DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 674, Cephrir wrote:
In post 671, DiamondSentinel wrote:Cephrir, answer me this. Why would you bother defending him when the only pressure on him (if you could call it that) was that people said that he wasn't posting anything worthwihle (Which he wasn't)
Why would I do that if he was my scumbuddy? I was letting whoever it was know that I didn't agree with their line of thought and maybe they should rethink it instead of wasting more time on the same direction. I would say I've learned my lesson, but I'm stupid and will probably do it again in the future
There are 2 choices you could do with a "deadweight" (obviously a huge misnomer. What I mean is one that's taking flak) partner.

You can put so much pressure on him that everyone else backs off (T-Bone did this to me in MGSV)

You can defend him in sly, underhanded ways that would take a lot of finnicky thinking to connect.

I personally think you're trying the second. It's also the one that I look for. My logic may seem oftentimes counterintuitive, but more often than not, it's simply a case of moonlogic.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Grib »

Cephir: maybe not, but it certainly does that slot no favors.

I feel like you're shooting down attacks but not attacking anyone yourself. Show us what a good attack looks like.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Grib »

Maybe someone else should ask camntsuki why they have the reads they do so that they'll actually back them up.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 675, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 674, Cephrir wrote:
In post 671, DiamondSentinel wrote:Cephrir, answer me this. Why would you bother defending him when the only pressure on him (if you could call it that) was that people said that he wasn't posting anything worthwihle (Which he wasn't)
Why would I do that if he was my scumbuddy? I was letting whoever it was know that I didn't agree with their line of thought and maybe they should rethink it instead of wasting more time on the same direction. I would say I've learned my lesson, but I'm stupid and will probably do it again in the future
There are 2 choices you could do with a "deadweight" (obviously a huge misnomer. What I mean is one that's taking flak) partner.

You can put so much pressure on him that everyone else backs off (T-Bone did this to me in MGSV)

You can defend him in sly, underhanded ways that would take a lot of finnicky thinking to connect.

I personally think you're trying the second. It's also the one that I look for. My logic may seem oftentimes counterintuitive, but more often than not, it's simply a case of moonlogic.
OK so you're the one who just pointed out that one vote isn't a lot of pressure to get defensive about so again I ask you why I woud apparently be so worried about it

Also, you're very wrong. There are a lot of ways to handle a shitty partner, if we want to suppose for the moment that kdowns-scum apparently would just be playing the worst game on earth right now. Personally I'd be choosing between bussing him and ignoring him. Sorry if you don't know the first thing about playing scum :]

Sure though if you first decide that we're scum I'm sure you can impute whatever the fuck motivation you want it just won't make you right
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 676, Grib wrote:
I feel like you're shooting down attacks but not attacking anyone yourself.
That's accurate. So what? When I feel strongly about a read I'll let you know. Some of us are less hasty than others.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Grib »

Okay.

You don't have to be so defensive about it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: camntsuki

For glory.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:19 am

VOTE: Camntsuki

Agreed. For glory!
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Isn't suggesting a Jester a very scummy thing to do, generally?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Grib »

Hi SS.

Thoughts on players or the gamestate?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'd personally say it's worse to ignore someone saying that you're scum and that they have a 100% rate of reading you correctly.
But I mean.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:52 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

I can sense a Camn/Snarky/Hiplop/Kdowns team. Or Cephrir and Kdowns.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:52 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

In post 685, Cheetory6 wrote:I'd personally say it's worse to ignore someone saying that you're scum and that they have a 100% rate of reading you correctly.
But I mean.
Who said that?
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:53 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I'm clearly like 10 pages behind atm or so, so
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:56 am

In post 686, keyenpeydee wrote:I can sense a Camn/Snarky/Hiplop/Kdowns team. Or Cephrir and Kdowns.
Hiplop and Snarky I'm unsure about. They are null/null!scum
“Why was I chosen?'
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 688, SnarkySnowman wrote:I'm clearly like 10 pages behind atm or so, so
How bout you catch up instead of dropping one-liners bb.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 689, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 686, keyenpeydee wrote:I can sense a Camn/Snarky/Hiplop/Kdowns team. Or Cephrir and Kdowns.
Still unsure about SS. Hiplop is just kinda not taking the game too seriously.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 am

In post 691, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 689, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Still unsure about SS. Hiplop is just kinda not taking the game too seriously.
The thing is, at lot of what Snarky said had a lot of merit, but little pertinence to the game.
“Why was I chosen?'
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 688, SnarkySnowman wrote:I'm clearly like 10 pages behind atm or so, so
Yeah it happened on Page 13 so being 10 pages back is no excuse for not having seen it.

