Mini 644 - Meerkat Manor Mafia (Game Over!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:26 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: Add "given there only being one kill per night" to the end of the second-to-last sentence.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

coug wrote:I want everybody who thinks there are two commando and two SK to explain why they think so if they have not yet done so. And no, I'm not going to buy "the SK is afraid to kill because there might be another bomb".
c'mon, there are reasons why an sk would choose not to make a kill if given the option. For 1, in a limited flavor game, the sk could wait to start killing until AFTER all the other scum are dead so as to confuse the town about who they should be looking for. If the town are looking for connections to known mafia players when they should be hunting an sk, the sk is more likely to survive.

Another reason (and admittedly this is a weaker reason) is the flavor of the night death scene PM's. Night 1, there was no death. I believe coug I mean the sk didn't attempt a kill, and the commando targetted me. Since i'm commando immune, there was no death. Night 2, again, the sk didn't attempt a kill, and Vi was killed by the commandoes. The death scene specifically said the kill was made by the commandoes. Night 3, I believe the sk (coug) made the kill on jonathan for 3 reasons - 1) it was likely all the commando were dead, 2) jonathan stated he had the ability to detect predators. coug couldn't leave jon alive knowing either he or ckd would be investigated and he would be shown guilty, and 3) there was no flavor in the death scene stating that commando made the kill. Although I admit flavor doesn't prove anything, I think it would be unethical for a mod to decide whether or not to reveal what faction made the kill inconsistently. Either we weren't told who made the kill because it wasn't the commando, Vi's role had a claus that said something to the effect of "if you're nked, it will reveal what evil faction made the kill", or we have a special watcher type role where if you target to watch the player who is killed, it would be revealed in the death scene what faction made the kill. I'll throw 3 out right away because any watcher we had should have been watching jonathan as he was likely to be killed.

Also, the game flavor has always used the term "predatorS", which incinuates more than 1.

Aside from this post, I beleve I've already done a more than sufficient explanation as to why I feel 2 commando and 2 sk make sense, including all of the known and suspected town roles.

The only thing making me second guess myself is that you immediately turned around and attacked CKD, making it a 2 person game. That means the game is already over if there is only 1 scum remaining. CKD would have no reason to lie because he would be killed if coug shows up town. Likewise, coug, what do you think we would have to do if we lynch CKD and he's town? obviously, you would be killed.

What we should be asking ourselves right now is do we all agree that there is only 1 scum left? If the answer to that is yes, then there isn't much more to discuss because both CKD and coug will be the next 2 lynches if we need more than 1.

If we don't agree there is only scum left, we have to decide if we believe there is 1 commando and 1 sk, or 2 commando remaining. I'm worried if there are 2 commando remaining and we lynch coug, its game over. But I'm also worried if we lynch ckd and there is 1 commando (who's not CKD) and 1 sk, the town is still screwed tomorrow. I've argued that I think 4 total scum is more than enough, and I've explained why I think it's either 3 commando and 1 sk, or 2 commando and 2 sk. See my previous posts today for reasons why any more scum than those 2 scenarios would have put the town in a huge hole right from the beginning.

We should also be asking ourselves where is ecto?
Mod: status on the ecto prod?

It seems that ckd is already committed, I'm comfortable with holding my vote on coug right now. Cass and CKD aren't commando together or else Cass would have hammered by now. Basically, that means Cass is confirmed town.

I'm going to...
unvote
for right now until ecto chimes in. I'm worried that if he and CKD are scum partners together, that he could jump in and hammer coug (because it would be LyLo). I still think coug is probably sk, and I don't think ecto and CKD are scum together, but I just want to make sure by waiting to hear from ecto first now before giving him the chance to scum-hammer for the scum-win.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

So, by your reasoning, either curiouskarmadog or me has to be the serial killer. Investigation claim or not, I still don't like CKD's overreactions Day 3.

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Rishi »

Rhinox wrote: We should also be asking ourselves where is ecto?
Mod: status on the ecto prod?
Not picked up. Will give him a couple more days before seeking replacement.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Rishi »

Got a PM from Ecto's son, which said that Ecto would not be able to post for 4-5 days. I'll leave it up to you guys whether or not you want me to seek replacement. It might take a couple days to find someone, but I'll willing to look if that's what you guys want.

