Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:46 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6697, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6696, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 6692, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6690, MathBlade wrote:So then your response is to try to stop what’s clearly working in order to what? Has everyone on the same target when it’s very likely the role claims are believed but it’s a matter of alignment why?
In theory a lot of people would have to be held accountable by the person who knows that they were targeted by them

Like I said, probably a horrible idea
am I being stupid here or this post reads as it should be written by mathblade and not dingle
You’re being illogical. I write posts like that when they are thought out and the net benefit is protown.

I do not jest about horrible ideas.
I mean... you said it was a horrible idea, not dingle, yet dingle are saying that they said it was a horrible idea
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6684, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:...wait a second

RR protects from burns, which seem to happen at Noon
I give someone a self-watch ability

Hypothetical: we have the ability to learn *quite a lot* about the setup by having every town-aligned PR agree to target the same person tonight

Someone please tell me why that's a horrible idea
I think they said or implied it’s horrible here? *raised question voice*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:49 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6692, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6690, MathBlade wrote:So then your response is to try to stop what’s clearly working in order to what? Has everyone on the same target when it’s very likely the role claims are believed but it’s a matter of alignment why?
In theory a lot of people would have to be held accountable by the person who knows that they were targeted by them

Like I said, probably a horrible idea
@Dingle what are you refering to when you say "Like I said, probably a horrible idea"?

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6699, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6693, MathBlade wrote:I feel like you’re grasping at straws to survive rather than hunting.
I refer you to for my most recent bout of hunting, if you're interested in doing something other than searching for a reason to end the day in my elimination
That’s a wall of scumreads? If you want me to not want to elim you give me a reason why.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6704 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I just want to be sure this is not a multi account thing because unless I'm reading wrong it feels like it

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6705 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6704, JunkoChan wrote:I just want to be sure this is not a multi account thing because unless I'm reading wrong it feels like it
1) I have been on this site longer than dirt and done a lot of work in secret on it. If the mods wanted to track everything I did they have a billion and a half ways.

2) DDS is a hydra and hydras have to register with the mods.

3) if you think anything like that in the future best to PM the mod.

But I can 100% assure you that is not the case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6706 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cheating is not something I ever do as any alignment and to even *hint* at that is disgusting,
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6707 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 6684, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:...wait a second

RR protects from burns, which seem to happen at Noon
I give someone a self-watch ability

Hypothetical: we have the ability to learn *quite a lot* about the setup by having every town-aligned PR agree to target the same person tonight

Someone please tell me why that's a horrible idea
I think both of you took this a lot more seriously than it was intended. The last part is meant to imply that I already know it's probably a horrible idea. While writing this post, I was considering adding something to the end like 'because I know it's a horrible idea but it's probably worth throwing out there anyway'. I decided against that because I thought that was clear enough already. But apparently not
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6708 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 6705, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6704, JunkoChan wrote:I just want to be sure this is not a multi account thing because unless I'm reading wrong it feels like it
1) I have been on this site longer than dirt and done a lot of work in secret on it. If the mods wanted to track everything I did they have a billion and a half ways.

2) DDS is a hydra and hydras have to register with the mods.

3) if you think anything like that in the future best to PM the mod.

But I can 100% assure you that is not the case.
well I don't even know who you are, so this means jack to me, I still want an explanation from dingle

pedit: well there it is, is poorly written and I have the right to be suspicious of stuff like this regardless of who you are or whatever you do Math, because if something like this happens I would be really pissed off

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6709 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

It is taking everything in my soul to not just tunnel you for that comment here.

Like that implication is insulting and breaks many many site rules Junko.

I don’t ever break site rules for a game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 6706, MathBlade wrote:Cheating is not something I ever do as any alignment and to even *hint* at that is disgusting,
To call hinting at an allegation of cheating 'disgusting' is pretty disgusting and is commonly used as a way of trying to intimidate people out of making said allegations in situations where it
is
called for. Don't do that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am glad that users take cheating as seriously as we do. Please contact a listmod if you have a suspicion that someone is cheating, even if it's a gut reaction. If it's more than that, please don't hesitate to give details to the listmod about why you think the person is cheating. We take every suspicion seriously and will investigate it. Doing this makes listmod's job easier, and it helps them to work in partnership with players.

Not dissuading Junko if they want to PM mods about it. But in thread is not the place per site rules.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

But the implication that I would cheat is pretty terrible and I am rightly angry about it.

If you want to sus me as scum fine go for it.

But accusations like that go to mods.

