Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 4.01
Not Voting (3) -
Egix96, Formerfish, Alexcellent

With 3 players alive it takes 2 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 4 is in (expired on 2020-01-28 03:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Alex...
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I dont like you dodging me Alex. Makes me think you are scum scared to make a move because you dont know what im getting at.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

I am in the middle of a big long epic post. I also don't know what you're getting at if there's a hidden meaning behind "vote Egix", is this another test that goes over my head?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Its pretty simple.

I want you to vote for egix right now. Then imma do a trick.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Is the trick lynching Egix?

You realise from my perspective you wanting me to place the first vote makes me think you're scum? Like the only thing that has me leaning towards an Egix lynch right now is that the way Yoda voted and interacted with you is too weird and the fact that you're saying and doing things that I think scum would be too scared to do so blatantly and openly
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Alex, fucking vote egix
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 562, Formerfish wrote:Well shit, I was hoping that I'd die after I said that and the Gay Jesus would survive as the Neighbor, but i guess scum role copped him or they picked up on the fact that he was the nieghbor.

I can effort this in a day or so if you guys can give me that long.

Town should not vote yet because if they pick wrong scum can hammer and game is over.

I will say that if the other town person trusts me that they can vote not me and i wont quick hammer. That should clear me a little more. Gay Jesus trusted me, you should too.
Is this the 'effort' I've been waiting for?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Dude. If you are town, then vote for egix in your next post, or im going to give up on my trick and lynch you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 582, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 562, Formerfish wrote:Well shit, I was hoping that I'd die after I said that and the Gay Jesus would survive as the Neighbor, but i guess scum role copped him or they picked up on the fact that he was the nieghbor.

I can effort this in a day or so if you guys can give me that long.

Town should not vote yet because if they pick wrong scum can hammer and game is over.

I will say that if the other town person trusts me that they can vote not me and i wont quick hammer. That should clear me a little more. Gay Jesus trusted me, you should too.
Is this the 'effort' I've been waiting for?
I dont owe you anything. What effort have you put in. Egix is doing work.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Sounds like you're gonna have to lynch me then my dude. You do see the bind I'm in here right? I haven't actually seen your role PM and I'm not throwing out a vote because you're yelling at me to, and the fact you're pushing so hard for me to vote Egix here is making me doubt my read on you
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

All I see is you not wanting to eliminate someone from your lynch pool.

If you vote and I dont hammer, that means im town, and that locks you into voting egix and only egix, and thats bad for you.

Thats why you wont vote, because if you do it tightens your noose.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

... I don't think you've actually thought this through.

If you're town, scum reading me for this then I think you're suffering from major confirmation bias because I don't think you've actually looked at this from the perspective that I'm town? If I'm town, there's a 50/50 between you and Egix. If I vote Egix now and you DO hammer, and he flips town, then I've just thrown the game. Me voting Egix just to see if you'll hammer or not is not is insane.

As I said, I haven't seen your role PM. I don't know what you are and I don't even know what to make of this thought process.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Alex, I have a way to prove to you i am town and you arent taking it.

This shouldnt change your read on me, you should be jumping at the chance to clear me and put that paranoia to bed and go in on egix.

You are hesitating because if you do vote you are confirming me as town and scum doesnt want to do that.

Town would want to confirm me.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You think Egix is gonna have thi smuch hesitation on hammer testing me?

Im sure hed want to clear me since its between me and you for him.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Listen dude, I'm almost certainly one of the worst town players on this entire site but not even I am that dumb to fall for this.

I vote for Egix and one of two things happens:
a) It clears you as town to me
b) It LOSES THE GAME

Town would want to confirm me too, so if you believed any of the shit you're saying then town you would be voting Egix to try and clear me. This has kind of changed a significant amount of my read on you. It feels an awful lot like you know more about my alignment than you should if you're town.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Like the only way you're not scum based on these posts is if you're town who has some weirdly super strong town read on me and you're just suffering major tunnel vision and not thinking of the game from anyone else's perspective. Like town you should be sorting the game and not tricking me into putting Egix in a position where you can hammer.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 590, Alexcellent wrote:Listen dude, I'm almost certainly one of the worst town players on this entire site but not even I am that dumb to fall for this.

I vote for Egix and one of two things happens:
a) It clears you as town to me
b) It LOSES THE GAME

Town would want to confirm me too, so if you believed any of the shit you're saying then town you would be voting Egix to try and clear me. This has kind of changed a significant amount of my read on you. It feels an awful lot like you know more about my alignment than you should if you're town.
It has nothing to do with you being dumb. If you were town and had a town read on me then you would know that its egix as the last scum, instead of clearing me youre acting all paranoid now and refusing to clear me because you have seen that egix is clearly leaning towards you being scum, so your path to victory gets a lot harder with a cleared me.

im not going to try and clear you because I dont know youre town. You should know I am.

Again, when Egix gets on, what do you think he is going to do?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 589, Formerfish wrote:You think Egix is gonna have thi smuch hesitation on hammer testing me?

Im sure hed want to clear me since its between me and you for him.
Like this is way too manipulative to ever be town. And also it feels like kind of a slip. How do you know it's between me and you for him? How do you know he's not scum?

Everything about your D1 game was so scummy. But then you had some kinda pro-town feeling posts on D2, and the way Yoda interacted and voted you on D1 was weird. But there's like, no universe where town acts this way.

VOTE: FormerFish

P-Edit

How should I know that you're town? You have been cleared by no one. Just because the neighbour paid you a visit means literally nothing. I'm happy to see what Egix does.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 593, Alexcellent wrote:How do you know it's between me and you for him?
I want you to look at this and think for a second why this is one of the dumbest things youve ever said in your life.

Why wouldn't it be between you and i for Egix? If he is scum he would still need to pick one of us as town.

Right now we are in a lylo situation. That means that there is 1 scum and 2 town. I know im town and im looking for the other town member.

You dont seem to have the same goal as me, and by voting me you know that we lose if egix hammers, which since im town and you claim to be town he will.

But you know, trust him and not me, right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

So when egix comes in and doesnt hammer me because hes already figured out im town, then what?

You dont have much of an endgame here.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 594, Formerfish wrote:
In post 593, Alexcellent wrote:How do you know it's between me and you for him?
I want you to look at this and think for a second why this is one of the dumbest things youve ever said in your life.

Why wouldn't it be between you and i for Egix? If he is scum he would still need to pick one of us as town.

Right now we are in a lylo situation. That means that there is 1 scum and 2 town. I know im town and im looking for the other town member.

You dont seem to have the same goal as me, and by voting me you know that we lose if egix hammers, which since im town and you claim to be town he will.

But you know, trust him and not me, right?
I dunno man I've said some realllly dumb stuff.

Except you are not looking for the other town member. You have no interest in clearing me. If I voted Egix, it would give you no information on me, which says to me you don't want information, because you don't need it. All voting Egix does is gives you the hammer.
You realise that this is the exact situation you have been trying to pressure me into, just with you being able to hammer and not Egix.
In post 595, Formerfish wrote:So when egix comes in and doesnt hammer me because hes already figured out im town, then what?

You dont have much of an endgame here.
It's pretty simple, we're using your plan but the other way around. If Egix comes in and doesn't hammer, then he's cleared. Shouldn't you want that? That's what you've been aggressively pushing for. That means if you're town, then Egix is cleared and I'm scum. This is straight up your idea, you should be cool with it.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Thats fine, Egix can be clear, and then he will vote you, and then town wins.

Or he votes me and we lose.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You dont seem to be worrying about Egix scum, is that because you know hes town?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”