Yawesome

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:40 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Dranko20 (5): Otaku376, big_kahunia, Myopia, vikingfan, MMCL
vikingfan (2): PookyTheMagicalBear, Maximumum
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): Assasin

Not Voting: CoolBot, Dranko20, Quailman, Uraj45

For big_kahunia's benefit, looking for 7 votes to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

well that's a ridiculous role, why would we need TWO interpreters when there's only TWO languages? In the case that you are actually the Ashanti interpreter, you should be able to allow the governmental roles to work as well since you know both languages.

Since the governmental roles don't work, you must be lying scum.

unvote

vote dranko20
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:00 am

Post by Maximumum »

That role sounds made up and convenient. That, paired with the analysis from BK and Myopia, justifies a change in vote.
unvote

vote: dranko
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:18 am

Post by Yaw »

Final Vote Count:

Dranko20 (7): Otaku376, big_kahunia, Myopia, vikingfan, MMCL, PookyTheMagicalBear, Maximumum
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): Assasin

Not Voting: CoolBot, Dranko20, Quailman, Uraj45

As Dranko gets pointed out by some of the townsfolk, he screams, "Don't lynch me! I'm a linguist too! You need me!"

It is not enough to save him from the executioner. After he is dead, you find that you did not need him at all. In fact, from the papers on him plotting your collective demise, he's probably better off dead.

Dranko20, Fanti Asafo Leader (Mafia Godfather), lynched Day 6.

Congratulations, town, he was the last scum.

Roles and night choices coming shortly.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:25 am

Post by Yaw »

Roles:

Fanti

Fanti Asafo Leader (Dranko20):
You lead a group of Fanti infiltrators. Along with Talitha and mathcam, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by sending me their name by PM, and the member of your group that is to do the killing. Should you die, Talitha will take over your role of sending in PMs.
Mod Note: Investigations give “innocent” result (adjusted for sanity). Investigation by the Akuapem Spy will give the same result as if the Spy were roleblocked.

Fanti Asafo (Talitha):
You are part of a group of Fanti infiltrators. Along with Dranko20, your leader, and mathcam, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by having Dranko20 send me their name by PM, along with the member of your group that is to do the killing. Should Dranko20 die, you will take over the role of sending in PMs.

Fanti Asafo Elite Warrior (mathcam):
You are part of a group of Fanti infiltrators. Along with Dranko20, your leader, and Talitha, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by having Dranko20 send me their name by PM, along with the member of the group that is to do the killing. In addition, provided that you are not sent out to kill, you may waylay any player to prevent him/her from performing his/her night choice by sending me his/her name by PM. Should you be the only one left in your group, you may decide each night whether to kill or roleblock. You will not be able to do both.

Akuapem

Akuapem Leader (Coron):
You lead a group of Akuapem infiltrators. Along with Mastermind of Sin and olio, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by sending me their name by PM, and the member of your group that is to do the killing. Should you die, Mastermind of Sin will take over your role of sending in PMs.
Mod Note: Investigations give “innocent” result (adjusted for sanity).

Akuapem (Mastermind of Sin):
You are part of a group of Akuapem infiltrators. Along with Coron, your leader, and olio, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by having Coron send me their name by PM, along with the member of your group that is to do the killing. Should Coron die, you will take over the role of sending in PMs.

Akuapem Spy (olio):
You are part of a group of Akuapem infiltrators. Along with Coron, your leader, and Mastermind of Sin, your mission is to destroy everyone else in this town. At night, you may discuss amongst yourselves, and kill one player by having Coron send me their name by PM, along with the member of the group that is to do the killing. In addition, provided that you are not sent out to kill, you may investigate any player to find out his/her role by sending me his/her name by PM. Should you be the only one left in your group, you may decide each night whether to kill or investigate. You will not be able to do both.

