Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

In post 596, GamerRaptor wrote:If Skelda is (somehow) town, then Rach would be a good target, considering that Skelda said that we were "blindly killing myself and rach" so either Rach is mafia, or Skelda is, or Skelda is an idiot.

A lot of people seem to be picking up on this, but I don't personally find it all that incriminating. I could explain, but I think I'll let him do it to give him the chance to talk to us.

Also, L-1, though I don't think we really have to worry about a quickhammer at this point. Other than, if you are town, please don't self-hammer Skelda :(
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 596, GamerRaptor wrote:If Skelda is (somehow) town, then Rach would be a good target, considering that Skelda said that we were "blindly killing myself and rach" so either Rach is mafia, or Skelda is, or Skelda is an idiot.

They aren't both mafia, because phok was mafia, and there's only two mafia. So, that means that it's either Skelda or Rach. Skelda seems to be VERY suspicous, so it's him, I bet.
Look, I am not bad and I don't think Rach is either. What I meant by that statement is that tomorrow, I would rather you not lynch Rach. You are already gearing up to do it and setting it up, I can see it coming, and from my TOWN perspective it seems bad. Please do not immediately vote Rach tomorrow, I think scum is elsewhere. That is what I meant by that.

With that being said, I am a VT and I understand why you find me suspicious. I've basically done nothing all game and I defended a flipped Mafia. I expected to be lynched the instant I saw phok's flip. Now I could go into the whole. "Would I be so blatant in defending my scumbuddy?" rubbish (the answer is no), but I can already see that you aren't going to buy it. So just lynch me now before LyLo and think long and hard tomorrow. I'd rather not be alive because I can already tell that if I were alive tomorrow and you didn't get scum today, you would kill me and lose. I think you have a better chance of not lynching Rach in the end.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 595, TwilightsCall wrote:As much as I dislike Raptor's reasoning, I think Skelda is still where my vote is going to have to go. Rach has at least put the effort into posting some sort of reasoning with her votes, which Skelda hasn't really done. Plus, his play is actually startlingly similar to phok's.

Votes without providing reasons. Phok? Check. Skelda? Check.
Playing mostly UTR. Phok? Check. Skelda? Check.
Artificial/uninformed attempt at distancing after the lack of N2 scum kill. Phok? Check. Skelda? Check.
Lack of initiative in defending themselves. Phok? Check. Skelda? Check.

Now, I will give that Skelda is actually posting and responding to comments, even if it is just Raptor's comments, which is considerably better than what we got from phok. That being said, I'm going to avoid actually voting for now because I'm not interested in baiting another quickhammer, and I'm interested to see if Skelda has any more reads/opinions that he'd like to share.

And to Raptor: let's pretend we lynch Skelda, and he flips town. Do you have any suspicions on anyone else?

Maurice, Rach: thoughts at all?

I'm down for lynching my top scum reads and all, but I would like to get a bit of a wider perspective before we lock into anything.
Um my main read is that you should not lynch Rach based on the reasons for being suspicious that you have provided, since in my experience this is very typical of a Rach game. If I had to pick a scum right now, I would choose Raptor, but I could see it being Raptor or Maurice. But once again, I don't want one of them to be lynched today unless you decide that you 100 percent are not getting me tomorrow, because otherwise I'd be a liability. Since I don't see that happening, it looks like this is it for me.

I'm sorry that I wasn't more helpful. I really, truly am. I am getting weary of Mafia on this site, and need a break from it, so that's why my heart never was really in this game. I did give an honest effort, but most of the apathy you are all detecting as scummy is apathy towards the site in general and not towards this particular game. I'm sorry I didn't give the best impression to the new players. But hey, you got one scum already, you have a very real chance of winning, you've got at least one power role left who isn't me. Maybe this can be the first Newbie game I play in which the town actually wins.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vc. Also prodding GamerRaptor
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 4.01

Not voting(3)
- RachMarie, Skelda, TwilightsCall
Skelda(2)
- GamerRaptor, MauriceMoss
L-1

Vote History:

TwilightsCall -
Skelda -
RachMarie -
GamerRaptor -
MauriceMoss -

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, February 4, which is in (expired on 2014-02-05 07:00:00).

Mod notes:

Prodded GamerRaptor

Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:13 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

TC who are you willing to vote for? It does appear that rach isn't scum.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:14 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Sorry for the Prod. I was sleeping, and none said anything that I could've said back.

Anyway, maybe Skelda was trying to blame it on Rach? If Skelda is innocent, then Rach may be just some random scum\villager. But, since there's barely anyone else that's suspicous, I would keep an eye on Rach.

And for god's sake. Does anyone see how Suspicous Skelda is? He literally pointed fingers at me and said my name 3 times just because I did the final vote on scum.
how do bold
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:07 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

Right now I'm looking mostly at voting Skelda. Like he said, even if he is town at this point, the lingering suspicion over his head is going to cause problems for us in the next day.

