Mafia 40: The Worst Game Ever - Game over!

Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:30 pm

Post by Sineish »

Just checking in quickly, I should have more time to post tomorrow.

Just to refute:
Seol wrote:Everybody apart from Sineish and Astro didn't just vote for Emptyger, they cited reasoning why they were voting Emptyger and they voted him early
They both have excuses (Sineish was Jadesmar at that point, who was lurking to the point of never posting at all...
Jadesmar, whose role I took over in this game, did not post at all in the thread before I replaced him, which was well after the Day 1 Emptyger lynch. In fact, his last
ever
post on this site was to sign up for this game.

I haven't worked out the interactions which either clear or convict Astronaut after RotN's death. I think he's looking pretty scummy right now, but I would like to work through this in my mind before voting.

S.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:38 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

So I believe we're still waiting for Windslicer to check in.

And I'd like to ask anyone else to refrain from voting Astro as of yet, as I'd like to have my ability work tonight in case we have 1 scum left and it isn't Astro.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Seol »

Pie
, we need a prod for Windslicer, please.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:38 am

Post by Seol »

In other news, we don't have to wait for Windslicer to show up in order to say stuff. In particular, I would really like feedback on the Astro suicide "double-lynch" backup plan, especially from Astro.
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:42 am

Post by WindSlicer »

Hey, reporting in, sorry for the delay - I just kept putting it off.

I think it is kind of odd that they would choose to off ROTN when he was pretty high on the suspect list, but that makes me think that Astronaut isn't mafia. I can't see how if Astro is mafia why he would even risk night-killing the one person that might be a little scummier than him, especially this far into the game.

I also think that there is a godfather still out, so those of you who are just taking the non-guilty verdict ones into account may want to rethink a bit. I'm not sure why but Seol is looking a little guilty to me, just because he is trying to push a lynch (I believe that Seol was found innocent, but I remember someone was double-confirmed, was it him? Anyways..) And he's pretty much not even entertaining the idea about the night kill not being against Astro, which kind of makes me suspicious, because if the mafia killed ROTN (and Astro isn't a mafia) then they would probably go for the Astro lynch at this time.

Those are my main thoughts so far :) Good mornin' to ya'll.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:23 am

Post by Seol »

WindSlicer wrote:Hey, reporting in, sorry for the delay - I just kept putting it off.

I think it is kind of odd that they would choose to off ROTN when he was pretty high on the suspect list, but that makes me think that Astronaut isn't mafia. I can't see how if Astro is mafia why he would even risk night-killing the one person that might be a little scummier than him, especially this far into the game.
But why would anyone
else
night-kill Astro? The situation was looking like a clear choice between RotN and Astro going into today. Why would anyone want to eliminate a likely pro-town lynch candidate?

Again we see the RotN nightkill being used as a basis of reasoning to look away from Astro.
That's a reason why Astro might have made the kill
WindSlicer wrote:I also think that there is a godfather still out, so those of you who are just taking the non-guilty verdict ones into account may want to rethink a bit. I'm not sure why but Seol is looking a little guilty to me, just because he is trying to push a lynch (I believe that Seol was found innocent, but I remember someone was double-confirmed, was it him? Anyways..)
Yes, I have been found innocent by two separate investigators, but then if I were Godfather I'd appear innocent to both anyway, so that doesn't prove me innocent any more than the existing result proves Vesuvan innocent. I'm pretty much convinced there's a Godfather out there (because the existing dead noobs have been described as "goons").

When I believe I'm right, such as I do now (and did yesterday, and the day before) I will push my views very strongly until someone gives me a reason to rethink. Right now,
Astro is the right lynch
. My opinion on this has only been reinforced by his behaviour today.
WindSlicer wrote:And he's pretty much not even entertaining the idea about the night kill not being against Astro, which kind of makes me suspicious,
This I don't understand. The night kill
wasn't
against Astro, it was against RotN. If you meant it doesn't support Astro, I draw your attention to my earlier arguments. It's entirely possible I haven't considered all possibilities, but if you have a problem with my arguments, please tell me where I'm going wrong.
WindSlicer wrote:because if the mafia killed ROTN (and Astro isn't a mafia) then they would probably go for the Astro lynch at this time.
The only reason I can see for the Mafia to go for an Astro lynch over anyone else is that he's a hell of a lot more suspicious-looking, so he's an easier lynch. If the Mafia wanted an easy town lynch today, and Astro's pro-town, why would they eliminate the other option (RotN)? He doesn't have any power in his role, so he's therefore less of a threat to the Mafia than pretty much anyone else.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

Seol wrote:Right now,
Astro is the right lynch
. My opinion on this has only been reinforced by his behaviour today.
Actually, it was pretty well decided by his behavior yesterday; I just like the idea of leaving the bait out there in case he has a partner still living. Windslicer just took the bait (specific line of reasoning being looked for based on my comments which shows a high likelihood of mafia), just like Astro did in the lynch on Dranko yesterday.

