ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

I would love it if you didn't put words in my mouth. First of all, I never said that Charter should be our lynch today. EVER. In fact, I
know
that I said I wouldn't be comfortable to lynch a claimed doctor at all. I found it incredibly odd that roles that
even you
admit would be the scums first targets weren't hit last night.

If it's as you say and scum didn't kill the power roles to bring about suspicion then it definitely looks like I fell into that trap. But I'll be damned if he false claimed when, even as you admit, the town seems overpowered. I'm not going to try to outguess the mod saying 'Our cop must be hindered by something!' I am going to be suspicious of these claims.

I am not going to believe a claim until I see proof that claim is real. And unfortunately, our doctor can't prove that in a way that can put the town's doubt at ease.
strife220 wrote:Our claimed cop has expressed a bit of concern about his own sanity. About a quarter of the players in the game have jumped on the guilty result with complete tunnel-vision.
I agree that I was pretty hasty to just jump into that vote. I certainly need to differentiate the differences between MS and EM. On EM, it would have been a sound strategy to lynch a guilty result. Here, the opposite seems to be true. I was at fault with that line of thinking, more information would be nice. I have a question, but I'll save it for tomorrow's result.

Unvote
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by strife220 »

The fact that you spent about 6 posts questioning why scum didn't kill the claimed doctor implies that you think it's because he's lying. Otherwise there is no pro-town reason to discuss it. I think your actions fit the MO of scum who chose not to kill the doc for WIFOM's sake - that is, you kept on bringing up how weird it was in hopes that everyone else would go "hey.. that is weird! lynch the doc!"

In theme games on MS, there's always a little doubt about cop results. That's the point of theme games - there's always a curveball waiting around the corner. That said, cop results are reliable more often than not. It's the way the situation played out as a whole that sits very poorly with me.

You didn't explain your delayed timing on the Muerrto vote. Your first 5 or 6 posts after the guilty result were spent talking about the doc. Then you make a lengthy post about how obvious it was that Muerrto is the right choice.

Moreover, you seem to contradict yourself. Your reason for voting Muerrto is to determine cop sanity. Yet you imply that on EM, you don't question guilty results - which in turn replies that your Muerrto vote is because you assumed he was definitely scum. If you don't see the contradiction here, I'll try harder to explain.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

strife220 wrote:The fact that you spent about 6 posts questioning why scum didn't kill the claimed doctor implies that you think it's because he's lying. Otherwise there is no pro-town reason to discuss it. I think your actions fit the MO of scum who chose not to kill the doc for WIFOM's sake - that is, you kept on bringing up how weird it was in hopes that everyone else would go "hey.. that is weird! lynch the doc!"

In theme games on MS, there's always a little doubt about cop results. That's the point of theme games - there's always a curveball waiting around the corner. That said, cop results are reliable more often than not. It's the way the situation played out as a whole that sits very poorly with me.

You didn't explain your delayed timing on the Muerrto vote. Your first 5 or 6 posts after the guilty result were spent talking about the doc. Then you make a lengthy post about how obvious it was that Muerrto is the right choice.

Moreover, you seem to contradict yourself. Your reason for voting Muerrto is to determine cop sanity. Yet you imply that on EM, you don't question guilty results - which in turn replies that your Muerrto vote is because you assumed he was definitely scum. If you don't see the contradiction here, I'll try harder to explain.
On EM, it's not a big deal if you mislynch to figure out the sanity of a cop unless that person is an uncounter-claimed power role. The same can be true for finding a false claimed scum. Here, I mistakenly applied that logic and it simply doesn't work.

To be quite honest, I wasn't worried about the Muerrto issue right away. I was still looking at the power roles still alive and saying 'What's all this then?'

And as I said before, I never once said 'Let's lynch the doctor!' I said there is something odd here. I was hoping that people would just keep a watchful eye on the doctor to be safe. To be very honest, if anyone had voted for charter because I said I was suspicious of him, I would have attacked that person for voting for the doctor.

I do not want anyone to vote for charter, but I do want people to watch him a little more carefully. I would assume that the townie would watch
every
claimed power role a little more carefully.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

wow!!

so two more claims? well we pretty much've gone into all out soft-mass claim here, heh.:D

As for todays lynch, I still think the most logical way to test the sanity is to lynch muerrto (who's had really weak defenses and attacking me for NOT voting him till we were sure and the day/deadline came definitely was a bit off.)

