Touhou: Mafia in the Land of Fantasy (Game Over)

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 5895, Kagami wrote:Essentially faking a guilty on AD (which happened to be correct) was also problematic. The most obvious interpretation of the events of day 2 given the flipped cop and known motivate was that you had investigated both muffin and AD, but your behavior toward AD cast that interpretation into doubt. There was no reason to think one of the investigates had been lost.
And then we died and you lynched neither.

I'm not saying we were perfect, but let's not put all the culpability on us here.
beefycheese
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #5901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by chamber »

I can't believe we actually won this. So undeserved on me and malas part.
Taking a break from the site.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 5901, chamber wrote:I can't believe we actually won this. So undeserved on me and malas part.
+++
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

bork wrote:I'm not saying we were perfect, but let's not put all the culpability on us here.
i don't actually think anyone's blaming you

at least i was just saying if you want to avoid it happening in the future, don't leave wiggle room
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 5903, zMuffinMan wrote:at least i was just saying if you want to avoid it happening in the future, don't leave wiggle room
Trust me, lesson learned.
beefycheese
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by bubbajack8 »

All 3. Pegged all 3 in the end.

But oh no. NONE of you could get past being a bomb. :facepalm:
Show
Come bet on the Copa del Rey!
MY GTKAS

Modded Games:
Open 558: Hope Plus One In Confirmation!
Crack the Code!
Open 536: Scum win.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #5906 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 5893, zMuffinMan wrote:
mollie wrote:I suppose it takes balls to directly work against a flipped cop's read when they made it kind of clear that he was scum. I am not quite sure how that happened.
*shrug* i've seen this a fair bit lately and i think it's really, really bad play on a theory level - if you have a guilty on someone, you should really be pushing it and no one else; anyone else you think is scum can wait. the fact that there was an angle i could push to muddy the waters on top of my claim and other stuff meant that, with some help from nacho, i was able to at least spread doubt about your result
I have been pretty quiet about this but nacho Image

what do you do when you know you have a shelf life? and scum are getting lynched despite your input on another scum?

I suppose 1 could say, "hey guyz I think so and so are scum but lets lynch so and so" cos I thought that is what we did.

borky was pretty direct with that.
i also think it's especially bad play in what was obviously a role madness game where there was basically guaranteed to be some sort of protective role (and, not including the mafia inventor, there was a full doc and a modified-JK) and given you were odd-night, you would have had to survive til D4 to get another result anyway?
we figured there was a protective role. hindsight speculation isn't worth dick when you are caught up in the game and in real time.
it's something i noticed across a lot of games, but people really value keeping their roles hidden for nonsensical reasons when it seems far better to just have all the information on the table (PV seems to do this a lot and i've cringed both times i've seen him do it - particularly in gondolin, where tierce was able to spread a little doubt because of PV's pure derp - tierce got lynched anyway, but that shouldn't be possible); it baffles me when i see it happen
people probably keep their roles hidden cos there is so much flak when outing their role. and then there are the site-wide accepted fakeclaims.

I don't think there is an easy solution, the game simply played out. it was weird to see so many town players come so close but never coalesce.
whew!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5907 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by Kise »

jajajaja
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”