Vote: Astronaut

On the idea of Seol being scum, it's extremely unlikely since I wouldn't still be around if he was.

On the idea of an Astro suicide, I'm all for it in theory, though I'd consider it breaking the spirit of the game.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:32 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

Votecount

Astronaut-2 (Seol, Vesuvan)

4 to lynch.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:58 am

Post by Kerplunk »

I'm all in.

vote: Astronaut
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:39 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days, should've told you.

Oh well, so you guys think I'm scummy. What else is new? I see that there's little chance of me talking myself out of a lynch, but why on earth aren't we holding off the lynch until the odds have improved?
Seol wrote:When I believe I'm right, such as I do now (and did yesterday, and the day before) I will push my views very strongly until someone gives me a reason to rethink. Right now, Astro is the right lynch. My opinion on this has only been reinforced by his behaviour today.
You're wrong. No lynch is the right play today, and you of all should know why.

I don't like repeating myself, but it seems to be necessary: With two scum, we could lynch now with 1/3 chance of making the correct lynch, then no lynch and lynch with 1/3 chance of getting it right. Alternatively, we could no lynch, then lynch with 1/5 chance of hitting scum and then 1/3 chance.

With different numbers, the point is the same if we've only got one scum left. Bottom line: Since we will have to no lynch sooner or later, we should do so now to benefit from it straight away.

vote: no lynch

As for the suicide plan, that ain't gonna happen. Why would I kill myself and worsen the odds for town? I'm sure there are situations where this could be beneficial (i.e. my innocense would incriminate someone else), but this is not one of them. Alive scummy pro-town > Dead confirmed pro-town.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Post by Seol »

Astro wrote:. No lynch is the right play today, and you of all should know why.

I don't like repeating myself, but it seems to be necessary: With two scum, we could lynch now with 1/3 chance of making the correct lynch, then no lynch and lynch with 1/3 chance of getting it right. Alternatively, we could no lynch, then lynch with 1/5 chance of hitting scum and then 1/3 chance.

With different numbers, the point is the same if we've only got one scum left. Bottom line: Since we will have to no lynch sooner or later, we should do so now to benefit from it straight away.

Those numbers are assuming that each person is equally likely to be lynched, and equally likely to be scum. That's not the situation here. The situation here is that you're about to be lynched. You acknowledge that here -
Astronaut wrote:Oh well, so you guys think I'm scummy. What else is new? I see that there's little chance of me talking myself out of a lynch, but why on earth aren't we holding off the lynch until the odds have improved?
If we're going to lynch you anyway,
what odds are being improved?
That logic applies in crapshoot situations, not in situations where there's one front runner for the lynch already. Or, to put it another way, a mislynch tomorrow is no better than a mislynch today, so why should we sacrifice a townie? I'd say that the no-lynch reasoniing is a naive oversimplification, but for this:
Astro wrote:As for the suicide plan, that ain't gonna happen. Why would I kill myself and worsen the odds for town? I'm sure there are situations where this could be beneficial (i.e. my innocense would incriminate someone else), but this is not one of them. Alive scummy pro-town > Dead confirmed pro-town.
And here you really shoot yourself in the foot - the arguments in favour of no-lynch are also arguments in favour of your suiciding. In the case where you're the townie, if we no-lynch then we wake up with one less townie of the scum's choice, but if we suicide we get to lynch as if we'd just no-lynched and gone to night, but we get to choose for the scum to kill you, our most scummy-looking person. So, you're quite happy to spin it one way for the no-lynch, but then "don't realise" the equivalence (which I've already pointed out!) when it comes to suiciding and spin it the other way.

From your perspective, suicide should be the right play too, because it's looking like if you're going to get lynched today anyway. If there are two Mafia, and you're town, then a mislynch is game for the Mafia. By suiciding and giving us effectively two lynches, you would still be in the game.

