False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by mastina »

So I was thinking about the game last night (by which I mean, I literally was brainstorming this game in my sleep and it continued into this morning; I literally woke up this morning due to a potential breakthrough) and while I second-guessed a lot of my thoughts. "Pooky has to be clear", "Milo might be clear", sometimes the opposites, etc.

But ultimately, while I continue to have second-guessing going on, it led me to overall this:
VOTE: DKKoba

From play-wise it's a mess but mechanically-speaking, the thought I had was that Pooky basically can't be scum mechanically.

Now, granted!

What I really would like is if we had a Pokemon flavor expert around--the scum have fakeclaims. Which means that there are scum pokemon that are, flavor-wise, scumclaims and cannot be truthfully claimed. In other words, the pokemon are definitely scum pokemon.

...But the inverse should be true as well. If there are pokemon that are definitely 100% scum pokemon, then it figures that there are pokemon that are definitely 100% town pokemon. And while scum have safeclaims so it's hard to tell if a claimed pokemon is real, in the case of Pooky, there really is only one pokemon he realistically could be.

I should probably double-check any/all scum's isos to see how many of them claimed and what they claimed to see how closely their fakeclaims match their real role, but I'm fairly certain that Pooky, mechanically, is basically a mason here.

In terms of certainty, I'd say ~75% here is what I mean by "fairly certain". It's not a surefire thing, because I've not done the research to confirm it. But if it is, then that'd narrow the pool down to Milobird and DKKoba.

Milobird's role is possible to be scum or a scum fakeclaim, especially if the mod error was "you're not multitasking so you shouldn't have gotten a result while killing", but the nature of the mod error makes it slightly more likely to be town in my opinion. It's not as surefire of a thing, but there was more that tipped me in the scales here; small inconsistencies in DKKoba's claim.

Now, granted. Said inconsistencies are really really small, probably nitpicking, and I can think of reasonable justifications for them. But I've been giving those justifications for them without giving any thought to the other explanation (that the inconsistencies are due to the claim not being from town).

DKKoba allegedly thought that they stopped the scum kill N3 from the scum targeting them N2--but how would DKKoba have thought that? DKKoba wasn't targeted by the scum kill, and even if they were, they'd have died from the scum nightkill on N2 right then and there.
Keep in mind also that scum are not multitasking by default--so what scum would target DKKoba N2 and then forgo their night action N3 to do a nightkill? I can't really think of any aside from knowing one it cannot be; a scum rolecop would know not to make the attempt.

Then there's the decision to self-target N2 anyway. At the time of N2, we had Firebringer claimed as an investigative, SirCakez as a claimed innocent, and Dwlee as basically a hard-claimed protective role (now granted, Dwlee was scum, but if DKKoba was town, they wouldn't have known DKKoba was scum).

Not wanting to roleblock a protective role is maybe excusable, but ironically, not protecting Dwlee actually feels like scum knowledge. (Granted, this is perhaps biased by my thought process. *I* protected the claimed protective role for basically the reason I am outlining; I didn't want to double-up on protecting a slot.) Why the self-target when DKKoba already discarded their self-protect in order to evolve in the first place? If DKKoba wanted to eat up scum night actions, they didn't need to evolve and do so with their new role.

The other inconsistency has to do with their view on protecting players. Yesterday, they said they couldn't stop kills anymore, but there was in fact a way for that to happen. Today, they said they CAN, but while it's theoretically possible, it'd require the scum to basically gamethrow. Per DKKoba's claim of being unable to target the same player twice in a row, and per DKKoba's last protection having been SirCakez, SirCakez is wide open for the scum. (I didn't want to say this while not wanting to eliminate DKKoba because obviously, spelling out the route scum take to get the best nightkills isn't a good idea because if the scum didn't figure it out, they could still be caught by it.)

The route for us getting another killstop was actually the scum killing SirCakez last night, as that'd mean DKKoba could protect either Malakittens or MathBlade tonight, but that didn't happen. The scum took the route that would guarantee the kill could succeed. Now, that doesn't hard-implicate DKKoba as it could be scum respecting the chance for a stopped kill, but...