Beyond that, I'm feeling really torn about Rach. While she hasn't done much to make herself look any worse than before, she hasn't done a whole lot to make herself look better. I don't want to write her off as town yet, but she's definitely not the target for today.

So until then, I'll give
intent to hammer
on Skelda. I'll probably wait another day or so before dropping it, so if anything has anything to say before the hammer drops, now's your chance.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:08 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

EBWOP: If any
one
has anything to say.

>.>
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 607, TwilightsCall wrote:Right now I'm looking mostly at voting Skelda. Like he said, even if he is town at this point, the lingering suspicion over his head is going to cause problems for us in the next day.

Beyond that, I'm feeling really torn about Rach. While she hasn't done much to make herself look any worse than before, she hasn't done a whole lot to make herself look better. I don't want to write her off as town yet, but she's definitely not the target for today.

So until then, I'll give
intent to hammer
on Skelda. I'll probably wait another day or so before dropping it, so if anything has anything to say before the hammer drops, now's your chance.
Yup, I agree with you. I am town, but until I don't think you are going to see that and so I suspect suspicion will linger on me and I would generate an easy win for the scum tomorrow if we shot wrong now. So, hammer away.

I find GR incredibly suspicious in his last post, it really seems like his "keeping an eye on Rach" and "barely anyone else suspicious" are setting up lynches for the next day. Please keep an eye on him for me. Please, TC, I think you are good, and I think Rach is good. And he keeps bringing up that "saying my name three times" but it just seems a little outlandish to me. I'm trying to blame it on Rach, ha! If he even read my posts, he would know that one of the few reads I've given is that Rach is good.

I think it is GR. I really think it is GR.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by Skelda »

And also, I beg you to tell me why Rach is so suspicious, because other than this being her style, I really don't see it. I find every other player much more suspicious than Rach.

And Doc, if you exist, you should protect TC. Let's add a little WIFOM into this mix.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

My issues with Rach...

Mostly it stemmed from beginning of the game stuff. She posted a number of times, but the vast majority of what she said was just IC comments, and while those comments were relevant, she didn't post anything actually helpful towards solving the issue of the game at hand at all. This was brought up a number of times, and her response was to...continue not contributing.

Now, I'm not going to say that I think her lack of activity is a scumtell. I can understand if she had things to deal with, and she's far from the only person who has been prodded more than once. But her response to claims that she was specifically trying to go UTR seemed to be to lurk more, and that always sat badly with me. I tried to throw votes on her early in the game in an attempt to build some pressure, maybe pull some activity out of her, but that never really panned out as no one else seemed interested in running non-lynching wagons. Which is fair enough, since I explicitly avoided stating my intention there, as a pressure vote doesn't hold much pressure if you come out and say it's a pressure vote >.>

Moving on from activity stuff. I didn't like her reasons for voting me D1 (#202). It seemed really contrived and not very well thought out, so I read it as an attempt at just pushing my lynch forward. Now pushing forward a D1 lynch is a blind guess at best really, so normally you probably wouldn't think it suspicious, but the fact she was doing so despite the weak and unreasoned cases on me rang some alarm bells. To me, it felt like she was furthering a bad case intentionally. Her interactions with Teedy afterwards seemed similarly flaky, and that combined with my already not-happiness regarding her activity basically put me on watch for her for the rest of the game.

There's a bit more incidental stuff, but I'll TL;DR it here. I'd say "so suspicious" is probably not the correct phrasing for it. More like, I got an initial scummy feel from her and she never really did anything to shake it off. With everything else, even heading up to the phok lynch being mostly blindly flailing about, she was really my backup as a suspect for a long time thanks to no one else really standing out.

And like I said before, I am feeling pretty torn about pushing that lynch through if I make it to tomorrow. There's just something going on that is giving me a bad vibe. It's hard to put it into words.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by RachMarie »

yes I have been dealing with superflu and a bad tooth which was removed yesterday.

If you have any concerns, ask me, happy to help.

I made a case on you based on what I had at the time, how does that make me scummy?

The problem is there has been a fair bit of lurking in this game, which has made it harder to peg people. As for phok, my point I made still stands and that is even when I feel someone is likely to be scum, I still felt that hammer sucked. Yes he turned out to be scum, but the hammer still sucked.

I feel strongly enough about quick/derp hammers that I have it in my IC blurb I do at the beginning of every game. That hammer still sucked, and yes I could see a case being made for it being done to prevent a buddy from saying too much, however I have not had a chance to do more ISO research due to being ill and having a bad tooth, hence the reason I have not made a case yet.

I may be splitting hairs more here, but when no one really stands out, and there has been low activity overall, you kinda have to look at hairs.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Long V/LA from today til Sunday night
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Skelda »

I think how GR is trying to paint Rach and me as obvious targets is bothersome, also. Rach, do you think I am scum? I agree with you about hammers, and those of you who are accusing Rach, anything you find "suspicious" about her she has also done in a town game and it is just Rach. So I would look deeper than you are.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 am

Post by Skelda »

VOTE: GR even though I am likely going to be the one to go regardless.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by RachMarie »

In post 495, GamerRaptor wrote:I'm leaning scum, because I voted you?