But, of course, you can't, because you're scum and you don't have the restriction you claimed to have.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:44 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Seol wrote:If we're going to lynch you anyway, what odds are being improved?
Just because you decided three days ago that I am to be lynched, that doesn't mean that the rest of town agree. If I'm being lynched tomorrow it probably doesn't matter if we wait one day, but that's no reason not to play by the book. I'm looking for an over-night miracle, there might be pro-town power roles at work that you and I don't know of. Or maybe you do know of them, you just don't want to give them time to act because you're the godfather. Either way, we know the mafia are capable of one kill each night, but we don't know what town are capable of. Yes, I know we did the mass claim, but there are times when it is beneficial for a pro-town not to reveal his abilities.
Seol wrote:Or, to put it another way, a mislynch tomorrow is no better than a mislynch today.
You're acting like a mislynch today is better than a mislynch tomorrow. If you hold off the lynch until tomorrow, you'll at least know that you played it correctly. If I were scum, I'd have no reason to delay my lynch any further, especially if I had a scum buddy I'd risk compromising.
Seol wrote:From your perspective, suicide should be the right play too, because it's looking like if you're going to get lynched today anyway.
Why don't we have a look at things from my perspective? I kill myself, you lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with no new info. I don't kill myself, we go into night (possibly gaining new info) and then we do the lynch.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:26 am

Post by Seol »

Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:If we're going to lynch you anyway, what odds are being improved?
Just because you decided three days ago that I am to be lynched, that doesn't mean that the rest of town agree.
Huh? Where does that "three days ago" come from? If you don't think you're a good lynch, then maybe it would be an idea to respond to my arguments against you?
Astronaut wrote:If I'm being lynched tomorrow it probably doesn't matter if we wait one day, but that's no reason not to play by the book. I'm looking for an over-night miracle, there might be pro-town power roles at work that you and I don't know of. Or maybe you do know of them, you just don't want to give them time to act because you're the godfather. Either way, we know the mafia are capable of one kill each night, but we don't know what town are capable of. Yes, I know we did the mass claim, but there are times when it is beneficial for a pro-town not to reveal his abilities.
Oh right - so it's
not
a theoretical argument about the odds (the "by-the-book" play, which I've already said I don't think applies here), like you've been arguing before, it's a vague hope for an unclaimed power-role that we have no evidence exists?
Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:Or, to put it another way, a mislynch tomorrow is no better than a mislynch today.
You're acting like a mislynch today is better than a mislynch tomorrow.
No, I'm saying there's no difference. Therefore, if lynching you is going to be a mislynch, I'd much rather we were talking about you than no-lynch right now, because as far as I'm concerned, the really pressing issue is lynching correctly, not when we do it. I would however say that I can't see any reason to think we'd learn anything relevant to the correctness of lynching you overnight if we no-lynched.
Astronaut wrote:If you hold off the lynch until tomorrow, you'll at least know that you played it correctly. If I were scum, I'd have no reason to delay my lynch any further, especially if I had a scum buddy I'd risk compromising.
I don't think it
is
the correct play, though, and that's a WIFOM argument, again.
Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:From your perspective, suicide should be the right play too, because it's looking like if you're going to get lynched today anyway.
Why don't we have a look at things from my perspective? I kill myself, you lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with no new info. I don't kill myself, we go into night (possibly gaining new info) and then we do the lynch.
We do have new info - we know that you're innocent. That's as much new info as we're likely to get overnight, except that it's likely we'll find out somebody like Vesuvan, who's much
less
under scrutiny, is innocent. Finding out you're innocent is much more useful than finding out anyone else is innocent. Furthermore, we don't waste a lynch on you.

The argument for your suicide is only in the case where you're going to be lynched anyway, but that is looking incredibly likely at the moment. You die either way, however if there
are
two Mafia, and you
are
town, your suiciding is the
only way you can win
(assuming there isn't a hidden role which can save us :roll: ).

The only circumstance in which no-lynching is superior to your suiciding for the town is if
you
are a power-role. If that's what you're hinting towards here, quite frankly, I don't buy it.

Now, if you wanted to try and persuade me you're
not
the correct lynch, if you want to actually look at the arguments against you, then I'm all for that. It just looks to me like you're conceding you are the correct lynch, but are trying to put it off until tomorrow.

