Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Incognito »

A few things I'd like to mention before we enter N1:

I found myself liking Mizzy's post 522 as it outlined pretty well the same kind of thinking that I had when ooba placed his vote on Niv. I'm bothered by the fact that Lowell had absolutely nothing negative to say about XReyoX here:
Lowell, in post 420, wrote:
Xrey
I just get straight townie tells from. No other reason. He pushes the conversation, varies his attacks, and just looks town to me.
when I personally feel like XReyoX's late Day 1 play taints him a bit. I mentioned this previously in Post 445 and would have liked to pursue it further but then he replaced. And the fact that ooba entered the game and didn't even bother to comment on anything else related to the game besides citing his predecessor's argument against Sammich/Niv makes me think even more negatively about his play as well.

Another thing I disliked was Lowell's comment here where he tries to cast some suspicion towards the people not voting:
Lowell wrote:Though in other news, I'm about to grow verrry suspicious of those still not voting. The fact that there are so many makes me think we may have it narrowed down to a scum and a non-scum and some teammates are waiting to see what happens.
If he had actually read the thread, he would have realized that of the people not voting at that time, two were still fairly new to the game and one was on the verge of being replaced while I was waiting for the input from the newcomers. Also, I believe Y mentioned this previously but Lowell
has
been actively lurking and has seemed to be able to get away with under the cloud of suspicions that circled around both Near and Sammich throughout Day 1. It now seems rather convenient that he won't be available any time soon with the approaching deadline. I think a pretty good amount of information came out of Day 1 with respect to people's relationships with one another and in my opinion, a D2 hunt of both ooba and Lowell is important to town winning this game.

I've also reread the arguments against Sammich/Niv, and I feel like my thoughts are back to where they were near the beginning of the game where I felt like the Sammich dice roll incident was blown up into epic proportions. Lying about a dice roll isn't scummy and the argument really shouldn't have progressed as far as it should have since it was pushed along for fairly dubious reasons. I also dislike how Lowell tried to factor Sammich's flaking into the general equation of his scumminess. The fact that he hasn't made any posts on MS since he last posted here correlates more with real life issues taking predominance to the issues related to this game. In short, I'm more distrustful of the Niv wagon because of ooba's vote and Lowell's added involvement with it and wouldn't be surprised if they are connected to Near.

I've outlined my Near suspicions previously and while I was interested in seeing him pursue his case against Sammich to see if there was something more to it, that wasn't allowed to happen, and I can only form my thoughts around what I've been given already. It's pretty interesting to see a game so equally divided between two suspects. I still think Near is scum for reasons I've previously cited before I unvoted and with the deadline approaching I feel comfortable placing him at L-1.

Vote: Near
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Near »

That puts me at L-1. Since I'm pretty sure Mizzy isn't goign to vote for Sammich/Niv, I am going to claim my role. I am a
gunsmith
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Near »

I checked out XReyoX on night 0. Her gun was unloaded.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Mizzy »

Can we get an unvote please?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Near wrote:I checked out XReyoX on night 0. Her gun was unloaded.
Urgh.
Unvote.

Any counterclaims? I thought a gunsmith only determines whether or not a person has a gun but above you seem to be mentioning that Reyo had a gun but it was unloaded? Also why didn't you bother to claim back when you were previously at L-1?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Near »

Incognito wrote:
Urgh.
Unvote.

Any counterclaims? I thought a gunsmith only determines whether or not a person has a gun but above you seem to be mentioning that Reyo had a gun but it was unloaded? Also why didn't you bother to claim back when you were previously at L-1?
If my search goes unhindered, I will get the result "Loaded" or "Unloaded"

I was also thinking about claiming before, I think I was at L-1. At the time, it was during my investigation of Sammich's dice roll incident. Instead of claiming, I had asked people who had votes on me to unvote me at least until Sammich comes back answer my question.

