skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yes ....
it seems really obvious to me that scum would want to fluff over posting content
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 672, skitter30 wrote:
In post 670, Chara wrote:the other thing bugging me about skitter is how much she's been focusing on FL so far. that read is a little dependent on how much skitter's townplay relies on finding obvtown/conftown and trying to work with them.
?
you don't need to read him, but you're interacting with him quite a bit, at least that's how it feels right now. could be nothing, could be that you're in the unfortunate position of having to deepwolf against FL.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

chara i like exactly nothing of what you're saying rn

and i'm mostly surprised that fl is townreading me here because of [redacted] and i can't elaborate
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 676, Chara wrote:
In post 672, skitter30 wrote:
In post 670, Chara wrote:the other thing bugging me about skitter is how much she's been focusing on FL so far. that read is a little dependent on how much skitter's townplay relies on finding obvtown/conftown and trying to work with them.
?
you don't need to read him, but you're interacting with him quite a bit, at least that's how it feels right now. could be nothing, could be that you're in the unfortunate position of having to deepwolf against FL.
Why do you assume Skitter would think she would be able to deepwolf against me?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 675, skitter30 wrote:yes ....
it seems really obvious to me that scum would want to fluff over posting content
i feel like this avenue isn't going to lead to any more useful discussion than it has, so let's move on. it seems obvious to
me
that any player who is comfortable as scum might be just fine posting easy earlygame content as they are fluffposting.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

tbf chara didn't actually say that i'd enjoy it but i don't like how it's positioning me rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 679, Chara wrote:
i feel like this avenue isn't going to lead to any more useful discussion than it has, so let's move on. it seems obvious to
me
that any player who is comfortable as scum might be just fine posting easy earlygame content as they are fluffposting.
i mean i dropped it several pages back, you've kept asking me abt it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 678, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why do you assume Skitter would think she would be able to deepwolf against me?
i've heard she was good as scum and has successfully deepwolfed.
i have no context for her relationship with you or for the power of your towngame.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why would Skitter be the one to be chosen to be the deepwolf is what I'm asking.

I don't think she'd accept it.

Also, damn, Unwnd's impression of me.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Can't decide whether Chara got lucky knowing it'd be scummy for me to play game over fluff or if it just got a good sense of how to read me

Complicating this further, i didnt really think i was playing the game all that much lol. At least prior to the point where Chara had that feeling

But this doesn't seem to be the debate -- it seems more like we're determining whether it's scummy for Chara to be under the impression that less fluff = scummy for me. For me personally, i dont think so, but at the same time, im curious if i come off like i would fluff really hard to anybody else who has only played with me a little bit or not at all

pedit DAMMIT we're dropping it okay. Fair enough. The strength of the reads they've gotten on each other might be telling but obviously not ready to decide on that yet
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i absolutely would not want to be
depending on the scumteam i might accept it if necessary but i wouldn't want to; contrary to popular belief i don't, like, actually enjoy deepwolfing for the msot part
Show
Hiatus once more.

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 682, Chara wrote:
In post 678, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why do you assume Skitter would think she would be able to deepwolf against me?
i've heard she was good as scum and has successfully deepwolfed.
i have no context for her relationship with you or for the power of your towngame.
I don't know if it was her first scum game, but she was a newbie scum partnered with Eddie and I real early on when she was new here, and I've always pushed her and saw her as scum incorrectly before eventually flipping to town reading her.

Usually, I end up getting misfaded Day 1 in those games, but I digress.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 681, skitter30 wrote:
In post 679, Chara wrote:
me
i mean i dropped it several pages back, you've kept asking me abt it
maybe it feels that way to you, but
In post 664, skitter30 wrote:
In post 661, Chara wrote:skitter pinged in her response but i'm having a hard time articulating why, something about how her response was straightforwardly correct but failing to account for general weirdness in different players having different mindsets about what is plausible/pushable. just seemed very by the book.
i still don't think scum start this game that way
i think they join the general scumfest
not the case? i'm talking about why your response pinged, sure, but you reiterated your point, so i responded to it again.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 685, skitter30 wrote:i absolutely would not want to be
depending on the scumteam i might accept it if necessary but i wouldn't want to; contrary to popular belief i don't, like, actually enjoy deepwolfing for the msot part
Deep Wolfing sucks. It's all about Open Wolfing. OWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 683, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why would Skitter be the one to be chosen to be the deepwolf is what I'm asking.

I don't think she'd accept it.