Also,
Pie
, could you please prod Windslicer and Sineish? I've seen Sineish online at least three times over the weekend, I don't know whether he's forgotten about the topic, doesn't have anything to add, or is just plain lurking, but we need to hear from both of them.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:45 am

Post by Sineish »

I don't have much time right now, so I'll just say that I think you're right Seol, that an Astronaut suicide would seem to be the optimal play. I'll review again tonight when I get home.

S.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:04 am

Post by Seol »

Sineish wrote:I don't have much time right now, so I'll just say that I think you're right Seol, that an Astronaut suicide would seem to be the optimal play. I'll review again tonight when I get home.
Yep, except that if he's scum he'll obviously never do it (and is probably incapable of it anyway), and therefore never acknowledge it as an optimal strategy.
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:08 am

Post by WindSlicer »

*shrugs* no lynch looks like the best option to me.

Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:12 am

Post by Astronaut »

Seol wrote:Huh? Where does that "three days ago" come from?
Well, how about:
Seol wrote:When I believe I'm right, such as I do now (and did yesterday, and the day before) I will push my views very strongly until someone gives me a reason to rethink. Right now, Astro is the right lynch.
Seol wrote: If you don't think you're a good lynch, then maybe it would be an idea to respond to my arguments against you?
And what are your arguments? A) I'm scummy, B) I have a questionable voting pattern and C) I don't want to suicide? As I've been telling you for the last couple of days, there's not much to do about A) and B), as for C), I think I explained that in my last post.
Seol wrote:
Astro wrote: If I'm being lynched tomorrow it probably doesn't matter if we wait one day, but that's no reason not to play by the book. I'm looking for an over-night miracle, there might be pro-town power roles at work that you and I don't know of. Or maybe you do know of them, you just don't want to give them time to act because you're the godfather. Either way, we know the mafia are capable of one kill each night, but we don't know what town are capable of. Yes, I know we did the mass claim, but there are times when it is beneficial for a pro-town not to reveal his abilities.
Oh right - so it's not a theoretical argument about the odds (the "by-the-book" play, which I've already said I don't think applies here), like you've been arguing before, it's a vague hope for an unclaimed power-role that we have no evidence exists?[
/quote]It's
both
the theoretical argument about the odds(the "by-the-book" play, which I'd like to hear why you think doesn't apply here),
and
it's the vague hope of an unclaimed power role.
Seol wrote:The only circumstance in which no-lynching is superior to your suiciding for the town is if you are a power-role. If that's what you're hinting towards here, quite frankly, I don't buy it.
Bah, how obvious does one have to be... I'm no power role, I made an honest claim. But in case you didn't notice, we had no nightkill on night seven. Which means they targetted Vesuvan, or there is a power role out there. I know which one I find more plausible.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:20 am

Post by Seol »

Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:
Astronaut wrote:Just because you decided three days ago that I am to be lynched, that doesn't mean that the rest of town agree.
Huh? Where does that "three days ago" come from?
Well, how about:
Seol wrote:When I believe I'm right, such as I do now (and did yesterday, and the day before) I will push my views very strongly until someone gives me a reason to rethink. Right now, Astro is the right lynch.
Ah, sorry, I always read "day" as "game day". Yes, three days ago I was sure you were the right lynch, and I'm still sure, but that's my opinion. Let me point out that you have three votes (one off lynch) a fourth person is suggesting you suicide, and the only other remaining player is probably your scum-buddy. The rest of the town seems to agree to a fair extent, actually.
Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:If you don't think you're a good lynch, then maybe it would be an idea to respond to my arguments against you?
And what are your arguments? A) I'm scummy, B) I have a questionable voting pattern and C) I don't want to suicide? As I've been telling you for the last couple of days, there's not much to do about A) and B),
So let me get this right - your official position on those is you have nothing to say in your defence? I thought that was what you were saying, but I wanted to make sure I had it right.
Astronaut wrote:as for C), I think I explained that in my last post.
Astronaut, in the aforementioned last post, wrote:Why don't we have a look at things from my perspective? I kill myself, you lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with no new info. I don't kill myself, we go into night (possibly gaining new info) and then we do the lynch.
I've already elaborated on this, but I'll repeat myself in a nice concise manner. All of this is assuming you are town, and there are two Mafia left, as if there's just one Mafia left the situation is strictly better for the town:

You kill yourself, we lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with the only additional info being that you are indeed a townie. However, as you're dead, that lynch can't be you, so it stands a chance of hitting scum.

We lynch you, we lose a pro-towner and are 3 town to 2 Mafia and lose.