Other Anti-Town

Christian Missionary (Maximus):
There may be a lot of killing going around, but you know what’s
really
important – winning souls for Jesus! Each night you can select one player to convert to Christianity, by PMing me their name. Some players may not be convertible, and you will be informed if your attempts are successful. Christians may speak at night by PM. You win when your fellow Christians are the only ones left.
Mod Note: Only pro-town players without an ability can be recruited

Ashanti

Fetish Priest (Internet Stranger):
You are the repository for religious knowledge in this town. Normally, that involves helping people and performing at celebrations, in which you are possessed by one of the Gods. With the recent danger, you are turning your abilities towards a more immediately practical use. Each night you can choose one player to have a vision about, by PMing me their name. The Gods will not interpret your vision for you – that’s entirely up to your own abilities.
Mod Note: sane

Fetish Priest (Myopia):
You are the repository for religious knowledge in this town. Normally, that involves helping people and performing at celebrations, in which you are possessed by one of the Gods. With the recent danger, you are turning your abilities towards a more immediately practical use. Each night you can choose one player to have a vision about, by PMing me their name. The Gods will not interpret your vision for you – that’s entirely up to your own abilities.
Mod Note: insane

Fetish Priest (Locus Cosecant):
Mod Note: paranoid

Traditional Healer (NanookTheWolf/nonny/big_kahunia):
You are a trained herbalist, and an expert at your craft. Each night you can choose one player to visit, who you will be able to heal if there is an attempt made on his/her life, by PMing me their name.

Healer’s Apprentice (Narninian):
You are a herbalist-in-training, and still working at picking up your craft. Normally you’d let the healer do all the work, but with the recent danger you are willing to try for yourself. Each night you can choose one player to visit, who you will have a 50% chance of healing if there is an attempt on his/her life, by PMing me their name.

Chief (Uraj45):
Though only recently installed and keeping your identity secret after what happened to your predecessor, you still maintain the traditional power associated with the position. Each vote you cast will count as two votes. This will only work as long as the Linguist is alive.
Mod Note: If Linguist dies, ability disappears. The Chief will be informed if this happens.

Queen Mother (Quagmire/PookyTheMagicalBear):
Though only recently installed and keeping your identity secret after what happened to your predecessor, you still maintain the traditional power associated with the position. Once in the game, you can prevent a lynch by PMing me the name of the person you want to pardon before nightfall. This will only work as long as the Linguist is alive.
Mod Note: If Linguist dies, ability disappears. The Queen Mother will be informed if this happens.

Linguist (AndrewS):
Your job is to speak for the traditional government, elaborating on their speech with traditional proverbs and the like, while also providing translation. The abilities of those in government will only function as long as you are still alive.

Master Drummer (Maximumum):
You are not only a great musician, but also the repository for musical knowledge in this town. Once during the game, you can drum kete, which will affect night choices, influencing them in favour of the town. This must be indicated by PMing me to that effect
during the day
before the night you want to drum. There must be at least five players on the side of the town both at the beginning and at the end of the night for this to be successful, as you need them to drum accompaniment.
Mod Note: No player may be killed the night this ability is used.

Palm Wine Maker (Otaku376):
Your art is the tapping of palm trees. The sap, when exposed to the air, ferments into a pleasant alcoholic drink…that gets more potent as the day progresses. By night, the alcoholic content is enough to incapacitate most people. Each night, you can give someone your palm wine to prevent him/her from performing a night action by PMing me their name.

Orange Seller (vikingfan):
You sell freshly picked oranges to the town. The recent troubles have hampered your business. Get it back by ridding the town of all evil forces. You have no special abilities.

Bronze Smith (CoolBot):
The Ashanti are very well known for their use of gold, at one time using gold dust as a currency. In order to standardize this currency, they made use of gold weights, smithed from bronze. This weight smithing is your job in town. Otherwise, you have no special abilities. Bring the town back to safety by getting rid of all anti-town forces.

Kente Weaver (MMCL):
You weave some of the most beautiful cloth in the world. Sadly, your cloth is not a priority when evil is afoot (the market for Adinkra cloth, worn for funerals, is booming). Defend your market by destroying all evil forces. Your role has no special abilities.

