Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Color Blue »

just re-reading the exchange Penta has with Triangle at the top of Page 20 - onwards.

I think Penta is trying to make an effort to get on the same page with Triangle and just feels somewhat exasperated that Triangle is so difficult to communicate with.

I think that's more likely to come from Town!Penta than Scum!Penta because I don't think Triangle's read on Penta makes a lot of sense or would feel threatening to Scum!Penta.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 277, Color Purple wrote:
In post 270, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 220, Triangle Shape wrote:Pntagn alws bad hre.
trd usng me as ezkill.

we cnt vrify ne modQs clm. Ony clmd modQ aftr cll out.

ezpz.

"prgssn" mns i hv 2 stp txtspk... duck.
When you speak English and actually stop misrepping my posts, let me know.
I think that Triangle did for one post or so. I do find Triangle becoming a scumlean for strange reasoining, using symbols as a means for justifying their scumread on you and Star. Next thing will be that Green is Town and Red is Mafia, if that faulty reasoning persists. I highly doubt most of Triangle's reads are going to end up actually using proper logic like using Posts and stuff.
How does it feel to have jinxed things here?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 282, Color Purple wrote:
In post 280, Color Red wrote:Can someone go over why purple seems to be a consensus townread, I've seen a lot of "purple is town" but I haven't seen why. I have seen a lot of effort but that isn't completely AI.

As far as I can tell Triangle this game has made basically one point which is a really odd roundabout TMI accusation on penta.

Still don't really understand Penta's 180 on me, but others seem to believe the logic holds and its right so I guess it can be left be.
I am a bit confused too on why almost everybody townreads me. Apparently, I'm too clueless to be scum. I guess you're kind of right that I could be doing the exact same things that I've done as both Town and scum. I guess that Pentagon liked your posts or at least your slot's posts. To be fair, do you think that scum might fake a scumread on their partners? Like do a 'aha I found two of the scum and this other guy is also scum', sort of thing? Just some food for thought. You know, would scum do some WIFOM?
That is a very dangerous game to play in my opinion. You run the risk of people asking how you were right on two out of three, but end up constantly wrong on the last one.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 526, Color Orange wrote:
In post 277, Color Purple wrote:
trd usng me as ezkill.

ezpz.

I think that Triangle did for one post or so. I do find Triangle becoming a scumlean for strange reasoining, using symbols as a means for justifying their scumread on you and Star. Next thing will be that Green is Town and Red is Mafia, if that faulty reasoning persists. I highly doubt most of Triangle's reads are going to end up actually using proper logic like using Posts and stuff.
How does it feel to have jinxed things here?
Oh dear. To be fair, I currently townlean Triangle.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 527, Color Orange wrote:
In post 282, Color Purple wrote:
In post 280, Color Red wrote:Can someone go over why purple seems to be a consensus townread, I've seen a lot of "purple is town" but I haven't seen why. I have seen a lot of effort but that isn't completely AI.

As far as I can tell Triangle this game has made basically one point which is a really odd roundabout TMI accusation on penta.

Still don't really understand Penta's 180 on me, but others seem to believe the logic holds and its right so I guess it can be left be.
I am a bit confused too on why almost everybody townreads me. Apparently, I'm too clueless to be scum. I guess you're kind of right that I could be doing the exact same things that I've done as both Town and scum. I guess that Pentagon liked your posts or at least your slot's posts. To be fair, do you think that scum might fake a scumread on their partners? Like do a 'aha I found two of the scum and this other guy is also scum', sort of thing? Just some food for thought. You know, would scum do some WIFOM?
That is a very dangerous game to play in my opinion. You run the risk of people asking how you were right on two out of three, but end up constantly wrong on the last one.
I kind of agree on that because then everybody would be likely scumread you for getting a two out of three S/W Rate and they might end up limming you for it.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 170, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 166, Triangle Shape wrote:ur iso dosn't hav ne qustins 4 mod.

i smll scumz.
If this is to me, I didn’t ask in thread obviously. And you’re shading me for saying I asked the mod, pretty much.

