catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 63, Chara wrote:tell us the read kitty. is it me? i would like it to be me.
Oh gosh Chara wants my attention (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

I'm actually not planning to state any reads right now, for at least the first pat of the phase.

I think most players here are pretty capable of playing in a manner that appears conventionally town when we're following the prescribed formula of "making reads" so I'm going to eschew that entirely and engage solely in banter in order to gauge reactions.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Coral »

I probably prefer Keep, if it matters. Purely from a playstyle perspective, I think it's ideal to have patience and cooperation there, since scum NEED a town to vote first and vote wrong. I have more faith in those abilities of mine than in pure read abilities, at least.

Gate could be alright, I think I'm pretty bad at 1v1s but I would enjoy the solving based on a known flip aspect if I'm uncleared. Being the clear sounds like a lot of pressure :shifty:

Wall is just standard and would be fine.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 71, Chara wrote:
In post 65, Isis wrote:Chara's new avi is too good
i'm glad you like it. i lost my whole library of avatars when my last laptop died, this was one of the few that was saved and i'm too lazy to remake any of them.
oh no that's sad they were so nice
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 75, catboi wrote:I'm actually not planning to state any reads right now, for at least the first pat of the phase
motherfucker i'm taking you out back
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Faker »

(i'm kidding that's fine for now)
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 67, Faker wrote:This might just be a function of me being tired/illiterate but I don't know why people think the Keep would make me miserable. I'm pretty indifferent on where to go, I'd rather defer to others' preferences. The downside is more just that it resolves early but shrug, I like games like Trust Fall and Undertale exactly for the townhunting mechanic.

Gate is nice because I might get to do similar even though I'm not a great clear, and I haven't been voted out as town since early 2017. I'm not the best clear but I'd love to have the ball in my (winter) court this game, and if someone is down and thinks they can break the streak I'd love to see you try!
I might have gotten the names mixed up and I also might be misinterpreting/misremembering a comment you made last time. I thought you said something along the lines of that you would not enjoy the Gate, but that you thought it was the most +EV place for you to go.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 76, Coral wrote:I would enjoy the solving based on a known flip aspect if I'm uncleared
Elaborate?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 75, catboi wrote:
In post 63, Chara wrote:tell us the read kitty. is it me? i would like it to be me.

I'm actually not planning to state any reads right now, for at least the first pat of the phase.

I think most players here are pretty capable of playing in a manner that appears conventionally town when we're following the prescribed formula of "making reads" so I'm going to eschew that entirely and engage solely in banter in order to gauge reactions.
thus making yourself very difficult to read!

i don't know how to play mafia without yelling about who is scum and who is town, kitty. i don't want to talk about the setup anymore. :<
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 73, absinthe wrote:I feel better about being able to read catboi correctly this time.
nya purr uwu (๑ↀᆺↀ๑)✧
In post 74, Faker wrote:Eh I would really be wary, we've talked a bit about reading cat previously but that Newbie was not a good representation of his scum game.

I'd love to hardpunish him after he N1'd me in PYP but IMO he's a good candidate to quarantine in the Keep. Don't put that nerd in the wall though he'll blow it.
I'm so town that it's cringe
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Chara »

Prism go to bed.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 81, absinthe wrote:
In post 76, Coral wrote:I would enjoy the solving based on a known flip aspect if I'm uncleared
Elaborate?
If you end up in the 1v1, you have one flipped scum from your POV to work with, prior to any games resolving. I think that sort of solving sounds appealing.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Faker »

ik but I like mafia

Okay though, I'll put full faith in the other players for once and believe that you'll be waiting for me after my nap~ (though I might go out if I'm energetic enough too ?_? idk help)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 82, Chara wrote:
In post 75, catboi wrote:

thus making yourself very difficult to read!

i don't know how to play mafia without yelling about who is scum and who is town, kitty. i don't want to talk about the setup anymore. :<
Then the solution is obvious: simply don't play mafia! What have you been up to lately?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 85, Coral wrote:
In post 81, absinthe wrote:
Elaborate?
If you end up in the 1v1, you have one flipped scum from your POV to work with, prior to any games resolving. I think that sort of solving sounds appealing.
Ah, solving the other mini games. It wasn't computing in the context of solving the gate.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 83, catboi wrote:nya purr uwu (๑ↀᆺↀ๑)✧
Interesting
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 78, Faker wrote:
In post 75, catboi wrote:I'm actually not planning to state any reads right now, for at least the first pat of the phase
motherfucker i'm taking you out back
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Chara »

well, i an easy retail job, i've been medicated for a year now, and i'm enjoying my life. :> how are you catboi?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Faker »

I think Coral would make this kind of suggestion as scum and after reviewing their answer I do scumlean this. I don't think she expected anyone to actually follow this and is mostly in it for the towncred.
In post 43, Coral wrote:My belief from previous runs is that scum struggled the most when town did unexpected things in the midgame. I think a rigid solve order does put all of the pieces on the table, which allows for the more chess-like analysis of how things develop, and that's valid.

I think the reason I lean towards wanting to inject some areas of unpredictability here is that we really only have very few points of information gain compared to a standard game.
The unpredictability happens mainly because players are open/talking and suddenly town players take the ball and individually run the other way unexpectedly. This is a function of the degree of transparency of the players, not of them hiding the ball.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Faker »

Like shit the last run of this game was lost because the players in the Wall were extremely opaque. STD barely played, went completely AWOL by the end, and I have a hard time reading RH9 who is earnest but perhaps overly straightforward. Dwlee99 had a strong interaction on Day 1 which set him up way but that was not why we lost.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Faker »

set them up well* fuck sorry
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm sorry y'all I'm me at the end of the day, I can't say no to playing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Chara »

everyone stop posting for an hour to force Prism into a nap. if we all work together we can do it! hold hands and sing along!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Faker »

i just want to be useful and not make aimless mech commentary while letting my eyes glaze over

is that so much to ask thing

(probably)
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by demona »

In post 92, Faker wrote:I think Coral would make this kind of suggestion as scum and after reviewing their answer I do scumlean this. I don't think she expected anyone to actually follow this and is mostly in it for the towncred.
In post 43, Coral wrote:My belief from previous runs is that scum struggled the most when town did unexpected things in the midgame. I think a rigid solve order does put all of the pieces on the table, which allows for the more chess-like analysis of how things develop, and that's valid.

I think the reason I lean towards wanting to inject some areas of unpredictability here is that we really only have very few points of information gain compared to a standard game.
The unpredictability happens mainly because players are open/talking and suddenly town players take the ball and individually run the other way unexpectedly. This is a function of the degree of transparency of the players, not of them hiding the ball.
i guess i don't really understand how applicable coral's post is anyway

like i assume the gate is often resolved first because the confirmed gets to continue to post and then the keep because it is more straightforward

but also if you really think the mafias are going to be shaping their entire plan around us having a solve order doesn't that make them easier to find
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 91, Chara wrote:well, i an easy retail job, i've been medicated for a year now, and i'm enjoying my life. :> how are you catboi?
Glad to hear it! I'm doing fine myself, enjoying time off around the holidays, been gaming a little bit, was taking an enjoyable break from mafia (I was feeling fatigued) before I got yanked into this game by someone.

Return to “Completed Open Games”