FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:17 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Sinisterly a cursor superimposed on the star map blinks three times and engenders a question whether you'd like to browse the mafia or flashdance section, followed by an interactive menu of reasonably priced beverages and food, obscenely overpriced drugs, and something free called lloro; to snap you out of perplexing over what a troupe under the sun's spotlight is dancing to. You yes mafia, hamburger with french fries and pumpkin-seed-oiled lettuce salad, a slice of black forest cherry cake, a crossbreed of northern lights and sensi star called Polaris Aurora and lloro because yolo.

Upon navigating its interface you probe the ongoing game's progress, hoping to find indications for an expeditious rage quit, 'Pula Mafia | Host: FourFace | Co-host: Chelkael | AI: Commodore 0.66 | Karma-sponsor: Subaru - buy one when and if you can afford it' when a live incoming video post prompts for permission to be screened. As you try to figure out how to raise the volume the waitress arrives with wireless headphones and a bowl of hazelnuts you assume you didn't order. Apparently your drugs are genetically engineered into them and there's no smoking in the Womb.

She hands you a halo (the term used to describe 3d holographic technology from here on out, maybe never again) flyer and the lloro, a salve, you reckon needs to be smeared on your infraorbitals judging by her gestures, to jog the lachrymals MmmKay.

'That game is hosted by FourFace. People love him here but he has been banned from virtually every forum mafia site, notorious for a brand of insane trolling. Ether conditioned the setup but he circumvented it, the Netherworld is unhappy about his style and unless Chelie keeps him in check it's gonna be a clusterfuck. Don't say I didn't warn you.'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

'Anyway, its flavor pays homage to our ex chief of police who ascended last night - you've heard the news yeah - and some of the other local personalities he congregated with. If you win you get made into the same family as NJ, as his sibling. According to Commodore you'll have an estimated potential of cutting back stupidity on Earth by 0.9%' You leave a very generous tip. 'Andaah, don't tell anyone I told you this buuut.. Valhalla will be watching. Make it 10, by some miracle off-chance, and you're in'
*offers it back
'No need for a tip if you promise to remember me when you're high, rich, powerful and famous. Here's my DNA'
*kisses you, transitions into a conspiratory look while plucking a strand of hair, tying a hangman's knot, wrapping it around your neck and winking as she leaves.

The front side of the holo reads 'OCI Times' featuring 'The philosophy of gravity, an AllHailHydraGod lecture @ The WOMB, ETA: 20 minutes' and according to the map on the back there are vitrines with souvenirs (which display pajamas, bucket hats, hammerheads, "VFM" brand smartphones, hacky sacks, various balls including little green bouncy ones, frisbees, skateboards, books, posters and budgerigars? The merchant informs you of their housebroken manners and you fiddle with the idea of getting one once you've taken a leak), bathroom (where you try on the nox-themed bucket hat you bought and decide it looks good on your mirror image), arcade (Broodwar), swimming pool, sauna, yoga / martial-art / art dojo, 'green plague'(?), 'footsal and 'dodgeball' courts, massage parlor (you definitely would), a cozy live band / poetry slam / board game / drama club (where there's rather too much onion-chopping and loco shouting going on for your taste), a complimentary shrink (you feel you might need after having witnessed what went on in the club), two VIP storage rooms labeled 'ABC' and 'R. Gates' and a clandestine reward den at your service downstairs, while a library / observatory / church / mashup-movie theater equipped with hammocks serves your food in 15 minutes (which you spend checking out the ground floor, then proceed) upstairs.
Last edited by FakedBlogger on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:20 am

Post by elusive »

In post 69, catboi wrote:
In post 66, Malakittens wrote:Catboi grib has a bunch of exp with me tbh so the early read on me doesnt bother me that much

I gathered as much, it just doesn't really matter because there's no way hose reads come that quickly from a legitimate thought process, whereas they would come quick from someone looking to get their foot in the door and seem town

Actually...when you play a lot with certain people and they are devious then you can figure that out. Maybe. So, I want to know why you claimed miller with no pressure. What is the thought process? Where\when has this strategy been useful? Why?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Scorpious »

I think its worth reminding everyone that we are on 8 day deadlines.. I'm far from activity police,but we aren't necessarily off to a roaring start here.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Atum »

Am I the only one that now flinches reflexively when I see the mod has a non-VC post? I think the flavor in #39 traumatized me or something.