We no-lynch, we lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with the only additional info being the scum's nightkill choice (see later on for my thoughts on the possibility of there being any more useful information). The next day we lynch you and lose.

Currently you have three votes. Half the town - including
both
cop-cleared players remaining - think you're scum. It's not hyperbole to say you're on the verge of being lynched, especially as you don't seem to be able to defend yourself or even suggest a good alternative lynch. Hell, by voting no-lynch you've put yourself in a position where you
can't
argue for an alternative lynch.

Furthermore - and this is a new argument that's only just come to light, we do get useful information from your suicide. You were on three votes, and both Sineish and Windslicer posted after you. If we had two Mafia, and either of them had voted then, that would have won them the game. Therefore, if you're town, that either clears both Sineish and Windslicer or there's only one Mafia left, which is actually really useful information. Therefore, we both get better information and we eliminate an almost inevitable game-losing mislynch if you suicide.

But, of course, you can't and won't.
Astronaut wrote:
Seol wrote:
Astronaut wrote:If I'm being lynched tomorrow it probably doesn't matter if we wait one day, but that's no reason not to play by the book. I'm looking for an over-night miracle, there might be pro-town power roles at work that you and I don't know of. Or maybe you do know of them, you just don't want to give them time to act because you're the godfather. Either way, we know the mafia are capable of one kill each night, but we don't know what town are capable of. Yes, I know we did the mass claim, but there are times when it is beneficial for a pro-town not to reveal his abilities.
Oh right - so it's not a theoretical argument about the odds (the "by-the-book" play, which I've already said I don't think applies here), like you've been arguing before, it's a vague hope for an unclaimed power-role that we have no evidence exists?
It's both the theoretical argument about the odds(the "by-the-book" play, which I'd like to hear why you think doesn't apply here),
Because those numbers are contrived to the point of being useless - they refer to a theoretical situation where everyone is looking equally suspicious, which doesn't reflect the current situation. If everyone did stand a 1/6 chance of being lynched, and we had no information on which to base that lynch, you'd be 100% correct. However, what information we have indicts you, and I can't think of anything that could happen overnight that would change my mind about you being the correct lynch. If you're the correct lynch, then there's no reason to no-lynch now.

I could just as easily argue that, if we no-lynch and there are two Mafia left, it would only take one townie voting for another townie to lose the game whereas at the moment it would take two townies to vote for another townie to lose the game, therefore we're in a safer position lynching today. I think that argument is actually slightly less fatuous, but it's still not a good argument.
Astronaut wrote:and it's the vague hope of an unclaimed power role.
Seol wrote:The only circumstance in which no-lynching is superior to your suiciding for the town is if you are a power-role. If that's what you're hinting towards here, quite frankly, I don't buy it.
Bah, how obvious does one have to be... I'm no power role, I made an honest claim. But in case you didn't notice, we had no nightkill on night seven. Which means they targetted Vesuvan, or there is a power role out there. I know which one I find more plausible.
:shock:

I'd completely forgotten about that. However, I don't think it makes any difference - one of the following is true:

1) Something prevented the kill at its source (eg roleblocker, redirector who redirected to Vesuvan).
2) Something prevented the kill at its target (eg doctor, self-protect [this includes the Mafia having targeted Ves] - and I agree that in this situation it is correct for the role to not claim their ability).
3) There was no kill attempt to prevent - there was a deliberate no-kill.

Let's assume one of the first two is true. Two things could happen at night - another kill could be prevented, or the kill could go through.

What if the kill is prevented - what does that tell us? It only helps us in one case - case number 1, where the roleblocker/redirector/whatever proves who's scum (which has been used successfully behind a lynch once already this game, on Thok). If that was the case, then that's our explanation for the night 7 missing kill too... in which case why wouldn't the blocker have told us already, yesterday, netting us a scum? On that basis, I think we can discount case number 1.

In case 2, all we have is a no-lynch night with no kills, which puts us back where we are now, other than the knowledge that either there is a doc or a self-protecting role in the game, or the scum skipped their kill again. That information doesn't help us with our lynch. If that's the miracle you're hoping for, all it amounts to is effectively being as if we didn't no-lynch in the first place.

