SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by SirWario »

Wary is usually used to mean something like be cautious.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

I do not like the way that curiouskarmadog talks about the fact that it could be a cop role. If it was a cop like role that said to "be wary of CKD," then wouldn't that mean CKD wasn't town aligned? What are your thoughts on this, anyone in general. Also, of all the people who did end up voting Aimee, I didn't like Simenon's just jumping on there. His reasoning is because an Aimee lynch is better than no-lynch, but how about a scum lynch instead? He didn't even read the thread. The only person who could vote for someone to lynch on a whim, without even reading the thread, and think it is better than a no lynch can only be scum.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Simenon »

His reasoning is because an Aimee lynch is better than no-lynch, but how about a scum lynch instead? He didn't even read the thread. The only person who could vote for someone to lynch on a whim, without even reading the thread, and think it is better than a no lynch can only be scum.
I'm sorry, but a random lynch is better than a no lynch. A lynch on someone I thought was scum wasn't possible at that point, so I went with the next best option- voting someone who could be realistically lynched.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by ryan »

But your vote on Aimee wasn't necessary at that point, she was going to be lynched numbers wise WITH or WITHOUT your vote, YET you still jumped on with zero reasoning.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Simenon »

But, as I must be saying for the fourth time, I didn't know the vote wasn't necessary. The rules I read stated that there would be a nolynch if a majority wasn't reached.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by ryan »

Simenon wrote:But, as I must be saying for the fourth time, I didn't know the vote wasn't necessary. The rules I read stated that there would be a nolynch if a majority wasn't reached.
But it was also stated that if there was a TIE than there would be no lynch. There was no tie at the time and everyone had weighed in (pdcakes might not have had a vote, but I'd have to check) I would be much better with a player saying they didn't feel good about a lynch of the current person and vote somebody they felt was scummy. It's an easy way for a scum to come in late, go along with a bandwagon and vote off a townie and than come back later and say "My bad, I messed up with the vote count"
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by ryan »

kabenon007 wrote:I do not like the way that curiouskarmadog talks about the fact that it could be a cop role. If it was a cop like role that said to "be wary of CKD," then wouldn't that mean CKD wasn't town aligned? What are your thoughts on this, anyone in general. Also, of all the people who did end up voting Aimee, I didn't like Simenon's just jumping on there. His reasoning is because an Aimee lynch is better than no-lynch, but how about a scum lynch instead? He didn't even read the thread. The only person who could vote for someone to lynch on a whim, without even reading the thread, and think it is better than a no lynch can only be scum.

Why do you believe you were banned from voting?
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by pdcakes »

Guys im really sick. so i wont be able to really read through all the new posts until at least tomorrow. im really sorry
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by ryan »

Has anyone considered we could have a tracker in this game? I would think a cop wouldn't post notes but get guilty or innocent verdicts. Leads me to wonder if we have a tracker of some sort.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Simenon »

But it was also stated that if there was a TIE than there would be no lynch. There was no tie at the time and everyone had weighed in (pdcakes might not have had a vote, but I'd have to check)
Not in the first post.
I would be much better with a player saying they didn't feel good about a lynch of the current person and vote somebody they felt was scummy.
This isn't a question of what you feel would be scummy, this is a question about the proper play, which with the information I had I believed was the right one.
It's an easy way for a scum to come in late, go along with a bandwagon and vote off a townie and than come back later and say "My bad, I messed up with the vote count"
whut
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by ryan »

Listen whether you made a mistake or not isn't up for discussion, you could easily be lying about knowing what was the proper procedure or not. If you would have properly read the thread (especially the latest pages) BEFORE casting your vote you would have known the procedure as it was stated in the thread by the mod. Your vote looks calculated and a way to lynch off a townie, hence why you are my #1 suspect here in Day 2.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Simenon »

ryan wrote:Listen whether you made a mistake or not isn't up for discussion, you could easily be lying about knowing what was the proper procedure or not. If you would have properly read the thread (especially the latest pages) BEFORE casting your vote you would have known the procedure as it was stated in the thread by the mod.
It's not?
Yes, I could be easily lying. Any explanation in mafia can be reduced to "whether you made a mistake or not isn't up for discussion, you could easily be lying." This is not a way the game should be played.
Your vote looks calculated and a way to lynch off a townie, hence why you are my #1 suspect here in Day 2.
Back it up.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by ryan »