And this guy with the bucket hat simultaneously fascinates me and creeps me out. I like this game already.
In post 71, Maxous wrote:
In post 64, catboi wrote:For reference, to that point, this was Atums only post, and there's no way anyone could or should read anything alignment-telling from something like that.

I'll avoid putting the dude at L-2 but yeah, this is a good point.
I don't see how Atum would be fittng a "meta"

My meta is spectacular and I always fit it because I'm always town, except when my role pm disagrees.

Anyone on Grib because they think he couldn't/wouldn't form meta reads based off just an RVS post probably doesn't know Grib all that well. He's town, and more importantly, we're both town and I won't let you take that away from us. Do something useful and help me run up Mala some more.

In post 73, Banakai wrote:
In post 70, Radja wrote:
In post 54, Banakai wrote:Also I don't really have any tells right now

we probbably have a cop if we have a miller but that isn't proven yet

why do you want to speculate about there being a cop?

Cause it's good information to have. For example come later in the game we learn there is no cop, her claim is BS

Do you think it's more helpful to town to have said information? Why?

What were your old tells?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:12 am

Post by elusive »

I'm afraid to vote because I can't read the new VC. So what should I look at in it to understand whether I'm doing something dangerous or not?

It's been fixed ages ago. Also, you could've been my co-mod, shame on you.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

Elusive have you ever played with a miller before??

Also atum why do you want to run me up??
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

Also I could read the old VC just fine. I just didn't like it xD
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Atum »

Idk, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Who should get run up instead?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 76, elusive wrote:
In post 69, catboi wrote:
In post 66, Malakittens wrote:Catboi grib has a bunch of exp with me tbh so the early read on me doesnt bother me that much

I gathered as much, it just doesn't really matter because there's no way hose reads come that quickly from a legitimate thought process, whereas they would come quick from someone looking to get their foot in the door and seem town

Actually...when you play a lot with certain people and they are devious then you can figure that out. Maybe. So, I want to know why you claimed miller with no pressure. What is the thought process? Where\when has this strategy been useful? Why?

Same here, I don't understand the reasoning behind it. It's very suspicious, and yet I see no benefit to doing this as scum, which is the only reason I'm holding off on voting.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:45 am

Post by elusive »

In post 80, Malakittens wrote:Elusive have you ever played with a miller before??

Mala, no I have never played with a miller as described on the MafiaWiki. In the one game I replaced into that I didn't read the hundreds of pages because boring, there was talk of millers and blah blah but no one claimed it the way catboi has.

I'm just wondering why catboi would claim. For example if I had a negative utility role (if Miller here means gets a guilty from the Cop) then I would 1. not out my role and instead fake crumb cop to protect the real cop and 2. dance on the rooftops to goad scum into trying to NK me again to protect power roles.

So now I'm figuring out why the self-preservationy play if this is town or if this is scum then? I mean obviously if catboi doesn't flip soon then what? I'm not sure. It's like a player claiming Vanilla, its pointless and annoying since it narrows the pool for scum NKs. Don't do it.

In post 79, elusive wrote:I'm afraid to vote because I can't read the new VC. So what should I look at in it to understand whether I'm doing something dangerous or not?

It's been fixed ages ago. Also, you could've been my co-mod, shame on you.

I'm playing in the game, amn't I! And
Spoiler:
I invited these other people that I like playing with :P Idk, elusive as a Mod would be weird, I don't have much incentive to do boring things, I can't do numbers well and having to count things frustrates me, and also idk if I modded a game it would the rules would be:

1. Play to your wincon, do whatever it takes.
2. There are no other rules because rules are meant for those who lack the conviction to think for themselves. Don't be a crybaby about rules and grow a pair.

Probably my modding would not be approved on this site :O

VOTE: Catboi
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Grib »

In post 64, catboi wrote:Don't like the dismissal here at all, I was probably a little too brief with my vote but a post like #30 on page 2 of a game reads entirely like someone trying too hard, too early. For reference, to that point, this was Atums only post, and there's no way anyone could or should read anything alignment-telling from something like that. Malakittens similarly hadn't said many relevant tings to that point. It's just assigning townreads to seem active. Second line on elusive is a weak, cautious statement which directs suspicion at them without really saying anything of value. ditto regarding me, reads more like someone keeping options open for lynches than doing any legitimate analysis, and then the vote is throwaway rvs nonsense. The whole thing never reads like a town thought process at any point.

