Scumleague FF 2017 (1 ACL and counting...)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

L2

Division 1
PEG (7-5) is projected to beat gam (6-6) by 70 which would clinch the division for PEG. Gam left a suspended Crabtree In and last made a change to his lineup in week 11. This loss would also eliminate Gam from playoff contention. PEG's win would also eliminate Kmd (5-7) from playoff contention.

Division 2
Racefan (9-3) is projected to lose to Wraith (4-8) by 10, so that could still go either way. Racefan has already clinched the division but could lock up the top seed with a win and a Jahudo loss.
Poker (6-6) is projected to lose to Locke by 6. A loss would eliminate him from playoff contention.

Division 3
Jahudo (8-4) is projected to lose to Panzer (6-6) by 6 points, so that could also go either way.
Pablito (7-5) is projected to beat hascow (7-5) by 9 in another close one. Whoever loses this would be eliminated from Conte ton for the division if Jahudo win. The wild card would also come out of this division if Gam loses AND Poker loses
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Wraith »

Me: Okay let's check the scores...oh hey I'm actually up by 8. Who's left to play?

Me: Philly D

Him: Antonio Brown

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I'm locked to playoffs with a top 2 seed. Neato.

My best year in L1 was my autodraft year. That makes me feel just great about my drafting skill.

Meanwhile, Josh Gordon got 85 yards against a solid passing defense in his first game back. I think I have to insert him into my playoff lineup, given that my three starting WRs this week were Tyreek Hill, TY Hilton, and Sterling Shephard. We'll see how that goes for me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yw. I had dropped Gordon b/c I figured that I don't go to the playoffs.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I lost and Gamesbre is currently projected to lose by 50 so wild card fight is between Panzer, Cow, and pablito. My team did well against non division opponents and sucked against divisional ones this season. I really wish Chris Thompson and Chris Carson had not both had season ending injuries. Blount was an ok to bad RB2. If I had a better one, I think I could have been alright. Most of my drafted players are still on my team so I am doing well staying in league 2, but just short of chances of getting out of it for 3 years in a row
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by PJ. »

So how does Tiebreakers work? And how does promotion/relegation work? Do the entire playoffs go to l1? Is gamsimbre gonna get relegated for not setting his roster against peg this week?

Also count me in on the DDD argument of hating divisions. No more divisions, only 10 teams next year please.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 605, PJ. wrote: Only 10 teams next year please.
Yo man 2004 called and want their 10 team standard back.

whewlads.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

10 teams is so much of a fucking joke. Just draft better and make smarter wire pickups. If anything, I'd argue to reduce the bench size before axeing two teams.

The bottom 4 in L1 (9, 10, 11, 12) go to L2

Top 3 in L2 go to L1.

last place in l2 goes to L3

Winner of L3 goes to L1.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

presuming no automatic demotion(s) for not setting lineups and whatever.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 606, pickemgenius wrote:
In post 605, PJ. wrote: Only 10 teams next year please.
Yo man 2004 called and want their 10 team standard back.

whewlads.
10 trams is still the standard zzzzzzz
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 607, Nero Cain wrote:10 teams is so much of a fucking joke. Just draft better and make smarter wire pickups. If anything, I'd argue to reduce the bench size before axeing two teams.

This is the stupidest paragraph I've ever read, congrats.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 am

Post by PJ. »

Alright, so...does division record factor into the wild card tie break
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

To be fair, even if you add in gam's bench points, he needed to find probably 30-40 points on the waiver wire to win this week. Last week's loss was possibly preventable but didn't hurt anyone except himself. And had he won this week, I still needed to win out, have PEG lose out, and take the tiebreaker. If the tiebreaker is total points, I came Into the week 170 back and didn't put a dent in that this week. If it's division record I had a shot but I don't think it is. So it probably didn't change anything except his own playoff chances and overall rank toward promotion and relegation.

It would be worse if it was in L1 or affected other teams. That doesn't appear to be the case. Mith has made these decisions in the past, but personally I'm not convinced it was a huge deal.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 am

Post by PJ. »

Right, when he(wrongly) relegated me from L1 for inactivity it didn't affect results either, but he's been gone 2 weeks. so like..that's inactive. And him missing last week probably saved you from relegation. So like...he gets to go to L3. Enjoy.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

*shrug*

I posted the facts. That's all I'm interested in.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 610, PJ. wrote:
In post 607, Nero Cain wrote:10 teams is so much of a fucking joke. Just draft better and make smarter wire pickups. If anything, I'd argue to reduce the bench size before axeing two teams.

just for shits and giggles what even is your argument for a 10 team league?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 614, Kmd4390 wrote:*shrug*

The facts are that he could of put you in relegation. But he didn't set his lineup. So.....what facts.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 615, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 610, PJ. wrote:

More options. You actually can waiver playable personnel instead of the best WR option from FA being Dede westbrook or Ryan Grant. You can actual waiver wire players that aren't lottery picks. And "drafting better" isn't really a solution to the problem. Players get hurt(ie. David Johnson, Odell Beckham, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Olsen, or any other number of top 5/10 projected players in their position). Some players under perform due to other people getting injured(Mike Evans a good example here). Being able to solve those problems in a satisfactory way that doesn't involve playing the lottery every week on a no-name scrub is actually nice.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Sorry, if we relegated panzer then they should be too.

