clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:42 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 552, team rocket queen wrote: i'm reading rabid town? if that wasn't clear. i had a null read on both the largest wagon (chkflip) and nero, but i'm reading both not mafia and rabid as town and they were both on nero so i voted there. i'm going to follow rabid onto clidd now, since clidd was on the more egregious side of your discussion about not mafia's role and i'm reading rabid town and rabid has access to more information than me. rabid was also more than 50% of the reason i was on nero. from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia so slightly more than 50% to have one within the neighborhood if we account for rerolling any setups where 2 or 3 of the mafia are within the neighborhood. so instead of the 33% to hit from my last post it's more like 17% to hit from lynching within the neighborhood, which is less than the 23% to hit at random. probably what you meant by the doesn't understand bit. anyway,

UNVOTE:

VOTE: cliddVOTE:

"
i had a null read on both the largest wagon (chkflip) and nero, but i'm reading both not mafia
"

- If you don't consider them both mafia, you feel they are town, so how can you have a null read ?

"
i'm going to follow rabid onto clidd now, since clidd was on the more egregious side of your discussion about not mafia's role
"

- What was discussed was the behavior of N_M, regardless of his alignment, and the relationship of his slot to the benefit of the lynch policy. I don't see how this fits in as a justification for voting on me.

"
i'm reading rabid town
"

- I would like to know your impressions about the aggressive stance that he showed most expressively at the beginning of the game.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:53 am

Post by clidd »

In post 554, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 552, team rocket queen wrote:from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia
No, the game designer determines whether neighbors are town or scum. It's not random.
Is this true ? I don't remember seeing that piece of information in this topic or a quote on the wiki.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:03 am

Post by clidd »

In post 564, Luna Fox wrote:Well it's nice to be back to the internet.
I'm gonna miss your Jake alt Robb.

On other news, Idk why people find it so hard to read Nero, i always thought he was super easy to read.
Hello, I would like to see your read on Rabid and Trq, given the latest interactions.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:05 am

Post by clidd »

In post 562, Robbnva wrote:hola, como esta?
I also want your opinion on Rabid/Trq.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 am

Post by clidd »

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 am

Post by clidd »

I will be away for a few hours. Waiting for answers.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 574, clidd wrote:
In post 550, Robbnva wrote:It’s easy to appear town in a neighborhood. Especially with who your mates are. I can’t see what you’re saying or doing. That’s part of why I hate neighborhoods and masons. Too much secret conversations
Masons are more strategic in the sense of communication, while hoods are an inferior simulation of this scenario.
except almost every single game, I scum read a mason because of how squirrely they act. I'm not the only one who ends up scum reading masons, especially if they spend more time in their PT than in the game but it is what it is. I suck at mafia anyway so ignore me.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 578, clidd wrote:
In post 562, Robbnva wrote:hola, como esta?
I also want your opinion on Rabid/Trq.
still scum read rabid, maybe he will do something to change my mind but at this point no point in pushing that if he is going to be able to confirm himself as town at some point.

trq literally just replaced in. I don't have a read on him yet as I haven't even read his posts
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Robbnva »

trq has a lot of words but doesn't sat much and he just sheeps rabid. so far I am not a fan
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 577, clidd wrote:
In post 564, Luna Fox wrote:Well it's nice to be back to the internet.
I'm gonna miss your Jake alt Robb.

On other news, Idk why people find it so hard to read Nero, i always thought he was super easy to read.
Hello, I would like to see your read on Rabid and Trq, given the latest interactions.
Hello.
I haven't changed my stance on Rabid.
TRQ im not townreading.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Why does every post from clidd feels like they are writing a letter to a CEO.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Garmr »

Hmm lets see what happens when I do this

VOTE: Chk

Check your move.
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Garmr »

l-1 by the way
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Robbnva »

pretty sure it's L-2
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Oh i also think Bingle's town, i think i forgot to mention that somewhere.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 546, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:developments in the hood
This, btw, is my fullclaim and a little bit of setup spec on my part. I'm not interested in fullclaiming in the main thread right now.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 576, clidd wrote:Is this true ? I don't remember seeing that piece of information in this topic or a quote on the wiki.
The vast majority of neighborhoods are designed with a specific town/scum proportion. Especially in closed setups, it doesn't really make sense to randomize hood composition most of the time.

That's not to say a game couldn't be designed with a variable neighborhood composition, especially an open or semi open, but they usually aren't.

