The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 am

Post by The Purple Rose »

In post 572, oriole wrote:
In post 484, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:I enjoy this bandwagon

vote Katarina LeBlanc
I can't decide if I dislike the vote itself or passing it off as getting carried away gambiting more.

Purple Rose, I absolutely disagree with your defense of Shattered Viewpoint based on him playing recklessly as a non-newbie.

More tonight when I'm not on my phone.
It's not scummy. There's a difference between not having any backup and straight up scummy. Hiding yourself is scummy. SV is doing a very poor job at hiding.
Concombre
Concombre
Townie
Concombre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 am

Post by Concombre »

UNVOTE:

I've made my decision; we're lynching Beast today.

VOTE: beastcharizard

Sheep me to victory.
"S'il vous plaît ne me mangez pas, car je ne suis qu'un concombre."
— Chinese proverb

The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:41 am

I'm not opposed, but it's a bit late to change my vote. See ya tomorrow!
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 565, Metal Sonic wrote:hello PO!!!!!!

got a pretty nice role here gonna catch up now
Is this not breadcrumbing and highly suspicious? They did not state an actual role but their saying the pretty nice role thing could be referenced later.

@ Concombre: Do you hate NS for the self vote as well or just Katarina? If just Kat then why?
@ ThePurpleRose: Were all those quotes from people you think are scummy? I think it is but your post kind of confused me.

Do I ask to many questions? I feel like all I have done is ask questions this whole game.

I still think Evil Regals is scum and would personally like to lynch them. MS is coming in for a player who has done nothing thus far in the game. My vote wasn't going to spark some giant Wagon and take him out in a second but I wanted to let him know that Vifam was not the towniest of players and that he needed to explain their actions. Maybe voting them wasn't the most brilliant idea but a vote is the strongest thing anyone has during the day so I put as much power as I could behind it.

PEdit:
@Concombre: What are you basing your decision off of?
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 am

it's of people who didn't vote abdel but did comment on him when the game as a whole was rather negative about him.
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 am

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

In post 570, The Purple Rose wrote:I don't want to tunnel, you guys are forcing me to. That's my complaint.

SV is all but new. That's the point. He plays a reckless game as a non-newbie. Hence he knows what he's doing and you do not, otherwise you wouldn't vote him for it. Experienced scum do not play reckless on purpose in the grand majority of cases.

Or you knew all this and he's just a convenient target for you to relief pressure.
This is a horrible example of why to tunnel.

You're just defending someone scummy. You're calling me out, for scumhunting and saying he's an easy target? I've already alleviated pressure on Abdel to make room for his explanations. You just admit that he's an "experienced" player and acknowledged his scummy posts without having a read.
dopog
dopog
Goon
dopog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 am

Post by dopog »

Hi

Sorry about disappearing and all, but uni + soccer + working on own game + etc. is time consuming!

Anyway after reading, Eddie is still my top scumread. I did do a brief metacheck on him for a few games (across a couple alignments) but there isn't anything consistent as scum that ins't consistent as town upon skimming. I may look into this later because he does seem to have an immensely different playstyle to what I'm used to.

~ Ok so Eddie posts reads #135 and #399 without really much behind them that he states. Obviously he may have reasoning behind them but yeah none of it is explained, except feg and shattered viewpoint which is odd. And I don't get how his reads haven't changed from between those two. I look at all that stuff with his reads post and it's just "wow what's going on";

Spoiler:
Eddie wrote:Good morning, everyone. I've been on the outside looking in on this game and decided to sign up as a replacement for the random chance that 1/2 gents/ladies who hadn't confirmed yet would not show up. And as such, my # got pulled. So, without further delay, here's my catch up reads that I have so far.

