Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

randomidget (1) Inquisitor
House (1) texcat
(
Not voting
) numberQ, House, randomidget, davesaz, Reubus Swagrid, Aneninen
8 alive; 5 votes lynch.

Tracker here, n1 reubus dose nothing n2 anen does nothing.
Last edited by Korejora on Mon May 11, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:23 am

Post by House »

In post 600, Randomnamechange wrote:Tracker here, n1 reubus dose nothing n2 anen does nothing.

Yeah... I wasn't keen on voting you even w/out the claim.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Aneninen »

I did send a Nightkill and it never arrived.

So, if Randomidget is telling the truth, I've been Roleblocked. (That means, we have a Roleblocker too.)

However, I can see no viable scenarios where Randomidget is lying.

(1) Tracking me and saying that I visited nothing would be very risky. He couldn't know that I would say I'd been Roleblocked. In fact, unless Mitey targetted the Roleblocker at Night1 and the scums have Daytalk, he couldn't even have known about having a Roleblocker at all.
(2) If he's lyning and haven't Tracked me at all, where is my Nightkill? The only possibility would be the following: the player I targetted is Bulletproof Mafia. But in that case, there would be a liar
and
a scum and that simply doesn't add up.

________

The question is: could we win if we know who the Roleblocker is and we discuss every Night Action in public?

8 players, 1 scum, 3 PRs.
That means 5 unconfirmed players. Say, A, B, C, D, E.
We lynch A. Randomidget Tracks B, the Roleblocker Blocks C, I kill D. The scum kills one of us. Let's say, me.

Next Day. We have B, C, E. (If D is alive, they're Bulletproof Mafia.)
If there's a positive result on B, lynch B, otherwise E. (C is not confirmable, the Mafia can Nightkill D too.) Let's say, we lynch E. Randomidget Tracks B, the Roleblocker blocks C. The Mafia kills Randomidget.

Next Day. We have B and C and the Roleblocker. If the kill has been successful, it must have been B (C was Roleblocked). Lynch. If there was No Kill, it's still either B or C (the Mafia chose No Kill to WIFOM-ize), but Randomidget is alive. We lynch B... and C can't Nightkill because of getting Roleblocked. Game solved.

If the Mafia Kills Randomidget first (instead of me), we have B, C and E. We lynch E. The Roleblocker blocks C again, I kill B. Mafia kills me. We have C and a Roleblocker (if B is alive, he's Bulletproof Mafia, so instant lynch), which is a draw or scum win (according to the rules). Since we started with 5 unconfirmed players, there's 20% for that. If Mafia kills the Roleblocker, there's C and me, which is a draw (unless C is Bulletproof), that's 20%.

If the Mafia kills the Roleblocker first, we have B, C and E next Day. We lynch B, I kill E and the situation is similar. The Mafia kills me and wins, because the Tracker can't do anything about their next shot. 20%.

In the latter two cases I still can choose No Kill and it's a 3-player LyLo with a possible Tracking result. (Mind the possibility of a JOAT, which can send a Ninja-shot!)

If we have a Bodyguard too, the game is broken for sure.

________

Point out the errors in my thoughts!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Aneninen »

Wait, it's even better. If I'm still alive next Day, I can choose No Kill the Night after. That means a 2:1 for the last Day with a Roleblocker or me (which is either win or draw), or with Randomidget (which is a town win).

By the way, you may think that I'm lying. Actually the Roleblocker can confirm me if I'm close to Lynch. Let's assume that I'm scum. Who killed RIP then? I was Blocked so my shoot didn't reach the target, regardless of being a Vig or a Mafia. See?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 10:38 am

I'm confused
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by texcat »

Let's not get carried away. I'm far from convinced of Random's claim. It looks fairly safe to say that Anen went no where last night. After all, only RIP was killed and I don't think Aneninen would have killed RIP. As for Reubus going no where, I'm not so sure. Reubus, have you given away any clues that you are vanilla?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by texcat »

A Goon Cop, a Vig, a Tracker, and a Roleblocker. Four roles for town means that scum picked two powers. We've only seen the Role Cop.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by texcat »

@mod
Could we get some prods for the people who have not appeared on Day 4? Also I note that the thread heading still shows Night 3?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by numberQ »

Sorry, I saw the PM about daystart but then promptly forgot about it.

