Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 723, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 716, Kop wrote:Call me scum, whatever, going for the easy route to claim say it I know you want too, but I never lie. I'm just a VT.
Sigh. This claim comes across as town... :facepalm:
I wasn't even gonna ask him to claim tbh and I disagree with your assessment.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Doesn't change the fact there's at least one scum in lalendra, DDL and kop and I intend to lynch in that today.

I'll have to re iso ddl. It could easily be lalendra though.
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Rei »

In post 708, Kop wrote:I would lynch within DDL, Lalendra and NSG personally. I don't have concrete reads, a lot of my reads are generally shit on day one, I tend to start to get better reading of players on day two when I have more information in front of me, that can give me a better view of things. Day one is just plain guesswork in terms of getting reads.

But those 3 I think is where I'd go. Call it gut feelings.
Weren't you telling us not to lynch a lurker on D1?

Lalendra and NSG are obviously lurkers so why do you want to lynch them despite your argument that lynching a lurker isn't helpful on d1?
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Rei »

In post 700, Kop wrote:Day one you go for someone who will provide legwork for day two rather than lynch a Lurker and just go with the attitude we will sort other slots out on day two. Your going to have the same problem when your targeting yet another lurker.
Now this just feels like you're trying to save yourself instead of helping town
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 725, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 723, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 716, Kop wrote:Call me scum, whatever, going for the easy route to claim say it I know you want too, but I never lie. I'm just a VT.
Sigh. This claim comes across as town... :facepalm:
I wasn't even gonna ask him to claim tbh and I disagree with your assessment.
I think/have heard town are more likely to claim before L-1 and a VT claim is towny
It might still be a good lynch so that we ensure we don't out a PR, but I'm definitely not scumreading the claim
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Well it's fine if you don't scum read the claim but it shouldn't matter imo.

Obviously scum are gonna claim in the towniest way possible. I avoid using claims to try and read someone unless that claim can be confirmed. Obviously VT is the easiest fake claim to make.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 664, Alchemist21 wrote:What’s your reason for scumreading Dr Dolittle?
Mostly surface level scum hunting. Like, his scum hunting doesn't feel real if that makes sense?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'll be back ~4 hours before deadline
Good with most of the proposed lynches as I've already stated

Agreed with the above DDL lynch
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*DDL read
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Rei »

What do you guys think of kop saying not to lynch a lurker then wanting to lynch one?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Kop is saying what he's gotta say so he doesn't get lynched.

My biggest issue is he regurgitated the 3 most popular sr's then had little to no reason for having lalendra ahead of mumble. Even claimed he had no good TR's (which I understand but when a reason for pushing someone is "they'll flip scum eventually" that's pretty suspect".
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Rei »

I know this will sound weird but the sudden shift to DDL now is giving me bad vibes
I feel like if Kop was town scum would've used that and he would've been hammered by now, but the sudden shift now just looks so weird even tho I am suspicious of DDL
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 731, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Mostly surface level scum hunting. Like, his scum hunting doesn't feel real if that makes sense?
I see. I might loon back at the time I played with him if I can find it but I remember misreading him for something that turned out to just be the way he does things and I’ve been keeping that in mind this game. I might have had the same issue then with him as you do now.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah I feel atm.

There's one scum in lalendra, DDL, kop.

There's one town that scum want to mislynch.

Then there's just someone thrown in there because it's convenient for both town and scum to throw in there.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 737, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 731, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I see. I might loon back at the time I played with him if I can find it but I remember misreading him for something that turned out to just be the way he does things and I’ve been keeping that in mind this game. I might have had the same issue then with him as you do now.
Nevermind all this. Only game I can find is where I was scum and he was Town. Unless there’s a later game with him I can’t find I don’t know why I remembered it the way I did.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 738, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah I feel atm.

Then there's just someone thrown in there because it's convenient for both town and scum to throw in there.
This post reminded me someone I had checked earlier had only defended Lalendra and made me think they couldn’t be scum together and it was Kop.

I could see a scenario where Kop defends Lalendra because it masks his own lurking but would lynch her if necessary.

I still prefer an Irrelephant lynch today but will switch to Kop if necessary.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 730, Tchill13 wrote:Well it's fine if you don't scum read the claim but it shouldn't matter imo.

Obviously scum are gonna claim in the towniest way possible. I avoid using claims to try and read someone unless that claim can be confirmed. Obviously VT is the easiest fake claim to make.
That seems silly. If scum always do things in the towniest way, how would we ever catch them? I disagree with this hard.
In post 734, Rei wrote:What do you guys think of kop saying not to lynch a lurker then wanting to lynch one?
I think it's quite an interesting catch. I think that it's weird for him to have so little opinion on polarizing players like TChill but hop on a lurker case this late.
In post 740, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 738, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah I feel atm.

