Micro 711: VJK (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Reading through with only a very vague sense of who is alive/dead/who replaced who. Posting thoughts as I go.

P1: I’ve seen Momo’s strategy suggested by town before (offsite). Looked like the same mentality of trying to help town.

A simple plan’s response on Momo was weak. Agreed with Wisdom at this point. Didn’t like Gamma’s post where he says pinged, then avoids saying what he dislikes in favour of asking Wisdom. Looked like Gamma wanted to know which of the things Wisdom disliked before taking his own position.

P2: Gamma only votes ASP after Wisdom says why, and agrees instead of posting anything else. I don’t seem Gamma’s reason for not voting before this point. ASP didn’t post anything, and he allegedly agreed with Wisdom, so nothing should have changed for Gamma’s confidence in making a vote. Actions/motivation is off here.

Thinkbig/Penguin interaction at the start sounded natural enough. from Thinkbig sounded weird tonally coming straight after the joke posts, then mentioning the RVS is over followed by an explained vote in somewhat off.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

P3: Don’t say why Sickofit didn’t unvote in the first post before Wisdom said less shitposting.

Dislike the aggressiveness of ASP on Wisdom.

Gamma : Again don’t see why this is two posts. Dislike his hedging on ASP. Seems to be following Wisdom here despite allegedly having the same thoughts as Wisdom before Wisdom said them.

Also dislike from Gamma where he abandons his ASP read, makes a new vote when prompted… 13 minutes after claiming to prod dodge. Either he uses prod dodges weirdly or something is wrong there. Disliking the speed on the wagon is a really poor reason for the 3rd person on a 4 person wagon.

from Gamma, asking why there’s a naked vote on him, is humorous considering his votes to this point have been unspecific (all pointing to posts with at least two parts and not saying which parts until other mention them).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hopkirk if you're leading up to a vote on me do it instead of causing suspense
Scumfuck
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

Cherish these moments when we agree this hard Gamma

they will NEVER happen again
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

^that also covered p4

P5: ASP mentioning Penguin sheeping Wisdom without mentioning what Wisdom is saying/Wisdom specifically is strange.

: Gamma forgetting about the game (after 2 days), then making a read on TB within 1 minute doesn’t add up unless he read the game before making a post. That doesn’t really fit with the implusive/spammy playstyle Gamma seems to have. Also don’t see why he again doesn’t make a vote until prompted.

Side point- why do you post so spammy Gamma.

P6: Notmafia still has no content. Why has literally nobody mentioned this (or him almost).

Don’t like this from Char on a ‘decent lynch’. Really doesn’t seem soon enough.

from Beeboy is bad. Enters with two unsubstantiated lines then wants to wait before providing content.

Pedit: Why would I make a vote based on 4 pages of reading without even knowing the votecount :facepalm:
Unless you think I can read and process 21 pages in like 30 minutes...
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm spammy since I have trouble thinking of everything I want to say
Also when you're done can you put all of your points on me together
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Gamma: If I still scumread you when I finish, which might not be tonight.

P7: from Penguin on Wisdom is odd. Why was he voting TB instead of Wisdom if he accepted the claim right away and always read ASP as town. While he was arguing with Wisdom already, seems to be using the claim, as opposed to attacking the reasoning beforehand.

: Gamma opportunistic on Wisdom. Kind of weird how neither Penguin/Gamma switched here though.

Gamma trying to line up lynches here…

From Char I gut like.

Agree with Wisdom on Realeo’s criticism

P8 was above.

P9: from Realeo- has scumread on Wisdom, straw manning Wisdom by saying Wisdom has said Penguin is only scum with ASP when it’s clear this isn’t what Wisdom said. Doesn’t fit with Realeo’s attack.

from Realeo- feels overly erratic considering the urgency he was stressing earlier. Also unsure where the NM read can come from with no content.

- it strikes me at this point that Penguin didn’t provide an actual attack on what Wisdom said. Realeo’s attack on the lack of development is at least something specific.

As of the end of this page Penguin seems willing to vote a lot of people and reads/motivation is very unclear.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hopkirk, you should give it up. I've already got you. You lost the second you only called me out on lining up lynches. Both Wisdom and PP were engaging in the same behavior. That proves you are trying to find scummy things in my posts while bypassing others' scummy posts.
<Embrace The Void>

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Is unlikely I will finish reading tonight.

P10: I agree with Gamma here that Penguin’s reads seem odd.

What I was thinking about Realeo sounding weird is probably language difference based. Dislike hedge on Gamma despite alleged willingness to vote earlier.

P11: Hiraki’s ‘I’m watching you’ on Notmafia sticks out given Notmafia has no content at this point.

