Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Sorry, I'm being snippy and rude

I'm just a little annoyed by the amount of mech talk in the pre-game, and how that seems like it'll be continuing quite a bit into Day 1. I'd rather people play like it's a normal game for a while and then if we have to, do the mech talk after we actually have some content on the board. It's very frustrating to try to get anything AI out of empty questions like "do we wanna try a strategy to improve our odds or is there not a way to do so?"

Because like 1. No duh we want to improve our odds within reason, and whether or not there is a way to do so will become evident as more people check in and give their thoughts

2. it becomes a mask for giving actual content about the game, stalls out RVS, and gives the appearance of looking productive and town without actually having to risk anything
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 75, Dannflor wrote:Sorry, I'm being snippy and rude

I'm just a little annoyed by the amount of mech talk in the pre-game, and how that seems like it'll be continuing quite a bit into Day 1. I'd rather people play like it's a normal game for a while and then if we have to, do the mech talk after we actually have some content on the board. It's very frustrating to try to get anything AI out of empty questions like "do we wanna try a strategy to improve our odds or is there not a way to do so?"

Because like 1. No duh we want to improve our odds within reason, and whether or not there is a way to do so will become evident as more people check in and give their thoughts

2. it becomes a mask for giving actual content about the game, stalls out RVS, and gives the appearance of looking productive and town without actually having to risk anything
Fair enough, but usually I like to go in with a plan. It's absolutely true that scum sometimes speculate about mechanics instead of hunt, I'm doing both(I'm just not saying anything about it because they're vague initial impressions). but in this case I'm also trying to use this speculation as a means to evaluate other's responses too. It can be a tool to keep scum off balance especially if you can use mechanics to pressure scum into unoptimal moves.

But I do get it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 76, Bell wrote:I'm doing both(I'm just not saying anything about it because they're vague initial impressions)
personally I would love to hear even your under-baked half-formed initial impressions if you are willing to share
LavarManos
LavarManos
Goon
LavarManos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by LavarManos »

In post 28, Bell wrote:I see. I wonder how that dynamic is going to work out or how we can use that information to find scum.
What dynamic are you talking about?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

president dann rolled scum oh no!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 77, Dannflor wrote:
In post 76, Bell wrote:I'm doing both(I'm just not saying anything about it because they're vague initial impressions)
personally I would love to hear even your under-baked half-formed initial impressions if you are willing to share
Sure. Oka spam posts as either alignment, I'm not sure if he's town or not here, I think it was a nice touch if he's scum that he "tried" to control his posting and enthusiasm. Overall though I do think his start out of thinking "oh shit, I rolled town in a scum-sided set up, but I love this shit" is kind of coming off as genuine to me.

You I'm not sure if you're posturing/hewing too close to the town norm/purist version to be town, but I wouldn't really know. Your question to me is largely open ended and it depends on the player to respond well rather than definitively determine my own alignment. So thanks for the opportunity, but I don't feel much.

DGB is being DGB. This is a challenging set up and I wonder if they joined because they want to improve at their hunting or hope to gain something here, since I kind of screwed up last game I was in with them. I'm not sure how that emotional component will effect them this game.

I kinda felt the snipe by what's their face was very low hanging fruit. But in RVS, I really can't hold that against them. Could be town trying to generate content, could be scum trying to generate content without really asking me anything. I'll just keep an eye with people I don't know and people I do know that's what I prefer to do.

The yellow alt guy, is interesting they're saying something relatively new But I'm not sure what to make of it. Unique takes aren't particularly townie or scummy to me, rather they launched off with their own opinions without waiting and seeing what everyone else thinks. Which is probably a good rule of thumb as either alignment.

@Lavar: The dynamic of using players to communicate what is going on in separate neighborhoods.
Qoobee
Qoobee
Townie
Qoobee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Qoobee »

In post 69, Dannflor wrote:
In post 56, Qoobee wrote:Favorite People so Far:

OkaPoka, DrippingGoofball
VOTE: Qoobee

Can you explain why DGB is here and what elevates it above other players that have posted so far?
I like the way DGB said Oka was town - DGB sounded like it was very happy about this townread.
Qoobee
Qoobee
Townie
Qoobee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Qoobee »

When I get a townread I feel very happy and since DGB also felt very happy I think it must also be town like me !

Qoobee
Qoobee
Townie
Qoobee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Qoobee »

In post 75, Dannflor wrote:Sorry, I'm being snippy and rude

You don't sound like you are actually sorry.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

am i in this game

good i am

hi people
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4, OkaPoka wrote:im legit so hyped rn like ive never been so excited to lose omg omg omg omg omg
Wut

VOTE: FakeGod
I don’t think I’ve seen you as a player ever, this’ll be new for me!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 11, OkaPoka wrote:okay about the setup: obviously if we were perfect we'd figure out a way to create a list of townreads, congregate all the top townreads on each wagon and concentrate the powers such that the townreads are always on the wagon together but uh yeah hmm 17p all agreeing just isnt it so i guess what im saying is that president dannflor needs to charm us all into salvation and we just need to pray that dann rolled town
:/
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Dusa »

In post 61, Bell wrote:
In post 50, Dusa wrote:
In post 28, Bell wrote:I see. I wonder how that dynamic is going to work out or how we can use that information to find scum.
I don't like this post!
Is it because you don’t like when people are too on the nose with their thoughts?
No! However! I like this post!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 73, Dannflor wrote:this seems like a lot of words to not play the game
In post 74, Bell wrote:
Could you expand on what you mean here. It's honestly too vague for me to quite understand the point you're trying to make?
Seems a bit like he’s against breaking the setup
Ooookay
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I don’t expect I’ll be very good at directly breaking the setup but I should be able to be a questions asker at times as well as someone to just get stuff done
<Embrace The Void>

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by FakeGod »

you know what? I agree

I'm here to kill some scum so let's get going
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 85, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4, OkaPoka wrote:im legit so hyped rn like ive never been so excited to lose omg omg omg omg omg
Wut

we kill this first

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not against breaking the setup or mech talk on principle

I'm against people trying to do that to substitute playing the game
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 91, FakeGod wrote:
In post 85, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Wut

we kill this first

Thanks for the warm welcome
<Embrace The Void>

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Do u think either me or bell are going to not play the game and only mech talk? Cmon now
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Bell »

Third wagon vote is best vote.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 94, OkaPoka wrote:Do u think either me or bell are going to not play the game and only mech talk? Cmon now
Yeah, pretty much I don't know where they're really coming from.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

very strange hill for dann to stand on all thing considered
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 80, Bell wrote:Sure. Oka spam posts as either alignment, I'm not sure if he's town or not here, I think it was a nice touch if he's scum that he "tried" to control his posting and enthusiasm. Overall though I do think his start out of thinking "oh shit, I rolled town in a scum-sided set up, but I love this shit" is kind of coming off as genuine to me.

You I'm not sure if you're posturing/hewing too close to the town norm/purist version to be town, but I wouldn't really know. Your question to me is largely open ended and it depends on the player to respond well rather than definitively determine my own alignment. So thanks for the opportunity, but I don't feel much.
Oka: the point about him trying to reign himself in is good - he posts a lot of posts and says a lot of nice words so he's a very easy town read to throw out early and it's good you're aware of that

me: I'm a little unclear what you mean here. are you expecting me to try and definitively determine your alignment right now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 97, OkaPoka wrote:very strange hill for dann to stand on all thing considered
you've played with me before

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”