I've just backed up my reasoning the last two pages on you. You swooped in late, made sure the Aimee lynch went through and now you're saying you didn't know what the procedure was for in lynching. You've been around since 2006 (according to your join date) for you to make the game believe you didn't know what you were doing in your lynch is laughable at best. You didn't read the thread properly, you voted off a top candidate, and now you are back peddling.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Simenon »

ryan wrote:I've just backed up my reasoning the last two pages on you. You swooped in late,

I made the slacking post in all my five games.
Already explained count: one.
made sure the Aimee lynch went through
lol. Of course I made sure the Aimee lynch went through. Interesting you don't take any responsibility for it despite the fact you were on it.
and now you're saying you didn't know what the procedure was for in lynching.
I didn't have the chance to read the thread so I assumed Theopor was abiding by his previous rules. Why is that a bad assupmtion?
Already explained count: two.
You've been around since 2006 (according to your join date) for you to make the game believe you didn't know what you were doing in your lynch is laughable at best.
What do join dates have to do with deadline rule inconsistencies?
You didn't read the thread properly,
I didn't have time to do so before the deadline, obviously.
Already explained count: three.
you voted off a top candidate
Yes, in mafia, someone has to vote off the top candidate. This is how people die and games go into other days and such and such.
and now you are back peddling.
Back it up.

yea, I think I'm going to
Vote ryan
SEND THE VECTOIDS
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

vote: curiouskarmadog

you basically painted yourself into a corner by voting for Simenon who was "revealed" to be scum through the first note, while the second note told the town to be wary of you. Be wary of someone does not have positive connotations. If the "author" wanted to address you in a positive light, they easily could have said something like "be aware of CKD, or Pay attention to CKD" this might be a different story. Be wary definitely implies danger. And even if Simenon is acting suspicious, you should most nearly know whether or not he is scum. You choose scum, and I will be consistent to your line of reasoning.
GodOfWine
GodOfWine
Goon
GodOfWine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by GodOfWine »

EBWOP:
Vote: CKD
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ryan wrote:Has anyone considered we could have a tracker in this game? I would think a cop wouldn't post notes but get guilty or innocent verdicts. Leads me to wonder if we have a tracker of some sort.
never been in a game with a tracker not sure how they work...

will wiki it..

SirW, I know what the word "wary" means, what I am trying to figure out is, if it is implying that I am town or scum...this would help me gauge the first note...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Okay, Simenon, the mere fact that a townie is a townie is enough to justify a no-lynch over what you did. You had no facts, you hadn't read the thread, you had no reason to vote Aimee logically, plus the fact that she was, as ryan pointed out, doomed already. A no-lynch, while undesirable, could and in this case did kill an innocent townie. A townie is powerful merely by being a townie, voting and voicing opinion, and a random lynch is of these townies is not better than no lynch, because then we still have at least one more townie than we had.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

and no, ryan, I have no frickin idea why I have a vote restriction. Pisses me off though...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:57 pm

GodOfWine wrote:vote: curiouskarmadog

you basically painted yourself into a corner by voting for Simenon who was "revealed" to be scum through the first note, while the second note told the town to be wary of you. Be wary of someone does not have positive connotations. If the "author" wanted to address you in a positive light, they easily could have said something like "be aware of CKD, or Pay attention to CKD" this might be a different story. Be wary definitely implies danger. And even if Simenon is acting suspicious, you should most nearly know whether or not he is scum. You choose scum, and I will be consistent to your line of reasoning.
(smile)....Danger to who GoW? if the writer found out I was scum, why didnt we get another note that stating "CKD is scum" like the first note?

interesting, if you think I am scum, what are your thoughts on Simenon?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

curiouskarmadog wrote:

(smile)....Danger to who GoW? if the writer found out I was scum, why didnt we get another note that stating "CKD is scum" like the first note?

