Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Pseudo-Vote Count

Katsuki - 5(ribwich, SpyreX, SensFan, inHimshallibe, Lowell)
Scotmany - 2(SpyreX, Jack)
Powerrox93 - 2(Jack, Parama)
Rabies - 1(Parama)
chamber - 1(Parama)
Nathanael - 1(Parama)
xRECKONERx - 1(Parama)
ribwich - 1(SensFan)
horrordude - 1(inHimshallibe)

Katsuki will be executed Tuesday 19:56 GMT. Day 1 deadline is Saturday 1600 GMT.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:13 am

Post by dramonic »

ribwich wrote:The comments like these are just annoying. There's nothing wrong with what Nathanael is doing. Why would you want the day to end early before replacements get a chance to contribute to the game?
Because the day has lasted more than long enough and you guys are being tedious. I very much wish I was a dayvig.

I am comfortable with the Kats lynch. Nat better not reset the execution again, otherwise there will be frustration to be dealt with.

Feysal is NOT awesome =-=
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Nathanael »

JACK, YOU BETTER DON'T MISS THIS. I WILL NOT ACCEPT A "I DIDN'T SEE THAT" LATER.
Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Nathanael »

damn. link-fail. mod, could you please fix?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 am

Post by SensFan »

Absolutely not. A Consulmaker should claim if an execution is declared on him or her; absolutely not before. It is a massive liability to the Town if the Scum know who the Consulmaker is.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:02 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Sens, if you were to fire the trigger on anyone else and it was assured to go through, who would it be?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Actually, I'd like any and all to chime in on my question. I'll give mine in just a bit.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dramonic.
green shirt thursdays
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Jack »

So we're canceling the whole consul choice plan and doing it randomly? Weird.
Actually, I'd like any and all to chime in on my question.
We could lynch powerrox instead.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am

Post by SensFan »

Jack wrote:So we're canceling the whole consul choice plan and doing it randomly? Weird.
Are you an idiot? There's no random involved, you're picking from the list of people that was put up over the weekend.

inHim: Probably rib.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 am

Post by ribwich »

SensFan wrote:If Nathanael vetos this execution again, I'm probably going to refuse to let Kat get lynched today.
Why?
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

ribwich wrote:
SensFan wrote:If Nathanael vetos this execution again, I'm probably going to refuse to let Kat get lynched today.
Why?
To me, it makes Nathanael look scummier each time he does it. Like there's no real conviction in his execution. If Nathanael is scummier, then obviously it makes Kat more town.
Show

:

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Feysal »

ribwich #546 wrote:I disagree with this. Although I can't comment on if this is common for Katsuki, there's more to the lynch than just the lurking. There's been the couple of times to suggest that Kat actually has been paying attention to this thread. (I still don't think the first instance was really that strong of a case since there are ways to explain it, but when another one pops up it makes me rethink it.) Kat also tried calling Spy scum just for being called out on this behavior, which is probably the closest to omgus voting you can get in this game.
Granted, these could be interpreted as slips, but I've seen Katsuki do worse and still be town. I'd like to think that if we had less lurking from so many players and more talking, we could find something stronger to go on. There is a kind of opportunism at work here. Since most of the players are lurking, the scum can blend in with the town lurkers. With everyone tired of the long day and the inactivity, all the scum has to do is wait for someone to slip up, most likely town, and let that someone be mislynched. Katsuki would be perfect for this.
ribwich #546 wrote:Is there someone you think has a better case against them that isn't immune today and isn't claiming consulmaker?
This was difficult to answer. Off the top of my head I'd have said Powerrox93, since there is an actual scummy quality to his few posts. Mostly one-liners, very short comments and questions to others, but barely any thoughts of his own. However he appears to be new, and he is not all that much worse from many others. Mert has posted no actual content for nearly two weeks, despite promising it in his last post. horrordude0215 is the absolute worst player in game, for posting exactly twice. One of them was a limited access announcement, the other an announcement of being back and a promise of content by five days ago.

