Newbie 783 - Mongol Mafia - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think Shadeaux was scummier than you were. I let myself tunnel way, way too much. Sorry about that. For what it's worth, I learned my lesson. :)

Your disclaimer'd scumlist was a bit odd, but, in retrospect, it wasn't really scummy. I think you did as well as could be expected.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Post wall for everyone to hate me for:

Shadeux
: I actually loved his play and agreed with most of it from a neutral standpoint. It’s a shame he went missing.
Tracker
: Okay, first the semi-ordered list was an extremely strange move and while strange doesn’t equal scummy it’s often painted that way, so sadly it usually works to your benefit to play “boring”. It would’ve been simpler and more useful to simply isolate your top three scum suspects and list them without a specific order. It gives people a better idea of your thought process while not giving everything away. Furthermore, while I don’t have a problem with your backing away from your proposed lurker lynch you needed to do it sooner than you did. You need to immediately either argue back and defend your position or immediately concede that you were wrong. If you just let it sit out there like you did though, someone like me is prone to take the argument and either use it against you or twist it to our own ends.

Pablo
: You were a bit more spastic than usual in your voting in this one. I think that led the town to suspect you less than usual, but you lost a bit of credibility with the town as well. Frankly, you should’ve busted my balls when I was pushing for the PP lynch because she was so N00b town that it hurt my brain.

Jarmo
: Nothing much to comment on, clearly got his attention drawn by n00b players which is common. It was fun to bandwagon him, at least that got things going a little bit.
Iecerint
: Wall posts are bad, walls posts are bad, wall posts are bad. Usually wall posts are a sign that you’re overposting which is bad because the more you say beyond what is necessary to make your point and it becomes increasingly likely you’ll say something dumb/scummy in those extra words. Furthermore, it breaks the town’s spirit to have to comb through obnoxiously long posts which is generally great for scum and not so great for town. As scum I was more than happy to encourage you while making myself look like the good guy by breaking the habit.

BlyndSikick
: Dumb name.
Furpants_Tom
: Also a dumb name.
MichelSableheart
: Good player and clearly knew what he was doing; had to be NKed because he was the only one who stood a chance of keeping the town on track on D3.

P
: “She [PP] was so N00b town that it hurt my brain.”
SOG
: I followed another one of your games and I wasn’t impressed, but I was with your play in this game. You came in on the heels of a predecessor under fire and yet I really couldn’t find much to attack you with, well done on that front.

Ivan
: Was like my best friend ever in this game. As the PMs mentioned I had a fake cop claim that I breadcrumbed in my ISO 37 (see if you can spot it) and was ready to pull out on D3 with an innocent on ivan to try and lead him to voting with Katy and I to pick up the win. Then he got replaced out and the fake claim wouldn’t have been nearly as effective.
Brandi
: Sorry to be so blunt about it, but scum’s biggest asset on D3. Your lurking through D3 just completely broke the spirit of the town more effectively than anything scum could’ve done. Did put a scare in my heart though.

eKim
: Solid player, but I don’t think he posted enough in this game. He could’ve and should’ve been an effective leader of this town, but instead he was reduced to an observant lurker.
Kitoari
: Needed to do something to shake up the game on D3, was too accepting of the status quo.

Penguana
: Best partner ever for replacing out and giving me Katy.
Katy
: By no means a scummy winning caliber of performance, but it got the job done and in the end that’s what counts. D2 could’ve been extremely bad for you/us if Iecerint hadn’t been throwing up his big wall posts to distract the town from the fact that you didn’t supply anything to them on that day. I know it doesn’t often feel natural, but you’ve absolutely got to try and play as town; which means you've got to fake the scumhunting.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Heh, which other of my games did you follow?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:42 pm

semioldguy wrote:Heh, which other of my games did you follow?
Don't remember which it was, just the lack of positive impression.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I'm still learning, my record is pretty bad thus far :(

You played well, and as the only player not to be replaced (aside from Pablo who got offed night one) your win was well deserved.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Brandi »

I had a lot of unexpected issues and I misunderstood the deadline. :P But I deserve that I guess. When I agreed to replace in a game I had NOTHING TO DO WITH MY TIME. and then it was like BAM! No free time for you :(
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ I make smaller posts now. I learned my lesson. :)

DDD, would you have used statistics against tracker the same way if you had been town and thought he was scum?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:51 am

Iecerint wrote:DDD, would you have used statistics against tracker the same way if you had been town and thought he was scum?
Honestly, I have no idea because I don't think as a townie I would have chosen to argue that point with him anyways.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

DDD, you bastard. The mafia drowned the town in a wall of text on day 2, which I guess is a different kind of way to win. Well done there, pity I didn't get to play more.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:05 am

Post by tracker »

what i did on that list was invert my suspicions so 2nd was 1st, 1st was 2nd neutral was neutral and i don't remember the last two
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

If you didn't want to give scum too much information, you probably could've listed your scum reads without listing town reads.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:30 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Congratulations!

All vanilla games are usually rather difficult for town. Town really needs to play their best to win them. When the game has a lot of replacements, quite a bit of inactivity, some wall posts, and good players in the mafia roles, it becomes virtually impossible for town to win.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”