Potter (PeaceBringer):
You make and sell clay pots for the town. You have no other abilities. Rid the town of everyone that wants to destroy it to win.

Wood Carver (big_kahunia):
There are many Ashanti wood crafts – drums, stools, staffs, games, as well as the more practical furniture. As good as you are at making all of these, your craft isn’t particularly useful in dealing with the danger to your town. You’ll have to use your wits and your vote to get rid of those that threaten to destroy your community.

Fishmonger (Assasin):
As a fisherman, you catch fish (mostly delicious tilapia) from the nearby Abu River. You have no special abilities. You win when the town wins, by ridding this town of all evil.

Plantain Seller (Quailman):
You sell plantains in the market, which are used to make everyone’s dinner of fufu. Plantain growing and picking won’t help you in the current crisis, though. Get rid of all the anti-town forces to win.

English Settler (Leonidas):
Hey, oburoni! Life in England got boring, so you moved out here to the colonies. You quite enjoy it here, despite the sad lack of quality tea and good books. Be a good chap and help the locals with their problem – evil forces trying to destroy them. You have no special abilities.
Success breeds suspicion
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:25 am

Post by vikingfan »

Alright, I'm giving everyone a big fat I-Told-You-So(specifically, mathcam, olio-though olio was justifiable because he was scum- Pooky, and Maximumum).

Thanks to Myopia, Coolbot, etc, for sticking by me the whole game.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:28 am

Post by Yaw »

Night Choices:

Night 1:

Mastermind of Sin kills PeaceBringer (successful)
Talitha kills Leonidas (successful)
Internet Stranger investigates Talitha (blocked by mathcam, no result)
Locus Cosecant investigates Mastermind of Sin (guilty result, paranoid)
mathcam roleblocks Internet Stranger
Maximumum can’t drum night 1
Maximus converts Internet Stranger (unsuccessful, Internet Stranger is not a townie)
Myopia investigates Talitha (innocent result, insane)
NanookTheWolf heals Talitha
Narninian tries to heal Talitha
olio investigates Leonidas (Leonidas is an English Settler)
Otaku376 does not roleblock

Night 2:

Coron kills Talitha (successful)
Dranko20 kills AndrewS (successful)
Internet Stranger investigates Maximumum (innocent result, sane)
Locus Cosecant investigates Internet Stranger (blocked by mathcam, no result)
mathcam roleblocks Locus Cosecant
Maximumum doesn’t drum
Maximus converts Quagmire (unsuccessful, Quagmire is not a townie)
Myopia investigates mathcam (innocent result, insane)
nonny heals Locus Cosecant
Narninian tries to heal Locus Cosecant
olio investigates MMCL (MMCL is a Kente Weaver)
Otaku376 roleblocks Quagmire

Night 3:

Coron kills Internet Stranger (successful)
Dranko20 kills Narninian (successful)
Internet Stranger investigates Myopia (innocent result, sane)
Locus Cosecant does not investigate
mathcam roleblocks Locus Cosecant
Maximumum doesn’t drum
Myopia investigates Quagmire (guilty result, insane)
nonny heals Locus Cosecant
Narninian tries to heal Locus Cosecant
olio investigates Maximumum (Maximumum is the Master Drummer)
Otaku376 roleblocks Assasin

Night 4:

Coron kills Locus Cosecant (blocked by drumming)
Dranko20 kills MMCL (blocked by drumming)
Locus Cosecant investigates Coron (guilty result, paranoid)
Maximumum drums
Myopia investigates vikingfan (guilty result, insane)
nonny heals Myopia
olio investigates Uraj45 (Uraj45 is the Chief)
Otaku376 roleblocks CoolBot

Night 5:

olio kills big_kahunia (successful)
Dranko20 kills Locus Cosecant (successful)
Locus Cosecant investigates nonny (guilty result, paranoid)
Myopia investigates nonny (guilty result, insane)
nonny heals Myopia
Otaku376 roleblocks CoolBot

Night 6:

