Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

The first sentence ("That is one good night.") Is super awkward, and it's similar to the congratulating-the-doctor tell.

My lynchpool for today is <WhyMafia, Not_Mafia, Kantrip, oldwino, MAYBE Kasumeat>.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 721, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:not much time now but is realeo avoiding me on purpose on his read list?
also ive been gone 23 hours and 4 people didnt post in that time
I simply forgot. Sorry. I felt comfortable with you.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by oldwino »

I have no idea why realeo has redacted and then hidden his thoughts about me. And no idea why vedith unvoted me after being so intent on killing me yesterday and immediately voting me when the day began. Maybe I'm not such a bright player after all. I've skimmed but not had time to think, just time to be puzzled by these two situation. Will put time into the game tomorrow. Hopefully a bright light will go on.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 727, oldwino wrote:I have no idea why realeo has redacted and then hidden his thoughts about me. Maybe I'm not such a bright player after all.
You're not at fault. I'm good with secrets.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

Raya was my strongest TR so I definitely need to re-evaluate this game. Her flip also makes me feel a little worse about Wino. Her post which acknowledges the case on him but ultimately ends with her "TRing" him is very typical of how I respond to my scumbros being cased when I'm scum.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Realeo »

I'm willing to release my reasoning to redact my read at oldwino if wino is wagoned and I have to take a position, but it would be unoptimal.

Just telling you what is on the table.

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Post by Vedith »

Realeo... :roll:
I claim scum \o/
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:26 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 729, Kasumeat wrote:Raya was my strongest TR so I definitely need to re-evaluate this game. Her flip also makes me feel a little worse about Wino. Her post which acknowledges the case on him but ultimately ends with her "TRing" him is very typical of how I respond to my scumbros being cased when I'm scum.
She wasn't my strongest TR, but close. She and I tended to agree on our reads and she TR'd me, which I know makes me look suspicious. However, she usually posted something agreeing with me after I posted it. Yep, that would fit if we were scum partners, but not very smart IMO because if one of us flipped scum that could point to the other. I was beginning to wonder if she was trying to pocket me, which was working. I have to re-evaluate my reads because of her flip. I scum read Dave too, and his town flip had already thrown my reads into the wind. Her scum flip added added another reason for me to reevaluate.

It's hard to separate my reads from my like/dislike of playstyle.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 697, Something_Smart wrote:Also I've started to realize the full weirdness of the setup I've created after playing it from the town side.
This screams 'scum' to me and I was just starting to move you from scum to null. WHY did you say this? Don't you think it screams scum?

And BTW, I like the set-up. In other matrix games I have played, town PR's have felt compelled to claim early and I think that ruins the game, despite some theories that early claiming helps town. Even if early claiming helps town, which I doubt, it takes away some of the fun. Thanks for the set-up.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:47 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 685, Realeo wrote:What ever you do, do not role claim.
I don't think scum would say this. I think scum would just keep quiet and hope some town PR role claims early, or reveals what they saw or did on N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 am

In post 733, oldwino wrote:
In post 697, Something_Smart wrote:Also I've started to realize the full weirdness of the setup I've created after playing it from the town side.
This screams 'scum' to me and I was just starting to move you from scum to null. WHY did you say this? Don't you think it screams scum?

And BTW, I like the set-up. In other matrix games I have played, town PR's have felt compelled to claim early and I think that ruins the game, despite some theories that early claiming helps town. Even if early claiming helps town, which I doubt, it takes away some of the fun. Thanks for the set-up.
I said it because it's true. In the first run of the setup, I was scum, and I didn't think about much regarding role interactions. Now I am. Thus, I said it. (And your question is a weird one: if I did think something I was going to say "screamed scum", why would I say it as either alignment?)

And you're welcome; I think it's a neat idea for a setup that's not super serious.

Also VOTE: Not_Mafia
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 735, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 733, oldwino wrote:

I said it because it's true. In the first run of the setup, I was scum, and I didn't think about much regarding role interactions. Now I am. Thus, I said it. (And your question is a weird one: if I did think something I was going to say "screamed scum", why would I say it as either alignment?)

And you're welcome; I think it's a neat idea for a setup that's not super serious.

Also VOTE: Not_Mafia
I asked because it seemed weird for you to say something so obvious that said "Hey, I'm town." Even if you are town, which is where I am starting to lean on you, doesn't saying it seem like too much of a town claim? Of course we're all going to say we are town.

What's your reason for voting 'Not Mafia?" Lack of play?

I'm still very sus of Aristo and his avoiding the lynch yesterday, but I'm willing to vote NM to get him participating (in a meaningful way).
VOTE: Not Mafia
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Vedith »

That won't convince NM to play.
If your only reason for voting NM is that, then you might as well do something more productive and vote else where.