You can either post in public or send me a PM - whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:08 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

it doesnt matter to me either way...I feel like we got this game in the bag...Ecto is not going to say anything that is going to change my vote.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

curiouskarmadog wrote:it doesnt matter to me either way...I feel like we got this game in the bag...Ecto is not going to say anything that is going to change my vote.
The same applies to me.

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Cass »

I can see the sense of lynching CKD first, actually. If he's town, this confirms that SC is the last scum. If he's scum, well, good. I somehow feels safer for town to do it in that order. Does anyone disagree? If so, why?

I vote for replacing Ecto. Though it might be hard at this phase of the game, so if the majority wants to wait for him, that's allright with me too.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

To tell the truth, I don't have any evidence to say that curiouskarmadog is definitely Commando or definitely a predator, but with the role I have he has to be one of those two things, and I believe the consensus is that curiouskarmadog is probably not Commando given the flavor.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:26 am

Cass, I dont think I udnerstand your reasoning. Either I am lying or I am not. I think there is just one more scum...if you are hesitant..lynch me today then Coug tomorrow or lynch Coug today still equals one a win for us.

Cass, did you read Coug's reaction to my result?

Coug, why are you still trying to soft claim? If I am hung today, your weasling ass WILL not be able to get out of it tomorrow, so just stop and except it. If it is today or tomorrow, we have won this game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

How exactly do you soft-claim vanilla townie, especially given, if you count this post, I've explicitly said I was for at least the third time now?

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:10 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:To tell the truth, I don't have any evidence to say that curiouskarmadog is definitely Commando or definitely a predator, but with the role I have he has to be one of those two things, and I believe the consensus is that curiouskarmadog is probably not Commando given the flavor.
this role seemed like you were trying to back track and false claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

By evidence I mean in thread. Other than your overreactions yesterday, the only way I have of knowing you are scum is because your investigation result conflicts with my role PM.

Also, scum would be idiotic to fakeclaim vanilla over and over and then a power role. Sorry, but that's not going to work against me.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

StrangerCoug wrote:
To tell the truth
, I don't have any evidence to say that curiouskarmadog is definitely Commando or definitely a predator, but with the role I have he has to be one of those two things, and I believe the consensus is that curiouskarmadog is probably not Commando given the flavor.
Another tell?

As for ecto, I would hate to have a replacement come in and have to read the entire game only to have the game end right away. We can wait for ecto, or we can just finish today's lynch and think about a replacement tomorrow IF the game continues. I also agree that ecto (or even a replacement) isn't going to chang the fact that either coug or CKD should be today's lynch.

I unvoted because I was worried there
might
be 2 scum remaining. I think its more likely that there is only 1 scum remaining and I think coug is it.

vote: coug

Cass, I think you should hammer.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

wow whats up with my post ^^^^ It should have been like this:
Rhinox wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
To tell the truth
, I don't have any evidence to say that curiouskarmadog is definitely Commando or definitely a predator, but with the role I have he has to be one of those two things, and I believe the consensus is that curiouskarmadog is probably not Commando given the flavor.
Another tell?

As for ecto, I would hate to have a replacement come in and have to read the entire game only to have the game end right away. We can wait for ecto, or we can just finish today's lynch and think about a replacement tomorrow IF the game continues. I also agree that ecto (or even a replacement) isn't going to chang the fact that either coug or CKD should be today's lynch.

I unvoted because I was worried there
might
be 2 scum remaining. I think its more likely that there is only 1 scum remaining and I think coug is it.

vote: coug

Cass, I think you should hammer.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:10 am

"to tell the truth"..jesus christ I missed that.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Cass »

Yes, yes, I suppose I should hammer. SC does not sound convincing, and him being innocent is by far the less likely scenario here. I just hope we're not dealing with two scum, but ahwell. Let's be more optimistic and less paranoid.

