Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Fink »

Not saying it's rock solid, but I think it's scummier than just lazy.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Jingle »

The problem is that there’s no incentive for people who don’t have strong reads to join wagons since they’re largely meaningless so you’re really only going to get input from people with strong reads at the moment.

I’m intentionally posting very little, on the other hand, despite being around to avoid calling attention to any pr tells I see.

If needs must I can share a little though. I doubt GL is scum for two reasons: 1. Scum gl has a partner to discuss with last night, meaning he knows there’s a good chance he is aware that no lynch is at least a possibility. He came into the thread assuming a lynch was the plan, but seemingly hadn’t read my arguments. Fakeable, but my gut says genuine. He DOES have a a lot of mime potential, given that what he was arguing was literally their best chance at winning, but the suddenness in dropping it seemed pretty town to me.

Thor, you and me had the worst interactions with the lane wagon. I think that means mime #2 is probably one of you two or voting sesq at EOD. Possibly a sheep vote onto sesq because mime doesn’t have to worry about lynching mime.

Era gin gives me the feeling that he’s sleeping, which normally makes me think scum but probably means not mime.

I want to lynch ari exactly as much as I did in grey flag, which means he’s probably town. I would still follow a compelling case there though.

And, I think no lynching and seeing what flips earlier than later while we’re all still somewhat invested in this game is high utility.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Jingle »

Eragon sheeping. Sorry, I’m phone posting and the new phone doesn’t understand mafia yet.
This is a Parachute.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Vote Thor for not-town

VOTE: No Lynch

Sorry, apathy is kind of strong at the moment. I'm around though.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Fink »

A big part of the problem is that when like 4 players have reads there isn't going to be a compelling case on anyone. And NKs will be less informative.

Pretty sure everyone agrees with No Lynch today. But people not voting No Lynch also aren't voting to end the day earlier. I'm happy to end the day if no one wants to actually talk.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Jingle »

A big part of the analysis here is going to be about when people want to end the day, methinks. Waiting for full consensus seems less viable than simply voting no lynch when YOU think the day has gone on long enough. Arbitrarily long or short days hurt us. People taking stances, even if that stance is nothing is happening so we should go to night gives us something to consider.

I’m fine with ending the day now. If anyone is interested in pursuing a specific topic, they should do so. If I think that topic is compelling, I’ll even invite while we talk about it. Sitting around waiting for low activity posters to contribute doesn’t get much done, especially when you consider that low activity posters are likely to get shot sooner than later anyway in this kind of low information setup.
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Fink »

So people who need to get shot sooner rather than later:
Nero, Aristo, Thor, Jingle, IV, Fink, FA_Q2, Eragon
It does seem likely that there is scum in this list
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Jingle »

Between 1 and 3 for sure.
This is a Parachute.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 644, Fink wrote:GL responds that he has no reason to say that as scum, which is just the most weak-ass response ever. And scum would never say they thought they'd be the NK? Really? Does anyone think that's a good response?
I'm not saying that scum would never say that. That's a misrep

I'm saying you're pointing at me being lazy, which is in fact me being lazy, and then calling it scum. When it's not scum, it's simply lazy. You've done none of the legwork to show why me being lazy = me being scum.

When I'm scum I'm way more careful and pay attention to the thread. I don't just post whatever's on my mind like the thought that I would be NK'd. self-meta but there you go.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 643, Aristophanes wrote:I'm not really caught up, but Thor, do you think that case by Rocky makes him scummy or makes him just laughable?
I didn't really want to say till he had a chance to respond to me calling it laughable - that he doubled down on it reads as scummy to me.
Basically his case is 'Thor is scum more than other people voting Lane because Thor tried to get me onto Lane"
Which is all well and good as a theory case - except, as I pointed out in my defense, i also tried to get him onto DT.
He then counters it by quoting me doing *exactly what I said I did* but then handwaves it by pointing out that in debating him I used Lane as my example as opposed to DT as my example which...somehow means really I was clever Lane Mime partner, mwah-haha...?
It's really bad and shows blindness/not actually caring.
I think he's probably some value of scum for that play.
Do you read that interaction as town from him in any particular way? I'd have a hard time outside of arguing he's really blind and tunneled town for no reason, yeah?
In post 644, Fink wrote:So does anyone have any thoughts at all on what I'm saying about GL?
I would tend to pack it in very similar to my personal response towards IV and Eragorn for their non-responses as justified from who died.
I didn't like any of it, but I'm not sure it's a clear indication of scum mentality over the already apparent lazy mentality of this game state.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Eragon »

VOTE: No-lynch

apathy incarnate
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 625, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:He wants to lynch me but with little in the way of why (that read goes back to me not jumping on a wagon on page 1 - something that is pretty standard for me and is clearly lazy) and ignores the mime and entertains the idea that lynching on the wagon would be a good idea - a wagon he is on.
see this is yet another scumpost from FA_Q2

- you haven't asked/engaged/thought about why I'm scumreading you at all, you just assume it's only what I've posted in thread. for the record I am scumreading you not at all for "not jumping on a wagon", but for early empty shade/fake scumhunting at both Thor and DT early game, a total lack of engagement with any of the more relevant threads of conversation, the laziest of all lazy sheeps onto the lane wagon at EOD, and your generally hostile/stiff tone. you also haven't expressed any townreads at all this game
- I was not on the lane wagon, so the second point makes no sense whatsoever
'you haven't asked/engaged/thought about why I'm scumreading you at all'
^ wtf is this bs. Now you were scum reading me for things that you have not stated in thread? I have to ask if you had a case what possible reason can you have for not posting it then complaining that I did not react to your non-existent case?