Overall I think this is the correct move.

There IS an asterisks to this, obviously. Which I intend to investigate. (That being, interactions. Such as with Dwlee actually.)

So I'm not going to push through a DKKoba elimination yet.
But I'll move my vote there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5856, MathBlade wrote:Everyone in the PoE please tell me who you’d elim if your top choice is wrong
Something like first I would elim X but if they’re town I would elim Y
24 hours ago, it was Milobird->Pooky.
Now it's DKKoba->Milobird.

Although I do admit I am second-guessing my logic here again.

I do really need to do the flavor-research as well as the interaction research I want to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3564, Dwlee99 wrote:My flavor is cotton guard if that matters, I'm swablu
In post 4032, May and Brendan wrote:
Altaria / チルタリス / Tyltalis
COTTON GUARD:
The user protects by wrapping a body in soft cotton
◓ Once at night, you may target another player with your cotton, disallowing any non- actions from affecting that player

PERISH SONG:
Both user and foe faint in 3 turns.
◓ Once, during any phase you may sing to another player, you and that player will both faint three day/night phases later.
Not sure if this is proof of scum having fakeclaims because Dwlee realclaimed the move and apparently Altaria is an evolved Swablu.

However,
In post 4341, imaginality wrote:I'm Girafarig. My power is Psybeam.
In post 4551, May and Brendan wrote:
Sableye / ヤミラミ / Yamirami
MEAN LOOK:
The user pins the target with a dark, arresting look.
◓ Twice, at night you may look at another player, scaring them, and receiving an exact copy of their current Rolecard.

CONFUSE RAY:
The target is exposed to a sinister ray that triggers confusion.
◓ Twice at night, you may confuse another player.
◓ The start of the night following your action, your target will be informed they were confused, and if they have an action that targets other players they must submit two targets that will be randomly decided on.
◓ Your target will not be informed which player they targetted.

CALM MIND:
The user quietly focuses its mind and calms its spirit.
◓ Your calm mind means that investigative roles will interact with you as if you were a member of the
Town
...But this seems reasonable proof that scum do in fact have fakeclaims.

Still though. While Pooky
could
be any pokemon with the move Wonder Room from the list here, there's not the clear flavor link between them as there is between Solrock and Lunatone.

It's hard for me to really figure out a reliable source of flavor for the team rocket pokemon tho--I'm kinda at a loss for what to search for, here, in terms of "this is a team rocket pokemon" vs. "this is not a team rocket pokemon".
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Whelp Mastina’s town and my VCA is flawed somewhere.

Scum Mastina doesn’t let a typo as big as that go through.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So it’s Koba or Milo gg?

Titus and Cakez thoughts?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

when math is 0/2
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5900, mastina wrote:So I was thinking about the game last night (by which I mean, I literally was brainstorming this game in my sleep and it continued into this morning; I literally woke up this morning due to a potential breakthrough) and while I second-guessed a lot of my thoughts. "Pooky has to be clear", "Milo might be clear", sometimes the opposites, etc.

But ultimately, while I continue to have second-guessing going on, it led me to overall this:
VOTE: DKKoba

From play-wise it's a mess but mechanically-speaking, the thought I had was that Pooky basically can't be scum mechanically.

Now, granted!

What I really would like is if we had a Pokemon flavor expert around--the scum have fakeclaims. Which means that there are scum pokemon that are, flavor-wise, scumclaims and cannot be truthfully claimed. In other words, the pokemon are definitely scum pokemon.

...But the inverse should be true as well. If there are pokemon that are definitely 100% scum pokemon, then it figures that there are pokemon that are definitely 100% town pokemon. And while scum have safeclaims so it's hard to tell if a claimed pokemon is real, in the case of Pooky, there really is only one pokemon he realistically could be.

I should probably double-check any/all scum's isos to see how many of them claimed and what they claimed to see how closely their fakeclaims match their real role, but I'm fairly certain that Pooky, mechanically, is basically a mason here.

In terms of certainty, I'd say ~75% here is what I mean by "fairly certain". It's not a surefire thing, because I've not done the research to confirm it. But if it is, then that'd narrow the pool down to Milobird and DKKoba.

