Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.3

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Tammy (4): SlumberPartyBois, Salamence20, Mehdi2277, Seanald
BBmolla (1): greygnarl
Seanald (1): BBmolla
Gentlemen Bastards (1): Tammy
Salamence20 (1): GreyICE

Not Voting (12): Elmo TeH AzN, Guille2015, Voidedmafia, D3f3nd3r, Pitty, StefanB, Eidolon, PeregrineV, Tazaro, Gentlemen Bastards, Phillammon, MagnaofIllusion

Deadline is November 12th, at 11:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2012-11-12 22:00:00)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Fun Facts:

1. I'm town.
2. Town's chances of winning are improved if I have a power role. (Vs VT)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

Oh yeah fuck the noob card Seanald, I don't use that anymore.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 59, Tammy wrote:
In post 55, Salamence20 wrote:Mehdi, what's your read on me?

Why do you care on page two?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And tammy what are you trying to imply with the question anyway (it sounds like you think he's scummy for it, but aren't just saying it)?

And sean if you're town again this game will be oh so much more fun.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

What question? Why he's so concerned with someone's read on him on page two? Let him answer it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Kids I'm a bum, I started with no money, I don't even know how the auction shit works cause I sat out of it last night due to nomoney.

I'm a miller cause I'm a bum in a marketplace. I don't fit in and it's obvious.

If it's relevent, investigations on me return "Mafia" not "Guilty".
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I did not get Investigation Immune nor the NK.
[/color]

In post 6, BBmolla wrote:I'm a miller.

VOTE: Seanald

Everyone vote this kid, end the day asap.

Otherwise no lynch.

I need moneys.

Even for RVS you're really gonna have to do better than that to convince me.

Also, like hell I'll give you any.

In post 9, Mehdi2277 wrote:Reg/Grey you've played in this before so I'm guessing you have some set up spec ideas.

No mention of me? *sadface*. Also, I don't remember Regfan being in the Mini. *checks thread* oh, he was, but replaced out. Bah.

Whoever got investigation immunity needs to claim it or it'll just be assumed scum bought it. The fact night kill went so cheap is also kind of sad (and having the second scummiest player be required to spend all their money on it to at least drive it's price up would be one idea). Whoever has oracle should claim it and all the next night powers too (and while we couldn't plan with the previous powers, it's somewhat possible to plan for future powers now). Extra vote should be claimed as well. Governor I'm more meh on whether or not it's kept secret.

More or less agree with this. I believe a similar style was implemented, at least for the NK and immunity.

In post 10, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Given that scum are split into two factions with no night-kill but also unable to kill each other through the auctioned night-kill
I'm thinking we're likely dealing with scum-teams size wise of either 3-2 or 3-3
. All of the lower possibilities such as 2-2, 2-1 and 1-1 would be too town sided and anything like 4-3 or 4-4 and more would be too scum sided. Biggest thing it means though is that interaction-scum-reading is going to be a lot more difficult this game due to scum not knowing all other scum, similarly mafia having day talk means they're going to be able to organize their bidding really well inside individual factions and the only way we can attempt to counter this is by putting in place some firm rules about how we're dealing with items.

Perhaps I'm simply reading it wrong as I have very little experience playing in Larges (the first one I ever played was danakillsu's Sora's Story), but I'd think 3-3 would be more likely. 3-2 does sound more...safe, for lack of a better way to put it, but I'd believe 3-3 would be closer.

I think the most important thing for all of us to agree upon is that
negative-utility items like Investigation Immunity, Extra Vote, Governor and such need to be claimed publicly and used as early of as possible
, once the risk and threat of them are gone we're fine to go whereas if scum win them and we don't know they have control of it lylo could be brought up a day and cop could be rendered less effective.

Much agreed.

What I'm not understanding right now though is Night-Kill only going for $31. I really cannot fathom that at all.

I will admit right now that I put $15 into NK. I didn't expect to win it (though that would've been a nice surprise), but I was hoping to bump the price up to make the highest bidder lose a little more. It seems that someone else bid more than me, though.

In light of that and what you just said about scum being hesitant, isn't it possible that that extends to the NK as well? It is very likely that both scumteams (or even a potential 3rd party of Mag decided to go that route for the sequel) were all vying for it, and the low price indicates to me that both/all oppposing sides didn't want to risk having one person lose the majority of their funds/lose all their funds just in the zeroth night. I would not be surprised if the NK rose to triple digits over the following auctions.

In post 18, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
Mafia started with $150 rather than a $100 like town. They also got $125 at the end of days rather than towns $50. They didn't get any efficiency bonus though.

I thought the end-of-day nest egg was less than that? I could've sworn it was $75.

Despite how I agree that BB's claim is basically trolling, the case put out by Boiz is...surprisingly decent. I wouldn't stick my neck out for it, but still.

GB town is a good read so far as of Page 1. The only other outstanding vaguely townie read would be on Mehdi, but I'm still holding out on that one.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Fuck me and my tendency to use my mod typeset with bold -_-

In post 81, BBmolla wrote:Kids I'm a bum, I started with no money, I don't even know how the auction shit works cause I sat out of it last night due to nomoney.

The fact that you're trying to continue this is...worrying.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 81, BBmolla wrote:Kids I'm a bum, I started with no money, I don't even know how the auction shit works cause I sat out of it last night due to nomoney.

Vote: BBMolla
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 2, Magua wrote:You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia".