I have some other thoughts but those will have to wait til I am not VLA phone posting.

VOTE: Snarky
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:20 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 691, keyenpeydee wrote:Still unsure about SS. Hiplop is just kinda not taking the game too seriously.
yes i am wtf
third best scummer of all time
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 am

Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
“Why was I chosen?'
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Grib »

In post 694, hiplop wrote:
In post 691, keyenpeydee wrote:Still unsure about SS. Hiplop is just kinda not taking the game too seriously.
yes i am wtf
Are you being sarcastic here?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 683, SnarkySnowman wrote:Isn't suggesting a Jester a very scummy thing to do, generally?
Isn't having your own opinion instead of asking what you're supposed to think a townie thing to do, generally?

VOTE: SnarkySnowman
In post 695, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
... :/

I think I'm okay with letting DS and keyen play their own little game of whatever it is they think they're doing and ignoring them. :]

Hey DS when you call this comment scummy I'm not going to care :]
Bartleby the Scrivener
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:36 am

In post 697, Cephrir wrote:
In post 683, SnarkySnowman wrote:Isn't suggesting a Jester a very scummy thing to do, generally?
Isn't having your own opinion instead of asking what you're supposed to think a townie thing to do, generally?

VOTE: SnarkySnowman
In post 695, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
... :/

I think I'm okay with letting DS and keyen play their own little game of whatever it is they think they're doing and ignoring them. :]

Hey DS when you call this comment scummy I'm not going to care :]
Eh, compared to your other stuff, this is almost saintlike.
“Why was I chosen?'
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 657, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 651, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 647, DiamondSentinel wrote:Well, for me, the biggest thing is that Ceph consistently tried to defend lurkers (way more than was logical), which makes me think that he's scum defending a lurking buddy, so there's a list of people, including KDowns who fits that bill.
as someone with a similar experience level to ceph, i can say that what he said about "lurking out the rvs" is accurate. anyone with a job (or something else going on in rl) will know why it's accurate.
In post 647, DiamondSentinel wrote:And then the kicker. He said "Out of everyone here, I know KDowns the best, and this fits his character". That's a major red flag. He is essentially saying "Nobody here knows him except for me so you guys just have to trust me on this that he's not terrible".
uh... i mean... if he knows kdowns in a context outside mafia it would make sense for him to say that...?
1. I understand that people have a life outside of mafia. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to post because I just started going to University, but I've had a lot more time than I first suspected. But I digress.
2. I don't have a problem with the premise. It's the way he said it. "Sheep me because I know him" is the implied sentiment.

PEdit: That's partially true, but the thing is that this motivation is more likely than benevolence. Cephrir's playstyle this far has shown that when he does step in, he likes to be in control of things (shown by his wait-and-see policy)

Additionally, KDowns reminds me a lot of PV's play. "Let's do nothing worth noting so that I still have some activity, but it doesn't help at all"

PPEdit: @Farside It's not the statement itself that irks me. It's that it wasn't requested. I don't really care about your flavor.
@Cheetory You would defend them, but I know for a fact you'd give more reason than "I know them, so just sheep me". You'd give specific examples, and point out reasoning behind certain quirky behaviors.
I really don't care. I already explained why I did it.
In post 667, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 661, farside22 wrote: I think cephrir was saying this is normal for kdowns.
But he was acting scummy. So what we'll do is exclude the fact that he is a scum because it's normal for him to act this way. Come on.

Who's anti btw? Is it rihanna?
Players are typically stubborn and don't typically care what someone else says about another player unless they ask that player.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”