Post by Aranfan »

Vote Count:

Aranfan - 1 (
Starbuck
)

Not Voting
:
KittyMo, Aranfan, image, Namttam

Starbuck seems town to me. She's wrong about my alignment, which anyone can see, I wouldn't be nearly so arrogant if wasn't confident I was in the right and everyone else in the town knew it.

KittyMo I haven't been able to get a read on, but Delibird looks kinda scummy on review.

image I'm undecided on, could be any.

Nattam, same as image.

I'm going to provisionally
Vote: Kitty
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

September 13th is the deadline for day 4.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry I've been neglecting this game; real life has gotten in the way. =S
Namttam wrote:
Aranfan wrote:Well, this game seems to have stalled nicely. From a short mental calculation, I think a no lynch is more likely to bite us in the ass than it is to help us.
Yes. No lynch is not a wise move at this point.
KittyMo wrote:What are everyone else's reads on people? I haven't really seen that much of analysis of people from any of you...
I feel best about Aranfan right now based upon his reaction to Starbuck's claim yesterday. I'm confused about Starbuck because her claim doesn't match up with what the town PM says but as I mentioned earlier, it appears that the mod did not use a standardized PM. The fact that she did claim using details which were rather specific makes me feel good about her being town. That leaves image and you(KittyMo). Right now I would peg image as the SK and you as the maf. But with so little to work with from you(and your predecessors), like I said I'm really looking forward to hearing more from you.
image wrote:@Namttam: I see what you are saying about Aranfan's response to Starbuck's claim. However, the phrase "no powers" had been quoted before in the thread,
so it's possible Aranfan-scum took a risk and had it pay off.
Never mind, it seems Aranfan was the one who pointed it out in the first place. Seems pretty unlikely to me that he is scum.

Starbuck's claim also seems genuine to me; we have pretty solid evidence that kik's PM contained the "no special powers" as Starbuck claimed to have, and there was no indication of this in the thread. Again, she could have been taking a risk or trying to set up an explanation for why she would be unable to answer other meta questions, but it seems like a horribly over-risky way of going about that.

Process of elimination therefore leaves Namttam and KittyMo as scum. KittyMo seems to be gearing up to vote Aranfan; I'd like to see the rest of her analysis. I'd peg KittyMo as SK and Namttam as maf, but doing a lot of analysis to figure out which is which seems unnecessary at this point.
I love how you two basically made the same post. In fact, on reading isos, you two tend to have the same playstyle. Neither of you post enough, you both bring up new points, neither of you are that scummy... Bleh. Let me read once more... If I had to choose who was scummier, I'd choose Namttam, because he's followed the crowd more. However, it's not by much. My gut says image, though.

I personally find Aranfan the scummiest, but since Namttam and image would rather play not in the spirit of the game, I don't think an Aranfan-lynch is possible. (I didn't read into the "no powers" part, as I would rather scumhunt than cheat, so I don't know if their reasoning makes sense or not. image said it best earlier:
image wrote: So, on the subject of hard evidence and PMs, we could get each person to post some unique confirmable characteristic of the VT PM, such as the number of times a certain letter occurs. Assuming everyone can count, this would lead to us outing all three scum and the doc, and we have enough people that we can afford the one potential mislynch.

However, I see this as going against the spirit of the game, even if not against the rules. Even getting MM to correctly claim his role name is pushing the border of sportsmanship, from my point of view; I would find it unfulfilling to catch scum in this way. )
So, my scumlist is the following:
Town to Scum:
KittyMo
Starbuck
Namttam
Aranfan

FOS: Aranfan
because I'm too tired to figure out whether he's scummy enough to vote. I do like his avatar, though, because my cat does that all the time, and she looks almost exactly like the cat in the avatar.

Thanks and g'night.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:00 am

Post by image »

KittyMo wrote:I personally find Aranfan the scummiest, but since Namttam and image would rather play not in the spirit of the game, I don't think an Aranfan-lynch is possible. (I didn't read into the "no powers" part, as I would rather scumhunt than cheat, so I don't know if their reasoning makes sense or not.
I'm disappointed that role PMs have played such a large role in this game. However, we would be fools to ignore information in the thread. Nor is it foolproof; Aranfan (or Starbuck) could still be scum, I just find it pretty unlikely at this point.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

Answering the prod, nice to know that no one else really has contributed.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am

Post by KittyMo »

image wrote:
KittyMo wrote:I personally find Aranfan the scummiest, but since Namttam and image would rather play not in the spirit of the game, I don't think an Aranfan-lynch is possible. (I didn't read into the "no powers" part, as I would rather scumhunt than cheat, so I don't know if their reasoning makes sense or not.
I'm disappointed that role PMs have played such a large role in this game. However, we would be fools to ignore information in the thread. Nor is it foolproof; Aranfan (or Starbuck) could still be scum, I just find it pretty unlikely at this point.
If I'm going to be called a "fool" for playing the game right, I might as well just replace out now, since I will not be changing my opinion on this matter.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am

Post by KittyMo »

Zer0, just replace me, please.

