Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 648, Plessiezarus wrote:
Wait, what is the "it" you "wouldn't mention"?

You
didn't bring up the Marvel game. You just said: "I don't remember the last time Zar played a Westerosi game". And that wasn't something you brought up spontaneously -- it was when you were challenged by Cerulean about your ability to read me/Zar.
Tammy
was the one to point out that Zar played in the Marvel game. I mean, once she does that you can either say "oh, yeah, now I remember" or you can say you don't remember the game. It would obviously have been weird if you'd just ignored her post entirely. But it wasn't something you brought up yourself.
Well I meant more in the sense I'm asking Tammy about the Zar meta in that game, where I could've just undermined that?

In post 648, Plessiezarus wrote:I'd like to try to clarify exactly why you think Vifam is town, too. When (were?) you convinced by the exchange with Benmage you quoted?

Now? That exchange was to show that Benmage and Vifam talked about Vifam's meta and he even linked a game, in which he had A LOT of non-game relevant posts, so the fact that Zar is mentioning him not having much content as scummy is scummy.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 am

Post by ActionDan »

UNVOTE:

incidentally SD was someone I didn't read at all.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Also, Zar, you look like you've done a lot of work backstage, but have been somewhat missing on thread, and not really interacting much. Is there a reason for that?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 533, camn wrote:OK.. I can see that.
I read that as Cerulean still carrying on a little bit about our ADMITTEDLY OFF TOPIC discussion of hydras.. But reading it now I can see what you are saying.

Cerulean- is that what that was? were you defending Plez against me?

I was discussing the hydra situation and attempting to get work out my read on both of you.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 652, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also, Zar, you look like you've done a lot of work backstage, but have been somewhat missing on thread, and not really interacting much. Is there a reason for that?

You mean, besides the fact I'm running a game in Westeros?

I tend to read the game following along my impressions on what players post. It's why Pless often makes reference of me leaving him quick notes on AIM; I find he's a lot better organizing our thoughts while I like to think of myself as the better gut reader of us two.
Besides allowing me to torture Pless into posting on D1

~Zar.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Zdenek »

Unvote

I get the case that some people are pushing on SafetyDance, but there's enough in his ISO that reads as genuine that I wouldn't bet on him being scum.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 574, DeasVail wrote:If Zar likes being scum though (and hasn't been scum/played in a while) wouldn't he be more eager about things?

My thoughts on Pless are pretty limited right now. It's basically that Pless is possibly trying too hard to be chatty. Sometimes his posts take on a kind of conversational(?) style that I think could be fake. Other than that... I nothing much either way, but I don't find them particularly scummy for now.

Yes, I would expect him to be more eager, which was part of my point. He has played recently on mafiascum though, it's just been a few months from our other site.

Pless is writing in his normal style though.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 649, Plessiezarus wrote:basically because I don't understand why McStab found Nostredeus' vote of Shadoweh suspicious, since he had been voting Shadoweh himself.

Which post are you referring to here?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 am

Post by BT »

Uh, yeah, my activity here stagnated a bit but I'll get right on it.

Dan, why's Shadoweh super obvious town? I'll go with it if you insist but still curious.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 580, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 369, Baby Spice wrote:

In post 444, Cerulean wrote:
But, baby, what are you referring to and does it say anything about my alignment?

Alignment wise it's pretty much null tell. It's just annoying when people quote large chunks of text. Ok, they appear much bigger when reading on the phone. (I assume it was Tammy doing it by the way she described the difference between her and Empire's postings)

Yep, that was me. Sizing down the text you're quoting on an iPad can be a pain in the ass, and when I'm posting quickly while on a break or something, I don't bother with the sizing.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 am

Post by Zdenek »

and Pless, why do you have a town read on SottyRulez?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 am

Post by BT »

Pless, the tiny bit about my comments on SAD isn't really a contradiction.
I
didn't get a clear read from his content, but for someone [Jason] who thinks he's scum hiding behind RP you have to wonder why he didn't seem to be interested in his actual content. To try and convince people and such.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 640, ActionDan wrote:Anyway Benmage + Shadoweh + BT are all super obvious town and will never be lynched this game thanks!

I had a scumread on GreatHero

can you explain the town read on Shadow, quite a few saw shadow as scum earlier in the day...

Also, had a scum read? has that changed now? if so, what made you change your mind?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 585, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 566, Cerulean wrote:
In post 553, sottyrulez wrote:
Unvote: Vote: TheGreatestAmericanHero

No way rolfcopter is the passive head in a hydra as town. I just did a search on him and he's also active in site. The alarm bells are ringing.

What do you think of Konowa's cotent irrespective of rofl's activity?

Scumolious. Check our ISO for details, then think about joining us here.

The only real issue I have with any of their posting is rofl's and rofl's lack of activity. This activity level is pretty typical for what I experienced with konowa recently though. And as I've just played a game with konowa, I looked through his scum meta and when scum he tends to be really passive and not asking direct questions of people all that much. If I were just judging konowa, I'd think they were townish. But, I hate the post I just linked by rofl. Empire says it sounds like town rofl and thinks konowa sounds like town too, and roll does make these sorts of posts as town, but this sounds like trying to stretch something really far to make something sound like scum, which is what I remember rofl being like when we were scum together. I think empire thinks I'm just being paranoid or something because he changed the subject last time we talked.

I can link the scum games I looked through later if youre interested, but I'm heading out to work right now.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Cerulean »

Note to self - iso nost.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 663, Cerulean wrote:The only real issue I have with any of their posting is rofl's Post 153

out of interest, what is your issue with it.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 665, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 663, Cerulean wrote:The only real issue I have with any of their posting is rofl's Post 153

out of interest, what is your issue with it.

