The Amazing Race

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:31 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I caught that too, Norinel but immediatly after, CBS ran a commercial about the next bootee on the Early Show, so I expected some trickery.
Norinel wrote:I think CoolBot's saying that the $5 was per person (Which with two racers and two crew makes 20) and the 40+ was per foursome.
Yeah, that's what I meant
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Post by MeMe »

Time for Colin to go. I would now be
seriously
upset if that ass won.

And I'm beginning to think that Mirna might have had something there when she said a few weeks ago that Christie's submissive. When she first apologized to him, I though "OK - smart girl. Just smooth things over to continue the race." But then at the pit stop they showed her saying that she was stressed out unnecessarily and that was wrong or whatever (not exact, but that was the vibe). Weird.

Go Chip & Kim!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:07 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Colin = needs a brain.

Christie = lacks aggression/too submissive/needs help.

Twins = made lame attempt to justify not stopping for the moms. I'd say that God made them lose all thier money because:

A. They didn't stop

Or

B. They helped Colin.

And Chip's "kharmic retribution" theory was equally lame. Although I'm more inclined to believe it, but that's another story.

But Chip and Kim are awesome, and I would love to see them win.

But not as much as the twins.

And maybe the moms.

Although I wonder if the moms thanked the guy leading the camel as well as thanking the camel itself.

And the bird at the pitstop was really cool :D
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:36 am

Post by CoolBot »

Colin's a jackass. I figured he give in before missing the plane, but it was a whole lot of stress for no reason.

There's really nothing wrong with not stopping. I was a bit annoyed the twins stopped for Colin. It's a race.

Good thing the cab driver for C&K were so understanding. I was certain they'd have to give him a watch or something. When Chip repeated his karma story, did anyone else just note if he only tipped $10 earlier, he wouldn't need anything from the world. Still my favorites, though.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:14 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

I hate Colin. I'll leave it at that. The twins stopping for Colin/Christie.. didn't like it but wouldn't call it a bad move. If they're ever stuck Colin and Christie will probably help them now. I wouldn't call it karma that got him that as much as just being a good guy to his cab driver. I'm sure if he were an ass the driver wouldn't allow it. One more thing until I leave, the Moms are the luckiest team in the history of the race.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:52 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, the editors kind of stepped on the "will they or won't they" aspect of the haircutting fast forward by showing a Brandon & Nicole giving a post-episode testimonial earlier in the show (hair intact). In this case, Nicole was speaking of grabbing the #1 place for the water slide because Chip rushed past it accidentally. I really wish that when participants talk about the episode that we wouldn't be able to see them talking. I can always rule out more than half the participants as the eliminated by how they look during those testimonials. If they're in a good mood -- they're probably still in the game. I want it to be in doubt up until the very end! That said -- I knew the models would be too vain to shear their heads. And wasn't it funny that they both made it sound as if they weren't doing it because of the other player? Nicole said that Brandon's hair is his selling point and Brandon said that he wouldn't mind but he wasn't going to have Nicole cut her "beautiful head of hair." Heh.

Anyway, that fast forward was downright wrong. Especially since that's the second of only two in the game.

Go Chip & Kim!
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:28 am

Post by Jaguar »

Hair will grow back. If it was me, I'd have my head shaved. I guess knowing that we'd come in last would be enough of an incentive for me.

So another non-elimination round. Only one more left and four more episodes. Who will be the top three? I certainly think Chip and Kim and Colin and Kristie will be there. But of course that all depends on the challenges as we know that Chip and the Bowling moms make short work of anything edible, but Colin/Kristie and Brandon/Nicole have problems with that sort of thing.

And the one thing that the Amazing Race has done for me is say that I do want to see some things in India, but it is sure not a pretty place to be unless you are going to certain places.
I need a new tagline...
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:27 am

Post by CoolBot »

I can understand why they didn't cut their hair. They are models, and until the hair grows back, they'd be pretty much unemployable in the field, and it can take a while to grow back as long as they had it.

I wonder why they brought the Yield up front this time. I thought for sure someone would use it; maybe next week. Also, anyone else notice both FFs were on non-elimination legs.

Anyone else think that the teams will have a car waiting and go directly to the airport next week? Begging in Calcutta will be rough for B&N.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:04 am

Post by Phoebus »

And the one thing that the Amazing Race has done for me is say that I do want to see some things in India, but it is sure not a pretty place to be unless you are going to certain places.
Well, can't say the producers will make it easy or pretty. It's a race. And what I remember of Calcutta is really horrible. Also, I was like 5. So...
But good luck to all teams. I missed this week's ep. If they're in India now, I better catch it next time :D
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:55 am

Post by Jaguar »

See if you can catch the rerun :) They're at the Victoria Palace for the Pit Stop, so who knows where they'll go next.
I need a new tagline...
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:08 pm

Post by spork76 »

I thought it was great and cool when Brandon found the clue right after he prayed about it!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well -- great & cool how they edited it to
appear
that way, anyhow... :wink:

Still hatin' on Colin.