SItuation is different now. We have a deadline, and the only person who does not have a vote casted is Mizzy. And looking at her past posts, I was pretty sure she wasn't going to vote for Sammich/Niv.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Near »

Incognito wrote:

Any counterclaims?
I thought a gunsmith only determines whether or not a person has a gun but above you seem to be mentioning that Reyo had a gun but it was unloaded?
Also why didn't you bother to claim back when you were previously at L-1?

I actually asked the same question to destructor. She said that "Loaded" and "Unloaded" is for flavour and Loaded basically means the person I checked out has a gun, and "Unloaded" means no gun.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Incognito »

Near wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Any counterclaims?
I thought a gunsmith only determines whether or not a person has a gun but above you seem to be mentioning that Reyo had a gun but it was unloaded?

I actually asked the same question to destructor. She said that "Loaded" and "Unloaded" is for flavour and Loaded basically means the person I checked out has a gun, and "Unloaded" means no gun.
Okay. That's slightly different from what you just said here:
Near wrote:I checked out XReyoX on night 0.
Her gun was unloaded.
but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now until everyone checks in. The fact that we had a vigilante who died during N0 does seem to lend some support to your claim though.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Mizzy »

Maybe I didn't make myself perfectly clear before, so here it is again:

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF A NIV OR NEAR LYNCH AT THIS TIME.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Incognito »

Mizzy wrote:Maybe I didn't make myself perfectly clear before, so here it is again:

I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF A NIV OR NEAR LYNCH AT THIS TIME.
Yep. It was pretty clear the first time too:
Mizzy wrote:
Incognito wrote:Mizzy, I know you're pregnant and due soon, but do you think you'll have a game summary for us sometime soon? Deadline's on the 11th, and I'd like to wrap up my final thoughts after receiving some input from you.
Well, honestly, it seems like it's coming down to whether we lynch Niv or Near. It doesn't matter much, or doesn't seem to, if I think someone else should be lynched, because the vote would pretty much be wasted.

I'm on leave now, but getting my major doctor appointments out of the way, so in a day or so, I'll be able to really hash out how I feel and why, but for now, suffice it to say that I am not fully comfortable with either a Near or Niv lynch. Which is why I haven't voted yet.
but I guess bold and caps does add some emphasis. ;p
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Ripley »

No counterclaim here.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Near »

Incognito wrote:
Near wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Any counterclaims?

Okay. That's slightly different from what you just said here:
Near wrote:I checked out XReyoX on night 0.
Her gun was unloaded.
but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now until everyone checks in. The fact that we had a vigilante who died during N0 does seem to lend some support to your claim though.
I actually get results "unloaded" and "loaded". It's just that "unloaded" means no gun. Maybe I should have said that as a gunsmith, I get to check out if someone has a gun instead.

Also, if you look back at my posts, I expressed my pro-town sentiments toward XReyOX, and my reasons were almost "Just because." This was so that if I happen to die (NK or get lynched before I get to claim), you guys can find hints on who I checked out on Night 0.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Mizzy »

I just wanted to be clear as crystal that unless someone unvoted and re-voted, Near wasn't in danger.

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Y »

ooba wrote:If you do not buy the case , I (XreyoX) can be said to have done the same thing in Post 440. Why vote Near over me?
Near seems to be sticking harder to a non-existing case. I did, however, express a suspicion of XReyoX, and I still think you might be scum. Not only for the above statement, but for trying to guide power-roles too.
I think Near is scum, but I'm not giving you a clear yet.
Near wrote:The fact that Y is trying hard to get on any bandwagon that would help Sammich's case reinforces our theory that Sammich is indeed a scum.
What? IIRC, you are, and were, the only player I voted this game. I do have good reasons for my vote. How many people did you vote?
What are you basing that assumption on? Have I been proven scum? I'm town, and you have no real way of knowing my alignment. This accusation has no real content and it just another one in a row of half truths and misrepresentation.
Near wrote:I am a
gunsmith
I don't care if some one counter-claims or not. I don't believe you. I think you chose a role that's not very popular, knowing it's not probable that any one would get it and could counter. The way you slipped shows how you tried to lie. This is a fact - You made a mistake - As opposed to you, I don't have to invent things to make you look like scum.
If it was up to me, you'd be lynched already.

