Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 393, CommKnight wrote:
CommKnight
(6): Siblings Pet Doggo, Balki B, EchoVision, MarioManiac4, GameNBurger, Flubbernugget (+ Almost50 & Sesq)

So any takers on which of these 8 we should lynch?
SPD I don't see as scum

Echovision is a real soft scum given he hasnt done anything helpful other than complain about me not helping by writing too much and then groaning

MarioManiac i get real null readings off of him Idk tho I havent really taken a magnifying glass to him

Balki Unlesss he's really pulling some 5th level scum play at looking town he's very town to me at this moment

GameNBurger IDK we should really take a deep look into him, probably scum

Flubbernugget I have still not enough information but I dont like people who say as little as possible

Almost50 Hm they havent entered the game until lately and it doesnt smell like scum to me

Sesq is eh I need to go back and look at him

So i'll need some time to really look at sesq and Mario as far as possible scum on your wagon

As far as scum off of your wagon I think Kawso is a good place to start still, maybe delta
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Balki B »

I've spent a bit of time considering the setup. I'm still not sure it makes sense to keep CommKnight alive. I'd like to discuss it.

I think we can be pretty certain that CommKnight is Scum or Cop. If he is Scum, he was about to be lynched, so why not claim Cop? Nothing to lose; only upside. If he is Cop, his explanation about changing his play and intentionally drawing some heat as Cop makes sense too. I'm not sure where I put the probabilities on each of these, but I think that Scum CommKnight would fake claim there. Seems like a strategy with little downside. So CommKnight is 1/7 roles, 6 of which are Scum, 1 of which is Town.

We don't lynch him if keeping him alive gives us information that will determine his alignment anyway. And this might be the case. By keeping him alive, he's going to have to give us scan results every day. If one of his scan results ever turns out wrong, we lynch him at that point cause he's obviously scum.

But how likely is it to ever happen that one of his lynch results flips wrong? If CommKnight is a Wolf, he can provide results on his partners. That's safe. There are only two players in the game who he could possibly provide an incorrect scan on. Pretty good odds of him never implicating himself. If he is Mafia (likely cause he wanted to out Cop), his scan results will never be wrong.

Another way that keeping him around gives us information is that, if he is scum, he might be killed by the other faction. But if he is a Wolf, he will be protected by Wolf Doc and can say, "Welp, I guess Wolf Doc must have wanted to keep me alive." If he is Mafia (most likely cause he wants to out Cop), nobody is actually going to want to kill him, and he can say "Welp, I guess Mafia thought Wolf Doc probably wanted to keep me alive."

I don't think that Scum CommKnight is going to be killed any time soon.

There is really one reason I can think of that would lead us to believe we should not lynch CommKnight. That reason would be that the real Cop, right now, has a clear dominant strategy of CCing CommKnight's claim and has not done so. Let's consider that. If Real Cop CCs, he has a decent chance of surviving as long as Wolf Doc and Town Doc survive. But that is not guaranteed. It's true that Wolves like Cop because Cop helps find Mafia. But also Cop gives Town a Town Clear, which is very anti-Wolf. So I don't think it's necessarily true that Wolves want to keep Cop alive. Doc would probably stay on Cop as long as Doc is alive. But with 3 NKs, there is about to be a lot of bloodshed. Cop might want to stay hidden for a bit longer, even with the CommKnight claim.

I don't know...

I'd like to hear a discussion about this. I'd like to hear something more than "Ugh, read the setup, it's obvious we don't lynch CommKnight."
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

If CommKnight was scum, the cop would have counterclaimed. As such we can assume CommKnight is scum. There's no real need to make this more complicated than it needs to be.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 547, CommKnight wrote:Then look at my wagon before I outed. Make a case. It's not all town, that's for damn sure.
I hate this comment from CommKnight.

@CommKnight, you yourself said that you were perfectly trying to draw fire before you outed, right? So you think it is alignment indicative for folks to be on your wagon before you claimed? That does not make sense. Please explain.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Sesq »

i feel like im stuck right now

and kinda want to lynch comm

but im not sure
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:05 am

Post by CommKnight »

@Balki, your entire wall there... what the fuck is that? HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SET-UP? There is no town doc. Only Cop, Seer and Vig.

As to your last post there. Really? It's a mislynch, of course they'll be on it. They can't afford to avoid a scummy person and it flip scum without them on it, it only deters night kills. Not them being on the wagon to mislynch it.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Tenshii »

Comm is uncc'd. Please shut up and talk about something else.

If Comm isn't cop then real cop should CC now. I'm not going to deal with analyzing your late game claim because you failed at doing a shitty roleswap.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 553, Balki B wrote:
In post 547, CommKnight wrote:Then look at my wagon before I outed. Make a case. It's not all town, that's for damn sure.
I hate this comment from CommKnight.

@CommKnight, you yourself said that you were perfectly trying to draw fire before you outed, right? So you think it is alignment indicative for folks to be on your wagon before you claimed? That does not make sense. Please explain.
What

This is like standard procedure

Its rare that town wronglynches without some pushing from scum

It happens but It doesnt mean that wagons are the best place to start looking

Comm is town
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 556, CommKnight wrote:@Balki, your entire wall there... what the fuck is that? HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SET-UP? There is no town doc. Only Cop, Seer and Vig.

As to your last post there. Really? It's a mislynch, of course they'll be on it. They can't afford to avoid a scummy person and it flip scum without them on it, it only deters night kills. Not them being on the wagon to mislynch it.
So be a dick to me and maybe I'll shut up.

Lack of a Town Doc just makes the case for lynching you more compelling. Wolf Doc is not necessarily going to protect Town Cop, which means a CC here for real Cop is very risky.