Go Chip & Kim!
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:09 am

Post by spork76 »

MeMe wrote:Well -- great & cool how they edited it to
appear
that way anyhow... :wink:
What Do You Mean By That :x
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:38 am

Post by Jaguar »

No more twins! Luckily not using the yield didn't bite Chip and Kim, but I am sure they won't pass on the yield the next time they get a chance :)
I need a new tagline...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:17 am

Post by MeMe »

spork76 wrote:
MeMe wrote:Well -- great & cool how they edited it to
appear
that way anyhow... :wink:
What Do You Mean By That :x
I mean - yes it's cool. But I can't be sure that it
was
immediate.

The show is edited for maximum excitement and anything "cool" that happens could have been manipulated to be even cooler than it was. Case in point: last night's episode was edited in such a way that we were supposed to think that C&K and the twins were heading toward the finish at the same time -- but, in reality, the time difference was big enough that the sun had set between the two groups and they didn't see each other through the entire Roadblock.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:35 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Chip & Kim did get lucky not using the Yield, but they came out in the same position and still have the Yield to use. And it wasn't like the twins were great racers or anything.

This was a pretty boring epsisode, IMO. Neither the sledging or zorbing really allowed teams to pass each other. And the mud detour was so obviously the worse choice, I'm surprised B&N went that what. Not so much for the twins, though. :mrgreen:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

You're surprised B&N went with the mud? Haven't you noticed yet what a bawk-bawk
chicken
Brandon is? I loved how he said something about "Nicky's head banging around" when I just
knew
it was more about him being scared. He was even nervous about the Zorb (or whatever it's called).

And since we're talking about Brandon & Nicole, I'm frankly surprised they got any money the way they went about it. They sounded almost like inexperienced scammers -- I mean, what was that crap about it taking him out of his "comfort zone"? I'm sure it's true, but what a weird thing to say to the person you're hitting up. It seemed rather obvious to me that the smarter method would have been to split up and let Brandon go after groups of women alone.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:06 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Brandon seems pretty smart, though, and except for the hair cutting thing, I can't remember him doing anything so likely to end up in a last place finish.

I think that people were giving money to B&N because they were embarassed for them. It was pretty clear they were uncomfortable asking for it.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by MeMe »

Both good points, CoolBot.

Though I do believe Brandon to be a fraidy-cat, he does generally make decent decisions. And I was embarrassed on their behalf in my
living room
when they were begging; must've been so much worse in person.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:20 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TWINS!

:P Don't get me started with the prayer...
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by spork76 »

OK
IF you can't kill colin and christi by beating them do we need a
silver bullet!

WHY CAN"T THEY BE ELEMINATED
:evil: :x :( :cry: :!:
GRRRRRRR!!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

I really hate the mentality that using a yield is somehow "playing dirty."

This is my preferred order:

Chip & Kim
Karen & Linda
Brandon & Nicole
Colin & Christie

I will be really freakin mad if C&C win.
I will be mildly annoyed if B&N win.
I will be fine with K&L winning.
I will be ecstatic if C&K win.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:23 am

Post by CoolBot »

It was nice to see Christie berate Colin uselessly for a change. Now I can think both of them are jerks. I think they must've lost more time at the plow than the Yield. There was no way that I could see for Colin to control the ox by himself. I can't believe neither of them thought of having Christie steer.

That roadblock was something else. If I had to do it, I'd be right there with Chip, inching along the girder. And then to jump off?
Shudder

All in all, this was a great epidsode.

My preferred order:
C&K
B&N
K&L
C&C
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:34 am

Post by MeMe »

CoolBot wrote:I can't believe neither of them thought of having Christie steer.
And if they hadn't been yielded, they would have been there with the other teams and seen how to do it. Yielding them was exactly the right move and I hope that C&K don't hold on to any guilt about it. I'm hoping that the other two teams will have the guts to side with C&K and tell C&C that they wanted them yielded as well (yeah - sure that wish is gonna come true).
CoolBot wrote:That roadblock was something else. If I had to do it, I'd be right there with Chip, inching along the girder. And then to jump off?
Shudder
Amen. They would've had to push me - no way would I have been able to move my legs to "jist steepoff" as instructed.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:59 am

Post by blackhawk »

Everytime Brandon and Nicole pray for something and it happens, my mom hates that, not that they pray for stuff but that it looks like they get whatever they pray for, so i'm alwasy like God probly had to use the restroom when you prayed Brandon, some things can be just plain luck. Since the twins are no longer racing, my new list of favorites from most to least is B&N, C&K, K&L, C&C, I'd like to see Brandon and Christie win just because they have a striking resemblence to Flo and Zach, season 3's winners, but I'd like the moms or Chip and Kim to win too, because no older people have won yet and no all women teams have won yet

Return to “General Discussion”