Micro 359: Lurker Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:42 am

Post by saulres »

Vote Count 2.1(L-2) Chevre - Not_Mafia, Second Void
(L-2) not_mafia - Bert, MafiaSSK

Not voting: Dot Matrix, Chevre, Desperado

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Day deadline in (expired on 2014-08-06 22:02:00)

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Desperado »

vote: chevre

bert, why did you proxy your vote based on something tammy said before yesterday's flip?
;)
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

In post 61, Dot Matrix wrote:This is going to (hopefully) be the laziest post from this slot all game

:lol:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Claim por favor
Programmed to go off before you do!
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 76, Desperado wrote:bert, why did you proxy your vote based on something tammy said before yesterday's flip?

I felt like it!

Wow I was so excited to enter the day.

I used my one-shot jailkeep on Tammy last night to make sure she wasn't scum since i cant read her worth bouncing bunnies, and so that she would live till day 2 if town as she looked like an obvious kill if town. i also considered jailkeeping mastin, but i decided losing tammy hurts more than losing mastin assuming both-town. so the equinox kill is just really, really, really weird. also, tammy bussed syryana big time in my first game i saw her play, on day 1, so all in all this was the best move IMO.

i kinda expected her to die tbh as i was leaning town. i was more looking to prevent the kill, then go with a low percentage shot of jailkeeping 1 scum in 7 remaining players. Tammy getting killed probability (if town) > me guessing right and JKing the remaining mafia member (which is 1/6 or 1/7 pretty much)

But seriously, it's funny that i've claimed jailkeeper twice before, and this is the first time i actually have drawn the role as town in 75+ mafiascum completed games. That's insane. Crazy. And it's one shot, which is really really even weirder. I thought this game was mountainous so I was really surprised I got this role. i even read theory on whether it's smart to hold a 1-shot JK until Night 2 or later, or to use it Night 1. What flipped the tables was having a scumflip D1, so I was like why not clear someone then and get it over with. there were some roles 1-shot which are apparently better used later in the game, but given these circumstances nah

also, two people at lynch -1 already?

MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

To make sure Chevy does not "hammer" before not_mafia before claim, have this unvote! Guys let's just sheep whatever Tammy does and be lazy. That is the easy way to the win here IMO.

UNVOTE:

i have two expectations:

1) someone comes out and says "wow guys this is totally to deceive tammy, to get her on ur side with this fakeclaim"

2) why the heck are you claiming

my answer: it's ONE SHOT, and i tried to crumb result in my last post and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too obvious plus this impacts the game in that we know that tammy is 99% town and can sheep her wherever whenever. oh, and i am never a good kill unless Pr, so i have nothing to lose!

so like, listen to tammy

and praise the heavenly skies

thank you
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am VT. Looking at D1 objectively I can only see this being me or Chevre, so I'm relatively confident this game will end either today or tomorrow. Should Chevre flip town, I'd probably rank the likelihood of everyone else being town in this order

Bert (the claim)
Desperado
Dot Matrix
MafiaSSK
Second Void

In post 73, Chevre wrote:Thus I believe the other scum (I don't think only 2 scum is too big an assumption) is hidden in the "lurking" group of Bert/MafiaSSK/Not_Mafia.

Conveniently your scum pool is exactly the number of mislynches needed for scum

In post 73, Chevre wrote:I noticed Second Void's vote at the end of the day is on Bert, which given their reads in 59 is a really strange place for it.

It's obvious in context why their vote was where it was. Why is this alignment indicative?

In post 73, Chevre wrote:like I'm not going to vote him and put him at L-1 until everyone has had a chance to post in this segment, which is so bizarre that a vote would do that.

Second Void already covered this but why the tentativeness?

In post 73, Chevre wrote:Essentially:
- Desperado feels super town due to general play on Day 1 and interactions with NS.

No mention of Desperado until here, seems out of place, maybe trying to drum up agreement on Desp town to set him up to be the NK without it pointing too hard to Chevre. I'm admittedly reaching with this one.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Second Void »

In post 77, Dot Matrix wrote:
In post 61, Dot Matrix wrote:This is going to (hopefully) be the laziest post from this slot all game

:lol:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Claim por favor

Why Chevre over NM, either of you?