This isn't the first time I've been attacked for giving early reads, and I highly doubt it'll be the last.

I give early reads very often as town, because even if they're wrong, they get people talking, and the more people talk, the more content there is to strengthen or rethink reads.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Grib »

It's hard to explain with elusive. She has this
thing
about her that usually gets me to (correctly) townread her right off the bat. I'm not getting it here, it may be because of the meta differences between MS and the site I originally played on with elusive in the distant past.

Atum is town because of his attitude. Pretty much.

Mala...eh, I played with her once offsite and thought she was very likely scum (which she was! I just lacked the conviction to lynch her), and I'm not getting scumvibes now, so she's a light townread.

elusive, are you voting him for the Miller claim?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:05 am

Post by elusive »

Grib, I want to know why he claimed and answers to my questions. I don't see how claiming is good for town so unless someone can explain that then yeah.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Maxous »

@grib
: I can't find a scum-game of yours.
Help please
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Grib »

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 87, elusive wrote:Grib, I want to know why he claimed and answers to my questions. I don't see how claiming is good for town so unless someone can explain that then yeah.

One of the strategies listed in the wiki is to immediately claim Miller if you are a Miller.

Of course there's scum wine but then we'll just have to evaluate his behavior as the game progresses, no?
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 90, Grib wrote:

One of the strategies listed in the wiki is to immediately claim Miller if you are a Miller.

This.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Grib »

For now, I'm going to treat the Miller claim the same way I would a Bulletproof claim: wait and see who pushes them for weak reasons because their role (BP/Miller) is naturally scummy to claim.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by catboi »

I fully understand getting meta reads on someone but Gribs posts come across as imitations of meta reads rather than anything genuine. Don't remotely find the argument of "this is just how someone plays" convincing against reads that implausible, comes across as more of an excuse to avoid doing actual analysis

In post 84, elusive wrote:I'm just wondering why catboi would claim. For example if I had a negative utility role (if Miller here means gets a guilty from the Cop) then I would 1. not out my role and instead fake crumb cop to protect the real cop and 2. dance on the rooftops to goad scum into trying to NK me again to protect power roles.

So now I'm figuring out why the self-preservationy play if this is town or if this is scum then? I mean obviously if catboi doesn't flip soon then what? I'm not sure. It's like a player claiming Vanilla, its pointless and annoying since it narrows the pool for scum NKs. Don't do it.

Claiming as miller is commonly accepted practice everywhere I've played. To me there's no purpose whatsoever in hiding , risks wasting both a cop investigation and a mislynch were I to get checked, and holding off on claiming means I'm far less likely to be believed when I do claim (I will claw the eyeballs out of anyone who says this is being overly cautious). You want to debate theory, you can do it in mafia discussion but claiming miller isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Grib »

How do they come across as imitations if you've never played with me and thus don't know how I typically read people?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by catboi »

because it's not possible to develop a legitimate read that early, certainly not given the available info, and comes across as trying too hard to give an appearance of being town
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 90, Grib wrote:
In post 87, elusive wrote:Grib, I want to know why he claimed and answers to my questions. I don't see how claiming is good for town so unless someone can explain that then yeah.

Of course there's scum wine but then we'll just have to evaluate his behavior as the game progresses, no?

^ this

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Okay so catboi is probably town. I'm liking Grib as town too. Elusive may be town, although, pretty weak gut read.

I'm not really liking Atum or Grayfoxx.

I have to look at something with Maxous and I'll get back to you on that.

Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Radja »

Catboi and Mala are probably town yeah.
I don't really like the cop thing coming from Banakai.

VOTE: Banakai

Should start somewhere, right?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 92, Grib wrote:For now, I'm going to treat the Miller claim the same way I would a Bulletproof claim: wait and see
who pushes them for weak reasons because their role (BP/Miller) is naturally scummy to claim

in other words, elusive.
who you already thought was off beforehand.
yet you're not pushing him for some reason, you were downplaying the suspicion in #86.

thanks for the link though, even if i didn't find much useful

~

for the record: elsuive, radja & catboi are my current townreads.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”