This post reminded me someone I had checked earlier had only defended Lalendra and made me think they couldn’t be scum together and it was Kop.

I could see a scenario where Kop defends Lalendra because it masks his own lurking but would lynch her if necessary.

I still prefer an Irrelephant lynch today but will switch to Kop if necessary.
What do you think of my take on Irrelephant though?
In post 647, northsidegal wrote:
In post 549, Irrelephant11 wrote:Yeah... I like his play less the further I go
But he doesn't seem to care?

Which... is a little WIFOM-y but I guess on balance townier.
My scumread has certainly been waning but I didn't want to let up pressure yet. I look forward to your thoughts on him

I think my other question was about alchemist? I don't see what either you or tchill think is scummy about him?

Actually unless NSG has a drastic turnaround before EOD she's my new fav lynch. VOTE: northsidegal
why? for the record i know this is a strange thing to respond to but this stuck out to me a
lot
looking through the thread

if you presumably know my meta and are saying yourself that i'm not a difficult sort then i find this incredibly scummy for you to be doing this on day one. it also feels like you're ignoring the content i actually do have in the thread in favor of taking advantage of a period of inactivity that, as anyone could check, was sitewide and as such could not possibly be ai for this game

anyone else have thoughts on this?
Welcome back to the thread.

I provided my thoughts on this in an earlier response to Alch.

What are your thoughts on DDL's ISO? Do you think that, as someone else mentioned, his scum hunting seems shallow?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 741, Nauci wrote:What do you think of my take on Irrelephant though?
It nudges me to see him more Towny but only a little. If I’m understanding it correctly you’re saying he’s more static in his votes as scum. Maybe that’s true and I’m wrong about him but not being static feels like something scum could easily do in this game because wagons have been on several players.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm not saying there can't be 2 scum in there I'm just saying that's unlkely.

I doubt an irrelephant lynch happens today.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

You disagree that scum try to do things in the towniest way? OK then.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Nauci »

He's more... purpose driven as scum. When he's truly trying to figure out who scum is and has no idea, he's easily influenced by other players' opinions and comes across as more scattered because he's checking every option. He's the kind of player who flips over ever possibility in his head, and that energy gets focused towards the game and potential scum options as town, but ploys like every possible fake-claim option and its consequences as scum. I don't see him directing us away from any of the people we've FOSed thus far, and I feel like at least one of them would have had to be a scum partner that he'd defend if he was scum. Also he'd probably fear me instead of defend me because I have and would press him hard the moment he slips with the transparent, pro-town analysis, so playing against me would be exhausting to scumrelephant (hell, it should be hard work for townrelephant).
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 744, Tchill13 wrote:You disagree that scum try to do things in the towniest way? OK then.
Try, sure.

But succeed? Not frequently enough for doing things in towny ways counting
against
someone, somehow.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 742, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 741, Nauci wrote:What do you think of my take on Irrelephant though?
It nudges me to see him more Towny but only a little. If I’m understanding it correctly you’re saying he’s more static in his votes as scum. Maybe that’s true and I’m wrong about him but not being static feels like something scum could easily do in this game because wagons have been on several players.
I take back the bit I said about him defending me, because after what happened day 1 last game, this could totally be WIFOM
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah the purpose of scum is to be towny. That's their first and foremost driving factor. The purpose of town is to lynch scum but be towny enough not to be lynched.

Ik not about to get into game theory again. I'm just saying appearing towny through a claim is very,very easy.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 727, Rei wrote:
In post 708, Kop wrote:I would lynch within DDL, Lalendra and NSG personally. I don't have concrete reads, a lot of my reads are generally shit on day one, I tend to start to get better reading of players on day two when I have more information in front of me, that can give me a better view of things. Day one is just plain guesswork in terms of getting reads.

But those 3 I think is where I'd go. Call it gut feelings.
Weren't you telling us not to lynch a lurker on D1?

Lalendra and NSG are obviously lurkers so why do you want to lynch them despite your argument that lynching a lurker isn't helpful on d1?
Well lynching one of the lurkers to me right now, is probably the only option. There's not enough time in the day to go at the higher posters to provide a case from myself to convince others.

As for my claim, anyone can say I've took the easy route but if I was scum, I would probably claim a PR just to save my skin and hope that it buys me a extra day. And if it's countered then well I've done my job and drawn out a PR. But I've got no reason to lie and well if lynching me saves possibly outing another PR then I'm fine with that.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”