They can look up my IP of my posts which is my phone.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am going to step away as I have to focus on my work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I got my explanation, I'm backing off, I'm not as aware of procedures in this site as others might be

@Math I'm not using this to sus you or anything, I'll keep it out of the game, sorry if it made you angry but you have to understand my position here too

let's move on

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:03 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I got my explanation, I'm backing off, I'm not as aware of procedures in this site as others might be

@Math I'm not using this to sus you or anything, I'll keep it out of the game, sorry if it made you angry but you have to understand my position here too

let's move on

professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:13 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6623, Ydrasse wrote:depending if there was role discourse between those posts
You know I just realized Ydrass responded to the Dingle Mention.
In post 6623, Ydrasse wrote:depending if there was role discourse between those posts
In post 6622, professotic wrote:
In post 6596, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I don't think professotic's role is a very likely scum role
In post 6427, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Potential recruitment makes it incredibly difficult to have a satisfying answer to that question

I think JunkoChan, you, MathBlade, Ydrasse and T-Bone all at least started as town
I'd add PPF to that list, but the MMR guilty situation has given me doubts

My leftover pool is {RR, Meuh, professotic, Enchant, Firebringer, Porkens}
I don't think RR or Meuh are sensible places to look for scum in the current gamestate
And I'm left with four people who would almost always wind up in a PoE pool of mine and no confidence in any particular scumread
Isn’t this contradicting?
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:16 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6657, Meuh wrote:
In post 6649, professotic wrote:
In post 6647, T-Bone wrote:We're on the same page. I have the Toog slot (I think Porken now), Ydrasse, PPF in my PoE. I know you quoted a few posts of Toog and said "this is town" but can you explain why?
For someone who has Ydrass in their PoE I would never have expected that person to accidentally quote a post of me voting for them and then saying you miss clicked and not adding anything else on that subject.
It's a common phone bug, stop trying to turn it into an actual point.
In post 6651, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 6647, T-Bone wrote:We're on the same page. I have the Toog slot (I think Porken now), Ydrasse, PPF in my PoE. I know you quoted a few posts of Toog and said "this is town" but can you explain why?
And people seriously wonder why I’m not efforting more. :roll:
...because you're in people's POEs? :?

The bug ain’t the problem.
It’s the fact it was clearly acknowledged and had the chance to make a response or something to it but instead it was accidentally quoted and purposely ignored.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:17 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6660, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: DDS

This to me just doesn’t fit. The more I stare at it it feels fake.

I think there is likely a lunar between DDS and RR.

Granted I really want Solar for *reasons* but I have too many possibilities for that world.
Yeah I’m the same.

And Lunar ain’t doing shit to find Solar.
Wasn’t till recently Dingle started to attempt to do something.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:18 am

Post by professotic »

VOTE: DDS
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:19 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6671, T-Bone wrote:I'm not disputing that. Just clarifying that you and DDS claimed to target me in separate phases.
I will bury you tomorrow btw after Dingle’s Lunar flip.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6695, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6693, MathBlade wrote:Don’t suggest ideas until and unless you’re able to defend them.
Don't tell me how to play, thanks. I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up.

This is serval AtE.
Not saying it’s obv wolf AtE but it’s unnecessary AtE and I think that they should focus on finding the Solar Cult here and focus less on themselves.

Give a legacy at least to whom you think the Solar Cult Members are.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:26 am

Post by professotic »

In post 6602, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I think Firebringer and PPF are probably the most likely slots to flip scum in my eyes. That's not to say that they're definitely scum, but I'd be least surprised to see that they're scum in this game.

I think professor is probably town due to both role and play. I do think he's being actively anti-town, but like that's not abnormal for him and I'm probably biased in leaving him open as an option. Still, could see this being intentional as a scum tactic, so I'm not going to cross him off the list. But they're probably my biggest townread of the yellows.

I've forgotten why either RR or T-Bone can't be Lunar? Can someone remind me of that please. Because RR's role could be fine as a real Lunar role.

I think Meuh and T-Bone (and Firebringer actually) are very much in the same sort of category for me. They all feel like they're playing the game in a pro-town way and are pushing things that make a lot of sense to me. I think this is where I'm potentially suffering from multiball bias - I think it's possible that any of these players are scum who are playing very similarly to how town would play because they're exerting most of their effort genuinely trying to find other scum. And so I suspect there's at least one blind spot for me here.

And Enchant is right above PPF/Firebringer I suppose. Doesn't really feel like scum, but maybe that's just... wrong.

So I'd like to vote in Firebringer/PPF/Enchant here, in probably that order.

VOTE: Firebringer

Is this your end solve legacy orrr?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Meuh »

This game would be more fun to play if most of it wasn't comprised of chains of miscommunication or personal attacks.
I'll pop in to more meaningfully engage at some point later, not feeling it after that back and forth.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 6680, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6675, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 6672, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 6670, Radical Rat wrote:particularly the overlap with CSF's Watcher-type role,
I also see zero conflict with CSF's role

There's not an issue with more than one 'watcher'-type effects being in the game

The actual effect of my role is very easily confirmable if that's something that people want
You both perform the same basic function of determining if something happened to a target. Your claim is more powerful, but it's still peculiar to me that multiple roles would serve the same utility simultaneously.

If CSF only worked at Night and you only worked at Noon, or vice versa, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But CSF is claiming to set a target during Night and receive results until next Night. And you're claiming to actively choose a target and send results for both Night and Noon. It pushes the claims from being complementary to contradictory in my mind.
The roles are similar but have different power levels

Actually your use of the word 'complimentary' has made me realise that CSF and I are probably meant to target the same person to amplify the utility we both provide
That's actually silly? I've never seen an example of two roles randomly distributed that are supposed to coordinate.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”