As to your second paragraph, I have no idea what you're talking about? To what "last point" are you responding?

What I'm saying is that it's not clear whether Real Cop should CC or not.
If you think it's super obvious that Real Cop should CC, please 'splain so all us five year olds can understand.
You just might have a five year old on your team.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.20
LynchingWith 17 votes in play, it takes 9 to lynch.

DeltaW
(4): MarioManiac4, Siblings Pet Doggo, Sesq, Tenshii
Kawso
(3): Hawk, havingfitz, beeboy
GameNBurger
(3): CommKnight, Almost50, Gamma Emerald
CommKnight
(2): EchoVision, Flubbernugget
Almost50
(1): Bellaphant
MarioManiac4
(1): DeltaW

Nobody
(3): Kawso, Balki B, GameNBurger

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-13 01:40:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 558, GameNBurger wrote:What

Comm is town
This post does not make sense. What are you trying to say?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:27 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 560, podoboq wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.20
LynchingWith 17 votes in play, it takes 9 to lynch.

DeltaW
(4): MarioManiac4, Siblings Pet Doggo, Sesq, Tenshii
Kawso
(3): Hawk, havingfitz, beeboy
GameNBurger
(3): CommKnight, Almost50, Gamma Emerald
CommKnight
(2): EchoVision, Flubbernugget
Almost50
(1): Bellaphant
MarioManiac4
(1): DeltaW

Nobody
(3): Kawso, Balki B, GameNBurger

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-13 01:40:00)
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if that Kawso wagon is all-scum here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why MM4?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 561, Balki B wrote:
In post 558, GameNBurger wrote:What

Comm is town
This post does not make sense. What are you trying to say?
That is what he and everyone else but you are saying. If you're not gonna CC me, then shut up about "Comm being scum" already.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Balki B »

People are testy about this subject. You've got a brilliant "rising star" town treasure here. If everything is so obvious, feed me with the obvious knowledge.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why MM4?
Because Kawso is town and hawk/fitz/beeboy haven't rly done Productive Things at all.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 557, Tenshii wrote:Comm is uncc'd. Please shut up and talk about something else.

If Comm isn't cop then real cop should CC now. I'm not going to deal with analyzing your late game claim because you failed at doing a shitty roleswap.
And the cop would have every incentive to do so given that the wolves will doctor you forever if you come out

In fact now that I think about it thats a bit broken balancing wise if both cop and seer just claim at the beginning and both mobs will simply protect the opposiing IDing role

I mean essentially Comm is gonna make it to end game now as long as the mob doesnt mannage to pop the wolf doctor
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 556, CommKnight wrote:@Balki, your entire wall there... what the fuck is that? HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE SET-UP? There is no town doc. Only Cop, Seer and Vig.

Okay, so your argument is that you were so scummy that "of course scum will be on it"? How about my counter: "You were so scummy that of course town would be on it"?

Best you can do here is to say that being on your wagon is NAI. If it's NAI --
why are we looking on your wagon for scum
?

Please don't curse at me and tell me to shut up. If you're town, put in the effort to make yourself understood, even to people who are beneath you.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 567, GameNBurger wrote:And the cop would have every incentive to do so given that the wolves will doctor you forever if you come out

In fact now that I think about it thats a bit broken balancing wise if both cop and seer just claim at the beginning and both mobs will simply protect the opposiing IDing role

I mean essentially Comm is gonna make it to end game now as long as the mob doesnt mannage to pop the wolf doctor
I think this is wrong. Wolves won't necessarily protect Cop. Cop is possibly good for them cause he finds Mafia, but bad for them in that he gives town a clear. Same things for Seer and Mafia. Why do Wolves protect Cop rather than protecting their own? Protecting their own is much more important.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Why are we having this debate anyways
zzzzzzz
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:36 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 559, Balki B wrote:

So be a dick to me and maybe I'll shut up.

Lack of a Town Doc just makes the case for lynching you more compelling. Wolf Doc is not necessarily going to protect Town Cop, which means a CC here for real Cop is very risky.

As to your second paragraph, I have no idea what you're talking about? To what "last point" are you responding?

What I'm saying is that it's not clear whether Real Cop should CC or not.
If you think it's super obvious that Real Cop should CC, please 'splain so all us five year olds can understand.
You just might have a five year old on your team.
Why wouldnt they

Its literally the best move for them, they dont even have to try to aim for the mob at night, as the town will lynch them for them

This is really a stretch to move comm

I'm forced to choose between you being brash incomptent scum or incomptent scum, just calm down balki and re read everything. If you want, I can write up another summary but I think the other posts should do
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 569, Balki B wrote:
In post 567, GameNBurger wrote:And the cop would have every incentive to do so given that the wolves will doctor you forever if you come out

I think this is wrong. Wolves won't necessarily protect Cop. Cop is possibly good for them cause he finds Mafia, but bad for them in that he gives town a clear. Same things for Seer and Mafia. Why do Wolves protect Cop rather than protecting their own? Protecting their own is much more important.
Okay i figured out the broken chain in your thinking, I see why you're confused now

Cop just sees whether a person is mafian or not, seer just sees (heh) whether someone is wolf or not

Without clears from both no town is ever cleared by a cop read alone

So yeah it literally beneficial to keep him alive with no downsides.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:39 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 570, MarioManiac4 wrote:Why are we having this debate anyways
zzzzzzz
You're joking but theres a good question under here

Personally I like to have everyone's heads above the water, as i imagine he's just misunderstanding something about the setup (like i was earlier)

It feels like he loose cannons on just everything tho tbh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 569, Balki B wrote:

Not quite
Godfather
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”