I personally believe you are reading massive amounts that shouldn't be there into a 'note poster'. There's no reason for him to actually have an information ability.
Ryan wrote:I've just backed up my reasoning the last two pages on you. You swooped in late, made sure the Aimee lynch went through and now you're saying you didn't know what the procedure was for in lynching. You've been around since 2006 (according to your join date) for you to make the game believe you didn't know what you were doing in your lynch is laughable at best. You didn't read the thread properly, you voted off a top candidate, and now you are back peddling.
He isn't, really.
Kabenon wrote:Okay, Simenon, the mere fact that a townie is a townie is enough to justify a no-lynch over what you did. You had no facts, you hadn't read the thread, you had no reason to vote Aimee logically, plus the fact that she was, as ryan pointed out, doomed already. A no-lynch, while undesirable, could and in this case did kill an innocent townie. A townie is powerful merely by being a townie, voting and voicing opinion, and a random lynch is of these townies is not better than no lynch, because then we still have at least one more townie than we had.
He is admitting he had no facts. He is admitting he hadn't read the thread. He didn't know she was doomed already, something that, really, is a bit pointless arguing against because not only is it exceptionally plausible, especially re: his insulting attitude, it also makes absolutely no difference as to whether he is scum or not, seeing as how that is a mistake made by laziness, not scumminess, if you get me. And I personally believe that you are entirely wrong in your belief that a no-lynch is better than a townie lynch in anything other than full-knowledged hindsight.
CKD wrote:what I am trying to judge is what "be wary" means...
Odd that you're putting so much emphasis on these notes, anyway. If you were town, I'd expect you to pretty much conclusively know that the person behind this is full of bs re: having info (not that he has claimed that). Instead, though, you seem to have adopted a type of behavior almost akin to fishing for the note poster to come out so you can ask him more questions regarding his role.
and what was my defense of Aimee?
This
I agree with most Aimee's post, I dont think she was being a hypocrite, and her absence has been explained...this is a crap idea..who started this?..Ryan?..
and you repeatedly going "THERE IS NOO CAASSE"
Thin_Man
Thin_Man
Goon
Thin_Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by Thin_Man »

of course, by repeatedly, I mean once.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Paradoxombie wrote:The way in which CKD is talking about the note that referanced him seems off to me.
Explain please.
curiouskarmadog wrote:well, do you feel that the note
(adam's)
could be correct?...if so, what do you think "wary" means?
What do you mean by calling it Adam's note?
ryan wrote:Between Para, Thin Man and Simenon, I believe Simenon's statement of "Not believing Aimee is scum but STILL voting" is the scummiest.
But what do you think of those three
in general
? You can't just focus on this one thing ... can you?

@SirWario - Do you have any thoughts other than your opinion as to what "Be wary" means?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 am

Thin_Man wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

I personally believe you are reading massive amounts that shouldn't be there into a 'note poster'. There's no reason for him to actually have an information ability.
CKD wrote:what I am trying to judge is what "be wary" means...
Odd that you're putting so much emphasis on these notes, anyway. If you were town, I'd expect you to pretty much conclusively know that the person behind this is full of bs re: having info (not that he has claimed that). Instead, though, you seem to have adopted a type of behavior almost akin to fishing for the note poster to come out so you can ask him more questions regarding his role.
and what was my defense of Aimee?
This
I agree with most Aimee's post, I dont think she was being a hypocrite, and her absence has been explained...this is a crap idea..who started this?..Ryan?..
and you repeatedly going "THERE IS NOO CAASSE"
well, you try getting a note and see how you react. I am trying decipher the note because I think it will lead to the alignment of Simenon..I know that I am town...I am trying to figure out what be wary means..is that trying to indicate I am town or scum...if it suggests I am town, then I can assume the first note is true...if it is trying to indicate I am scum, then I can assume first note is false.

there was no case against Aimee...no one could provide one, but everyone seemed to jump on the wagon...so again, what was the case against her?...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:35 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:well, do you feel that the note
(adam's)
could be correct?...if so, what do you think "wary" means?
What do you mean by calling it Adam's note?

[/quote]

the note about Adam the amazing = Adam's note
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”