Also, damn, Unwnd's impression of me.
idk, i've never been on a scumteam that was coordinated enough for someone to be a designated deepwolf. that play is... miles above where my own game is at.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 685, skitter30 wrote:i absolutely would not want to be
i didn't think you enjoy it, mostly the responsibility is pretty terrible so i suppose if you were given the choice i do think you would avoid it.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't think anyone would be chosen to deepwolf

Both You/Hectic are of chaotic nature, that's why on principle I'm not entirely reading your choices, because more than anyone

There's gonna be huge leaps of logic in order to reach expected results
Stop
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think you draft skitts with the intention that she stomps the town, but I don't think that's something you specifically instruct her to do, that's just what you do in the hopes it will happen. So i dont think it matters if she wants that role or not, it's just implied when you pick her!

As for interacting with FL though, haven't read those bits, so if that's important nvm.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

eh that was my second scumgame
and it's grown leaps and bounds since then (tm 2020 anyone?)
but i do usually try to plan in broad strokes who needs to go deep if possible, and in many pl's that's me, whether i want to particularly or not

either way i dislike the way chara is currently framing me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 684, Morning Tweet wrote:Can't decide whether Chara got lucky knowing it'd be scummy for me to play game over fluff or if it just got a good sense of how to read me

Complicating this further, i didnt really think i was playing the game all that much lol. At least prior to the point where Chara had that feeling

But this doesn't seem to be the debate -- it seems more like we're determining whether it's scummy for Chara to be under the impression that less fluff = scummy for me. For me personally, i dont think so, but at the same time, im curious if i come off like i would fluff really hard to anybody else who has only played with me a little bit or not at all

pedit DAMMIT we're dropping it okay. Fair enough. The strength of the reads they've gotten on each other might be telling but obviously not ready to decide on that yet
well, we're dropping the original point, i do think the stuff you're saying about your own play is interesting still!
it really didn't go any farther than "Tweet is fun! i like her, i wonder why she isn't fluffing more. i think i'll push her on this ping." that thought ended when you confessed you weren't a weeb and it occurred to me how mind-numbing the anime conversation would be to anyone who didn't watch anime.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Gamma Emerald, Titus, Chkflip, and Xtoxm.

I want to hear some from them, see where their heads are at. They're not going to be happy with the pace of this game.

I have met Titus in real life multiple times.

I have met Chkflip in real life once.

I have never met Xtoxm, but Xtoxm and I work really well together.

Gamma and I go like 6 years back. (Titus technically going on 7 since we met.)

I want to see their reads.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by unwnd »

FL

You said you picked me to lead policy

I think the best D1 wagon is within the slankers, yeah sure they're not gonna drop associatives immediately but you drag them out or they die and we gain another day to sort. Based on this alone? I'd suggest RC/Gamma/Lunar and then I think at least one of them flips scum. Definitely not a team thing or anything mind you. I don't think the scum right now if I'm reading Chara correctly are too interested in this conversation they're having with skitter, and while I'm paranoid of skitter I believe her entertaining is at least telling in how scum want to play this day.

I'll give you something to chew on, while the animeposting was all good and fun and great, do you think scum would take that opportunity to post more? It's hard to decipher by actual posts but that small instance could be a small comfort. I sorta think RCE dropping off after anime was done is most telling in that sense but that's leading confbias.
Stop
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 691, unwnd wrote:I don't think anyone would be chosen to deepwolf

Both You/Hectic are of chaotic nature, that's why on principle I'm not entirely reading your choices, because more than anyone

There's gonna be huge leaps of logic in order to reach expected results
Day 3 I'll start to really get into the groove of things.

You've never gotten to see my deep game town game.

I personally think it's scarier than my scum game.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by catboi »

Every take you post just makes me more and more worried. I don't see skitter as having interacted overly with flavor leaf at all, I think she's spoken about a number of people and this feels like a misrepresentation of her play.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 696, unwnd wrote:FL

You said you picked me to lead policy

I think the best D1 wagon is within the slankers, yeah sure they're not gonna drop associatives immediately but you drag them out or they die and we gain another day to sort. Based on this alone? I'd suggest RC/Gamma/Lunar and then I think at least one of them flips scum. Definitely not a team thing or anything mind you. I don't think the scum right now if I'm reading Chara correctly are too interested in this conversation they're having with skitter, and while I'm paranoid of skitter I believe her entertaining is at least telling in how scum want to play this day.

I'll give you something to chew on, while the animeposting was all good and fun and great, do you think scum would take that opportunity to post more? It's hard to decipher by actual posts but that small instance could be a small comfort. I sorta think RCE dropping off after anime was done is most telling in that sense but that's leading confbias.
I agree. I normally have an easier time reading RCE. Lunar is also someone I'm semi interested in knowing more.

I am starting to ease on Chara as well.

Ydrasse also disappeared after the anime talk.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”