fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

pops wrote:Now that everyone's posted, it's claimtime. I'm town commander, and I saw way too much CP in the pool last night.
Well, thats obv then. Elscouta is the lynch, and we proceed according to the flip.

I suggest Almaster NOT being the burner today. Elscouta's flip is probably going to give us an indication of his allignment. I suggest Fate burn.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I can't wait to see what kind of CP manipulation Elscouta start babbling about when he finds out he's near-conf-scum
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Even if he IS town, Elscouta should see that his lynch is the best way forward to gain information.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

RTT, the possibility isn't even really worth playing with.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Elscouta »

Yeah, yeah, just lynch me and let me care about a game where both sides have actually a chance of winning.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Redcoyote, this might be the worst game I've ever played.

Who reviewed the setup?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

It looks like Spyrex did. I've never seen him mod.
"Well, I..."
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 am

Post by McGriddle »

Elscouta wrote:Yeah, yeah, just lynch me and let me care about a game where both sides have actually a chance of winning.
Vote: Elscouta

I am a Private and last night I visited fhq... obv came up not commander lol

This doesn't count as a vote.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

*face in palm* McGriddle, why ya gonna claim like that? With two commanders out, if you investigate someone you got a good shot at figuring out they must be SK if they are a commander. Now you're just gonna get roleblocked.
"Well, I..."
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:05 am

Post by McGriddle »

I took your "It's claim time" as everyone claims.

Besides, we killed off scum commander so I can't investigate anyone else. There is only (I thought) 1 commander. Privates can only visit a player and find out if he/she is commander. I wouldn't know if a player is town or scum aligned commander if I DID find out. Besides, he basically confirmed he was scum with his last post and that should mean end-game
Wins/Losses - 99/15

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's suggested that there's probably only one commander per faction, but never seems explicit.

It's claim time meant, my claim time. Kind of like when M. C. Hammer says "Hammer Time", it's just for him.

You should have thought a bit harder, there might be an SK, and he's probably a commander. It'd make finding the SK too pitifully easy, but this setup is broken in several places.
"Well, I..."
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:23 am

Post by bv310 »

popsofctown wrote:Because if you aren't blind and are town aligned it's proper to follow.
Proper my ass. You're complaining that this setup is broken, but it's because YOU broke it.

For the record, I agree with fhq on Fate being the burn target.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't, particularly, considering elscouta has claimed scum I want to see what Almaster's alignment is.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

Phaen wrote: Most games (after I have a grasp on them) I will play to win using any tactics within the rules.

Having fun is a secondary goal, but also very important. Without fun there's no incentive to commit to playing the game in the first place. If I find myself in the middle of a game where I've got to choose between having fun or winning, I will choose to win. After the game is over I will analyze what flaw in the game made me have to choose. Then, I will avoid games that include that flaw.
"Well, I..."
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Fate »

Hey. Lay off RC
Proper my ass. You're complaining that this setup is broken, but it's because YOU broke it.
I agree with Bv on this one. Though in pops defense, it is the players job to find the most optimum way to win and "break" the setup.
It looks like Spyrex did. I've never seen him mod.
He modded both Pick your Powers, a little slow on the votecounts but otherwise a competent mod.
Redcoyote, this might be the worst game I've ever played.

Who reviewed the setup?
Like I said, don't blame RC. Could he have forseen:
1. Scum Godfather commander scumclaiming D1.
2. Scum Goon/Whatever burning D1.

Don't modhate, playahate. If the scum had killed Pops the obvcommander (I sure as hell would've, but meh maybe he was protected), they wouldn't even have to face this strategy.

This is equivalent to scum ***ing D1 and getting lynched, then a Cop getting a guilty on scum N1. The setup just provided an interesting format for us to play in. Don't tell me you didn't have fun trying to figure out how to use CP's to town's advantage.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Fate »

popsofctown wrote:I don't, particularly, considering elscouta has claimed scum I want to see what Almaster's alignment is.
Why does Elscouta's flip tell us about Almaster again?
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

Post by bv310 »

popsofctown wrote:
Phaen wrote: Most games (after I have a grasp on them) I will play to win using any tactics within the rules.

Having fun is a secondary goal, but also very important. Without fun there's no incentive to commit to playing the game in the first place. If I find myself in the middle of a game where I've got to choose between having fun or winning, I will choose to win. After the game is over I will analyze what flaw in the game made me have to choose. Then, I will avoid games that include that flaw.
I completely disagree, but I guess that's just the difference between us. I play these games for fun first, and for winning second.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 am

Post by bv310 »

Also, most mods I know would have abandoned the game as soon as it was broken this widely. I'm rather impressed at RC's patience.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Fate »

bv310 wrote:Also, most mods I know would have abandoned the game as soon as it was broken this widely. I'm rather impressed at RC's patience.
Maybe it hasn't been broken yet. OH HOHO HO :twisted:
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 am

Post by bv310 »

That would actually be nice, even if it screwed us all over.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

RC hasn't abandoned the game because he's a good mod. I think he's not a setup wizard but he sure as heck is a decent guy. It's not right for a mod to abandon a game until the players don't want to play in it, and as far as we know the third scum hasn't given up on the game.

I'm not bashing RC, I'm just saying this is the worst game I've ever played. It's only 20% the setup, really, 80% the inept godfather who claimed scum and claimed scumpartners. Setups aren't broken beyond repair because you throw an extra cop on one side, and I definitely agree with Fate that crappy players had an equal part in ruining this game.

Fate, I did have some fun breaking the setup, but I don't think scum got to enjoy that process at all. The game ought to be fun for everyone.

Oh, and Fate, Elscouta's flip suggests that Almaster is scum because it means FiFi was actually claiming scumpartners. If Almaster is scum, I'd rather not see Fifi on this site ever again.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

bv310 wrote:That would actually be nice, even if it screwed us all over.
dude, I wish.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

bv310 wrote:That would actually be nice,
ESPECIALLY
if it screwed us all over.
phikst
"Well, I..."
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Fate »

popsofctown wrote: Oh, and Fate, Elscouta's flip suggests that Almaster is scum because it means FiFi was actually claiming scumpartners. If Almaster is scum, I'd rather not see Fifi on this site ever again.
Oh I forgot about that. Wow. Just, wow. I passed it off as WIFOM since he wasn't immediately modkilled and blacklisted...
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 am

Post by bv310 »

popsofctown wrote:
bv310 wrote:That would actually be nice,
ESPECIALLY
if it screwed us all over.