Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Dunno i feel like all the town power was in my hands and i just fucked it up.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 5223, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 5219, MariaR wrote:
In post 5218, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 5210, MariaR wrote:
In post 3790, MariaR wrote: but If I had to take a guess at scum rn I'd say Reg Theway it ends and one of Ceph/LLD feels pretty good
Smith why you no sheep me B)
They murdered me after you were lynched :(
o rip friend. Don't tunnel me again or I'll cry ;~:
Sorry I thought for a while you were scum. I did turn it around tho :)
I wish I'd been able to follow you, damnit!!!
balance among all things
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 5223, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 5219, MariaR wrote:
In post 5218, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 5210, MariaR wrote:
In post 3790, MariaR wrote: but If I had to take a guess at scum rn I'd say Reg Theway it ends and one of Ceph/LLD feels pretty good
Smith why you no sheep me B)
They murdered me after you were lynched :(
o rip friend. Don't tunnel me again or I'll cry ;~:
Sorry I thought for a while you were scum. I did turn it around tho :)
dw my play early game was when I was obv town but my reads were wrong but later on I had almost all the scum but couldn't town it up :lol:
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #5228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 5187, drealmerz7 wrote:toxicity!?!? LLD was obviscum and nothing I could say could convince you otherwise and you didn't go back and read more carefully to make your own determination, a speed read doesn't do it

hebi, I scumread LLD way more than you but you were a lurksack just siding with LLD which seemed ridiculous you can't put that on anyone else
when did I lurk? Seriously.
Floodgates
Floodgates
Goon
Floodgates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Floodgates »

In post 5213, MathBlade wrote:I agree with Regfan

I townread him because the BP
That was actually a reason to scumread him, like so scummy it was basically a scumclaim. It made no sense to give it to anyone but Imperium/my slot/NMS and maybe one or two others, Sakura Hana was never eating a kill.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by hebichan »

I guess I could have posted more, oh hey TWIE is scum guys.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 5225, Sakura Hana wrote:Dunno i feel like all the town power was in my hands and i just fucked it up.
meh, don't sweat it, really

I mean you should never claim BP but, ya, this game might be the exception where it is at least forgivable because it was a tricky thing, so whatever

@maria - I don't think I've ever seen you be so towny so early in a game which was a big reason I scumleaned you and ended up being comfy with you lynch after the self vote (on top of)
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5229, Floodgates wrote:

That was actually a reason to scumread him, like so scummy it was basically a scumclaim. It made no sense to give it to anyone but Imperium/my slot/NMS and maybe one or two others, Sakura Hana was never eating a kill.
Doh I was dumb :(
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 5225, Sakura Hana wrote:Dunno i feel like all the town power was in my hands and i just fucked it up.
Nah.

I mean your usage wasn’t great, but you essentially just assigned a bp and a watch.

That you think that town power mainly went to you is indicative that town had no real power.

Ps Probably you TRing reg for bp send was poor tho (like I said :P )
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

No one listens to smith :cry:
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by MariaR »

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I don't think you can expect things to happen as they did.

Like, yes you gave Regfan the power night 1 but it turned out to be a super positive town move that protected you.

Night 2 was cancelled by me.

From that point on you targetted the night kill. You can be blamed for MAYBE one of those, but both? Like.... you can't predict every kill at that point.

I dunno I thoguht you were fine. I think your demotivation hurt you more than anything else.

I hope everything turns out better for you moving forward. I hated more than anything to see you lose all the passion you were displaying.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5235, MariaR wrote:

Yes I was dumb

I was dysphoric and depressed and Drealmerz not being helpful and just telling me to read what I already read and telling me I can't understand context and I know that because I am an Aspie I need it explained it was horrible of me to vote I just wanted the day over
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5236, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I don't think you can expect things to happen as they did.

Like, yes you gave Regfan the power night 1 but it turned out to be a super positive town move that protected you.

Night 2 was cancelled by me.

From that point on you targetted the night kill. You can be blamed for MAYBE one of those, but both? Like.... you can't predict every kill at that point.

I dunno I thoguht you were fine. I think your demotivation hurt you more than anything else.