In post 3, Magua wrote:Investigation Immunity (Personal): You appear as "Not Mafia" on Cop reports, regardless of your actual alignment.

So did you read this, molla?

A true miller claim does affect things (and if you're fake claiming I think you've gotten enough reaction out of it to stop if you're town). Still fine with my current vote though (and I don't agree with lynch all millers nor do I really think molla's first post was that bad for a true miller claim anyway so just judge him for what he does later).

P-edit: I haven't finished reading the mini so I assume you replace in later voided.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Yo just let me use my other shit before I get lynched, thanks.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 86, BBmolla wrote:Yo just let me use my other shit before I get lynched, thanks.

What? Haven't you heard? Matt has declared me scum and the herd is falling in line CUZ TAMMY'S SCUM! You might get a days reprieve :lol:
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 25, greygnarl wrote:You
believe
we're all vanilla. If BB says he is joking then I'll remove my vote. Other people know how the efficiency bonus works I see.

BB just fucked the thread by doing somethin very untown. If he says he was joking then fuck him. Suspicion will remain and the WIFOM will be endless.

THere is a point, though. This setup would by and large be plain vanilla for all sides. Including a miller is not entirely outlandish for the setup, but less likely than a 3rd party role.

In post 31, greygnarl wrote:Pedit by way of posting because I'm on my phone: @gentlemen If Magua confirms it then I'll be happy.

Is everybody vanilla Mag

Same as Bois: Why did you even think this would be given an answer?

In post 36, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Discussion on miller claim needs to end, it's just going to clutter up the thread and if this turns into a 10-page debacle it's going to lead towards people being reluctant to actually read through the thread. So please cut it out and here, read from the OP stating that abilities are from auctions, not given out as roles:

In post 1, Magua wrote:1. Abilities are the powers that can be won from the
auctions in the marketplace

Fine. Last point of discussion: How would a miller exactly be an auctioned ability? if one exists in this game at all, it makes more sense for it to be part of the role-list rather than an auctioned item.

In post 45, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
This is a terrible post and you should feel terrible

It isn't terrible...(Yes I know your reasonings are later. I'll address them when they come up.)

In post 46, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:We could discuss if it's beneficial for anyone else (Other than negative utility roles) to claim today or if it's worth attempting to pool funds on a particular player, order doctor to be on them and have them bid and win night kill tonight. Or alternatively we could just not spam the thread up.

...I think I got this, but could you reword this so I can be sure?

Mehdi2277 wrote:A true miller claim does affect things (and if you're fake claiming I think you've gotten enough reaction out of it to stop if you're town). Still fine with my current vote though (and I don't agree with lynch all millers nor do I really think molla's first post was that bad for a true miller claim anyway so just judge him for what he does later).

If he's going to be that articulate in how a result would come back, that somewhat implies a 3rd party (which I hope hasn't ended up with GreyICE this game...)

P-edit: I haven't finished reading the mini so I assume you replace in later voided.

I think I show up either in D1 or D2. It was pretty early, though. *checks again* N2, after Ghostlin was lynched, about page 22. Guess you'll have a ways (post-game I'd like to know what you thought of my play in the first game, btw.)

P-EDIT: Don't bunch me with them <_<.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Mentioned already but lack of it being part of voided's claim and not mentioned much does everyone think oracle power should be claimed today? I'd find it pretty useful since it's mostly just nice info.

And voided l was on day 2 near LLD replacing in when I was reading it. I'll try to finish it this weekend.

Game's also started well since while molla's thing is strange I don't think it's scummy from him anyway (matt while it's a different way of claiming you know he fake claims a lot) and I have several town reads.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 86, BBmolla wrote:Yo just let me use my other shit before I get lynched, thanks.

What other stuff, I thought you didn't take part in the marketplace?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

By the way, does anyone see too much of a disadvantage with the following plan?

1) The person who won the roleblocker claims
2) if they claim, the person who won the night kill claims

Then we can direct the night kill, if town actually won it?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Seanald »

^ can't decide if you keep fishing. you asked the same question of sala.

UNVOTE: tammy stop whining tammy, you do realize that your mouth is just moving but nothing good is coming out, you should of learned in elementary school that talk is cheap. If you just play the game well tammy you don't have to go around saying, hey im town im town and if you don't think so then you just can't read me right. Sounds like a teenage girl, get over that quick cuz its annoying to read.

Anyway. Does BBmolla fall under Lynch all Liars and Lynch all Millers right now?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Seanald »

Direct the kill, or block the kill?
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by Seanald »

I'd be a fan of that plan if we can block the kill, clearly any early game vig would likely hit town, I'd rather a kill be decided through lynching by good play in the topic.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I only see one problem with it and I'd be fine following it. A mafia doctor could just screw with it, but I'm assuming for now doctor is a role town wanted more (even if the bids didn't show it).

@Sean go iso BBmolla karma mafia in coney island. He fake claimed I think three times as town in one day (only the 3rd fake claim was of any really worth). Him fake claiming is pretty common.

And I don't think tammy would respond like this as town (I've only barely seen her play but from my glances it leans more logical then this) or at least I'm not sure why it's a reason to unvote her.
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

VOTE: Seanald

Done.
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Seanald »

I've seen her do this before and she turned up town so pulling the vote for now.
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

FTR I am intentionally ignoring BBmolla for a bit.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 97, Seanald wrote:I've seen her do this before and she turned up town so pulling the vote for now.

Link to when?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”