Vote: StrangerCoug

Holding my breath...[/b]
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Rishi »

Final Vote Count - Day 4

StrangerCoug - 3 (curiouskarmadog, Rhinox, Cass)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (StrangerCoug)

Not voting: Ectomancer

Mozart had always been one of the more caring meerkats on the manor. She used to help her siblings, and always was loyal to the Whiskers. When she was evicted, she had a hard time trying to find a place in the world. No one is quite sure what happened to her, her body was found just lying in the sand.

StrangerCoug, Mozart, Whiskers, Evicted Day 4

It is now Night 4. Please send in choices.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Rishi »

Rocket Dog tried to be a brave and strong leader. She was constantly dealing with problems though, not only Commandos and predators, but subordinate females getting pregnant, splinter groups and food shortages. But, she always knew the family came first. The Whiskers will carry on, with or without her.

Cass, Rocket Dog, Whiskers, Killed Night 4

It is now Day 5. With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well, I guess we know who to vote for. Congratulations CKD for making it to the final night. You had me fooled all game.

vote: CKD

Mod: request replacement for ecto so we can end this game. Perhaps Cass would be willing to jump back in ecto's spot. I've seen that happen in games before. That way, someone new won't have to read the whole thread so late in the game.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

ebwop: This came out wrong after I wrote it...
Mod: can we request replacement for ecto so we can end this game. Perhaps Cass would be willing to jump back in ecto's spot. I've seen that happen in games before. That way, someone new won't have to read the whole thread so late in the game.
Fixed. I didn't mean for it to sound like a demand.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:11 am

eh, I thought Coug might have been a Sk which would have bought me some town cred....As I dont see a way to argue out of this I am mafia and I will vote myself, and maybe earn some brownie points from the Mod.

Vote CKD

yeah I was setting up for a fake claim when wolf was a round that would have won us the game, but he town tide turned out of no where to hang wolf over Coug, which left me with a bunch of breadcrumbs that a.) didnt make any sense and b.) were now holding me down.

We should have killed Jon the night before he claimed...if Rishi posts the mafia chat you can read all about it. good game town.

I think Cass (or Rhino) hit it on the head yesterday with this comment.

"maybe CKD is the last remaining commando and doesn't know if coug really is an sk or if 1 even exists"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:13 am

I havent lost a game as scum in awhile..good show.

my ground work for my fake claim screwed me.

again good show town, unless Rhino IS the SK...then very good job Rhino
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Rishi »

Final Vote Count

curiouskarmadog - 2 (Rhinox, curiouskarmadog)

Not Voting: Ectomancer

It was early in the morning in the Kalihari and only three meerkats remained. Nikita could not hide any more among the Whiskers. Besides, was a tribe that was so decimated worth taking over? Nikita emerged from the Whiskers burrow. When it was clear that she was no longer wanted, she voluntarily left.

curiouskarmadog, Nikita, Commando, Evicted Day 5

Flower and Axel were alone. Still, the Whiskers are a strong tribe, and with a couple of roving males, they would rise to dominance once again. At least, for now, they remain safe from predators for now.

Still alive:
Rhinox, Axel the World's Cutest Pup, Whiskers
Ectomancer, Flower, Whiskers
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Rishi »

So, that's game folks. Thanks for playing and I hope you had fun.

I know there's going to be a lot of talk about game balance in the post-game chatter. This was a bit of an experiment for me. I normally don't throw this many power roles into the game (and I usually like to throw power roles in that are only marginally useful) but there was so much about Meerkat Manor that was so thematic for a game of Mafia that I couldn't resist. I really also wanted to throw a set of lovers in there and maybe another predator, but I didn't feel ready to do a large game.

The daykill predator was supposed to have a much more dramatic impact on the game. Unfortunately, ClockworkRuse picked the bomb, pretty much by random chance. Because of that, the Whiskers were almost immediately thrown into lynch-or-lose, if the Commandos picked anyone but Rhinox to kill (who was both NK immune and protected by the Babysitter).

So, constructive feedback on the setup would be appreciated. I'll post the full setup along with role PMs and night choices when I get a chance - probably this weekend.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”