Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 74, Adorable wrote:Did I miss rvs and we're all on serious votes now? Two votes on page 2 looked like they were serious votes and some of the votes on page 3 looked like they were rvs.
You did. We're srs business.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 11, eyestott wrote:Maybe the bottom left, but It could easily be just another anime avatar. Seriously, why are there so many anime avatars on Mafiascum?

pedit: ohhhh okay hey boi hows it going?
I am assuming my true form for this game as a reflection on my experiences with
eyestott, Titus, and mastina

In post 12, mastina wrote:
Vote: Team STRQ
In post 11, eyestott wrote:pedit: ohhhh okay hey boi hows it going?
Not gonna lie--I never signed up for this game. I was assigned this game due to listmod error so was quite baffled when I received a role PM for a game that I never signed up for to play. But when I took a look at the game, I went, "...yaknow what, sure, why not?" and decided to stay in it.

With absolutely no clue there was even a hydra in the game, yet alone the identity of said hydra's heads.

Thinking I made the right choice. :P
I want to hear good reasons to suspect this slot.
In post 48, Egix96 wrote:
In post 41, eyestott wrote:
In post 39, Chronos wrote:
In post 24, EspressoPatronum wrote:I was actually going to vote for the hydra, but I saw Ank's profile pic in there +
didn't want her to think I have a vendetta against her from TM20.

I picked BSG bcz I don't know what it stands for.
VOTE: EspressoPatronum
In post 40, Chronos wrote:No way a civilian thinks that much about his entrance and an rvs vote yada yada yeeeeee
Not a fan of that entrance. VOTE: Chronos
Nah, I think that 24 is clearly worse. I don't see why Patronum should be so concerned with (highlighted). To me it reads as scum not wanting to stick their foot in it.

VOTE: Patronum
-
Pat's
policy vote is annoying since this hydra has experienced the same type of mentality the previous game, so I can't say the vote is AI.
-I mean, I can kind of see
Chronos'
point but what about
mastina's
text in ? That was a pretty thoughtful opener, too.
-
eyestott's
vote and logic in is sPiCy, but I want to know what he's seeing in
-
Egixx's
vote feels the most sound out of all of them but I want to know if he's townreading any opener so far.
In post 58, alimdia wrote: Honestly Chronos's reaction seemed quite towny and post 39-40 was clearly him making a joke on his own RVS vote?
Off first glance, most definitive townvibe I've accrued from this post-chain.

While proved
Ali's
idea of his post to be false, that makes this defense feel more raw, and I like that he opened with a townread since that implies a teamworking mindset.
In post 68, Chronos wrote:
In post 64, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Cronos - What do you think of Egix's entrance ()?
Not feeling anything about it. Nothing sways me one way or the other. Why, did you think it was weird?

I'm having quite the trouble wrapping my head around why you would feel compelled to ignore STRQ's hydra just because you had past experience with them and were wrong on one head of the hydra. Ok, well, this isn't really the issue, but more so why you had a reasoning for not voting them, in...
RVS
Clarification: This hydra has never crossed EspressoPatronum before.

If anyone has trouble reading this hydra, just try to solve one of us at least.

We're all 4 different players but we like developing our dynamics together, and while we're definitely not too immune or conscious of hydra dissonance, we're capable of gamesolving.
In post 75, Titus wrote:
In post 74, Adorable wrote:Did I miss rvs and we're all on serious votes now? Two votes on page 2 looked like they were serious votes and some of the votes on page 3 looked like they were rvs.
You did. We're srs business.
Titus
, this will be a great social experiment. Guess who this is ;)

To my memory, neither of us have ever lived longer than 2 game phases within each other and not endgamed or won.

But I've also never played with you when I'm in a hydra :D

-Tai
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

"hydra dissonance" is exactly the term I didn't know I needed.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Chronos »

UNVOTE:

Also not sure how to even handle Tai’s question. They obviously had no thought about it, why should I? And how does that help them read me? The fact that I haven’t reacted to a post about how someone ended in a game? It wasn’t even their very first post if I remember correctly.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 am

In post 76, Team STRQ wrote:[...]
Clarification: This hydra has never crossed EspressoPatronum before.
Correct.

Individually, I have played with Ank, Enter, and I'm 90% sure I've played with the DVA avatar. I don't think I've played with the toucan avatar.
If anyone has trouble reading this hydra, just try to solve one of us at least.

We're all 4 different players but we like developing our dynamics together, and while we're definitely not too immune or conscious of hydra dissonance, we're capable of gamesolving.
[...]
-Tai
Thanks for the tips!

Also, I appreciate the effort you guys are taking to clarify which head is talking.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Chronos »

I no longer think EP’s scum, I tried to gauge out reactions as much as I could.

I do have some other scum reads though that I plan to keep for myself and will probably lurk for quite a bit and observe from afar.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Team STRQ »

it's very simple to determine who is who just by isoing us in purgatory

-Summer
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Team STRQ »

EP I played with you on an alt in a mini theme ages ago but I don't remember your play that wells. If you remember DVa avatar then that would be from TM I guess but I kinda don't count that

-Q
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:38 am

In post 82, Team STRQ wrote:EP I played with you on an alt in a mini theme ages ago but I don't remember your play that wells. If you remember DVa avatar then that would be from TM I guess but I kinda don't count that

-Q
Just out of curiosity, what mini theme?

