Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:27 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline necessary?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:32 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Nice try, massive. But compare.
I:
1. have a claimed investigative clearing of me (Tigris, who is mathcam's ex-contact beyond reasonable doubt.)
2. made a kill the mod indicated was by a pro-town player with a one-shot ability (the bullet had a name, and "aw, crap"). No one else has stepped forward to challenge this claim.
3. have an ironclad alibi for last night, namely, I was busy shooting someone else at the time.
Whereas you:
1. have no investigative clearing whatsoever.
2. must be scum
even were I in fact the rogue sherriff
. I can only have been responsible for one kill, and there were three. Tigris doesn't shoot, he stabs; Werebear and Nanook have confirmed their roles by demonstration; Skrrgh has been cop-cleared.
3. Are one of only two people to vote neither for Narninian nor for PopsicleStix. The other was Gaspode. Gaspode was scum.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:46 am

Post by Werebear »

Sounds logical to me.

Vote: massive
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:31 am

Post by massive »

If you're the rogue sheriff, tss, then it calls into question Tigris's role. We already know he kills, and obviously if you're the rogue sheriff then I sincerely doubt that Tigris found you innocent.

I find it interesting that the only person you killed was the sheriff, which matches my description of the rogue sheriff.

I am fine if you want to lynch me. I think there is two killing parties left, but they're independent of each other, so the town can still win. I think it's increasingly possible that the rogue sheriff could ONLY kill the sheriff, and that's why he hasn't killed "up until now".

Killers: If you both are able to kill tonight, and you manage to target different townies, you are making a townie the kingmaker. You have to kill the other killer to have better than 50% at winning - and hope he doesn't kill you.

I also want to add one more thing, so you can have it for tomorrow. In the middle of the day, I received info that I had a weird feeling about last night's kills. I posted immediately after receiving this info asking exactly that, and got no response. I am taking it to mean that one of the kills last night was performed by the rogue sheriff - not that has any effect on the game since we know that at least ONE of the killer has to be the rogue sheriff. Just please keep that in mind tomorrow.

Go town.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:32 am

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* Something tells me I'm going to regret this, but
vote: massive
. I did receive tss back as innocent and I truly hope I'm sane. If you aren't anti-town, then I'm not killing tonight as it would be possible to end up with 1 anti/1 pro or 2 anti, either of which is a town loss, if you are, Skrrrgh is most likely to be my target as if there is only one evil left going into tomorrow with 3 makes it easier then 4 as it gives us two chances to get the evil.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:17 am

Post by massive »

I'm pretty sure that's four and we're in twilight. Good luck town. Pretty good, tss.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:18 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

The town grew weary and closed in on Massive. "You all don't seem to understand! I'm not the one you should be lynching! I'm innocent- in fact- I've been trying to save the town for ages! And this is how you repay me!?"

The town members didn't seem interested. "Everything points in your direction, Massive." They moved toward Massive eyes fixed on him.

"No- no, no! I- I... I can prove it!"

Everyone stopped a moment. Massive reached into his pocket. The object glistened in the setting sun.

"It's a gun!"

The nearest townsperson siezed Massive and soon enough, plenty of help came upon him. They strung him up and let him fall. As the rope pulled tight, Massive's arm fell and his hand opened slowly. Out dropped a shiney object. The townsperson that siezed him first went up to it and held it up. It was a tarnished, old star pin.

Massive, Retired Deputy, was lynched.

It is night 8, choices please.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:18 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Once again the town awakens with one member short. You all head over to NanooktheWolf's house. Confused that it's empty, you all head back into town. As you walk by the bank you notice Nanook's body on the ground, knife sticking up out of him.

Nanookthewolf, Banker, was stabbed.

It is Day 8, with 4 people remaining, it is 3 to lynch.
Last edited by Dragon Slayer on Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I suppose it would help if I unlocked the topic, huh?