Fegelein - Town. He's hunting scum and playing smart.
Baldrick (hydra) - Town

ThePurpleRose - Null/Town
Oriole - Null/Town

Evil Regals - Null
Beastcharizard - Null
KX - Null
Human Destroyer - Null

Shattered Viewpoint - Null/Scum. He should be in here scum hunting, not taking potshots from the sidelines "waiting" till "RVS" is over.
Concombre - Null/scum.
Vifam - Null/scum
Meeps - null/scum

Abdelrahman - Scum
dopog - scum
Notscience - Scum
Eddie wrote:Fegelein - Toooooooown. Pinging my townie radar so hard. He's hunting and playing
Baldrick - Town
Oriole - Null/Town
Evil Regals - Null
Beastcharizard - Null
KX - Null
Human Destroyer - Null

Shattered Viewpoint - Null/Scum READ. He should be in here scum hunting, not taking potshots from the sidelines "waiting" till "RVS" is over.
Concombre - Null/scum
Vifam - Null/scum
Meeps - null/scum
Abdelrahman - Scum
dopog - scum
Notscience - Scum

~ Just generally not a fan of how Eddie phrases stuff, although it's less important than contradictions, but here's an example;
Eddie wrote:It's not really... But, what it does is create distraction and noise that the mafia can use to stir the pot in their favor

Dislike this, not necessarily because of what he's saying but mostly the way it's phrased is very artificial.

~ Interactions with Feg; This is really what I haven't liked; that he has seemed to latch on a player who at the time people who were active were calling town. I did mention it in a previous post but it looks as if he is trying to really be responding to and defending a player he is openly calling his strongest town read. And then in #478 when responding to NotScience;
Eddie wrote:Now, if you wanted a better case AGAINST me... Here's some things you could have mentioned. You could at least mention the fact that I was defending Felge, to try and gain townie points.

And I think this implies he believes that AT LEAST his defending of Feg could be seen as scummy. Now whether scum would say that is pretty contentious I guess and probably wifom, so I will re look at it in context. But then he goes on to say this when responding to meeps read of him;
Eddie wrote:This is gold, Meeps. Buddying Feg? That's a laugh. I've got one post that has me re-thinking Feg going into late game.
Like I dunno what the heck. He just said he was defending Feg and can conceive that it might look as if he was trying to gain townie points [which is often the intention of buddying], but when meeps suggests it then he responds with this (assuming he is saying here that he isn't buddying feg), which is a contradiction. Pretty scummy. js

Yeah so definitely still think Eddie is scum.

@Oriole: When I said passive-aggressive what I meant was that Katarina LeBlanc was implying people were scum without explicitly stating it (like when they asked notscience and KX questions - they felt very pointed and reflective that she *thinks* they are/is going to accuse them of being scum). There's generally no point to covering that up so yeah passive-aggressive in that sense is pretty scummy.

Bit tired but may think of some more stuff to say in a bit. ByeAAA
dopog
dopog
Goon
dopog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 am

Post by dopog »

Just thinking... How experienced is shattered Viewpoint?

That influences what I think of his play
Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Fegelein »

In post 578, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 565, Metal Sonic wrote:hello PO!!!!!!

got a pretty nice role here gonna catch up now
Is this not breadcrumbing and highly suspicious? They did not state an actual role but their saying the pretty nice role thing could be referenced later.
Nice hypocrisy.

And the rest of your post is backseat scumhunting.

UNVOTE: Abdelrahman
VOTE: BeastCharizard

Sheeping Concombre/you are a high scum read.
COMING SOON: Insurgency Emergency, a 13p Mini Normal game! Don't miss it.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Stating why I voted Metal Sonic is back seat scum hunting or are you just ignoring that part of the post?

To be fair I didn't know what breadcrumbing was before this game and I chose a role name that does not exist in the game anywhere. And by that I mean there is not the possibility of a role being called inspector.

Is sheeping not following someone? I don't think I voted myself so I couldn't possibly be following them. Also, do you agree or disagree that what MS said is breadcrumbing? While you might dislike my post you can't discredit what I say just because you think I was breadcrumbing before.
Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Fegelein »

For the most part it was backseat scumhunting, I was a little subjective there.

Inspector = Cop

Yes, he was breadcrumbing, but you called him out for it when you've done it before, which is worse.
COMING SOON: Insurgency Emergency, a 13p Mini Normal game! Don't miss it.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 551, notscience wrote:
In post 547, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 490, notscience wrote:Katarina is probsscum

She wrote a paragraph just for me to say null
And you are not disputing one sentence of what she wrote? So her interpretation is, to your mind, an accurate one of you?
Nah

I'm just too lazy to waste my time refuting a scum's case
A case of why you were a null read?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 554, Evil Regals wrote:
In post 548, PeregrineV wrote:Katrina wagon a no-go.