Maybe it’s you then? I just really trust red’s opinions.
I meant both that I thought red’s predecessor was being genuine and that they might have possibly been right about the rb thing but on reread, it think it’s also possible he misunderstood that.

@Orange
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 507, Diamond Shape wrote:Weekends are busy and suck.

Skimmed to catch up some, taking back the feelings on Blue.

Feel good to some degree about Purple/Arrow/Circle/Blue as top people, reconsidering on Triangle some but it's 1) hard to imagine scum just tunnel vision while also handicapping themselves with a gimmick that has gained them no favors and 2) still feels like bellyaching about gimmick comes from scum somewhere. The Pentagon read is probably wrong at this point (they seem very frustrated that Triangle isn't engaging with them but isn't turning that into a push when I think they could get away with it at this point in time, they just want to actually engage and be read correctly and that is +town). Amenable to their Red read though. So @ 505, T/T (and thanks for the question I know I was a whiny baby earlier).

I'm also amenable to either color pairing... but at this point I don't think people want to pair with Triangle and Star is adamant about getting the Delay so if they want to sort that out between themselves they probably should.
What is your read on Star?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Did you ever get to me on why you thought Red was suspicious initially, Pentagon?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 286, Color Red wrote:I'd say there is rarely a case where scum doesn't bus their partners, maybe not to the point of elimination but somewhat at least.

Reading through ISOs, not impressed with orange's posts, Purple/Penta's is fine enough that I'd prefer them alive at EoD.

As for the last post of my predessor, I probably wouldn't consider it a towntell if it was on another person, especially if I was already scumreading them but that's probably just playstyle difference.
I am interested in this as you're one of very few to express suspicion of me it seems. Someone else said my play felt polished, which is surprising somewhat. I feel like that's pretty rarely how people describe my play.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 532, Color Orange wrote:Did you ever get to me on why you thought Red was suspicious initially, Pentagon?
I considered quoting the posts I initially disliked but on reread I don’t view them that way anymore, so I don’t understand how that would be useful?

I would much prefer to focus on my current reads since I consider those to be more relevant.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Just finished catching up. So far I like Arrow, Circle, Heart, and Pentagon for town shapes. I was null on Heart for a bit, but their recent posts don't feel panicked about a potential PoE closing in on them, which is +town.

Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.

For colors, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow all feel pretty townie to me.

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately.
Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
@Orange, thoughts on this, particularly the bolded?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 517, Color Orange wrote:
trd usng me as ezkill.

ezpz.

I do not like this. I'm already slightly favoring triangle's position in the clash between you two specifically (I do not place much weight in the rest of the solve), and you telling them to talk normal this way feels like a shady discredit of their position. Someone also recently mentioned people complaining about the gimmick might be scum and this feels like it might be that.
Why is that a “shady discredit”? I find reading textspeak gives me a headache. How is that scummy? Yes, Diamond but that doesn’t make it true and it definitely doesn’t make it true for me.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 302, Circle Shape wrote:still quite like the change from pent where scum would not be likely to give credit for that post
Why do you think this?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 522, Color Orange wrote:I think Pentagon is suspicious though. Depending on whether my feelings there get more definitive, I would perhaps suggest to eliminate Pentagon today, but that would also depend on if the person left out feels like they might be scum.
Okay, just lost my tr on you. First you say you don’t want Triangle to delay me/red, then you want to elim me. How does that make any sense? This progression is seriously whack.

Triangle’s read on me has at least been consistent albeit wrong but you object to Triangle delaying me to wanting me dead?

Is this making sense to anyone because it’s certainly not to me.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 534, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 532, Color Orange wrote:Did you ever get to me on why you thought Red was suspicious initially, Pentagon?
I considered quoting the posts I initially disliked but on reread I don’t view them that way anymore, so I don’t understand how that would be useful?