In post 78, Bert wrote:To make sure Chevy does not "hammer" before not_mafia before claim, have this unvote! Guys let's just sheep whatever Tammy does and be lazy. That is the easy way to the win here IMO

Mastin and I are glad that you think Tammy is even more town that we thought (and that we were right not to lynch you yesterday), but how is Tammy conf/near-conf-town based off a one-shot ability?

And I feel more certain of Chevre than NM right now. Though, if Chevre does flip town and nothing drastic happens I doubt I or Mastin'd be averse to lynching NM next.

In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:Conveniently your scum pool is exactly the number of mislynches needed for scum

This isn't really a valid point, since both Mastin and I had a lynchpool of SSK/you/Chevre coming into today, and that's probably what most everyone else who isn't NM or Chevre had, as well. What, exactly, makes this a valid point now?

In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:No mention of Desperado until here, seems out of place, maybe trying to drum up agreement on Desp town to set him up to be the NK without it pointing too hard to Chevre. I'm admittedly reaching with this one.

Most likely. Desp doesn't really look like a priority NK target. Bert and DM are.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:28 am

Post by Chevre »

Second Void,

Is it wrong to be so hesitant with an L-1 vote? I can't think of a situation barring at near-confirmed scumslip that I would've placed that L-1 vote, regardless of the players in this game. I fail to see how my hesitancy is scummy in this situation. If I had placed my vote I imagine I would have been accused of the quick vote just the same. Now in Bert is afraid that I'm going to quickhammer? It seems I'm guilty any which way.

Not_Mafia,

Coincidentally, this seems like the near-scumslip I refer to: Not_Mafia is saying it is either him or me, so if it's not me...? Like if you are town and you know that you're never an option to be scum? It just seems perplexing that town would say that.

Also his quote-clipping of me is no good. He blames my scum pool when I later pretty much disqualify SSK for his actions during Day 1.

As for the out-of-nowhere Desperado mention: it definitely is, but as I mentioned, my post was scatterbrained. In the first big paragraph I was originally going to address where Desperado is so vigorously against NS and it doesn't really stop for the rest of Day 1; that is what makes me so confident that Desperado is town. Other than confusion I don't see what is so wrong about it; no one else seems to disagree about him.

- - -

Vote: Not_Mafia

I feel my goose is cooked, but I think I resigned myself to my lynch once NS flipped scum D1. I am a vanilla townie, and I think Not_Mafia is still the most likely scum obviously, but there's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if both of us are scapegoats due to the speed of our two wagons today. If Not_Mafia is not mafia then I still think Second Void is the second best choice. Bert's jailkeep claim seems a risky gambit for scum, so I'm going to say that both him and Dot Matrix are town. Desperado, as I sure do love to repeat, feels very town, and as I said before MafiaSSK's voting on Day 1 seems like such an incorrect scum play. Therefore, even though it's moreso process-of-elimination, Second Void seems to fit because his vote stuck on Bert D1 still doesn't feel right to me.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

This is basically a prod dodge and a happy happy joy joy we're confirmed town and you're not neener neener neener! Okay, Bert probably is too?

Thank you Bert! Also, I don't think that you're bad at reading me? But catch me or clear me sounds good.

I agree the equinox kill was weird? I thought either Desperado or us would-99999999999999993wwwwww\\\ <---------- Waffles helped. awe. Anyway I thought desperado or us would get targetted for a night kill.

The one reason we're not going after Chevre right now is because equinox had a decent town read on him. I haven't read the game equinox referred to to see the similarities, but it's enough to give me pause. I'm also toying with the idea that Chevre!scum doesn't kill the one person townreading him and defending him on night one after losing his partner. Sleepy agrees but also said it could be a case of look that dead townie was town reading me. I don't think I've seen him use that excuse though so.

Desperado, why didn't that idea come into play for you at all? In Quickness, after I was killed night one you used that as part of the reasoning you were defending Jason on day two.

UM Voided - We're in a micro and lynched scum yesterday. Unless you think saulres added an extra member to the mafia team to be zany, there's only one scum left. There was a nightkill and we were in jail, hence it cannot be us.