It sounds like stretching the meaning to make someone sound scummy. I can't understand where someone would reach that conclusion. To accuse her of trying to stifle universal town reads doesn't fit with anything that had been said by shadoweh, especially after the thought process had been explained by Ben.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 559, BT wrote:
In post 558, The Mini-Librarian wrote:
Let me rephrase, why is that particular action of mine scummy in your eyes. I don't see how in a vacuum that particular action can be seen as scummy, nor can I see how in this particular situation that can be seen as scummy.

Because you were clearly showing interest in the big wagons but your vote didn't reflect that -- it was wasted on Absta instead. Why didn't you commit to one of the wagons at #390?

Cause I thought (and still do btw) absta was a better vote than both Safetydance and Jason. I'm not really sure why your confused about this. A few of my goals in that post were to 1) try to convince people to take a good hard look at Absta again, 2) failing that, try to have people explain to me why Safety is scummier than Absta, since I saw Safety essentially as a Absta-lite at the time, and 3) announce that I had a newfound slight scum read on Jason.

--

In post 572, petapan wrote:
In post 537, Benmage wrote:
@petapan

Could you bullet the reasoning behind your two top 2 scum reads (Sdance, jason? if thats still them)
-And bullet top 2 town reads with a reason or two please.

i think safetydance is scum because he was super bitchy and indignant about how SAD was acting but used words like "antitown" to describe it, then shifted his focus solely to defending himself and complaining and acting like he's a victim. it's bullshit, he's fake, his words ring hollow

i don't particularly have a reason on jason, i was more or less following other people there but i lost confidence in that vote

if i had townreads i was confident in, i would state them. i don't. i don't believe anyone here is someone i can easily read as town.

Heh, one read. Yeah this guy isn't town.

--

In post 604, absta101 wrote:@Mini-L - Are you voting peta for meta reasons only? (post #439.)
Also, did you read more than two games of his?

Only? No. Mainly? Yes. (I also don't like his unwillingness to try to read anyone) (I am going to assume you got to my list of games cited eventually)

--

In post 618, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Plessiezarus

Explanation later.

If possible, explain this.

--

In post 640, ActionDan wrote:I almost had a heart attack when I saw the red.

"Hey look guys! I got a town pm! I swear!"

--

In post 646, Benmage wrote:-TML hasn't really had any negative contribution. His posting albeit low, is pretty good (I don't think he's ever very prolific?).

Yeah, yeah. I tend to get drowned out first day. I don't like spam posting and frankly don't have the time to do so.

--

I'm gonna be honest here. I still haven't read those Plessiezarus case walls. My eye just kinda glaze over when I see them. Will read soon though.
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 607, Benmage wrote:

In post 573, Cerulean wrote:he hates being unrolled

^What does this mean?

That was me mostly thinking out loud for what conditions I would expect zar to not be active, or really not communicate much with his other head. Being busy is one reason, but as he put together a game at another site to mod this week, I don't really count that. Zar doesn't especially like being town, unless a game has interesting mechanics. He also finds being vanilla town really dull. So, the fact that he left the game up to his other head means it's more likely that he's town. The unrolled part doesn't really mean much, as I know he let his other head take over a good portion of the game in buckshot mafia even though they were rolled.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am

Post by camn »

In post 667, The Mini-Librarian wrote:

F-ing precisely.

In post 667, The Mini-Librarian wrote:I'm gonna be honest here. I still haven't read those Plessiezarus case walls. My eye just kinda glaze over when I see them. Will read soon though.
They are actually worth reading. I think Plez might be town.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Zdenek »

Vote: Camn

Votes me for null reasons and doesn't comment when I point that out.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 669, camn wrote:
In post 667, The Mini-Librarian wrote:

F-ing precisely.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:28 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 663, Cerulean wrote:
In post 585, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 566, Cerulean wrote:
In post 553, sottyrulez wrote:
Unvote: Vote: TheGreatestAmericanHero

No way rolfcopter is the passive head in a hydra as town. I just did a search on him and he's also active in site. The alarm bells are ringing.

What do you think of Konowa's cotent irrespective of rofl's activity?

Scumolious. Check our ISO for details, then think about joining us here.

The only real issue I have with any of their posting is rofl's and rofl's lack of activity. This activity level is pretty typical for what I experienced with konowa recently though. And as I've just played a game with konowa, I looked through his scum meta and when scum he tends to be really passive and not asking direct questions of people all that much. If I were just judging konowa, I'd think they were townish. But, I hate the post I just linked by rofl. Empire says it sounds like town rofl and thinks konowa sounds like town too, and roll does make these sorts of posts as town, but this sounds like trying to stretch something really far to make something sound like scum, which is what I remember rofl being like when we were scum together. I think empire thinks I'm just being paranoid or something because he changed the subject last time we talked.

I can link the scum games I looked through later if youre interested, but I'm heading out to work right now.

I believe I've only played with Konowa town, so I can't say I know much about his scum meta. I do know that rolf hates being scum about as much as I do, so it's bothering me a lot that Konowa is more present in this game/the more dominant head, and that he's apparently convincing rolf of reads rather than the other way around. (Rolf's town game really shines so I'd expect him to be extremely proactive, and he's not showing that here.)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 595, Cerulean wrote:I know Jason's not getting lynched today. He knows it, you know it, the entire town knows it.

Why are you still voting Jay?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Benmage »

Ok well I have followed along to page 20 abouts.

Building on this... Has been following the game to page 20 or so?

I imagine must've skimmed the Jason dwelling issue, likely page one.... All the references to Barksdale....

And on a side note, why would a red pm be heart attack worthy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”