Vote: shattered viewpoint
Why not?

Why the vote?

Don't be so vague, please enlighten us, tia.
She's probably town.

He's probably not. (To be fair, I played a game where he did a great job as scum. But, I think it got destroyed, so I'm only using vague recollections of hoe he was that game.)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 566, The Purple Rose wrote:
In post 546, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 488, The Purple Rose wrote:"I wouldn't mind being lynched" and then there comes a huge ass post which gives "reads". That whole first line is one heap of suppressed nervosity. And I know that this is the easiest way to calm those nerves and show the town you are really trying! It's insincere, obviously.
Either as scum or as town you are trying to work yourself out of a lynch
, easily the first goal of that post. Those reads are just a tool.
So you believe those are sincere reads?
You seem to have some trouble reading.

No.
If you believe they are insincere reads, then explain why the bolded part is worded that way.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 am

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 581, dopog wrote:Hi

Sorry about disappearing and all, but uni + soccer + working on own game + etc. is time consuming!

Anyway after reading, Eddie is still my top scumread. I did do a brief metacheck on him for a few games (across a couple alignments) but there isn't anything consistent as scum that ins't consistent as town upon skimming. I may look into this later because he does seem to have an immensely different playstyle to what I'm used to.

~ Ok so Eddie posts reads #135 and #399 without really much behind them that he states. Obviously he may have reasoning behind them but yeah none of it is explained, except feg and shattered viewpoint which is odd. And I don't get how his reads haven't changed from between those two. I look at all that stuff with his reads post and it's just "wow what's going on";

Spoiler:
Eddie wrote:Good morning, everyone. I've been on the outside looking in on this game and decided to sign up as a replacement for the random chance that 1/2 gents/ladies who hadn't confirmed yet would not show up. And as such, my # got pulled. So, without further delay, here's my catch up reads that I have so far.

Fegelein - Town. He's hunting scum and playing smart.
Baldrick (hydra) - Town

Oriole - Null/Town

Evil Regals - Null
Beastcharizard - Null
KX - Null
Human Destroyer - Null

Shattered Viewpoint - Null/Scum. He should be in here scum hunting, not taking potshots from the sidelines "waiting" till "RVS" is over.
Concombre - Null/scum.
Vifam - Null/scum
Meeps - null/scum

Abdelrahman - Scum
dopog - scum
Notscience - Scum
Eddie wrote:Fegelein - Toooooooown. Pinging my townie radar so hard. He's hunting and playing
Baldrick - Town
Oriole - Null/Town
Evil Regals - Null
Beastcharizard - Null
KX - Null
Human Destroyer - Null

Shattered Viewpoint - Null/Scum READ. He should be in here scum hunting, not taking potshots from the sidelines "waiting" till "RVS" is over.
Concombre - Null/scum
Vifam - Null/scum
Meeps - null/scum
Abdelrahman - Scum
dopog - scum
Notscience - Scum

~ Just generally not a fan of how Eddie phrases stuff, although it's less important than contradictions, but here's an example;
Eddie wrote:It's not really... But, what it does is create distraction and noise that the mafia can use to stir the pot in their favor

Dislike this, not necessarily because of what he's saying but mostly the way it's phrased is very artificial.

~ Interactions with Feg; This is really what I haven't liked; that he has seemed to latch on a player who at the time people who were active were calling town. I did mention it in a previous post but it looks as if he is trying to really be responding to and defending a player he is openly calling his strongest town read. And then in #478 when responding to NotScience;
Eddie wrote:Now, if you wanted a better case AGAINST me... Here's some things you could have mentioned. You could at least mention the fact that I was defending Felge, to try and gain townie points.

And I think this implies he believes that AT LEAST his defending of Feg could be seen as scummy. Now whether scum would say that is pretty contentious I guess and probably wifom, so I will re look at it in context. But then he goes on to say this when responding to meeps read of him;
Eddie wrote:This is gold, Meeps. Buddying Feg? That's a laugh. I've got one post that has me re-thinking Feg going into late game.
Like I dunno what the heck. He just said he was defending Feg and can conceive that it might look as if he was trying to gain townie points [which is often the intention of buddying], but when meeps suggests it then he responds with this (assuming he is saying here that he isn't buddying feg), which is a contradiction. Pretty scummy. js

Yeah so definitely still think Eddie is scum.