With one scum left, my money's on random or Swagrid. I'm far too tired on Benadryl at the moment to read through Ane's and tex's reactions to random's claim (I believe they're the only 2 who reacted? besides House's non-reaction), but I will say my first thought is: Why did you claim, random? You didn't have any tracks, you were not close to being lynched, and no one was asking you to.

Until about Wednesday next week, I won't be able to give a lot of attention to this game because of finals. I wouldn't quite say it's VLA, but I still want to give a heads up.
Hey!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Same reason as anen. With one scum left in an open we should massclaim and figure out the liars.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 608, numberQ wrote:Sorry, I saw the PM about daystart but then promptly forgot about it.

With one scum left, my money's on random or Swagrid. I'm far too tired on Benadryl at the moment to read through Ane's and tex's reactions to random's claim (I believe they're the only 2 who reacted? besides House's non-reaction), but I will say my first thought is: Why did you claim, random? You didn't have any tracks, you were not close to being lynched, and no one was asking you to.

Until about Wednesday next week, I won't be able to give a lot of attention to this game because of finals. I wouldn't quite say it's VLA, but I still want to give a heads up.

So you're suggesting that I would hammer and vote both scum and hope to solo town, knowing that there are town PR's in the setup which could make short work of me rather quickly. Mitey had a chance to get away, if he were my scumbuddy why would I have voted him and put him at L-1? You would also be suggesting that I bussed scum D1, rather than letting someone else do it as I think scum would?

Picking at low hanging fruit mate
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 9:15 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 605, texcat wrote:Let's not get carried away. I'm far from convinced of Random's claim. It looks fairly safe to say that Anen went no where last night. After all, only RIP was killed and I don't think Aneninen would have killed RIP. As for Reubus going no where, I'm not so sure. Reubus, have you given away any clues that you are vanilla?

You might be right. However, that still would have been a risky thing if Random were scum. 8 players, 1 PR is out, 1 PR is me and there are 1–3 other PRs. (If he were scum he would know the answer for that, unless he were a Traitor.) He could have chosen anyone else for his Tracking fake-claim and with a 67% chance he would have found a VT. Also, there's no Innocent Child. There's a known Goon Cop and a Vig. He could have been (or could be, if he's faking) counter-claimed by a real Tracker, which would mean an auto-loss.

In post 606, texcat wrote:A Goon Cop, a Vig, a Tracker, and a Roleblocker. Four roles for town means that scum picked two powers. We've only seen the Role Cop.

I'm virtually confirmed. If I ever got near to lynch, the Roleblocker would confirm me. (Yet again: if I were scum, it would be sure that Random was telling the truth. I got Roleblocked, regardless of my alignment. But, if that were true, who would have sent the Nightkill? There can't be "another" wig. If there were, I would have been counterclaimed on Day2!)

In post 610, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
So you're suggesting that I would hammer and vote both scum and hope to solo town, knowing that there are town PR's in the setup which could make short work of me rather quickly. Mitey had a chance to get away, if he were my scumbuddy why would I have voted him and put him at L-1? You would also be suggesting that I bussed scum D1, rather than letting someone else do it as I think scum would?

That sounds like a WIFOM.
Basically, both Jeanne and Mitey were going down. Regardless of your vote.

By the way, during the Night I checked a couple of things and I don't think House is the remaining scum.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 10:39 am

Yeah, this feels like town house.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:36 am

Post by davesaz »

Scum can know how many roles but not which ones. Tending to believe claims so far. Wondering about Inquisitor. Reubus not cleared by no action n1. Mobile post will try to add later.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 611, Aneninen wrote:By the way, during the Night I checked a couple of things and I don't think House is the remaining scum.

Could you explain?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by House »

In post 614, texcat wrote:
In post 611, Aneninen wrote:By the way, during the Night I checked a couple of things and I don't think House is the remaining scum.

Could you explain?

He checked his role PM and noticed my name wasn't listed.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by House »

I'm being sarcastic, btw... I'm not reading Anen as scum. I was leaning that way, but his recent posting is hella town. He's way too excited about what he's figured out earlier on in this page for it to be a fabrication. It feels legit.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 3:12 am

Post by Aneninen »

Could you explain?

Later, Texcat. I found something in his posts which, unless I'm an idiot, is a towntell.

In post 615, House wrote:

Could you explain?

He checked his role PM and noticed my name wasn't listed.

You're a genius!
Your name wasn't listed in my Role PM, because it contained none of your names. ^_^

________

The player I like least now is Davesaz.
(1) I've played with him a couple of times and as a town, he was a mislynch magnet many times. But now, he's cautious and hardly posts anything. (With 19 posts he's the second least frequent poster in this game.)