I hope everything turns out better for you moving forward. I hated more than anything to see you lose all the passion you were displaying.
You were amazing Sakura
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #5239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 5237, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5235, MariaR wrote:

Yes I was dumb

I was dysphoric and depressed and Drealmerz not being helpful and just telling me to read what I already read and telling me I can't understand context and I know that because I am an Aspie I need it explained it was horrible of me to vote I just wanted the day over
Math Dreal is someone you need to just like...learn I wish you subbed in when I was still alive instead of sakura just wanting to grudge me cause we would've synched up real quick but dw about it ^^
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 5230, hebichan wrote:I guess I could have posted more, oh hey TWIE is scum guys.
yeah he was pretty obviously scum too, but LLD should have been first

good point on the BP give, damn
balance among all things
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yeah as i said, i came around to it Day 4, but i was too distracted by other things, i did mention it i remember Reg replying to me saying that i was being paranoid. Since i controlled all dream's targets and the dreams contained all of town's power, that means that the entire game depended on my role and it's usage (unless i died, in that case it would be random), which i think it's bad design, i think the dream mechanic is interesting, but could use some improving, mainly it being more clear what the dreams do, or at least if a dream is flipped to flat out say what it'll do instead of just "hinting" it so then we have better information to decide if we want to change our votes or not.

P-Edit: Yeah Day 4 ended up being a global dream anyway, but i had targeted smith that night, so if it hadnt been global i'd have ended up giving a dream to the dying person again. Day 2 i was also giving the power to NMS and they died even tho you cancelled it with your power. No matter how it ended up being the end result, the truth is i ended up targeting everyone that ended up dying (except Regfan, my scum target, ironically). At least this shows that im still good at figuring town out since my days as Luna.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

Congrats scum!

I think the setup was fine. The dreams actually being randomly sent out instead of directed by one player might have been preferable? Maybe have the person be a dream watcher to see where the roles ended up to hold them accountable possibly? But that's just a quick thought and I don't know how it'd play out. I do think you overestimated how easy your clues for the dreams were though. Admittedly I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to figure them out, and probably they'd be easier to guess in retrospect, but I don't think they were as easy to figure out as you thought they might be.

But really the game relied more on day play and scum hunting and that's fine. Town just never really came together enough to do that and work together. Sorry I wasn't able to get it working together before I left too. I was going to try, but really a mafia break has been in the cards for a few months so.

Drealmer - One day you're going to figure out how to recognize when I'm town. Maybe. Probably. Maybe.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 5240, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 5230, hebichan wrote:I guess I could have posted more, oh hey TWIE is scum guys.
yeah he was pretty obviously scum too, but LLD should have been first

good point on the BP give, damn
If LLD was first everyone would want to lynch me, that was how the whole game went.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by hebichan »

you tied LLD to me early on, I had good reads, people who agreed with my reads died.

You refused to go after obvscum that I wasn't tied to even though you agree it was obvscum.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by hebichan »

There was literal no reason to go after LLD first except your own ego.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Regfan »

Okay some thoughts;

Frankly I don't think either town or scum played
great
as a unit at all, we ended up winning because we managed to get a little more cohesion than the town did and had a few night actions go our way. I think there were plenty of townies that were very accurate with their reads either throughout the entire game or at certain sections, all of [Mhsmith, NMS, Cephrir, Maria, Brian, Serra, Imperium, Varsoon, Floodgates and Hebichan] had decent games re; read accuracy but the problem was the ones that could have done something about those reads died before they had the chance to and the rest were far too passive when it came to actually pushing through a lynch which gave us control to just re-divert attention to a townie that's being misread somewhere. It happened D2 when town were going to correctly lynch Syrana near the end of the day phase and we hard pushed it through on Nos, it happened when the Maria lynch occurred and again with Desperado. I think a lot of those players I listed need to take away from this game that they need to actually try and put together stronger cases behind their scum reads and secure that the lynch actually lands there otherwise town will just passively sit around until near the end of the phase giving us a huge amount of control.

I haven't had a full look at the setup and the potential dreams but I think the setup was scum sided, not to the point where we had a huge advantage that town couldn't come back against but enough so that I'd say this is probably 55/45 scum/town before roles being handed out. People need to remember that while the dreams didn't actually end up giving town a lot it potentially could have and we were just as in the dark about what's coming up as the town making it harder for us to move around, had the masons been a little less obvious and town had 1-2 good dreams it'd have been an uphill battle for us. Regardless, I don't think it's the setup that cost the town the game, it's most certainly was a case of town losing it via not having any cohesion when it comes to agreeing on which scum to lynch, it allowed us to create divisions inside the town and link players together.

Will post the rest later.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh wait masons probably shouldn't have been lovers. Okay that's my thought on the setup.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by hebichan »

I literally don't know how to push reads.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 5242, Tammy wrote: Drealmer - One day you're going to figure out how to recognize when I'm town. Maybe. Probably. Maybe.
I fucking hope so, gd. the hydra thing doesn't help though! but I understand your desire for it

when you're imperium let's just be scum together that works for me better
balance among all things

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”