Also Sleepy would like to demand delicious Yoshi head on a platter, but you know me, so.

Anyway this was just real quick and all me (Tammy). I don't typically have time for mafia on Sundays, so this is all you get. I'll hopefully have something better next segment.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Yeah... N_m is definitely scum.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

UNVOTE:
Not lynching yet. We're going to use our remaining time to scumhunt. This post is stalling for time so we can get to work next segment.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

YO Lurkers
What's up.

Back up mod here. I can't edit posts but I'll do my best.
Lemme know of any miscounts.

Vote Count 2.2(L-1) Chevre - Not_Mafia, Second Void, Desperado
(L-2) not_mafia - MafiaSSK, Chevre

Not voting: Dot Matrix, Bert

Segment start and end times can be found in Post 1 of this thread. In there I also, as time permits, update who has posted in the current day's segments.

Dot_Matrix posted this phase.
Last edited by saulres on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 79, Not_Mafia wrote:I am VT. Looking at D1 objectively I can only see this being me or Chevre, so I'm relatively confident this game will end either today or tomorrow. Should Chevre flip town, I'd probably rank the likelihood of everyone else being town in this order

Dot Matrix
Bert (the claim)
Desperado
Dot Matrix

MafiaSSK
Second Void

Moving Dot Matrix to the top of that list as I realised just after posting how stupid of me it was to put them below Desp. Surprised no one called me on it tbh.

In post 81, Chevre wrote:Coincidentally, this seems like the near-scumslip I refer to: Not_Mafia is saying it is either him or me, so if it's not me...? Like if you are town and you know that you're never an option to be scum? It just seems perplexing that town would say that.

Not sure how this is slip or near-slip. I'm just saying that if I were following this game and not playing. Looking at how the wagons d1 developed I'd be thinking it's either me or you. You seem to be saying you were aware that would be the gamestate coming in to the day here...

In post 81, Chevre wrote:I feel my goose is cooked, but I think I resigned myself to my lynch once NS flipped scum D1. I am a vanilla townie, and I think Not_Mafia is still the most likely scum obviously

In post 81, Chevre wrote:Bert's jailkeep claim seems a risky gambit for scum, so I'm going to say that both him and Dot Matrix are town. Desperado, as I sure do love to repeat, feels very town, and as I said before MafiaSSK's voting on Day 1 seems like such an incorrect scum play. Therefore, even though it's moreso process-of-elimination, Second Void seems to fit because his vote stuck on Bert D1 still doesn't feel right to me.

I agree on Bert although I don't understand why he didn't use his shot offensively when today being a 1v1 of me and Chevre was obvious, either way Dot Matrix is conf town as if Bert is lying he's scum which clears them anyway.

MafiaSSK I think is town due to NS having to be bussing from the outset and him being the counter wagon initiated by NS when he had a perfectly viable Bert wagon to pursue, Mafia SSK cross bussing doesn't seem like particularly terrible scum play to me, so I agree with you on the read but it's almost completely based on NS stuff for me. Still don't like his near 0 contribution and what contribution there is being questionable (yes lol hipocrisy etc...) and complete evasion of any question directed at him so if he is scum and he wins I'll be sad but I still think it's unlikely.

I agree with the conclusion that Second Void is most likely after you/us (basically entirely PoE) but I don't agree that their votepark was alignment indicative, they had intent on NS open for the longest time, and you seem to have sidestepped us and second void asking about this.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Bert and Desperado were prodded.

Not_Mafia and Dot Matrix have posted this phase.
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Second Void »

In post 81, Chevre wrote:Is it wrong to be so hesitant with an L-1 vote? I can't think of a situation barring at near-confirmed scumslip that I would've placed that L-1 vote, regardless of the players in this game. I fail to see how my hesitancy is scummy in this situation. If I had placed my vote I imagine I would have been accused of the quick vote just the same. Now in 78 Bert is afraid that I'm going to quickhammer? It seems I'm guilty any which way.

L-1's are normally dangerous when A.) There's someone(s) in the game who is/are VI enough to hammer without thinking about anything else going on and just go off on their own, regardless of their correctness, or B.) Scum in the game believe they can get away with a quickhammer and come out ahead, either in the short or the long term.