Dranko20 kills Myopia (blocked by Otaku376)
Myopia investigates Otaku376 (guilty result, insane)
big_kahunia heals Myopia
Otaku376 roleblocks Dranko20
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:32 am

Post by Yaw »

Comments? I think to a degree this fell victim to Yaw's Theory of Probability (when I'm around, weird improbable stuff happens frequently), in that PeaceBringer took down scum in his only two investigations as a paranoid cop, and Maximus really did have a decent set of people to recruit from and could never seem to find one. Nevertheless, the town did very well.
Success breeds suspicion
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:32 am

Post by Otaku376 »

what a great game, thanks Yaw!
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:34 am

Post by MMCL »

Great game - thanks :)

Well done to Olio... quite a performance you led us through ;)
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Quailman »

Thanks for modding this. You must have done a lot of research to prepare the roles. And Yay, town!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:23 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Fun game Yaw. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:06 pm

Post by Myopia »

Wow surprised that the game is over. We didnt miss a lynch!

We got very lucky with locus's investigations. I dont think anyone even dreamt he was paranoid. And for some reason the scum seemed rather noticeable this game. They certainly had an awful time claiming. Note all the attention talitha got night 1!

I thought the set-up was quite balanced. Well done mod and thanks to everyone else.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Post by olio »

Thanks everyone, I had great time :)

Now what is the probability that paranoid cop investigates only scums? Good picks on your part too, Myopia! Pity Coron was lynched so fast as I was prepared to come down hard on Locus at that point but didn't have time and later it wasn't as effective when he was proven really to be a cop.

Oh, and beautiful timing with your drumming Maximumum. I think that was the final blow which brought scum down.

with joy, Olio
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Post by olio »

Thanks everyone, I had great time :)

Now what is the probability that paranoid cop investigates only scums? Good picks on your part too, Myopia! Pity Coron was lynched so fast as I was prepared to come down hard on Locus at that point but didn't have time and later it wasn't as effective when he was proven really to be a cop.

Oh, and beautiful timing with your drumming Maximumum. I think that was the final blow which brought scum down.

with joy, Olio
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:57 am

Post by Maximumum »

What an awesome game! Yaw, your attention to detail and immense flavour was fantastic. Thanks so much.

Vikingfan, my sincere apologies. ;) I promise to buy all my oranges from you from now on.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:19 am

Post by Quailman »

It's rather amazing that we killed 7 bad guys from two groups and a cult leader, while only losing 7 good guys. I had some distractions and was not able to participate as much as I'd have liked. I was a little surprised that I didn't draw any attention because of that.

As a retail vendor (plantains), I immediately believed vikingfan's orange seller claim, as he was the first to claim a retail merchant's role. I think he was a vote or two from being lynched at that point.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:53 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

I'm not paranoid! They really
are
all out to get me! :D
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:49 am

Post by vikingfan »

Yep.

In any case, it was a great game. I'm surprised that I survived all the way through considering how many people I had to fend off. Great game Yaw!

Not bad either with the lynches-we finished in pretty much the minimum amount of time :shock:
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:06 am

Post by Myopia »

Yaw as a side issue one small difficulty I had is the use of the same role pm for locus, IS and me. It was obvious when locus claimed and paraphrased his role that we had the same pm. I think the "repository of religious knowledge" part would have done that alone. That confused me alot given your game rule that comparison of role pm's would be useless because each pm was changed.

That small issue aside I think that was the best modded game ive played in thanks.
ralphmerridew-1
ralphmerridew-1
Townie
ralphmerridew-1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:27 am

Post by ralphmerridew-1 »

Could the Chief or Queen Mother have been recruited after the death of the Linguist?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:29 am

Post by Yaw »

As written no. I actually hadn't considered the possibility, but it seems unlikely following along the storyline. If anyone's going to be immune to conversion, it's going to be the leaders.
Success breeds suspicion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

well, the game looked fun, except no one believed my claim...:(...it took me an HOUR to write that, too...
Permanent V/LA.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2005 10:20 pm

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”