I also don't like pre-determining the next day's lynch, either we lynch muerrto today, or we don't.

I am willing to go with another lynch if thats what the majority wants, but it seems like we're taking the long way round with not lynching someone with a guilty, and investigating someone else to test a cop's sanity.

then again I've had 5 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours and im a bit off right now. So If I am missing some really obvious thing please let me know. :)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 am

Post by sthar8 »

What the hell, Food?

Did you even read my post?
strife220 wrote:We outed our cop and doc on D1 - the two main kill targets for scum. At the earliest, cop will have these roles gone by D4, by which time I'm sure we'll either be mass-claiming, or have outed the majority of roles anyway due to lynching.
Irrelevant. If we manage to lynch scum, or our cop is sane, or one of the claimed players is really scum, or we have some other protective role, scum have to make more than two more kills. This is the same problem that CWR's vig/SK strategy had. I think we've already had a conversation about how giving scum advice is a Really Bad Thing, if you're town.
strife220 wrote:The number of power-roles seems to heavily favor town, increasing the likelihood of some mechanism to make our cop less effective. Our claimed cop has expressed a bit of concern about his own sanity. About a quarter of the players in the game have jumped on the guilty result with complete tunnel-vision, and given poor reasoning
Irrelevant, since the balancing mechanism could be in some other detail besides unreliable info. Irrelevant, because ambiguous wording in an investigation result, even on a sane cop, is nothing short of responsible and reasonable behavior from the mod. And irrelevant, since if you weren't so focused on the cop being wrong, you'd see that a guilty is the most solid evidence we are likely to get.

If we lynch Muerrto today, and he flips guilty then we've caught scum, and A) our cop is sane, paranoid, or scum. If he flips town, B) our cop is insane, paranoid, or scum and Muerrto might be a miller. On Day 3, if we get a guilty and A is true, we must lynch the guilty to gain more info. If B is true, we ignore his info for that day. If we get an innocent on Day 3 (much more likely), and A is true, then our cop is sane or scum. If B were true, then Muerrto might have been a miller, or our cop is insane or scum.

If we don't lynch Muerrto today, and we get a guilty tomorrow, then both A and B are true and we need to lynch one of the two in order to verify. If we get an innocent tomorrow, C) our cop is sane, insane, or scum and Muerrto might be a miller, and we need to lynch one of the two in order to verify.

I might be missing something, but putting off Muerrto's lynch seems like we're just delaying the inevitable, and since two mislynches could put us in LYLO on Day 4, I'd rather go with the plan that gets us the most info in the fastest time.

I don't disagree that there is a high probability that we have a Miller, especially if Muerrto is the only townie, but that could be a safe claim just as easily as a real one, and there is only one way to find out.

By my count we have three confirmed roles (Kiwi, Oman, Liam), three full claims(charter, WK, Muerrto), and three soft claims (strife, Food, BB). That leaves only three who are alive, unthreatened, and intelligent (me, Darla, and CWR). We've managed to destroy any advantage we might have gained by concealing our roles, and for no apparant gain. We might as well be rid of the minor WIFOM of "we shouldn't vote X, he's softclaimed power." So, strife, you win. It's time for a massclaim.

A few rules though:
1. We decide on a claim order through town consensus
2. Full claims, including flavor (in both senses)
3. Be careful not to quote the mod, we don't need accidental modkillings (unless you're quoting a scum pm, I'm OK with that)

I am most suspicious of CWR and BB at the moment, but I'd like to see more from Darla.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 am

Post by strife220 »

For face value, Sthar8's logic is pretty solid.

In practice, I think they way D2 has played out is much more in line with one of the scenarios where Muerrto is mis-lynched. I think there's a better chance CWR is scum than Muerrto.

I don't see how the soft-claims have destroyed town advantage anymore than it already has been by having an outed doc/cop.
Given that it's 5 days until deadline, I don't think we have enough time to come to a consensus on claim order, have everybody claim, and then analyze all the claims to use them to influence our lynch. Depending on the lynch and NK, I think full claiming early tomorrow would be the better idea.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 am

Post by melikefood »

I'd also like to wait until tomorrow to make a full claim.
Confusing the Mafia with mystery boxes is fun.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount #3

Muerrto [5] (Windkirby, melikefood, sthar8, B_B, ClorkworkRuse)

ClockworkRuse [1] (charter)
Beyond_Birthday [1] (Muerrto)

Not Voting [2] (strife220, Darla)

Muerrto is lynched as of post 504 (modkill took alive to 9, leaving lynch at 5).