-DS
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:57 pm

Tigris wrote:If you aren't anti-town, then I'm not killing tonight
No?
The only thing that makes sense is that Thoth and Jaylen did indeed both do the "extra" shootings night before last, and Tigris is the rogue sherriff, serial killer. Which means that if there is no other evil remaining, as seems likely, we will win by lynching him; and since we know who has the knife, we have no worries about lynching wrong. But if we lynch him and then there turns up a shooting tonight, then we lose, I think, so we would not be able to safely lynch anyone.
If we no-lynch and the only remaining evil is Tigris, we've lost nothing but one extra town member. But if we no-lynch and there are two evils left, one of them can win by killing Tigris, I think, since day will dawn with two deaths, so unless Tigris guesses the evil the town can't win...
I think on balance the odds favor lynching Tigris, but I will hold off voting until there is consensus.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:48 pm

Post by Tigris »

*shrug* I had a lengthy post written, but brevity (such as it is for me ^_^) is likely best right now.
1) Math was my contact (my apologies), he did receive tss as innocent, for what that is worth
2) Math and I are/were not pro-town, ever. Essentially it's a serial killer role, which is a great idea imo.
3)I lied twice (sorry, I honestly do not care for lying, but the game makes it necessary), both about not killing, I tried to kill the night before last (Thoth), but was blocked apparently.
4) Sadly enough, I'm not the rogue sheriff, I'm a bandit, hence the stabbing. I want to loot this place ^_^
5) I'm almost positive there's one more evil remaining, the ONLY possibility otherwise is either thoth or jaylen were the rogue sheriff and both of them killed two nights prior, which is too much of a stretch imo. (if you'll note, jaylen did not so much as blink at Thoth's claim of sheriff and went along with the idea of thoth having an informative role, hence almost no possibility of him trying to kill him that night. Add that to tss's chagrin at killing jaylen and the chances of one of them being the rogue sheriff are next to nil imo).
6) tss could have been lying about being one-shot, so any evil cannot get the other lynched without worry about being killed that night by a vigilante
7)All this means that no lynch is in everyone's best interest. (Oh and a side note to the other evil, if I think for an instant that you'll betray me, I'll send in no kill choice and the town will lynch you as it will be 3 left one evil. I'm going for a tie personally i.e. I kill tss and you kill either skrrrgh or werebear (whichever you are not and we quarrel over who takes the town, although I just want the loot ^_~)) Nanook was part of the only possible danger to an anti-town win, hence why I killed him.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* My apologies for double posting, but I'm too tired to think properly enough to even add
vote: no lynch
to a long post meh.
Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:09 pm

Post by Skrrgh »

Whatever we do, we should wait for Werebear to weigh in with his night's result. I am leaning towards Tigris being the last of the anti town. With at least Mathcam, Tigris making up the bandit faction and at least Narnian, Gaspode and Popsiclestix being the McGills, that makes confirmed anti-town slightly less than 1/4 of the town. 1/4 is a reasonable enough ammount of anti-town when it is a split 1/4. No vote until Werebear adds his input, though.
Oh man if Tori Amos were here right now she'd need so many hugs from me. [url=http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003]- Roastbeef[/url]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:21 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

1 No Lynch (Tigris)

3 Not voting (Skrrgh, TSS, Werebear)

3 to lynch

Now for the real reason of this post...

*bump*
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:31 am

Post by Werebear »

I investigated TSS, but I did not get a result, as I couldn't go to the bank to get money to open my store. Which really sucks. I learned with Jaylen that my night choice happens first thing in the morning instead of with all the other night choices. However, Nanook's death at least verified my investigation of him (He got the wallet, remember?)

Here's a list of what we have:

Tigris - bandit, scum
Werebear - shopkeeper
The Silent Speaker - Old Man Miller (vig with 1 bullet)
Skrrgh - townie (cleared by Thoth, bought fruit at the store)

Now, Thoth is the one piece of this puzzle that's driving me nuts. Why don't we know anything about him? DS, why would you put --???-- as his role? If we knew he was town, OR if we knew he was scum, this would be a whole different game.

Well, anyways. We have one known scum who's come forth and is rooting for a nolynch. If there's only one scum, unless he has bonus kills, then we can always nab him tomorrow. If there's two scum, then unless they kill each other, the town is screwed either way, but the town's best chance is to let them kill each other off.