Milobird's role is possible to be scum or a scum fakeclaim, especially if the mod error was "you're not multitasking so you shouldn't have gotten a result while killing", but the nature of the mod error makes it slightly more likely to be town in my opinion. It's not as surefire of a thing, but there was more that tipped me in the scales here; small inconsistencies in DKKoba's claim.

Now, granted. Said inconsistencies are really really small, probably nitpicking, and I can think of reasonable justifications for them. But I've been giving those justifications for them without giving any thought to the other explanation (that the inconsistencies are due to the claim not being from town).

DKKoba allegedly thought that they stopped the scum kill N3 from the scum targeting them N2--but how would DKKoba have thought that? DKKoba wasn't targeted by the scum kill, and even if they were, they'd have died from the scum nightkill on N2 right then and there.
Keep in mind also that scum are not multitasking by default--so what scum would target DKKoba N2 and then forgo their night action N3 to do a nightkill? I can't really think of any aside from knowing one it cannot be; a scum rolecop would know not to make the attempt.

Then there's the decision to self-target N2 anyway. At the time of N2, we had Firebringer claimed as an investigative, SirCakez as a claimed innocent, and Dwlee as basically a hard-claimed protective role (now granted, Dwlee was scum, but if DKKoba was town, they wouldn't have known DKKoba was scum).

Not wanting to roleblock a protective role is maybe excusable, but ironically, not protecting Dwlee actually feels like scum knowledge. (Granted, this is perhaps biased by my thought process. *I* protected the claimed protective role for basically the reason I am outlining; I didn't want to double-up on protecting a slot.) Why the self-target when DKKoba already discarded their self-protect in order to evolve in the first place? If DKKoba wanted to eat up scum night actions, they didn't need to evolve and do so with their new role.

The other inconsistency has to do with their view on protecting players. Yesterday, they said they couldn't stop kills anymore, but there was in fact a way for that to happen. Today, they said they CAN, but while it's theoretically possible, it'd require the scum to basically gamethrow. Per DKKoba's claim of being unable to target the same player twice in a row, and per DKKoba's last protection having been SirCakez, SirCakez is wide open for the scum. (I didn't want to say this while not wanting to eliminate DKKoba because obviously, spelling out the route scum take to get the best nightkills isn't a good idea because if the scum didn't figure it out, they could still be caught by it.)

The route for us getting another killstop was actually the scum killing SirCakez last night, as that'd mean DKKoba could protect either Malakittens or MathBlade tonight, but that didn't happen. The scum took the route that would guarantee the kill could succeed. Now, that doesn't hard-implicate DKKoba as it could be scum respecting the chance for a stopped kill, but...

Overall I think this is the correct move.

There IS an asterisks to this, obviously. Which I intend to investigate. (That being, interactions. Such as with Dwlee actually.)

So I'm not going to push through a DKKoba elimination yet.
But I'll move my vote there.
why dont you ask me the answers to the questions you have here towards me huh?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

now i fully understand why chow self voted tbh
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5908 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

mastina fucking promise me you dont fucking vote milo

i swear to fucking god

vote pooky

i dont RFUCKING give a fuck if you think milo is scum

vote fucking pooky

cakez maths and mastina's case for pooky being town all suck ass

sorry

it has to be said

"hurr durr pooky chose to shoot scum"

ok and what fucking else did he do

nothing

but happily sheep every wagon

Firebringer thought he was scum tho

guess what happened to firebringer

died next night

i said i wasnt going on firebringer btw

very explicitly

so if you wanna blame me f u
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5909 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i thought i stopped scum kill because i thought scum roleblocked me

if any of you have any ounce of respect you'd honor my fucking milo townread.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5910 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also yes i can fucking stop a scum kill mastina

maybe read my fucking role claim better

you didnt read it correctly

which also corroborates the fact you didnt read anything i said correctly so lmfao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5911 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im so done with people.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5912 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

why do i even giving a fuck in games when this is what happens half the time lmfao

and any poinst that say im town are all wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

koba never town koba always wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

always wifom everyone look!! koba wifom!!! koba always does stupid move as scum because koba always wifom!! cant townread koba thats too easy :( gotta say wifom lolzzzz

none of u should be allowed to use that word after this game btw.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5913 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i want a colective promise to fucking vote pooky next day phase

yall cant even fucking towncase him without pointing to the vig shot or like some stupid flavor argument

those are the *only* 2 points
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5914 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

zomg koba keeps alive all the poeple that scumread them xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xDDDDDDDDDDDD XXDDDDDDXDXDXDXDXDXDD XDSXDXDXD
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5915 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