Windkirby missed a 48 hour period and receives his second strike.
Last edited by Flameaxe on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Flameaxe »

And when you are lazy and put off doing VCs, you get lynches a few pages back. One second on the vount to double check.

Scene to be added...one of these days. Check for links in the first post if you want to see if I write them.

Muerrto, Cup Noodles, Bottom Ramen Mafia Goon, lynched day two.

Night two, actions in 48.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Time is up. Processing now.

No one is dead.
Day Three starts now.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

doc and cop go first
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by charter »

Nice, protected WK again. Also, I'm V/LA until sunday.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Very, very nice indeed.

Now we know that WK is sane or paranoid. I am in favor of a mass claim today as well.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by melikefood »

So, we'll just wait on the cop's results and then we'll massclaim?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Well, I want to hear everyone's opinion on a mass claim at this point in time.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by strife220 »

No death is weird.

Points for thought while we wait for WK to check in:

Muerrto claimed chicken raman, the perfect 'vanilla' claim. I'm guessing that means scum got a fake claim in their PM. It's likely that other scum got roles that were not vanilla.

Muerrto was: Bottom Ramen Mafia Goon. That sounds to me like there will be a "Middle" and "Top," probably with increasing powers. E.g. middle = roleblocker top = godfather. Perhaps they have increasingly powerful fake-claims.

any thoughts?
/speculation
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by strife220 »

ClockworkRuse wrote:Well, I want to hear everyone's opinion on a mass claim at this point in time.
Given that I think scum have good fake-claims, I'm not nearly as gung-ho for a mass claim as I was previously. This situation with our doc and cop living two days is fishy, and I think scum may have dug themselves a hole.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

I don't think that scum got a fake claim in their PM, that's really assuming a lot and out-guessing the mod in a major way.

My guess is that Muerrto was assuming that the 'vanilla' townspeople got a Chicken Flavor as everything tastes like chicken.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by windkirby »

I recieved no PM, and as such I don't feel it necessary to even say who I investigated unless everyone feels very strongly. I'm of course assuming a roleblocker, but I'm PMing Flameaxe just to make sure.

I would be fine with a massclaim at this time. With our SK dead, I assume that our power roles couldn't get capped off too quickly.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by strife220 »

ClockworkRuse wrote:I don't think that scum got a fake claim in their PM, that's really assuming a lot and out-guessing the mod in a major way.

My guess is that Muerrto was assuming that the 'vanilla' townspeople got a Chicken Flavor as everything tastes like chicken.
You really think Muerrto guessed that 'Chicken' wouldn't get counter-claimed???
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Strife, that is why I was so Gun ho for his lynch. I *am* chicken. Well, the reason that "chicken is vanilla" was actually pretty good. The main problem with his statement is his focus on chicken, not chicken ramen. Still, the claim was a decent choice for vanilla, but I obviously knew otherwise. :wink:

I will wait for Wk, but in the mean time, I still feel fairly safe with a Mass Claim, but the possible fake claims given to mafia is slightly worrisome.

Bah, I will wait for WK, and pending on results, we can discuss it from then.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by strife220 »

Wait.. you're chicken? Why didn't you counter-claim the name?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

BB - why did you not counter claim muerrto?

Charter - you protected WK, so I am assuming that is who the scum tried to kill unless we have somesort of town RB. (seems likely with all the soft claim's we've had)

WK - can you please let us know your results?

and as for the mass claim there's not many of us left who haven't, (me being one) so I don't see why we wouldn't unless someomone has something to hide.

I will be away for most of today (Sat) so post more later guys!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:14 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

WK was apparently role-blocked, please read his post.

Yes, in fact I'm rather sure that Scum haven't seen any roles but their own which is why I'm proposing we claim today.

WK should pick who claims first and we can go pop-corn from there.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Flameaxe »

By the way, I'll be out of town From the 27th to the 30th. I should have some access, but very limited at best. I'll be checking for 48 hours during that time at least once.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”