Did you play in Mainstream Mafia 2? I only remember seeing the DVA avatar in the post-game chat.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 78, Chronos wrote:UNVOTE:

Also not sure how to even handle Tai’s question. They obviously had no thought about it, why should I? And how does that help them read me? The fact that I haven’t reacted to a post about how someone ended in a game? It wasn’t even their very first post if I remember correctly.
VOTE: Chronos
In post 83, EspressoPatronum wrote:Just out of curiosity, what mini theme?
Pokemon [ruby? sapphire? something] mafia, I was detective pikachu iirc

-Q
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 76, Team STRQ wrote:Egixx's vote feels the most sound out of all of them but I want to know if he's townreading any opener so far.
I did get town feels from this:
In post 12, mastina wrote:Not gonna lie--I never signed up for this game. I was assigned this game due to listmod error so was quite baffled when I received a role PM for a game that I never signed up for to play. But when I took a look at the game, I went, "...yaknow what, sure, why not?" and decided to stay in it.
Although that is with the presumption that the alignment of the role would have had any relevance in her decision.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:41 am

In post 80, Chronos wrote:I no longer think EP’s scum, I tried to gauge out reactions as much as I could.

I do have some other scum reads though that I plan to keep for myself and will probably lurk for quite a bit and observe from afar.
But we're just warming up. Why lurk now?

I'm also interested to hear your response to Tai's question re: your interpretation of mastina's opening post. Do you think it was towny?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 78, Chronos wrote:UNVOTE:

Clarify a few things:

You mean this question I posed?
Team STRQ wrote: -I mean, I can kind of see
Chronos'
point but what about
mastina's
text in ? That was a pretty thoughtful opener, too.
If so, how does
Mastina
have less thought in than
Espresso's
in ?

I'm asking because this DOES help me read your thought process when you post by the nuances of how you interact with others, so I can determine alignment by motivation rather than painting an action as inherently towny or scummy. It's also part of reaction gauging.

So I can relate to your

-Tai

p-edit

Egix96 wrote:
In post 76, Team STRQ wrote:Egixx's vote feels the most sound out of all of them but I want to know if he's townreading any opener so far.
I did get town feels from this:
In post 12, mastina wrote:Not gonna lie--I never signed up for this game. I was assigned this game due to listmod error so was quite baffled when I received a role PM for a game that I never signed up for to play. But when I took a look at the game, I went, "...yaknow what, sure, why not?" and decided to stay in it.
Although that is with the presumption that the alignment of the role would have had any relevance in her decision.
Can't say it's AI for
mastina
but this assessment feels genuine and possible.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am

In post 84, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 83, EspressoPatronum wrote:Just out of curiosity, what mini theme?
Pokemon [ruby? sapphire? something] mafia, I was detective pikachu iirc
-Q
Ahh kk, that was a fun one. I was a friendly neighbourizer!

Looking forward to playing with you again.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Chronos »

They had no thought as in you, not mastina.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:01 am

In post 89, Chronos wrote:They had no thought as in you, not mastina.
What's your answer to STQR's question though?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Chronos I have another question

whatcha reading?

-Q
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Chronos »

I’m not gonna answer that because STRQ made a logical leap and also framed a loaded question when my gripe with you had never been about you putting no thought in your post. And quite frankly I don’t see what that has to do with mastina.

I do understand why he interpreted it like that, I just rectified my use of pronouns there. “They had no thought about it, so why should I” was addressed towards Taly, I was essentially arguing that I found it weird Taly was holding me accountable for not reacting to mastina (as if there was anything to react to) as a reason for not town reading me / being skeptical about me, which is just silly.

Although, even with the misused pronouns, that’s still a huge logical leap that isn’t explained by miscommunication on my part. I don’t understand even remotely how they jumped from me scum reading you for thinking about stuff that a civ never would to “how does mastina’s post have less thought than EP’s?”

And moreso how they actually placed a vote based on it. Like how is me saying (from their PoV) that I thought mastina had less thought than you in an entry post going to make me more likely to flip wolf?

VOTE: Team STRQ

You flapped your feathers in the wrong places, oh you, beautiful bird.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Team STRQ »

That seems like an extreme reaction to asking what you're reading :P

-Q
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:19 am

@Chronos That's too defensive for my tastes.

When you were pushing me for my BSG vote reasoning, I worked with you to explain everything. By my reading, STQR was asking you to do something similar in explaining your reasoning. Instead of working through the questions, you got evasive and went on the attack.

I also dislike the timing of your intent to lurk, and you either missed or ignored my question at

EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 am

And while I'm thinking about it:
In post 80, Chronos wrote:I no longer think EP’s scum,
I tried to gauge out reactions as much as I could.

[...]
What specific reactions did you gauge?
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Chronos »

In post 86, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 80, Chronos wrote:I no longer think EP’s scum, I tried to gauge out reactions as much as I could.

But we're just warming up. Why lurk now?

I'm also interested to hear your response to Tai's question re: your interpretation of mastina's opening post. Do you think it was towny?
Every vote that you see on me and post that talks about my vote / people avoiding you, etc.

I did miss your question, I kind of zooted over mastina’s post. Didn’t leave me with anything really.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Chronos »

In post 94, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Chronos That's too defensive for my tastes.

When you were pushing me for my BSG vote reasoning, I worked with you to explain everything. By my reading, STQR was asking you to do something similar in explaining your reasoning. Instead of working through the questions, you got evasive and went on the attack.

I also dislike the timing of your intent to lurk, and you either missed or ignored my question at

It’s 12:30 AM. I am replying to this to remind myself to make a timeline of the events and stuff.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:36 am

In post 97, Chronos wrote:
In post 94, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Chronos That's too defensive for my tastes.

It’s 12:30 AM. I am replying to this to remind myself to make a timeline of the events and stuff.
No prob. Happy to pick up with things tomorrow.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Titus »

I have a random theory already, and I'm pretty sure Chronos is town. I just need to filter down to see which one is agency captured because I have four suspects.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”