@mod v/la weekend

i need a break.

if im limmed while im gone

fucking vote pooky

@cakez that is addressed to you, #1 pooky defender who is so deep in pooky's pocket, it echos when you yell into it.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5916 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

all pooky literally has said about me this whole fucking dayphase is "zomg koba scum haha koba has to be scum xDD"

and yall are like *nodding* and not even thinking about "what if pooky is scum here"

and its fucking embarassing like am i the only player here who reevals based on what people say in lategame instead of locking myself in like a bot?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5917 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

btw mastina u can join the hall of fame of people who read into my night action choice that is claimed and think it is a scumclaim club just because u "disagree": https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... ead#unread

here's an ice game

ISO michelle and tutuu and watch how they throw the ridiculous reasoning around my night actions at me because i said "lol i targeted a 3p read from the clear because i was too busy to reread"

( i had actually ended up targeting scum)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5918 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

these are the types of reads that mastina/cakez/math are making against me btw
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5919 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

mostly aimed at mastina bc it matches the way they are confident in their scumcase for shit that isnt even scummy
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5920 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(yeah i was town in that screenshot)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5921 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by DkKoba »

am i e-1 i dont want to play in this game and fight anymore i just want to be sheeped on pooky please

im done as fuck

actually fuck it

VOTE: DkKoba

i dont care.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5922 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if you guys disrespect my legacy you have only yourselves to blame for losing to an obvious fucking trolling scum who did 1 thing and is being easily townread off that.

milo and mastina have put in massive work and put in a lot of effort into how theyre reading the game

im not in the mood to argue anymore with people who think they know better about how i play and how pooky plays when clearly they are proven to not even be fully up to date with what has gone on this game.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5923 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5912, DkKoba wrote:why do i even giving a fuck in games when this is what happens half the time lmfao

and any poinst that say im town are all wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

koba never town koba always wifom

wifom

wifom

wifom

always wifom everyone look!! koba wifom!!! koba always does stupid move as scum because koba always wifom!! cant townread koba thats too easy :( gotta say wifom lolzzzz

none of u should be allowed to use that word after this game btw.
post of the game btw (::
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5924 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5560, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its just koba right
In post 5563, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: koba

big respect to the WIM
In post 5566, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its just koba lol
In post 5568, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok good talk
In post 5573, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i asked him if he wanted to die in the scum chat and he was like yea sure
In post 5576, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its just koba lol
In post 5579, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:your read on me is fake af lol
In post 5581, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:any1 can pull up my iso and see nothing has changed
In post 5583, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i stopped trying cuz i thought the game was ovee

u seem to think this means im scum today, but you never mentioned it on d5-7
In post 5588, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its not milobird

bell way out of scum range

koba is the last possible baddie
In post 5591, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:r u going to claim i was jailkept from killing on n3 rofl
if youre clear and youre alive at this point

you were brought here on purpose

just fucking be humble and admit that is a possibility instead of being like HAHA WE ARE MURDERING ALL SCUM WE ARE IMMACULATE AHAHAHA

because no

youre fucking here bc ur reads were worse than the other clears or ur hard pocketed by scum

cakez is alive this whole time because of pooky

and its blatant.

stop assuming wifom or framing

just fucking follow normal NKA

it fucking works

u have like 1 in like 20 games where scum will kill to frame with NKA

fuck ?

the game is already fucked if we have clears who genuinely believe i leave them alive for 3 nights straight while they have a hardon for my elim.

seriously.

learn from this game thanks

if i see this same mistake from yall in the future im just gonna not play anymore honestly im sick of it.
retired

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”