Bit tired but may think of some more stuff to say in a bit. ByeAAA
Tl;Dr, you don't like the way I phrase things and you think I am contradicting myself. See, I can argue both sides of an argument and it's a nasty little trait/habit that I have/do at times. I was pointing out to NotScience that IF he wanted to build a better case on me, here's somethings that, if he town, he could point out to TRY and use against me, seeing as how he sees me as scum. When he didn't even stop to think about that in his case, I knew it was a fluff case post to "attempt" to "trap me" (as pointed out by another user). When you're scum, you have to play dirty at times to get players lynched and keep yourself out of the frying pan with a convincing argument. For ME, I would have used that argument and tried to hammer it home to convince everyone else to lynch me.

Now, as for the Fege bit, I never like to think of "absolute townies" UNLESS the cop confirms these people, because the cop is right, shut up (bar a Godfather). Everything about fege screams townie to me, except for one post that, while on the surface it looks like a trololol post, I still am going to keep it in the back of my mind and during wagon analysis (unless a cop says otherwise), that he could POTENTIALLY be scum. Just like everyone else in this game COULD be scum from my Point Of View.
meeps
meeps
Townie
meeps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am

Post by meeps »

hi i'll make another post with content or w/e tonight
Concombre
Concombre
Townie
Concombre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Concombre »

Lynch beastcharizard.
To respond to the question, notscience's play this game felt town throughout, whereas Katarina's has been marred by tryhard scumminess. the selfvote isn't as scummy for ns because of that town play. (note: town play =/= pro-town play)
And I'm basing my vote off of the fact that you're playing this game as scum.

@Mod: V/LA until 8/9. Might still be able to use my phone though.

<marquis>
"S'il vous plaît ne me mangez pas, car je ne suis qu'un concombre."
— Chinese proverb

KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by KX »

Only dodge here saying I am still here, very sorry for the inactivity. If I haven't made a really good post in 48 hours from now, it means I simply don't have time to keep up with the game, and I'll request a sub.
The Knight-Errant
The Knight-Errant
Goon
The Knight-Errant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by The Knight-Errant »

Vote Count 1.23

Shattered Viewpoint (4) - Abdelrahman, oriole, Katarina LeBlanc, PeregrineV
beastcharizard (3) - Shattered Viewpoint, Concombre, Fegelein
Katarina LeBlanc (2) - notscience, The Purple Rose
Abdelrahman (1) - meeps
Baldrick (2) - Metal Sonic, Human Destroyer
dopog (1) - Baldrick
EddieFenix (1) - dopog
Metal Sonic (1) - beastcharizard

Not Voting (3) - EddieFenix, Evil Regals, KX

Countdown: (expired on 2013-08-12 11:00:00).

18 alive, 10 to lynch.

- Venmar
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
A modding hydra account of Alduskkel and Lady Lambdadelta.
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Abdelrahman
Abdelrahman
Townie
Abdelrahman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Abdelrahman »

OK, so metal sonic's post rubbed me the wrong way to be honest, but I'm a bit hesitant on him.

The argument between SV and Katarina was interesting, and Purple Rose, SV is dodging out of questions (hiding himself) very badly.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 575, The Purple Rose wrote:
In post 572, oriole wrote:
In post 484, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:I enjoy this bandwagon

vote Katarina LeBlanc
I can't decide if I dislike the vote itself or passing it off as getting carried away gambiting more.

Purple Rose, I absolutely disagree with your defense of Shattered Viewpoint based on him playing recklessly as a non-newbie.