As far as the meta of neighborhood composition, most of my recent experience with neighborhoods has been in Neighborhood heavy games where every player has a hood, so... Less than useful.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:12 am

Post by chkflip »

My votes in the right place.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:22 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 558, Robbnva wrote:
In post 556, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 554, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 552, team rocket queen wrote:from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia
No, the game designer determines whether neighbors are town or scum. It's not random.
oh, so the numbers don't mean anything, and the people who want to lynch within the neighborhood simply think that the game designer is likely (would have to be 70ish% likely to = random lynch) to put mafia in the neighborhood.
Last time I searched (and I’ll do it again when I get to work) the percentage was higher than 70% one scum in neighborhood with 3 people.
is there a searchable database with all of the completed games played on site that includes their setup and role flips? it seems a lot to compile yourself
In post 575, clidd wrote:"i had a null read on both the largest wagon (chkflip) and nero, but i'm reading both not mafia"

- If you don't consider them both mafia, you feel they are town, so how can you have a null read ?
this seems a convenient abbreviation of that quote
In post 552, team rocket queen wrote:i had a null read on both the largest wagon (chkflip) and nero, but
i'm reading both not mafia and rabid as town and they were both on nero so i voted there.
not mafia is a player in this game. my null on chkflip is a lean town but i'd like more content, as i said in my first post. my null on nero is largely due to the fact i have to reread their iso to recall much beyond animated avatar and had posted the most up-to-date vote count as of my entry.
In post 534, team rocket queen wrote:i liked chkflip voting non for three naked votes and no other content but it consumes too much of their iso.
In post 575, clidd wrote:"i'm going to follow rabid onto clidd now, since clidd was on the more egregious side of your discussion about not mafia's role"

- What was discussed was the behavior of N_M, regardless of his alignment, and the relationship of his slot to the benefit of the lynch policy. I don't see how this fits in as a justification for voting on me.
In post 305, Bingle wrote:
In post 301, clidd wrote:
In post 299, Bingle wrote:
In post 295, clidd wrote:The most scummy player is
Not_Mafia
, in my opinion. I can't imagine such sporadic behavior as town.
The specific post you quoted was actually +town equity. Serious question, have you ever played with nm?
No, I never played with him. That post wasn't town equity.
Why does scum soft a role that is more often scum than town?
Why does town soft a role that is more often scum than town?
Why is either incentivized not to?

The second has a legitimate answer that isn’t “for the memes.”

While odds are that nm did it for the memes, the fact that there is a large reason for scum him to hold the information close to his chest means that, yeah, it’s more likely town than scum.
and, this from my first post:
In post 534, team rocket queen wrote:the only posts from bingle which stuck out to me were the discussion of not mafia's role with chidd which seemed, uh, anti-town at best? what possible benefit does that have from either of their perspectives? chidd's push on not mafia is frustrating in general since not mafia's posts show clear game solving when there are more than a handful of more or less non-participants (including seeming widely townread garmr)

In post 55, Not_Mafia wrote:
Fake/Chemist/?

^^^ this posted at a time when jake was diffusing rabid push and taking the game away from any sort of productivity seems especially notable.
and since then, bingle has made a clearing to possible clearing claim in the neighborhood (i assume), leaving only you involved in what seems to be a glaring anti-town exchange to me.
In post 575, clidd wrote:"i'm reading rabid town"

- I would like to know your impressions about the aggressive stance that he showed most expressively at the beginning of the game.
In post 534, team rocket queen wrote:the aggression from rabid makes sense if rabid has a provable town role and a neighborhood outside of the game thread to discuss any information with since it serves the purpose of helping to determine the alignment of anyone pushed upon as well as helping to determine the alignment of those within the neighborhood. what is strange, though, is rabid's disappearance following the fight with jake,
feel like i answered this exact question in my first post. two of my last three posts have now been responses to people i wasn't town reading (though, again, i was likely wrong on bingle if "developments in the hood" are to be believed), which consisted largely of clarification and quoting myself. this is why i mainly asked questions to and about rabid. the games in which town is able to talk to town and simply push on other slots seem to be the games town wins.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 am

Post by bob3141 »

mm at the moment im betting

flav and garmr are scum. will need to look closer at this game as ive struggled to get into to it

either taht or flav want us to think he is partnered with garmr

i smell oil
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 593, team rocket queen wrote:is there a searchable database with all of the completed games played on site that includes their setup and role flips? it seems a lot to compile yourself
not a database. Good old CTRL F - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=29549
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 592, chkflip wrote:My votes in the right place.
Pourquoi?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:12 am

Post by chkflip »

TRQ is trying to word count / effort town points and it's failing.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 am

Post by chkflip »

The vote switch when questioned is terrible as well.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Robbnva »

Uh ok

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”