A is highly unlikely. I think I noted this before (or it may have been to Mastin in the hydra PT :shifty: ), but the only two people here I'd think were remotely VI enough to do that are Skrew and Bert; the former has tammy to rein him in against that if he does have those impulses, and Bert doesn't really seem THAT VI-ish. B is blatantly impossible because there is no safety net for scum since it's near-certain there's only one scum left. And I definitely don't think the hammerer would be able to get away with such a thing.

So yeah, I don't think you need to be that hesitant about it. I disagree with Bert's assertion, though, exactly because of point B.

In post 81, Chevre wrote:Coincidentally, this seems like the near-scumslip I refer to: Not_Mafia is saying it is either him or me, so if it's not me...? Like if you are town and you know that you're never an option to be scum? It just seems perplexing that town would say that.

...No.

I'm just going to be blunt here.

No. You're wrong. DOn't be stupid and
think
about this for a moment.

Or don't because to me (VM-head) this sounds like a desperate attempt to pin something on NM.

In post 81, Chevre wrote:Second Void seems to fit because his vote stuck on Bert D1 still doesn't feel right to me.

And now you're ignoring what's been asked of you regarding this. Is that all that you don't like about me, other than PoE?

Are you aware of what I had been saying for the last 3-4 segments of D1? Do you know why NS wasn't lynched until the last segment?

In post 82, Dot Matrix wrote:UM Voided - We're in a micro and lynched scum yesterday. Unless you think saulres added an extra member to the mafia team to be zany, there's only one scum left. There was a nightkill and we were in jail, hence it cannot be us.

Derp.

In post 83, MafiaSSK wrote:Yeah... N_m is definitely scum.

Yeah...SSK is definitely not contributing much.

Why is NM "definitely scum"

In post 84, Dot Matrix wrote:UNVOTE:
Not lynching yet. We're going to use our remaining time to scumhunt. This post is stalling for time so we can get to work next segment.

Btw, remember what I asked about in ? You think you can still answer that? You never got around to it, either of you.

P-Edit: Now I have. Hi OS!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Bert »

In post 74, Second Void wrote:also, you did notice that I was planning on hammering NS and then said that if no one hammered him on the final segment I would, right?

that course of action doesn't mean anything, that is if you're implying that you think that scum would unlikely claim intent to hammer on a buddy.

In post 80, Second Void wrote:And I feel more certain of Chevre than NM right now. Though, if Chevre does flip town and nothing drastic happens I doubt I or Mastin'd be averse to lynching NM next.

VOTE: Second Void

where's the care about not letting people aside from NM/Chevre off the hook?

tone seems like you're just waiting for the next two days to blow over. i think you're the last scum
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Desperado »

guess i forgot to note my vla here. picked up a shift but i will post something substantial late tonight
;)
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Chevre »

Frankly I have little more to post than the idea that I am happy with me/Not_Mafia/Second Void being lynched in some order over the next few days because that seems like it should wipe out the scum. I understand this includes me and I guess I get why now NM said "me or Chevre" because from a whole-game standpoint that's what it came down to. Plus I think with Bert as jailkeeper most everything could be cleared up potentially depending on how the night goes?

Unvote, Vote: Second Void
because that feels more right. Sure, add everything I've been saying about him, plus what Bert said about him just waiting for my and Not_Mafia's lynches to pass; more so, an overall general acceptance of that as fact which was kind of creepy and we both feel so complacent about it. It just doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna lie, even as I type it out this vote switch reads pretty lowly-evidenced but it is mostly these things and the gut feeling I get from Second Void's posts.

