediting Ank yesterday without commiting to a messy hard push, and that you would lolhammer regardless of your alignment, but that you would also be more likely to do it as scum since you already know you can get away with doing it.

I don't think a MariaR team is impossible, which I tried to express in my earlier posts. I'm just currently thinking there's one scum between you two (FL and MariaR), leaning you currently.

Sorry if anything got lost during the paraphrasing.
Jingle also thinks it was poor of Ank pushing where she did, and I know at least 50% of it is wrong now, probably at least 75% because I don’t think EP is scum, and I’m not shy to hard push. Actually, i did hard push yesterday. I was stating a hard Maria and Ank team, but I wanted Maria first.

If your slot is scum, then fine, I get why you’re setting me up, but if you’re town, you’re wrong on me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5132 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also how would I ever “lolhammer” Ank? I believe I was even voting Ank for a bit, so I couldn’t have hammered.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #5133 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5127, kuribo wrote:I still don't want a nom lynch, I feel like I'm quacking in the wind on that one.
man either vote someone you think is scummier than her or explain it to me because I don't want to go deep isohunting when I should already be asleep

She doesn't have any townreads that seem thought out at all, she pushed to try to get attention for a 1v1 with two of her townreads when she was the leading wagon, her d1 play in retrospect feels mostly like an enormous NAI argument

actually im just going to sleep now b/c that is the best option left to me so I'll see ya'll tomorrow
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5134 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m not discrediting, I’m pushing the reads as scummy, there’s a difference, don’t misrep how it was.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5135 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5129, kuribo wrote:
In post 5117, Ankamius wrote:Appeal to the town within Gammagooey, Panthaleon, and Kuribo (after his V/LA is over) to get activity and leadership up.
I got admin-warned for abusive language toward Firebringer for this game, which doesn't surprise me and was well-deserved.

you can imagine what this means for my motivation to keep slogging through this hellgame
I am shocked.

mods actually respond to people being abusive to me?

must be because I didn't report it.
also what did u even do. I can't even remember u not doing anything out of the ordinary or maybe I am used to it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #5136 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5133, Gammagooey wrote:She doesn't have any townreads that seem thought out at all, she pushed to try to get attention for a 1v1 with two of her townreads when she was the leading wagon, her d1 play in retrospect feels mostly like an enormous NAI argument

i asked multiple times over the last three days asking someone, anyone, to sum up why nom was scum, and i got nothing from nobody. this is the closest anyone has come to explaining why she's been the leading wagon for days.

my townread is partially gut and a big part judging her temper tantrum on day one, as well as her attitude the last couple of days since. I don't think she's scum, I think she's town whose back is against a wall and who's tired and demoralized from pushing the same boulder endlessly. I think she's watched scummier players slip out of the noose while people keep trying to fit one for her instead.

you can poo-poo gut reads if you like, it's more a matter of playstyle to me, and my gut says she's town. My ability to read the emotions of others makes her waaaaay town.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #5137 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 5135, Firebringer wrote:
In post 5129, kuribo wrote:

I am shocked.

mods actually respond to people being abusive to me?

must be because I didn't report it.
also what did u even do. I can't even remember u not doing anything out of the ordinary or maybe I am used to it.
called you the c-word, and I do apologize for that one, I don't generally use that word. Well, on this site anyway. It's the nickname we use around my house for one of the cats. Or the one cat we have because the other is still missing.

It doesn't much matter who reported it, and I'm not stressed about it. For all I know it could have been one of my own teammates since Pine had repeatedly asked me to calm down. *Shrug* it is what it is, game on I suppose

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5138 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

"cunt" isn't offensive to me. and I will never get why people think it is.