(2) Let's check his ISO.
may be genuine but it happened shortly after Jeanne's terribly scummy post.
looks as an attempt to "soft-clear" her.
His next post is . At that point Jeanne was at L–1. He answered a post from Randomidget. Leaving out 120 posts and answering a relatively new one while someone was at L–1... It mmmmight not be scummy but it's definitely not constructive.
Asks Inquisitor about his naked vote. Very little conversation with him in . This, and (asking House) and (answering NumberQ about Reubus), maybe (about me and my questions) looks like he'd been trying to "test the waters" all the time. (Inquisitor again) confirms this.

(3) Assuming House is town, is scummy. Not only the vote, but also the soft-defense he made on Mitey.

VOTE: Davesaz
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:35 am

Post by davesaz »

It's actual lack of time. Sometimes I'm on top of things and sometimes I'm not.

I don't see why you think 424 is testing the waters -- I wasn't sure what you were actually trying to ask.
House's defense of Jeanne was scummy, and his reaction to the discussion on it was moreso. What's the townslip you're referring to?
Mitey's behavior was lurky, so I wasn't convinced at that time.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 am

Post by davesaz »

I said Inquisitor wasn't inquisitive enough. At the time I was extremely short of time and it was not convenient to post quotes.

In post 485, Inquisitor wrote:BBT probably got shot because he was too town, and I didn't put any stock into the scumslip thing.
I don't know why you're pushing this idea so hard, Anen.

In post 488, Inquisitor wrote:Honestly I'm just waiting for Anen to deliver
something
. I've seen absolutely nothing that warrants me moving my vote.

In post 525, Inquisitor wrote:
Aneninen (1) randomidget
House (1) texcat
MiteyMouse (3) RIP, numberQ, Inquisitor
(Not voting) House, davesaz, Reubus Swagrid, MiteyMouse, Aneninen
10 alive; 6 votes lynch.

VOTE: Mitey
I'm okay with rolling with my townreads on this one. I'm not really sure where to go from here so maybe they see something that I don't.

Pedit: It happens, not trying to be mean or anything. If anything, it ties up a loose end which is still nice.

In post 585, Inquisitor wrote:Honestly the scumteam is probably something boring like Mitey/random.
I can't come up with reasons to lynch anyone else in the game aside from those two.

I see a lot of going with the flow here. No controversial stances, no attempt to hunt scum or determine anyone's alignment. Perfect place to hide as scum, and being on both wagons in a primarily sheeping role just adds to that.
VOTE: Inquisitor
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:48 am

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, thought i had more quotes there...
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:52 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 32, Inquisitor wrote:VOTE: Jeanne

In post 128, Inquisitor wrote:
In post 125, Jeanne11 wrote:
Reubus Swagrid (1) davesaz
Inquisitor (2) Reubus Swagrid, Aneninen
BlueBloodedToffee (2) Jeanne11, RIP
Jeanne11 (3) BlueBloodedToffee, Inquisitor, numberQ
randomidget (1) texcat
RIP (1) MiteyMouse
numberQ (1) randomidget
(Not voting) Creative
12 alive. 7 votes lynch.

In post 121, Jeanne11 wrote:Congrats, you have a brain. Most of others I've played before on those other sites have none. Nice to meet someone with a brain. I am Jeanne.

^That one was a response to your questions. Also, suppose you're right and I am scum. Lynching me helps you nothing in this case, for you only would manage to cut off one head of the dragon and have a couple more to contend with, whom may or not be easy to catch.

Are you, like, claiming scum?

Picture yourself as scum. You naked RVS vote your partner, and then by the time you come back you find this going down. This looks like a scum version of "OMG
please
say it's a joke". He obviously can't abandon the wagon without Jeanne giving him a reason.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 am

Post by texcat »

As much as I want House to be scum, I think Aneninen makes a pretty good case for Dave.
UNVOTE: House
VOTE: daveaz

Re . Coordinating PR night targets might make sense. In order to leave some wine for scum though, would it make sense to let Random track either A or B and Aneninen vig C or D and the roleblocker could block E or F. (If the roleblocker hasn't claimed there would be 6 unknowns.)
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

Dave, I'm sorry if town unanimously decides that your team is really obvious and makes their lynches uncontroversial but them's the breaks.
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

"Sheeping thread sentiment onto scum is scummy."

Seriously.
Dave.

Return to “Completed Open Games”