And yes, the post was worded rather poorly - those were my reasons for thinking that Thor was scummy. I did not need to state any more on you - I already posted it. I think your defense here is really bad as well - though worded poorly I have no idea how you would take those statements to be about you - the fact that you did makes me think you are being overly defensive.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

Ill just edit me into your list.

“Vote” Count
FA_Q2 (2?):
Nero, GL?
GuiltyLion (1):
Fink, FA_Q2

Not even “vote”ing (6):
Jingle, Thor, Eragon, Rocky, IV, Aristo
9 Alive

Thor for scummie (2):
FA_Q2, Aristo

^ you had thor under thor for scummie.....
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
You were not simply on that wagon - it existed because of you. You were always willing to go back to it no matter what and constantly trying to get people to switch to lane who were on other wagons with the same reasoning that you applied to lane.

IOW, we had several posters that fit the same bill as lane as YOU were pointing out several times but you always preferred the lane wagon.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 614, Nero Cain wrote:I think there's a decent chance that mafia/last mine are on the wagon. I don't understand why you think this is not a good theory.

lane0168 - 7 - Fink, Jingle, Thor665, Eragon,
Almost50
, FA_Q2,
lane0168
I did not say it was not a good theory. The way Thor put it, it sounded like he was floating the idea of lynching on that without outright stating it. It feels to me like he was feeling the waters for avoiding a no lynch.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 663, FA_Q2 wrote:Ill just edit me into your list.

“Vote” Count
FA_Q2 (2?):
Nero, GL?
GuiltyLion (1):
Fink, FA_Q2

Not even “vote”ing (6):
Jingle, Thor, Eragon, Rocky, IV, Aristo
9 Alive

Thor for scummie (2):
FA_Q2, Aristo

^ you had thor under thor for scummie.....
Of course! He would obviously Nth it! XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 652, Jingle wrote:Eragon sheeping. Sorry, I’m phone posting and the new phone doesn’t understand mafia yet.
guilty as charged.

I normally feel good D1/lose WIM through mid-game/if im still alive I gain WIM back MyLo/Lylo

(also the fact life is hectic with school doesn't help anything)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Rocky Horror really feels like they're tryharding and have been pushing Thor almlst since they joined the game. Could easily be scum trying to provoke a townie/mime they don't think will get people mobilized against them. I really dont like framinf Thor as mime to discredit their push either, as it kinda furthers this theory like, a lot.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 662, FA_Q2 wrote: 'you haven't asked/engaged/thought about why I'm scumreading you at all'
^ wtf is this bs. Now you were scum reading me for things that you have not stated in thread? I have to ask if you had a case what possible reason can you have for not posting it then complaining that I did not react to your non-existent case?
of course I was scumreading you for things I have not stated in thread? why is that a surprise? I don't post everything I'm thinking about, I just post what I think needs to be posted. And I don't really care what your "reaction" to my vote/scumread on you is, I'll only post so much as is necessary to convince other people that you're scum. The thing that I'm "complaining" about (nice smear job, btw) is that you
assumed
I had no extra reasons to be scumreading you, likely because your goal is to make me look bad rather than figure out whether I'm town and whether I have reasons for the reads that I have.
In post 662, FA_Q2 wrote:And yes, the post was worded rather poorly - those were my reasons for thinking that Thor was scummy. I did not need to state any more on you - I already posted it. I think your defense here is really bad as well - though worded poorly I have no idea how you would take those statements to be about you - the fact that you did makes me think you are being overly defensive.
is being overly defensive supposed to be scum-indicative now too?

here's a question - if I'm overly defensive, then I don't want to be lynched, then I'm probably not a mime, fair? So any thoughts on who would be my mafia partner?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

*dual-ISOing Fink and FA_Q2*

404 interactions not found
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also FA_Q2 still has yet to share a singular townread, hmm
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 671, GuiltyLion wrote:also FA_Q2 still has yet to share a singular townread, hmm
Because I don't really have any.

My only real townread yesterday was A50.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 664, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
You were not simply on that wagon - it existed because of you. You were always willing to go back to it no matter what and constantly trying to get people to switch to lane who were on other wagons with the same reasoning that you applied to lane.

IOW, we had several posters that fit the same bill as lane as YOU were pointing out several times but you always preferred the lane wagon.
I am not disagreeing with any of this, nor is it what Rocky is advancing as his case.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 661, RockyHorror wrote:It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
You literally quoted me asking you to switch to DT.

Return to “Completed Open Games”