- Gamma’s best defence is ‘I would always do x’. Either this is a fake defence, or an admission to using trust tells. Either soft breaking game rules, or has recognised what he what do, is avoiding it, and so KNOWS that the defence is fake. 269 and 271 are then just handwaving what Wisdom says away, attacking it for being ‘wrong’ rather than what it says.

P12: ASP saying town/scum NM based literally on naked votes seems ridiculous.

@Gamma: There’s not a lot of point interacting with me until I’ve finished reading. Responding to that point, Wisdom had some reasoning. You had literally nothing else in the posts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's not a fucking trust tell: it's an analysis of what my play would have likely been as scum. I don't see any phrasing indicating a trust tell, and also,
I've never been on a scumteam with Not_Mafia in the past.
<Embrace The Void>

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Skimming a bit towards the end.

P13: The NM/Gamma votes make a lot more sense than Wisdom.

Gamma’s voting was conservative in that he only voted when he knew he had other people who agreed with him.

P14: Hiraki’s townread on Notmafia doesn’t make sense. Town doesn’t have any reason to be suicidal, and a naked vote that nobody else is making doesn’t do anything. Weird insistence that only town would do this is weird. Attack on Wisdom later for going after two people when Wisdom says he thinks that’s the scumteam also makes little sense.

P15: Hiraki attacking Bee for not saying stuff but sucking up to notmafia so much is off.

@Gamma:

‘As scum with NM I let him lolhammer and say "lolmeta", like, do you think the game would seriously be like this with this pairing’

Not sure why you’d expect anyone to read that as a hypothetical. Let refers to previous events, not hypotheticals.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's because I left out a "would", which I felt was implied.
And actually I have rolled Scum with NM
But the point still stands: I meant something other than what you interpreted as.
<Embrace The Void>

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

P16: The Wisdom wagon is basically who looks most scummy.

Like Line commenting on Notmafia. Not alignment related, more from a ‘why isn’t NM policy lynched often’ perspective.
Completely believe Wisdom’s vig claim.

P17: The 3 votes on Realeo seemed fast. Not sure where it came from, or lack of Gamma scumreads. Gamma then gives intent to hammer NM. Doesn’t feel consistent, but I might be misremembering at this point. Noting to come back to this tomorrow.

P18: Serving the town is weird reasoning for the shot given who was on the wagon, but Wisdom is still town.
Been reading for about 2 hours, so stopping at end of p18. Have not started D2 yet.

Something that reverses the meaning is never implied. You never corrected this or commented on it, so why would you assume that i'd conclude that you were posing hypotheticals.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can see how you reached that conclusion though; if you really believe what you say, bring it up with MarioManiac or the listmods.
<Embrace The Void>

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 533, Hopkirk wrote:P11: 255 Hiraki’s ‘I’m watching you’ on Notmafia sticks out given Notmafia has no content at this point.
We have personal history. A lot of your analysis fails to pick up on this - not just me, with other people too.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 535, Hopkirk wrote:P14: Hiraki’s townread on Notmafia doesn’t make sense. Town doesn’t have any reason to be suicidal, and a naked vote that nobody else is making doesn’t do anything. Weird insistence that only town would do this is weird. Attack on Wisdom later for going after two people when Wisdom says he thinks that’s the scumteam also makes little sense.

P15: Hiraki attacking Bee for not saying stuff but sucking up to notmafia so much is off.
This is an example of what I just mentioned -

N_M is a player that consistently plays games without saying anything. You clearly have no knowledge of this and therefore are applying normal scumtells and acting as if that will save the day when - whooptedoo, N_M still flipped town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually I'll bring that post up to the mod myself and see what he thinks.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And like trust tells require a long standing established pattern
A good example is Boon's self-voting tell: he would only do it as Town to the point it was labeled a trust tell by mods.
I've only had one game where I could have possibly done that. No matter whether I did, it doesn't matter since it's not a pattern yet.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 541, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually I'll bring that post up to the mod myself and see what he thinks.
Also forget this
<Embrace The Void>

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Power lynch that and no vig tonight. Pretty sure it's scum.

Also hard to believe scum gamma town reading me over that. I'd imagine he'd keep my slot open.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I don't like the beeboy wagon and ^this post is yuck.
<(") | (")>
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by lane0168 »

I bet you don't
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by lane0168 »

What don't you like about beeboy wagon again? Or what do you think is town about it?

Break down my post. What don't you like?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by lane0168 »

My post was supposed to come after the mods beeboy is getting replaced post also. I didn't read all of hops posts just sent it
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Is it the beeboy wagon you don't like pp? Or do you like hopkirks posts?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”