I would much prefer to focus on my current reads since I consider those to be more relevant.
I believe there's an article on the wiki that talks about how scum will throw out poorly thought out reads early and they can be caught on those. Your early Red suspicion feels a bit like that here.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 538, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 522, Color Orange wrote:I think Pentagon is suspicious though. Depending on whether my feelings there get more definitive, I would perhaps suggest to eliminate Pentagon today, but that would also depend on if the person left out feels like they might be scum.
Okay, just lost my tr on you. First you say you don’t want Triangle to delay me/red, then you want to elim me. How does that make any sense? This progression is seriously whack.

Triangle’s read on me has at least been consistent albeit wrong but you object to Triangle delaying me to wanting me dead?

It was Purple who didn't want you delayed. I merely asked if that was necessarily a bad thing given I only town read half of your pair currently.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 539, Color Orange wrote:
In post 534, Pentagon Shape wrote:

I believe there's an article on the wiki that talks about how scum will throw out poorly thought out reads early and they can be caught on those. Your early Red suspicion feels a bit like that here.
Well I’m not scum, therefore I obviously wasn’t doing that. If I’m scum here I don’t do this kind of 180 and I’m also not thrilled how you’re selective focused on an early read that I no longer agree with and ignoring my current reads.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 305, Color Blue wrote:I don't think explains why you like heart? it feels like it was more of a backup for you.

Why do you not want to fight for the pairing you want rather than step aside for someone else?
I like this attention to detail somewhat.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 540, Color Orange wrote:
In post 538, Pentagon Shape wrote:

It was Purple who didn't want you delayed. I merely asked if that was necessarily a bad thing given I only town read half of your pair currently.
Literally you and Triangle are the only two slots who keep mentioning this. So what is even your point then? You both want me delayed and dead?

I’m just not getting great vibes from this. I think Triangle seems sincere but I’m no longer sure about you.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Just finished catching up. So far I like Arrow, Circle, Heart, and Pentagon for town shapes. I was null on Heart for a bit, but their recent posts don't feel panicked about a potential PoE closing in on them, which is +town.

Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately. Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
I was going to get to this anyway, so Pentagon badgering me about it is rather pointless, in fact it reads a bit like trying to force the pivot on me to look more justified. Anyway, to Star, I must ask why you make such a point of my town read quantity when I was actually keenly aware of it myself? As for my progression on Purple, I feel like I just saw the effort and it looked genuine and I marked it as townie. I think Purple has also continued to show similar desire to solve. So the initial read shift was probably lazy of me but I do not feel wrong in doing it.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 535, Pentagon Shape wrote:

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately.
Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
Why did you ask red about their suspicions on you but not address this?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 545, Pentagon Shape wrote:

Disregard, I see you just answered this.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 544, Color Orange wrote:

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately. Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
I was going to get to this anyway, so Pentagon badgering me about it is rather pointless, in fact it reads a bit like trying to force the pivot on me to look more justified. Anyway, to Star, I must ask why you make such a point of my town read quantity when I was actually keenly aware of it myself? As for my progression on Purple, I feel like I just saw the effort and it looked genuine and I marked it as townie. I think Purple has also continued to show similar desire to solve. So the initial read shift was probably lazy of me but I do not feel wrong in doing it.
I really hate this post, it’s perfectly fine for you to shade me for entirely nia things and want me dead but when I ask you a perfectly valid question, I’m somehow “badgering” you and “forcing a pivot on you”? Yeah, no.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

I find it really fascinating Orange how I’m somehow “badgering” you and “pivoting” on you for pointing out the fact that you questioned red on their read of you but seem pretty disinterested in Star’s. What’s even curiouser is how much more charible you’re being to Star’s calling you “nullscum”. Why is that?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 546, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 545, Pentagon Shape wrote:

Disregard, I see you just answered this.
No, actually Orange has yet to respond to this but it’s apparently scum indicative to Orange to be asked to respond to a valid question. It’s shady if they don’t like my responses but I’m badgering and pivoting in the converse.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”