I also had a crazy thought this morning that Desperado was going to show us all up by lurking his way to a win in a game about lurking, but that's near crazy talk. also I guess SSK is still not as town town as he could be especially with his low-content posting but :/

So essentially:

SCUM
Second Void
Not_Mafia
MafiaSSK
Desperado
- - -
Bert
Dot Matrix
TOWN
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 1, saulres wrote:

DAY 2
Segment 1
From
(expired on 2014-07-23 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-07-25 22:02:06)
Segment 2
From
(expired on 2014-07-25 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-07-27 22:02:06)
Segment 3
From
(expired on 2014-07-27 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-07-29 22:02:06)
Segment 4
From
(expired on 2014-07-29 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-07-31 22:02:06)
Segment 5
From
(expired on 2014-07-31 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-08-02 22:02:06)
Segment 6
From
(expired on 2014-08-02 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-08-04 22:02:06)
Segment 7
From
(expired on 2014-08-04 22:02:06)
to
(expired on 2014-08-06 22:02:06)
MafiaSSK
X
Bert
X
X
Dot Matrix
X
Not_Mafia
X
X
Chevre
X
Desperado
X
Second Void
X

Spoiler: Day 1
DAY 1
Segment 1
From
(expired on 2014-07-09 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-11 14:52:42)
Segment 2
From
(expired on 2014-07-11 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-13 14:52:42)
Segment 3
From
(expired on 2014-07-13 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-15 14:52:42)
Segment 4
From
(expired on 2014-07-15 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-17 14:52:42)
Segment 5
From
(expired on 2014-07-17 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-19 14:52:42)
Segment 6
From
(expired on 2014-07-19 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-21 14:52:42)
Segment 7
From
(expired on 2014-07-21 14:52:42)
to
(expired on 2014-07-23 14:52:42)
MafiaSSK
X
X
X
X
Nobody Special
X
X
X
X
Bert
X
X
X
X
X
X
Dot Matrix
X
X
X
X
X
X
Not_Mafia
X
X
X
X
X
X
Chevre
X
X
X
X
X
X
Desperado
X
X
X
X
X
Second Void
X
X
X
X
X
X
Equinox
X
X
X
X
X
X

Me saying N_m is scum was reactive to their recent post. It was just wrong. It was all fluff or repetition and what was original was reaching. Just bad stuff.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

Okay Sleepy will be v/la until the 12th, so most of the remaining posts until our demise will be me with whatever comments or questions Sleepy leaves me when he has computer access.

~~~~~

Voided I did answer that question. In I said:

Tammy wrote:And I'm not sure what Voided is wanting me to explain? I know he erroneously thought I made a comment that wasn't from me, but I think that anyone who thinks we were actually intending to lynch ourselves by voting ourselves in the first post is pretty silly? I mean it was an obvious joke: lynch all lurkers - vote ourselves. Sleepy also wanted to see what reactions we would get from it. In normal games voting yourself in RVS is whatever, it doesn't gain reactions, but in this format we thought it could be interesting.

That's the extent of the answer you're going to get from me because I quite frankly don't see the point of going on about that post and quote. Our answer certainly can't be to scumhunt us, so either you need it to scumhunt chevre? Or for some other reason? IDK.

~~~~~

MafiaSSK - Sleepy would like to know when you first started scum reading Not_Mafia.

~~~~~

I think that anyone just writing desperado off for town shouldn't, especially for his treatment towards Nobody Special. Equinox is the one who started the wagon on Nobody Special, Desperado was voting for Chevre at the time and had asked us why we didn't vote Chevre with him as we didn't like Chevre's first post. But we had also stated that we didn't like Nobody Special's post, and Desperado did make a comment about his bad first post. Desperado changed to Nobody Special after Equinox had started the wagon, but in the same post in his line of lynchability, he still has Chevre as lower than Nobody Special. Now I think that Desperado would try to get away with not bussing if he could help it, but Nobody Special did look scummy and Equinox started the wagon on him; I could totally see a scum!Desperado jumping ship and bussing in that instance.

One thing that we're interested in is how Desperado got a town read of us from Sleepy. Sleepy is really interested in the answer to this question, btw.

It kinda feels like he went the easy route for giving a read on us. One of the reasons I gave a town read to Desperado in Quickness was because he said he needed Nacho to show up because he couldn't read me (I'm very hard to read!) but could read Nacho, ha, so it feels like a recreation of that here.

~~~~~

I think that's about it for this segment? I want to reread some things and now that summer school is over, I'll be able to do that and may have something better for the next segment, but these are some things that we wanted to get out there.

