Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Vote Count

1 - Astronaut (Talitha)
2 - CaptainBlicero (mepmuff, Astronaut)
2 - mepmuff (Fuldu, CaptainBlicero)
2 - Talitha (The_Machine86, Quagmire)
1 - The_Machine86 (Jaguar)

5 to lynch.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:41 am

Post by Jaguar »

Talitha, any reason you think I'm scummy? I've been extremely busy, which I mentioned on Saturday, didn't have a chance to go through most of the long posts yesterday and as a result decided to pick on someone who hadn't posted since last Thursday. And yes, even though every post gets attacked, that's the nature of the game and this should not stop you from posting. It's very scummy to just not post because you think everything gets disected. We have another lurker in Alphainsidious as well, who hasn't posted since Saturday.

As for CB's analysis, simply with the number of deaths we've experienced, it could be that he has indeed hit on one or more scum, just through sheer numbers, as Fuldu pointed out earlier. There are 9 of us alive. With three deaths last night, there's either three scum parties (be they individuals or groups) or there is an overly gung-ho vig out there, perhaps an inept doc, that sort of thing. Since the three that CB mentioned have stood out the most so far, I am more than willing to add my vote to one of them.

unvote, vote: mepmuff
to put some more pressure on him.
I need a new tagline...
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:53 am

Post by mepmuff »

Well, I spent some time composing a nice detailed affair accusing our captain, when I realised I was mostly attacking his playing style.

unvote

One thing that stood out though, is that the captain is not very accurate. The quote he gave explaining his paraphrase was made after the paraphrasing itself. I understand that the paraphrasing was meant to describe what the captain thought astronaut was saying, but fact is it said astronaut had said it.

roleclaim coming within a few hours if I'm still on three votes than.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:52 am

Post by mepmuff »

Since there's not even one post since my last, I'm not going to claim just yet. Nighty night all.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:03 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

What, no counter-attack? How can I learn to banter if you don't give me any material?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jaguar: Just my preliminary assessment. It may change :P :-)

And because you didn't answer my earlier question. But nevermind that now. I have another question.

In your opinion, are the scum most likely to be lurking, or are they more likely to be the ones who "stood out the most so far"?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:24 am

Post by mepmuff »

Well, here's what you've all been waiting for:

no claim as of yet :lol:

The last statement by talitha is a good one I think.
What, no counter-attack? How can I learn to banter if you don't give me any material?
Appearantly you don't need a sidekick. That line looks fine to me.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:41 am

Post by Jaguar »

I completely missed your earlier question Tal. My apologies.

I of course couldn't know if you had other motives, such as night actions, to put a second vote on someone, but even in those cases it is always better to give some sort of a reason, rather than no reason at all, even if you keep to yourself that you have additional information.

As for scum, I think we have at least two, if not three separate scum parties here, so in my opinion, there are probably one or two scum hiding in the quieter people and two or more in the outspoken people.

Right now, everyone else is scum, except for the three dead pro-town players. We have 9 people alive, and we're looking at two, if not three, scummy killing parties. I'm content to believe that perhaps we had an overzealous vig on night 1, so say we have two scummy killing parties, that likely means mafia and Serial Killer. So we almost have a 50% chance of lynching scum today if we have a mafia group of 3 and one SK.

I'm happy with my current vote on mepmuff, but am willing to change to another suitable target. At the moment we have two people with two votes and one with three votes.

I'm still not happy with the non-participation of both The Machine and Alpha Insideous.
Mod
, could you send a prod to Alpha?
I need a new tagline...
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:46 am

Post by AlphaInsidious »

No prod needed...I have a whole..3 posts. Sorry lately guys, I've been really busy with a ton of college app. crap. I'll try to be on a lot more often.

Scouts honor

-Alpha
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:56 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

It's not so much that you aren't on very often, it's that the few times when you are on, you don't really add anything of substance. Also, weren't college apps due sometime in January?
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by AlphaInsidious »

No prod needed...I have a whole..3 posts. Sorry lately guys, I've been really busy with a ton of college app. crap. I'll try to be on a lot more often.

Scouts honor

-Alpha
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:41 pm

Post by AlphaInsidious »

Sorry for the repost..I haven't posted much of substance because when I can Talk on here, I have had little time to. Not all college applications were due In Jan. Pitt is still accepting right now.
Now, also, I am relatively inexperienced, having played 2 or 3 games now,
Given that, I think that much of this banter and accusation about
Think that much of this banter about saying your suspicions but not voting
Doesn't help your case too much.
Only when you outright vote for someone can you back your choices up,
Coincedentally, this may make you look more scummy.

-Alpha
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Oh my goodness!

-Captain Blicero makes a pretty well-reasoned argument against Tal, Astro, and mepmuff. So what does Tally do? Takes all the "heat" she tried to put on me, and instantly says, "Oh, wait. I'm gonna go vote Astronaut because he's one of my mafia buddies and I wanna look innocent. Quagmire means nothing to me right now."

If that's not obvious mafia strategy, I don't know what is.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

I knew I would get accused of that when I did it. But actually, I'm voting Astronaut because I think he's scum.
AlphaInsidious
AlphaInsidious
Townie
AlphaInsidious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:35 am

Post by AlphaInsidious »

And suddenly Quag doesn't (to you)? You can't flip-flop around and not look fishy. Why do you all of a sudden think that Astro is scum anyway?