If the kill goes through, though, the situation is no different to the one with no hidden role, so we revert to standard no-lynch arguments. Even if there is a power-role out there (based on the night 7 no-death), it's not the sort of role that would help us in a no-lynch situation.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:11 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Votecount

Astronaut-3 (Kerplunk, Seol, Vesuvan)
NoLynch-2 (Winslicer, Astronaut)

4 to lynch.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

Astronaut wrote:Why don't we have a look at things from my perspective? I kill myself, you lose a pro-towner and have to do a new lynch with no new info. I don't kill myself, we go into night (possibly gaining new info) and then we do the lynch.
Windslicer wrote:*shrugs* no lynch looks like the best option to me.

WTF?!

Well, I think Astro and Windslicer just claimed "scum".

Let's lynch and get this over with unless Astro is actually going to suicide.

(Also, on the missing nightkill, there's also the possibility that Wacky was immune to nightkills on that night as he evidently hadn't been making kills of his own. Beside which, I don't know why Astro is even bringing that up unless he's trying to misdirect us with irrelevant stuff, which is something I've found to be a reasonably reliable scum tell - not that we need any more indications at this stage)
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:55 pm

Post by WindSlicer »

To clarify my no lynch vote.. I just see Seol coming off too strongly and that just strikes me as godfather-like for some reason. I still think that a mafia not including Astro would do well to lynch ROTN because it would leave Astro as being the most suspicious and provide only one target for the next day - causing it to hopefully go quickly (because the more discussion there is, the more chance that scum will be found out.) If there is a 2-person mafia and Astro is not in it, then they have won the game if we lynch Astro - you seem to be ignoring this Seol! You keep saying that Astro is the best lynch and there's no reason that we shouldn't vote him, but there is! If he is not mafia then the game is practically over.

No lynch is definitely the best way to go because #1 someone will be gone and that will help us eliminate possible scum groups and connections and #2 maybe someone will have more info (I am also with Astro in the fact that there could be a hiding power role out there).

I see no reason to lynch today when it could lead to a town loss, and we will always have more info with an extra day.
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Post by Sineish »

Windslicer wrote:I still think that a mafia not including Astro would do well to lynch ROTN because it would leave Astro as being the most suspicious and provide only one target for the next day
Instead of having 2 innocent people being most suspicious? I think that would be more to their advantage, especially as getting one lynched would line the other up for lynching the next day.
Vesuvan wrote:Also, on the missing nightkill, there's also the possibility that Wacky was immune to nightkills on that night as he evidently hadn't been making kills of his own
Except that Wacky was lynched D6 and the missing kill is from N7.
Vesuvan wrote:Let's lynch and get this over with unless Astro is actually going to suicide.
I think I've heard pretty much all I need to hear, I'm just waiting for Astro to suicide now.

S.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:20 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

Sineish wrote:
Vesuvan wrote:Also, on the missing nightkill, there's also the possibility that Wacky was immune to nightkills on that night as he evidently hadn't been making kills of his own
Except that Wacky was lynched D6 and the missing kill is from N7.
Okay, my bad - didn't check the time-line before typing that. The point remains, however, that it's an irrelevant point to bring up as it would assume that a power-role (of any sort) would claim to be a vanilla townie rather than truthfully claim and help provide additional information at this stage.
Vesuvan wrote:Let's lynch and get this over with unless Astro is actually going to suicide.
I think I've heard pretty much all I need to hear, I'm just waiting for Astro to suicide now.[/quote]

Likewise. And I'm getting the indication from the lack of mod-disapproval and from the arguments Astro is using to avoid doing so (i.e. "it would eliminate a pro-towner rather than letting the mafia choose who to eliminate" rather than "it's against the spirit of the game"), I expect he's lying about this.
Windslicer wrote:I just see Seol coming off too strongly and that just strikes me as godfather-like for some reason.
I've played with Seol enough times that we have something of a rivalry (like you can't tell looking over our posts throughout the game). I have been unprotected by my ability on nights where I would expect Seol, if scum, to have killed me. I'm fairly certain from this fact, beyond what I consider an ability to "read" him fairly well, that he is not scum. If necessary, I can do up a 2000-odd word post detailing why I think he's not scum, but given the source of this accusation I think I can spare us all the need to read through one of those.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:21 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

er... missed a [quote] tag there... :/ That second quote is Sinesh quoting me.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:06 am

Post by Seol »

Sineish wrote:I think I've heard pretty much all I need to hear, I'm just waiting for Astro to suicide now.
I don't think that's going to happen. He was online, posted elsewhere, and logged off without posting here over an hour ago. Time to finish him, I think.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”