I'm also going on vacation starting Friday but I will definitely have access to a computer.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Desperado »

@ tammy: #34 was really town to me. the tone and focus of the post didn't feel at all like the sleepy that snowed me the first couple days of quickness. his pedit on ns' #33 made me feel good. so did you letting him vote wherever he wanted. i don't understand why this is the "easy route" for giving a read on your slot or what your point is with that.

nor do i understand what you're talking about here:

In post 82, Dot Matrix wrote:The one reason we're not going after Chevre right now is because equinox had a decent town read on him. I haven't read the game equinox referred to to see the similarities, but it's enough to give me pause. I'm also toying with the idea that Chevre!scum doesn't kill the one person townreading him and defending him on night one after losing his partner. Sleepy agrees but also said it could be a case of look that dead townie was town reading me. I don't think I've seen him use that excuse though so.

Desperado, why didn't that idea come into play for you at all? In Quickness, after I was killed night one you used that as part of the reasoning you were defending Jason on day two.

because i don't ever remember defending jason from anything

@ ssk: go into detail about what specifically not mafia was wrong/repetitive/bad about

@ chevre: you said to just add up what you've said about voided but the sum total of what you've said about them is that their vote sticking on bert "doesn't feel right." i don't find this compelling. why doesn't it feel right?
;)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Over 48 hours since my last post so I believe this a new segment for me.

In post 91, Chevre wrote:Plus I think with Bert as jailkeeper most everything could be cleared up potentially depending on how the night goes?

Bert was 1-shot.

In post 91, Chevre wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Second Void
because that feels more right. Sure, add everything I've been saying about him, plus what Bert said about him just waiting for my and Not_Mafia's lynches to pass; more so, an overall general acceptance of that as fact which was kind of creepy and we both feel so complacent about it. It just doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna lie, even as I type it out this vote switch reads pretty lowly-evidenced but it is mostly these things and the gut feeling I get from Second Void's posts.

I don't understand what was so bad here that, what was largely a PoE read for you, moved past me on scum list, who you were actively scum reading, you even say yourself it's "pretty lowly-evidenced"

In post 91, Chevre wrote:Frankly I have little more to post than the idea that I am happy with me/Not_Mafia/Second Void being lynched in some order over the next few days because that seems like it should wipe out the scum. I understand this includes me and I guess I get why now NM said "me or Chevre" because from a whole-game standpoint that's what it came down to.

In post 91, Chevre wrote:
SCUM
Second Void
Not_Mafia
MafiaSSK
Desperado
- - -
Bert
Dot Matrix
TOWN

And why are you so comfortable with us going down the list of myself, you and Second Void when both SSK and Desp are above your town|scum line?

Still prefer a Chevre lynch, seemed too willing to join this Second Void wagon and I don't understand what exactly has either elevated them or lowered me on his scum list.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

Vote Count 2.3(L-1) Chevre - Not_Mafia, Second Void, Desperado
(L-2) Second Void - Bert, Chevre
not_mafia - MafiaSSK

Not voting: Dot Matrix

MafiaSSK, Dot_Matrix, Desperado, and Not_Mafia posted this phase.
Second Void
Second Void
Townie
Second Void
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Second Void »

BLAAAAAH WALLPOST!

In post 89, Bert wrote:that course of action doesn't mean anything, that is if you're implying that you think that scum would unlikely claim intent to hammer on a buddy.

Chevre is claiming that my vote sitting on you "doesn't feel right". I have no idea what he's trying to say by that. The only thing I can think of is that he apparently doesn't know/is ignoring the fact that I had stated intent to hammer NS.

In post 89, Bert wrote:where's the care about not letting people aside from NM/Chevre off the hook?tone seems like you're just waiting for the next two days to blow over.

i think you're the last scum

DM is conftown by you, pretty much regardless of your alignment. Even if I can't say "conftown" they're
the
town in this game.
You're pretty much town by your claim and the lack of any scum motivation behind it. Your D1 was annoying, but not scummy, too.

THat leaves NM, Chevre, Desp, SSK, and me.