So, I tried to find someone with a better case on them, but failed. However, that does not change my opinion that the Katsuki case is weak, it just means that the state of the game is rather sad. If we had an active and competent replacement for Katsuki, that slot could probably be redeemed. But since I can't see anyone willing to jump in with Katsuki on death row (I sure wasn't), I don't see that happening. I suppose Katsuki has to go, we might even get lucky. I would really like some more activity tomorrow though.

I also did an ISO read of SensFan, trying to see if he would appear as scummy as during my first read of the thread. Some quotes and my thoughts below.
SensFan #186 wrote:That assumes my primary goal is to have a town tribunal, or even a scum execution for today. Neither of those assumptions would be correct.
SensFan #192 wrote:Information to give future executions a higher chance of success.
SensFan #227 wrote:As long as I am in this game, I'll track pseudovotes if the Mod doesn't. I'll be giving more weight to an empty post with a pseudovote than to a post with half a dozen perfect arguments with no pseudovote.
I really don't agree with these. The town should always aim to lynch scum, and in this game we would want to keep the power in town hands, if possible. I thought the plan of having a confirmed scum Consul tomorrow was horrible. We could not have trusted anything said Consul said or did not to lead us astray, all we would have gained would be lies and disinformation. I would never want to have that kind of WIFOM bomb dropped on me. I don't think that having one or two scum as Consuls some time would be that bad, since their actions could be analyzed once they were found out later.

Also, I would take the arguments over the pseudovotes any time. Telling the truth only takes a moment, but making up a credible lie is hard. We want to force the scum into lying to us, and we want to catch them lying. Just demanding for pseudovotes and definite stances would be letting the scum off easy, much too easy.

However, I do not find SensFan suspicious because of our differences in how to play the game. I've had some strange ideas myself as town, and been suspected for them. My problem is that SensFan has contradicted his own statements by his actions. chesskid3 was annoying, but trying to execute him did not serve information gathering in any way. No pseudovotes had been cast at that time, and few people had commented on chesskid3 yet, or anyone else. Executing Katsuki now is not much better.

I also wondered about SensFan posting his first execution attempt on the weekend after Thanksgiving. He later even said, in post #378, that he would likely not submit an execution while players capable of vetoing were away. There were no V/LA announcements beforehand, but he should have expected that the weekend after Thanksgiving was one of the most likely times for people to be away. I noticed his location says he is in Canada, so perhaps he was not aware of the holiday, but I still did not like this.
dramonic #551 wrote:I am comfortable with the Kats lynch. Nat better not reset the execution again, otherwise there will be frustration to be dealt with.

Feysal is NOT awesome =-=
There is already frustration to be dealt with, clearly evident from many reactions to the deadline extension. Lynching someone when frustrated is rarely a good idea.

If you have some problem with me, I'd like to know. At least I am talking, which this game needs more of. I was not responsible for the deadline extension, but I welcome it, and I'm trying to make the most of it.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Jack »

Feysal I wouldn't really trust meta reads like that. When I know someone always gets wagoned I tend to ignore the actual scum things they do. Kats replacement request post is very scummy.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

Post by dramonic »

I just dont like your posting style Feysal <<
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Jack »

The "oh this guy is probably town" --> *skim*

style? What don't you like?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I've literally not read a single word he has written. oops?
Show

:

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

dramonic wrote:I just dont like your posting style Feysal <<
You're still alive?
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by dramonic »

You better get used to it Reck
I'm a hoot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh damn.
He mad.
He use my username instead of a pet name or my RL name.

Scumdram is unhappy.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Parama »

It could be because of [REDACTED - ONGOING GAME]
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

Not really Parama.
Reck is just convinced he can get me lynched if he wants and it's silly because he's quite obvscum.
I'm a hoot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Of course, I wasn't obvscum until I called dram out for being scum.
You're cute when you're cornered.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

PS, this Day 1 has gone on for an eternity and it's time for the game to progress, kthx.
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by dramonic »

xRECKONERx wrote:Of course, I wasn't obvscum until I called dram out for being scum.
You weren't obvious until

a) You made a violent flipflop
b) you failed bigtime to read me
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”