Yeah, I think this guy isn't needed if he thinks people voting is scum. That's the only thing Townies can do, and you say it's leaning scum?

I keep my vote.
In post 508, GamerRaptor wrote:Alright, I missed the point and I think that TC is innocent.

Mafia usually does OMGUS votes, and I haven't been voted out, which I'm glad of.
Anyway, why is everyone voting phokdapoles? I haven't seen him post at all.
Seems to be setting up a defense for phok
In post 511, GamerRaptor wrote:I've asked why phok is acting suspicous an hour ago and got no answer. ._.
Rather impatient eh?
In post 518, GamerRaptor wrote:Alright, since TC isn't specifing anything abuot why phok is scum, AND the fact that the only thing phok said was "sorry for being inactive D:"

THAT'S scumish?

VOTE: TC
More defense of phok
In post 528, GamerRaptor wrote:Wait... how am I suspicous?

And how is that evidence, TC? All you say is what YOU said. If you quoted other people saying phok is suspicous and maybe the posts that PHOK HIMSELF were suspicous, then maybe I would believe you.
More pushing on TC trying to shift the attention on him away from phok
In post 549, GamerRaptor wrote:What?

I read some of the posts. #23 and #54 HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PHOK. They are by BITMAPS. THEY DON'T EVEN HINT AT PHOK

Are you trying to make false opinions!? QUOTE something PHOK said.

(Excuse my lousy attitude, I got in a bad mood)
ahem, bitmap and phok were the same slot...
In post 555, GamerRaptor wrote:Okay, thank you for the logical evidence now.

I've reviewed it, and nothing really caught my attention, until the time when he "liked your posts" and then went to "main suspect"

I think he's trying to gain your trust, but then backstabbing you. Why would you do that? WHAT did TC do?

UNVOTE: TC UNVOTE: [unvote/]

VOTE: phok VOTE: [vote/]
trying to hammer
In post 556, GamerRaptor wrote:Ugh, didn't work. Let me try again.

UNVOTE: TC

VOTE: phok
the hammer...

I can see a case for GR being scum with phok

VOTE: Game Raptor

Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Skelda »

Rach, the only thing I'd worry is that if I live and we are wrong about GR, I could lose the game for us tomorrow, so I honestly think I might be the best lynch unless this suspicion of me stops.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by RachMarie »

wait are you saying you want to be lynched?

I am so confused here...

TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

Just less then five days left, and I'm struggling. Skelda's case against himself seems more convincing to me than my case against him, and that makes me feel not good about my case. Meanwhile, my opinion of a certain other party continues to decline rapidly.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm not pulling my intent on Skelda, but

Intent to hammer on Raptor
. We've got a few days left, let's milk them for what they're worth.

Convince me not to vote you Raptor.

I realize this post probably makes me look a little sketchy, but I'm not convinced that we'll win if we get to LyLo, so I want to make sure that we make the best lynch possible today. No need to rush imo.
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Alright, for one, I was confused. I never understood why everyone was lynching. I was not defending phok. I was neutral until TC gave me evidence that Phok was indeed very scummish, so I vote for him. I don't understand why everyone's going "oh hurdur he lynched a mafia he's scum" For god's sake, he's mafia. I know it's not against the rules to lynch mafia as mafia, but it makes no sense. If you believe this, then you need your brain checked. I'm serious. I'm trying to play the game, and then Skelda, out of nowhere, votes for me. So did Rach.

Skelda refernced "Blindy killing me and rach" AND THEN I GET VOTED FOR, BY SKELDA AND RACH. There has to be a connection.
how do bold
GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by GamerRaptor »

Look here, Skelda was confused aswell:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p5614594

It's a post Skelda made, where she\he was confused. So I vote for Phok, and he gets lynched, and he was mafia. I don't see why everyone is going "hurdurrr he just voted mafia, he' scumm" Listen, that is not a good reason to suddenly vote me out of the blue. I seriously advise that these guys are the next scum.
how do bold
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I did not vote for you because Skelda did, I voted for you based on the case I made. you seem awfully chummy with phok who flipped

wait for it

scum.

GamerRaptor
GamerRaptor
Townie
GamerRaptor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 am

Post by GamerRaptor »

Like I said, I lynched a mafia. I was confused. I didn't know what he did, then I get evidence from TC, so I lynch him, and he was mafia. I dunno why everyone is screaming "hurdurrr gr is scummy becuz he voted 4 scum hurdurr" I don't see what I did that's so scummish. Playing the last lynch is not something that you normally lynch for.
how do bold
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

I'm really curious what happened with Maurice. I'd like to hear his thoughts on this whole debacle as well.

Also @ Rach: What's your opinion on a Skelda lynch?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”