I think I'm town, obviously, so for the sake of this argument we can ignore me.
I already said SSK is likely town based on NM's argument at the beginning of the day. I may not have mentioned this at the time, but I also feel like NM is less scum than Chevre, but is still a likely candidate if Chevre isn't.
I don't recall any sort of negative feelings from Desp D1. Nor do I feel that there is any today. His insistence on someone hammering D1 didn't feel scummy to me.

If you want to peg me for not explaining myself, that's fine because I probably didn't. If you want to peg me for "coasting" I suppose that's fine as well because it's true to a degree. I simply don't think Desp is likely to be scum, so I'm not going to consider them for today. I also find it unlikely that SSK is scum, despite how aggravatingly low his content is. If I had to switch out NM for someone, it'd be him, but for right now I think scum is within NM and Chevre, and I think it's more likely to be Chevre than NM.

So...okay, then?

In post 91, Chevre wrote:Unvote, Vote: Second Void because that feels more right. Sure, add everything I've been saying about him, plus what Bert said about him just waiting for my and Not_Mafia's lynches to pass; more so, an overall general acceptance of that as fact which was kind of creepy and we both feel so complacent about it. It just doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna lie, even as I type it out this vote switch reads pretty lowly-evidenced but it is mostly these things and the gut feeling I get from Second Void's posts.

Hey, now, I actually feel like I'm right this game. That's, like, never happened to me. Ever.

Sure, it's happened to Mastin, but pretty much never to me. Hell, I've been more the facilitator for others being right than for me being right (Marketplace II comes to mind on that front, I think). Don't diss my good feelings, bro.

Besides, you still haven't really answered the question:
Why
is my votesit not feeling right? Are you not aware of why I hadn't moved it? Why haven't you answered this question?

(This is also a terrible sheep of Bert, btw. In part because of said weak reasons for voting me.)

In post 92, MafiaSSK wrote:Me saying N_m is scum was reactive to their recent post. It was just wrong. It was all fluff or repetition and what was original was reaching. Just bad stuff.

I'm not seeing much in regards to fluff. Nor were any points that repetitive.

Well, except the point about SSK-town but then he was repeating himself, so...details, please?

(I assume you didn't mean to quote Saulres's 2nd post, too.)

In post 93, Dot Matrix wrote:That's the extent of the answer you're going to get from me because I quite frankly don't see the point of going on about that post and quote. Our answer certainly can't be to scumhunt us, so either you need it to scumhunt chevre? Or for some other reason? IDK.

Well, yeah, that answers why you did it, but unless I'm being blind again that doesn't explain what you didn't like about Chevre's comment re: self-vote. I figured it was because of the jester comment, but.

In post 93, Dot Matrix wrote:Desperado changed to Nobody Special after Equinox had started the wagon, but in the same post in his line of lynchability, he still has Chevre as lower than Nobody Special. Now I think that Desperado would try to get away with not bussing if he could help it, but Nobody Special did look scummy and Equinox started the wagon on him; I could totally see a scum!Desperado jumping ship and bussing in that instance

I reread through the first two pages. I'm not really seeing the bussing intent there. The "Ns is weaker than chevre but he's voting NS" doesn't feel like a very strong point, IMO.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by Chevre »

In re: how I feel about Second Void -

No, I don't really get why his vote stuck on Bert throughout Day 1. Sure the hydra reiterated that they were going to hammer Nobody Special, but that really doesn't still rectify to me that the vote was left on the person for whom they voted initially and ended the day feeling that they were "towny side of null". Re-skimming thei ISO, throughout Day 1 they're more ambivalent towards NS than I remembered.

This combined with the way it was unanimously Not_Mafia or me at the beginning of Day 2 is really fishy. I'd say Second Void isn't the only guilty of just going along with us two as the natural next lynches (I mean, I did it myself), but this is where Process of Elimination narrows it down to them pretty much.

Also, Not_Mafia, I poorly consructed that list; Desperado and MafiaSSK are also town reads, the "- - -" was indicative of a huge gap between the two due to Bert's claim. I've considered that he and DM are cheeky scum who could've organized something like this, but that's super farfetched and if the game balance is 6-3 saulres was trying to self-fulfill his prophecy ;)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Bert »

List