As should whoever the l1 commish is for not fixing our schedule 6 weeks ago before it became a problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 616, PJ. wrote:
In post 614, Kmd4390 wrote:*shrug*

The facts are that he could of put you in relegation. But he didn't set his lineup. So.....what facts.
Which is only true if he gets relegated in which case the conversation would be pointless to have. And even that assumes he could have made up 70 points or whatever it is. And I covered that in my post when I said he hurt his own overall rank in terms or promotion/relegation. And if he isn't in relegation range, relegating him saves someone anyway which doesn't really solve that issue.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

Post by mith »

I would have to review the details (which I can do because I can see L2), but not setting your lineup for multiple weeks certainly could trigger automatic relegation. Whether or not it affected someone else's status is not particularly relevant.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:03 am

Post by mith »

In post 598, mith wrote:Still time for some big comebacks, but L3 is on its way to being set after the early games today:

Division 1

Xalxe (8-4) is projected to beat D3f3nd3r (6-6) by 42.
mith (7-5) is projected to beat Charles510 (4-8) by 15.
Xalxe vs. mith Week 14 will be for the division if those hold, but the way everything else is falling we will both have already clinched playoffs.

Division 2

PenguinPower (7-5) is projected to beat Reck (5-7) by 25 to clinch the division.
ZachRulez (5-7) is also projected to lose to Assemblerotws (4-8) in a game that doesn't matter if PenguinPower and I win.

Division 3

Sharon (10-2) is projected to beat TwoInAMillion (6-6) by 30. Sharon had already clinched the division, and this will clinch the 1 seed (which was already basically a sure thing, with a 2 game and 96 point lead on Xalxe).
Mjollnir (6-6) is projected to lose to Nero (4-8) by 15.

The actual playoff matchups will depend on week 14 scores. Xalxe could be about 50 points ahead of me, so he's likely the 2 seed even if I win the division. PenguinPower is likely to be trailing me by about 20 points, so he can take the 3 seed by winning while I lose, or by outscoring me by enough.
Charles510 now needs 22.6 from the Pittsburgh defense to catch me; Yahoo gives that a 1% chance of happening.

Mjollnir has tightened things up against Nero though, and is only projected to lose by 5. He needs 18.39+ from Antonio Brown, which Yahoo gives a 35% chance. This would keep that last playoff spot alive into week 14.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Sephiroth »

We have a FF league? TIL.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 617, PJ. wrote:
In post 615, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 610, PJ. wrote:

More options. You actually can waiver playable personnel instead of the best WR option from FA being Dede westbrook or Ryan Grant. You can actual waiver wire players that aren't lottery picks. And "drafting better" isn't really a solution to the problem. Players get hurt(ie. David Johnson, Odell Beckham, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Olsen, or any other number of top 5/10 projected players in their position). Some players under perform due to other people getting injured(Mike Evans a good example here). Being able to solve those problems in a satisfactory way that doesn't involve playing the lottery every week on a no-name scrub is actually nice.
The difference would only be about 10 WRs total. There’s not much of a differences between the 51st best WR (best non-rostered WR in a 10 team league assuming everyone has 5 WRs) and the 61st best (12-team). The difference last year was between DeVante Parker (98.4 points) and Terrence Williams (81.4). Both suck. And everyone is picking from the same boat.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Gamesbre and KMD play each other next week. Both should be tied at 6-7. Loser will be 6-8. Looking at odds and status of other teams in league 6-8 is almost a guaranteed relegation. Especially for a low scoring team. If gamesbre does not set his lineup again, then I think he will be relegated. Allow me to explain

After week 10, gamesbre led division 1 because him and peg had the same overall record and gamesbre had a better divisional record. I was 5th after that week. Week 11, Peg won, Game lost, I lost. I moved to 4th place overall. How you ask? Games record overall was now worse than Pegs. Because Games overall record was worse, the division record did not matter. Peg led division 1 after week 11. Gamesbre was now 7th. And I was then 4th. Overall record matters most. If and only if there is a tie there then division record matters next. If there is no tie, then score is used to decide wild card.

Pablito has beaten Cow already this week. If Jahudo loses to panzer then Jahudo and Pablito will both be 8-5. Pabs division record will be 4-1, Jahudo's will be 2-3. Pablito will be division leader but he will still be 4th seed as Jahudo will have a higher overall score.

Assuming all predictions pan out, this week will lead to:
1. Racefan 10-3 or 9-4 (Clinches seed 1 if 10-6)
2. Peg 8-5 Has most points in league
3. Jahudo 8-5 has second most points of 8-6's
4. Pablito Has least points of 8-5's but will have marker of best in division 3 by his name
5. Cow or panzer (Both will have have same division and overall record. Who has higher score is 5th) (both 7-6)
6. Cow or panzer (Both will have have same division and overall record. Who has lower score is 6th) (both 7-6)
7. Highest score of 6-7's I believe this is me
8. Next Highest score of 6-7's I believe this is KMD assuming he beats t-bone
9. Next Highest score of 6-7's I believe this is lamora
10. lowest score of 6-7's I believe this is gamesbre
11. Wraith who will be either 5-8 or 4-9
12. Tbone 2-11 or 3-10

Tbone is relegated

Wraith's odds of relegation are high (Will need to win tonight despite projections. Will need lots of points and a loss from lamora, me next week) Wraith plays lamora next week

Again Loser of KMD vs Gamesbre is gonna be 6-8. So I think gamesbre is gonna be relegated if they don't set their lineup again as KMD should win and gamesbre will be too low on points to best lamora or myself. Also if Lamora and I both win then loser of KMD vs Gamesbre point level does not matter. They will be relegated
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”