I'll
Confirm Vote Near
. Again. I believe he's scum and I see no better target for today's lynch. He just screams SCUM.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Mizzy »

Maybe I am blind, but what mistake?

Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Ripley »

Are you saying you think Near would
guess
what results a gunsmith usually gets - and guessed wrong? Or saw the role name somewhere and made a false assumption? I think if you're going to take the trouble to fabricate a roleclaim - and if that's what he's done he's had weeks to think about it - that you'd have a good look at that role before going for it. You'd research it properly. Whatever Near may have been accused of, I don't think anyone could say his efforts have lacked thoroughness.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Y »

Near wrote:I actually get results "unloaded" and "loaded". It's just that "unloaded" means no gun. Maybe I should have said that as a gunsmith, I get to check out if someone has a gun instead.
This mistake (The one it refers to). Claiming to have a result, and when some one points out it should be different, Near suddenly changes his version. I believe he read it on the wiki or something and didn't really understood what it means.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

Near:
Is English your first language?

Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Near »

Y wrote:
Near wrote:I actually get results "unloaded" and "loaded". It's just that "unloaded" means no gun. Maybe I should have said that as a gunsmith, I get to check out if someone has a gun instead.
This mistake (The one it refers to). Claiming to have a result, and when some one points out it should be different, Near suddenly changes his version. I believe he read it on the wiki or something and didn't really understood what it means.
How did I change my "version"? Answer me this.

The fact is, I pm her who I want to check out at night and she responds by "Loaded" or "Unloaded". Prior to this game, I didn't even know what "gunsmith" was. I just cheked my PM history. And I will now change one thing I said earlier.
I had said that I asked destructor whether loaded means whether or not the person I checked out has the gun. However, after reading my PM history, I did not ask her that.
What happened was, I pmed destructor saying "I want to check out if XReyoX's gun is loaded". Destructor responded me saying that I am not actually checking whether or not gun is loaded, but whether or the the person has the gun. She clarified it by saying that "Loaded" and "Unloaded" are just flavourful words.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Near »

Mizzy wrote:
Near:
Is English your first language?
No.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by gorckat »

Gunsmith looks like a pretty safe claim for scum, especially with the vig dead. I'd assume that no one else would have a gun in those circumstances.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

I like the claim. It actually fits with a fair bit of Near's dialogue recently, and his insistence on factuality and not speculation, yada-yada. I'd picked up some cop tells in his writing, and him actually claiming a slightly nerfed cop makes a lot of sense. Similarly, this is an easy claim to confirm down the road. If we have a real cop claim or die, we can pretty much off Near right away, and similarly, we can test his results as we go along. So everyone voting Near, unvote now. This really isn't debatable. It's not in our best interest to lynch him right away, if at all.

We still need Niv to come back on and claim and we can deal with that. Til then, I dunno.

Really don't like Y's response to this whole mess. As in really, really don't like. As in, if we can't lynch Niv, I'd be completely happy lynching him.
<><
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Lowell »

Y wrote:
No, this doesn't make sense. If he was going to use the wiki to pick a role, he'd have done it right the first time. Based on what we've seen, mod is eager to put some flavor into things.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I think that the "mistake" is a null-tell at best because as you can tell from Near's posting, his first language isn't English and that could account for the small discrepancy. I believe the claim. In fact, we have no reason to NOT believe the claim other than wanting someone dead.

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by ooba »

I belive the claim. I belived near was pro town on my read too .
jeru wrote:Really don't like Y's response to this whole mess. As in really, really don't like. As in, if we can't lynch Niv, I'd be completely happy lynching him.
QFT

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”