I feel more insulted by when u called me an illiterate moron. That was way to kind of u to say and u should take it back my ability to read and intelligence is much worse than that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5139 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by davesaz »

Commuter hood would have switched to vengeful for last standing right?
Which variety? Hammerer, someone on wagon, or anyone?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5140 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 5110, Gammagooey wrote:Is there a particular reason you're focusing on any of those three and not one in particular you find scummy?
I mostly just want to see what sticks right now, I feel out of the three the only one I haven’t really given a lot of reasoning on the scumread is FL, but our little spat should prove that enough. If I was to focus on one it’d be DEB. Because FL/EP probably have one town in them and I don’t know who that townie is. I think they both have wonderful reasons to be scum and I’d lynch them in a heart beat. The fact DEB is alive right now is just??? Like, DEB needs to die. I’ve explained why and I’ll do it again if I have to.
In post 5110, Gammagooey wrote:Because yesterday you were going FULL BITCHING on how the game was garbage because we had 3 "not-mafia" flips and now for some reason instead of actually having one person you want dead you're pointing at 3 people and saying 'eh somewhere in there' so considering how bad another not-mafia flip would be today compared to yesterday it feels v. bad.
I wasn’t bitching. I don’t bitch. (Well, at least not in this game state of a game) I was simply stating a fact. Now we have a new day new flips and things to talk on. Even though people instantly want to go back on nom for the vengeful bit. I’m stating people I scumread. If you disagree with them question it more intensely. The gamestate is bad because of flips that shouldn’t be up for debate. It should be a fact. I don’t get how this is still a point. Do you think people are using this to not play?
In post 5110, Gammagooey wrote:Especially when I think there's a very strong likelihood of nom being scum based on her play yesterday as well
as other things that I'm going to leave unsaid for the moment
I don’t understand this logic, because right now I’m not gonna vote nom. Others might, but I’m not. Considering we have a free lynch else where that helps my motives and reads.
In post 5112, EspressoPatronum wrote:FB getting removed from the commuter hood means nom gets the LMS without FB needing to die. If FB is town, he's now hoodless. I think that means he's vanilla now.
I at least got part of that, but I don’t get why or how that became a thing.
In post 5112, EspressoPatronum wrote:Two questions:
1. Why do you think voting in me and FL is a good idea?
2. Why do you think mine and FL's LMS gives us a free lynch back?
Because my reads on you guys are confident. Really, I think one scum is in your hood and the power of the doctor would go up to a 50/50 because you can random vote. Along with whoever is scum in that hood (Atm I think it’s FL but subject to change) doesn’t want the other to die cause then they need to use the LMS or scum claim
Wouldn’t it made it so the scum have to kill the last player in the hood? But we just commute them and done. Free lynch back at odd numbers.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5141 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by MariaR »

Like, say we do lynch nom. The LMS of the other hood is now a vig. We can't use that.
If we lynch where I want we can commute and save a ml right? Or am I wrong in how a lighting rod works
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5142 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by MariaR »

Really interested in the people who called me scum with someone in the inventor hood now that DV has flipped town.
Do you think Dave is scum and I still did that or? Where's the update on that. I'd love to hear it.

Quick update from umd: He thinks DEB is obvious scum and the only reason Ank is alive right now is that scum are using her as a giant distraction.
Dunn has given me some thoughts and umd more but I want to get them more clear given we're kinda just spitting reads and debating atm
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5143 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by MariaR »

From dunn: Ep has cold clinical analysis and argues in a way that makes him look right, but doesn't actually mean the other person is scum.

He agrees both FL/EP are scummy but we disagree on who we think the more scummy person is.
Dunn thinks EP is scum Umd doesn't think so.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5144 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

There is no commute anymore, FB was removed from the neighborhood.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 am

Post by nomnomnom »

If you really rely on me to make a good shot here you've lost your mind
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:53 am

Post by nomnomnom »

You know what

I think scums think they know where I would shoot, so they think it's safe to vote me.

Perhaps it changes how I view this whole game...
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #5147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 5146, nomnomnom wrote:You know what

I think scums think they know where I would shoot, so they think it's safe to vote me.

Perhaps it changes how I view this whole game...
uh huh.

you realize that if you're town that pretty much RIGHT NOW is pretty much the best chance you're going to get to change the course of this game and convince people to go with your reads on the game right?

For better or worse you're the center of attention atm, there isn't a load of apathy from the day dragging on for a week+ and nothing happening, and I'd assume that most people on the DV wagon are recalibrating their reads to some extent.

Do you have anyone in particular you think looks very good/very bad from yesterday or anything that you think people are overlooking that isn't entirely focused on yourself?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I did mention in my hood that I thought I wanted to go FL yesterday just because a lot of what he says is just plain odd.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:46 am

Post by nomnomnom »

today*

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”