1 - shot
2 - stabbed
3 - shot, stabbed
4 - shot
5 - shot
6 - shot
7 - shot, shot
8 - stabbed

You say you attempted to stab night 7. What did you do nights 4,5,6? If Thoth (???) was indeed the last of the mafia shooting crew, then just the bandit remains, and we should lynch him. Wait a minute, what am I saying??? Thoth was shot night 7, and not by TSS. He couldn't have been the last of the mafia shooters, unless he shot himself. Which I doubt. Since TSS was busy shooting Jaylen, that leaves only Skrrrgh, Jaylen, Massive, Nanook or myself who shoot Thoth. Jaylen and Massive were supposedly cops, and Nanook was a banker. So, who shot Thoth?

Skrrgh, any light you can shed on this?
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:48 am

Post by Tigris »

*shrug* I was trying for the vigilante angle, so didn't want to kill too many people as that would ruin it. No kill was my choice on night 4 and 5. I attempted to kill on night 6 as well. And there were three shootings on night 7, which means unless both Thoth and Jaylen killed that night, there is one remaining shooter.

On night 6 it seemed a mistake to have not killed as often as I did (3 of 5 nights, first night receiving an investigation), so that's why I shifted strategies, but was blocked twice.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:22 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

DS, why would you put --???-- as his role?
There was no trace of evidence left as to tell who he was. You only know it was him because of who's already dead and since everyone has been identified but him, it must have been Thoth.
If we knew he was town, OR if we knew he was scum, this would be a whole different game.
I know, it sucks, doesn't it. :twisted:
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:41 am

the town's best chance is to let them kill each other off.
Unfortunately, they aren't going to. Tigris has already stated his intent to kill me.
IF we have 2-1-1 remaining, then I think our best chance is actually to lynch me today, taking away Tigris's chance to screw over the town tonight and forcing him to take his chances on killing the bad guy. But that's a hell of a big if, especially as there was no shooting last night. If we have 3-1 remaining, we must lynch Tigris if anybody or Tigris will win. Not lynching anyone will not hurt, in that case, but neither will it help because we aren't trying to guess which of us four is the lone knifeman. Not lynching
will
hurt in the 2-1-1 case because then we're guaranteed that scum won't target each other. The only way we can win if we have 2-1-1 and we don't lynch is if the shooter takes me down tonight also, and then we don't lynch tomorrow, and then the shooter and Tigris kill each other tomorrow night.
So I think not lynching is not the way to go, whatever else. Either we gamble on 2-1-1 and lynch me, or we gamble on 3-1 and lynch Tigris.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 am

Post by Werebear »

Hm. Lynching a known town would be very very bad if there was only 1 killer left. I think getting rid of Tigris would be the best bet so far.
Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Skrrgh »

*snip*

Thoth was shot night 7, and not by TSS. He couldn't have been the last of the mafia shooters, unless he shot himself. Which I doubt. Since TSS was busy shooting Jaylen, that leaves only Skrrrgh, Jaylen, Massive, Nanook or myself who shoot Thoth. Jaylen and Massive were supposedly cops, and Nanook was a banker. So, who shot Thoth?

Skrrgh, any light you can shed on this?
So I shot two people, CB
and
Thoth? If I were to be the only one left with a night kill, I'd have to be able to to kill two in one night. One of those kills would have been killing someone
actively supporting
me (thoth). I can garuntee you I am not Wild West Ninja Assassin Mafia with two kills a night.
Oh man if Tori Amos were here right now she'd need so many hugs from me. [url=http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003]- Roastbeef[/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:36 pm

Post by Werebear »

Bleh. You're right, there were two shots BESIDES the vigi kill, no stabbings. I"m going to think about this a while. Any input would be appreciated. rofl
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:03 pm

My theory is that Jaylen killed Thoth and Thoth killed CoolBot (athough Skrrgh-killed-CoolBot is still at least mathematically possible). But yes, the only strategy to win if we guess right will lose for us outright if we guess wrong.
Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:05 pm

Post by Skrrgh »

No one apparently wants to make the first bet in our gamble.

I will.

vote:Tigris
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:18 am

Post by Werebear »

Well, I have to make a decision sooner or later. I believe TSS as a vigi. I'm also going on my investigation of skrrgh, who bought fruit. I know I'm not scum. So,
Vote: Tigris
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:05 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

Tigris (Skrrgh, Werebear)
1 No Lynch (Tigris)

1 Not Voting (TSS)

3 to lynch

-DS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”