-Alpha
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:56 am

Post by mepmuff »

Quagmire wrote:Captain Blicero makes a pretty well-reasoned argument against Tal, Astro, and mepmuff.
CB is mostly making an argument in such a way that people can't help but respond. Responding equals posting which equals opportunities to make yourself look bad. I can go and post reasons why CB could be scum, as he's posted loads. But I won't as I'm not convinced he actually is a bad guy.

Your post, on the other hand, looks like a try to cash in on what would be a huge blunder by any scum.
vote: Quagmire
. With your last post I'm convinced your fixation on Tally is just a way to try and hide in the crowds.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:18 am

Post by Talitha »

Alphainsidious wrote:And suddenly Quag doesn't (to you)? You can't flip-flop around and not look fishy.
When did I say I wasn't suspicious of Quag anymore? I hate to break it to you but there are multiple scum in this game. Unfortunately I have but only one vote to give.
And I don't care how it looks. My vote will go where I feel it is of best use at the time.
Why do you all of a sudden think that Astro is scum anyway?
Uhh, it wasn't all of a sudden. And to be perfectly honest, I can't remember exactly why at this exact moment. I was hoping to be lazy, but if need be I'll go over the thread again and explain.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:00 pm

Post by Quagmire »

mepmuff wrote:Your post, on the other hand, looks like a try to cash in on what would be a huge blunder by any scum.
vote: Quagmire
. With your last post I'm convinced your fixation on Tally is just a way to try and hide in the crowds.
What are you talking about? I'm trying to bring attention to eht won that Tally is, of course, an evil scumbag. I'd be starting fire, not putting it out.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:09 am

Post by Astronaut »

unvote: CaptainBlicero

Quag: Do you have any other reasons for your vote on Tally now than you had in post #33? Back then I was almost tempted to vote with you, but since then I feel she's been helpful for the town.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:17 am

Post by Quagmire »

Astronaut wrote:
unvote: CaptainBlicero

Quag: Do you have any other reasons for your vote on Tally now than you had in post #33? Back then I was almost tempted to vote with you, but since then I feel she's been helpful for the town.
Well, there's obviously the hostility and defensiveness I pointed out in post 33, but then again, a few posts ago, she decided to lose all suspicion she had on me (when she stated just a couple posts earlier!) that it was rediculous that not everyone's voting for me. Here's a couple quotes.
Tally wrote:I said why I don't want to vote Astronaut right now... it's because everyone is IGNORING Quagmire.
After re-reading, my 3 wild-ass picks for scum are Astronaut, Quagmire, and Jaguar. I hope I'm not having the wool pulled over my eyes, but mepmuff does not seem scummy to me at all.
unvote: Quagmire. My solitary vote wont do anything.
vote: Astronaut
Oh! And while typing this post, there's also the complete flip-flop within the course of a few votes and she no longer has the certainty that I am an evil scumbag. AlphaInsiduous kinda pointed this out a couple above, but then again, he didn't mention that in the post Tally apparently explained why she's not voting for Astronaut, but then just a couple posts later, you see a voting of Astro!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 5:10 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Bump, since MeMe's gone on another of her locking escapades. :lol:

Vote Count

1 - Astronaut (Talitha)
3 - mepmuff (Fuldu, CaptainBlicero, Jaguar)
1 - Quagmire (mepmuff)
2 - Talitha (The_Machine86, Quagmire)

5 to lynch.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 11:37 am

Post by Talitha »

*jaw drops open*

*wonders if Quagmire got the 'Lynch Tally' role*

unvote: Astro, vote: Quag

Either of you will do, really, and you're the one spouting crap.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 11:43 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

... and the voting has stagnated completely.

Fuldu? Machine? Care to join the Page 4 crowd?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I can't apologize that I'm still happy with my vote, but I'll admit I really don't know what to say about the Talitha/Quagmire debacle. On the one hand, I've already said that I saw the defensive behavior Quagmire has referenced several times already, but on the other, I feel like he's deliberately overstating her flip-flop.

I think it's clear that she's equally confident that Quagmire and Astronaut are scum and is perfectly happy to vote for either. Saying that she's saying she doesn't want to vote for Astronaut, then does and suddenly doesn't think Quagmire is evil is a complete misrepresentation. It's obvious to me that she thinks they're both evil and is trying to find whichever of the two bandwagons she can get the rest of us on. I'm not convinced that she's right in either case or that she's pro-town, but I think her changing votes isn't in any way representative of her changing her views. The argument Quagmire is making on that point
is
crap, whether he means for it to be or not.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 4:01 am

Post by Jaguar »

Back from a hectic weekend, and I see not much has changed, except Tally has gone back to vote for Quagmire. I agree with Fuldu's assessment. Tally clearly stated that her lone vote on Quagmire was not going to make a difference, so she decided to join a wagon with more steam. I am certainly more inclined to
unvote, vote: Quagmire
at this time as the last few posts by Quagmire seem completely out of place.

He didn't think Tally's comment early in the game was said in jest, even with the winky smiley. Now he thinks that Tally is changing her opinion, which I don't think she has. Quagmire is surely acting strange enough for me to start to agree with Tally's assessment.

That doesn't mean mepmuff can't be scummy too...
I need a new tagline...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”