Next time, I'll be sure to read the thread before replacing in.

Good luck to those of you that actually want to play Mafia.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

Thank you for replacing in, Kitty. I was in the same boat you are, but decided to stick it out and finish the game. I understand why you are replacing out already.

Mod: Is this game abandoned? Is there any hope?
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Okay. I will find a replacement for KittyMo. This game is not abandoned, people just aren't posting very much and I know it will take a long time to find a replacement.
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry Zer0, & thanks Starbuck. I'll probably see you around again, since that seems to happen a lot... =]

"plz don't swear" -- N
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Tubby216 replaces KittyMo. The deadline is in 8 days. If needed to for Tubby216, I will push back the deadline a few days.
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok re[placing in and catching up
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Aranfan wrote:
Vote Count:

Aranfan - 1 (
Starbuck
)

Not Voting
:
KittyMo, Aranfan, image, Namttam

Starbuck seems town to me. She's wrong about my alignment, which anyone can see, I wouldn't be nearly so arrogant if wasn't confident I was in the right and everyone else in the town knew it.

KittyMo I haven't been able to get a read on, but Delibird looks kinda scummy on review.

image I'm undecided on, could be any.

Nattam, same as image.

I'm going to provisionally
Vote: Kitty
i do not like this post,

vote: aranfan

for saying a whole lot but not really telling us anything, plus in iso aranfan reads most likely scum
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Hi Tubby, long time no see. Why do I read as scum btw?
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Aranfan wrote:Hi Tubby, long time no see. Why do I read as scum btw?
EBWOP: Why do you think I read as scum btw? Is what what meant.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Aranfan »

Aranfan wrote:
Aranfan wrote:Hi Tubby, long time no see. Why do I read as scum btw?
EBWOP: Why do you think I read as scum btw? Is what what meant.
EBWOP: Is what I meant.*

*I seem to be off today.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

PROD SENT TO NAMMTAM
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Tubby, have you read the whole game? What are your thoughts on everyone?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 am

Post by tubby216 »

Hi thar aranfan!!

It was something that hit me when i read you in iso.

@starbuck,

yes read thread, read everyone left alive in iso,

thoughts on everyone else the only other one that stuck out was image, why not sure yet. something is not all josher there.
Namttam
Namttam
Goon
Namttam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Namttam »

Aranfan is at L-1. When I did my last review I basically ignored him because of his display of knowledge of the role PM in calling out Starbuck. Aranfan himself is relying upon this as proof of his alignment, which is what caused all of Starbucks new reasons for voting Aranfan. Starbuck's original reason for voting Aranfan was not a good one though. The only question I saw that wasn't answered was one which was answered by another player, and the two questions made an hour before the vote on Aranfan.

@tubby216- Starbuck has already claimed this to be a bluff, I'm assuming you are interpretting this the same way then. No? Also could you be more specific about what it was that made you vote Aranfan?
[i]~THe ONe ANd ONly~[/i]
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Namttam wrote:Aranfan is at L-1. When I did my last review I basically ignored him because of his display of knowledge of the role PM in calling out Starbuck. Aranfan himself is relying upon this as proof of his alignment, which is what caused all of Starbucks new reasons for voting Aranfan. Starbuck's original reason for voting Aranfan was not a good one though. The only question I saw that wasn't answered was one which was answered by another player, and the two questions made an hour before the vote on Aranfan.

@tubby216- Starbuck has already claimed this to be a bluff, I'm assuming you are interpretting this the same way then. No? Also could you be more specific about what it was that made you vote Aranfan?
yah pretty much ,, i look through it agian and most more on aranfan later
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Aranfan »

If I was just bluffing, then why did Vollkan back me up?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by image »

You could have been gambling and gotten lucky. I earlier dismissed this without much thought as a gamble a scum would be unlikely to take, at such a great risk. However, looking back and re-reading the exchange between MM and vollkan, there is really only one thing MM said which has a reasonable chance of having occurred in his PM. Suddenly the odds are much higher of such a gambit succeeding. Further, I would not be surprised if the scum had been reading that conversation with much attention to detail, and that they would have noticed this sooner. Plat claimed to have seen what he thought kiku was talking about; maybe rather than simply bluffing, he had noticed that there really wasn't much else kiku could have been referring to. I still don't see Aranfan as scum, but this is much less easily opened and closed than I originally assumed.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Aranfan »

I said this before, but Monkey said he didn't have access to the PM when that phrase turned up.
Aranfan
Aranfan
Goon
Aranfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:28 am

Post by Aranfan »

Aranfan wrote:I said this before, but Monkey said he didn't have access to the PM when that phrase turned up.
EBWOP: Why would I gamble so much on something said while Monkey didn't have access to his PM?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”