More tonight when I'm not on my phone.
It's not scummy. There's a difference between not having any backup and straight up scummy. Hiding yourself is scummy. SV is doing a very poor job at hiding.
Yes, but do you believe SV was trying to hide? It doesn't matter how successfully he's doing it.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 590, meeps wrote:hi i'll make another post with content or w/e tonight
Please include thoughts on Katrina, Shattered Viewpoint, Purple Rose and Beast.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
meeps
meeps
Townie
meeps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by meeps »

ok hi im back
In post 507, Katarina LeBlanc wrote: Also regarding meeps' reads list, it seems a bit.. plastic. You're basically calling everyone null (except the obvious Abdel) because:
1.) Sharing the same scumread as me might get you accused of buddying
2.) Give reason to look like you're scumhunting but actually coast along.

Maybe give an iso on SV and tell me about your reads again. Not a fan of you null-scumming NS though, maybe it's just me trying to make the most out of his shit play.

Last question for you is who would you most likely entertain for a lynch tonight, and why.
Last question for you is who would you most likely entertain for a lynch tonight, and why.[/quote]

my reads were based off of what i was able to get out of from skimming the thread a couple times, i may have missed some key points but i had no intentions to buddy/parrot other players.

i'll post about sv later; i listed ns as null town js.

i'd really like to have an abdelrahman lynch for the reasons i listed before, he really does not know how to get out of the hole he's dug himself into after his early actions, he is basically struggling as mafia.
In post 515, EddieFenix wrote:This is gold, Meeps. Buddying Feg? That's a laugh. I've got one post that has me re-thinking Feg going into late game.
like i said i didnt have intentions on trying to buddy/parrot other players
In post 516, beastcharizard wrote:meeps, why is the majority of the game null-scum? Do you just think everyone is scummy or what? I would like to think that by defending myself and asking question of people I am at least participating in scum hunting seeing how the people react to the way I react. At least I am doing something to further discussion in the game rather than posting one of the most randomly timed reads list. No one asked you for one that I remember and since you haven't been all to active the list kind of seems forced. Lets not forget that all you did was say you have almost no read on anyone besides: me, abdel, feg and concombre. 21 pages into the game you would think one would have more than 4 people as something other than null.
the game still needs some time to develop, i myself have been unable to come up with a valid read for every player on the game. i did hope my reads would spark some discussion, but i guess it didnt, which was why i decided to post it.

@peregrine

ok sure

katarina - she has some town points; putting pressure on other players and making an attempt to scumhunt. she also has her scum points; 283 kinda irks me, rolefishing the town masons, whether it be true or not it's a rather poor play on her part. i think i should go into a bit of detail on her selfvote when she was being bangwagoned, it can be seen as her trying to see who would follow on and try and catch scum (which seems to have been her intention; making sv her top scumread after that). she could also be trying to make herself seem more townish, and maybe a wifom situation in which she is trying to make us believe she is town with that vote while possibly being scum. (sorry ive not used wifom much in the past, let me know if im using it incorrectly). for now i'd lean more towards town on her mainly because of the constant pressure she has been applying.

sv - his play has been rather poor throughout the entire game, as i've mentioned and many others; he said he'd wait until rvs is over and begin scumhunting, and it's quite far from over now (it seems he's still stuck in rvs judging by his posts). he has done quite a bit of random voting and has not provided much logic himself, other than his last vote tbf. i'd lean more towards scum for him right now, but he could still be town trying to hide under the radar from the mafia, if you will.

rose - they seem to focus a lot of abdelrahman, fegelein, and katarina, as opposed to other players. doesnt bring off good vibes when one tries to tunnel one player and then another. as they're making some decent arguments, really cant think up of a valid read, fairly null.

beast - most of the game he has been trying to defend himself from the pressure that has been put on him. also i've mentioned before i feel he is scum, and he is just digging himself into a deeper hole from some of his most recent posts, most notably his vote on metal sonic. vifam's actions were honestly just 'i dont really care much so im not going to try". ms isnt going to be able to come up with valid conclusions on why vifam played rather silly/reckless, so i dont see why he's going out and pressuring him when he hasnt been able to post anything of content.

also i dont really like metal sonic's first post stating he got a nice role. it's just not a great idea as for one, it may make him an easier target for the mafia in hopes of hitting a power role, or he may be a mafia power role himself. just something to look out for i guess

hopefully i can post more often w/e i'll try to stop being lazy bye
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by notscience »

Meeps, you're either moronic town or scum

Which
meeps