Otherwise, if you think he is scum, why?
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:25 am

I thought Rory was scum, and Not_Mafia hasn't done anything to change my mind.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:33 am

In post 736, oldwino wrote:I asked because it seemed weird for you to say something so obvious that said "Hey, I'm town." Even if you are town, which is where I am starting to lean on you, doesn't saying it seem like too much of a town claim? Of course we're all going to say we are town.
And the point of that wasn't to say I'm town (and as you pointed out, saying you're town is NAI because every alignment does it). I was mentioning an observation that was relevant to my experience of the game and therefore might be relevant in helping others understand my thought process.

But by the way, I'm town. :mrgreen:
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:45 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 739, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 736, oldwino wrote:I asked because it seemed weird for you to say something so obvious that said "Hey, I'm town." Even if you are town, which is where I am starting to lean on you, doesn't saying it seem like too much of a town claim? Of course we're all going to say we are town.
And the point of that wasn't to say I'm town (and as you pointed out, saying you're town is NAI because every alignment does it). I was mentioning an observation that was relevant to my experience of the game and therefore might be relevant in helping others understand my thought process.

But by the way, I'm town. :mrgreen:
Fair point, since I commented on the game set-up.
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 737, Vedith wrote:That won't convince NM to play.
If your only reason for voting NM is that, then you might as well do something more productive and vote else where.

Otherwise, if you think he is scum, why?
I think lack of play = keeping one's head down (hiding) and that is scummy to me. It's certainly not pro-town. Why replace-in if you're not going to play? Of course, Dave fit the same profile and was town.
But Dave did start to respond after some votes and I am hoping NM will do the same. Otherwise, he should replace out.

I really leaned scum on Lane because I thought his posts didn't really contribute. He said a lot while saying nothing.
I think you (Vedith) post a lot too, but short posts without much content. Your sus of me on D1, your joking about vigging me, etc. etc. then your vote on my immediately on D2 without stating any reasons has me sus of you. Your unvoting me, without explanation, puzzles me.
Please explain why you suspected me in the first place and why you seem to not suspect me now (why else would you have unvoted me?).
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Day 2 VC 2

Not_Mafia: Something_Smart, oldwino

Not Voting: WhyMafia, Not_Mafia, Aristophanes, Kasumeat, Crush, Judge Joseph Dredd, Kantrip, Realeo, Vedith

Prodding Not_Mafia.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-07-23 12:30:00)

With 11 players, it's 6 to lynch!
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Aristophanes
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 am

In post 743, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Aristophanes
Don't trust my meta then?
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 am

Post by oldwino »

I still lean scum on Aristo too, but we couldn't get the wagon close enough to a lynch yesterday so I'd rather go after other scum today.

Why do you think he's scum? Reasons, not just a wagon to divert us from you.
Speak up, I can't hear you.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 741, oldwino wrote:I think you (Vedith) post a lot too, but short posts without much content. Your sus of me on D1, your joking about vigging me, etc. etc. then your vote on my immediately on D2 without stating any reasons has me sus of you. Your unvoting me, without explanation, puzzles me.
I don't care about reads on me.
I just wanted to know if you think NM is scummy. You say he is... But for the wrong reason.
NM does fuck all as any align. But I like that you're seeing it as scum considering you probably don't know it.
I claim scum \o/
Crush
Crush
Goon
Crush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Crush »

In post 713, Realeo wrote:Werewolf found.

VOTE: Crush
In post 714, Realeo wrote:Oh wait. Brain fartz.

UNVOTE:
You got me kinda curious though.
In post 725, Something_Smart wrote:
The first sentence ("That is one good night.") Is super awkward, and it's similar to the congratulating-the-doctor tell.
Kinda agree, don't know a good English word to describe how I feel about that remark. Fake is probably the closest
In post 734, oldwino wrote:
In post 685, Realeo wrote:What ever you do, do not role claim.
I don't think scum would say this. I think scum would just keep quiet and hope some town PR role claims early, or reveals what they saw or did on N1.
Meh, I don't think PR would ever out here.
In post 745, oldwino wrote:
I still lean scum on Aristo too, but we couldn't get the wagon close enough to a lynch yesterday so I'd rather go after other scum today.

Why do you think he's scum? Reasons, not just a wagon to divert us from you.
Speak up, I can't hear you.
Interested in Not_mafia's reasoning. But also do you think scum Aristo would claim VT there? It felt like he gave up way too easily to me.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

regarding not_mafia: this guy is playing in a way i never saw before. no content at all + very few posts + naked voting. its almost as if he wants to be lynched or vigged except we dont have a town vig in this setup. its going to be impossible for me to get a read there. the playstyle itself is scummy as fuck but i dont think scum would be so obvious and intimidating in their play. ill sheep someone who lmows him better if applicable. if not then i will vote there if no better option is presented
I AM THE LAW!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm too from. Will see what o can do thi
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Completed Open Games”