Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 2:29 pm

Post by Darkblade »

mith wrote: 1. There have already been at least two SKs.
2. If I were an SK, wouldn't I *have* to kill more than twice?
3. Even if I got to hold off on the killings, why, if that were the case, would I reveal myself so early for no reason? (To answer as a vig: two reasons. I had a theory that didn't pan out, and that *is* something I do, I do something crazy on day *1* half the time. :) And, to help myself in exactly the situation, I was able to prove my role (at least so far as proving I am not Mafia).
4. I don't think Werescum would get INNOCENT unless normal-scientist-mith's *intentions* were good; and, if my intentions as a mad scientist are good, but I'm a SK by night, again, why wouldn't I have been forced to kill more?
1. And some of the SK's cuban smoker has created have had quirks. With a 30 person game, I don't see why cuban smoker would not have 3 different SK's, each was their own little quirks.
2. No. In my experiance, SK's don't have to kill if thhey don't want to. Besides, if an SK gets immunity every time they kill, of course the mod is going to have some restirctions on how often the SK can kill.
3.Simple. Night one, you wouldn't know how many kills there could be and whether you could get lost in a sea of kills. Or you had some plan like my puny litttle college mind can't conceive, I don't know :P But honestly, a vig killing on Night Two? From what I remember from your style, you post hunches and go after people during the day with your theories. Killing Night Two as a vig just doesn't seem to compute with the mith I remember.
4.Cops aren't always right. See GF. Plus, if as a scientest you have investigation immunity, you think you'd be immune to Wearbear's investigations as well as "normal" investigations

So I still think my theory is plausible. But I have biggger fish to fry, like DS. Please answer the question, DS
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

HEY! CS BEAT ME TO IT!
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Huh, what question???
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:32 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

I am the mod. I am better and faster at everything than everyone.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:33 pm

Post by mith »

3.Simple. Night one, you wouldn't know how many kills there could be and whether you could get lost in a sea of kills. Or you had some plan like my puny litttle college mind can't conceive, I don't know But honestly, a vig killing on Night Two? From what I remember from your style, you post hunches and go after people during the day with your theories. Killing Night Two as a vig just doesn't seem to compute with the mith I remember.
Why are you talking about night one and two? I didn't kill til... what, night 3? 4? I don't even remember. I wasn't *playing* until day 3. And of course a monster is not going to get lost in a sea of kills on night 3.

As for my style of play, *no* one has much of an idea what I will and won't do, not even me, so I don't really take that bit seriously. But, for reference, I've come out as a cop on day one (knowing perfectly well that there was likely insanity out there), when I have guilty results, just because I know it will get a reaction. Sometimes things can be deduced just by what people say to a cop coming out (or a monster mauling). When I have an ability, I try to make as much use of it as possible. As for what I would do as a vig... well, this game is really it. I can't remember being a normal vig (one shot, which is different, because you have to save that until you're sure); I'm sure I have at some point, but it wasn't particularly memorable. Probably got shot the first night or something. I had a hunch on mikegoo (it's been a while, but I believe it had something to do with him disappearing earlier, but I don't really remember what, exactly). And, as you pointed out but understated, *I play hunches*.
4.Cops aren't always right. See GF.
I never said Cops were infallible. But you're telling me that I could be the only SK that came up innocent, I can hide, I can play a plausible vigilante alibi, and how is this at all fair to the other SKs? More reasonable that I'm a vig (and no, not a very powerful one, I can't kill every night, and when I do it takes away *my* best part of the game, posting crap) that looks a bit suspicious.
So I still think my theory is plausible.
Like I said, it's a reasonable theory, I just don't think it's anywhere near the best one. :)

More coming, in a separate post.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:34 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Oh, I see. I was answering another comment which is what I thought was the same question. D8p, as far as I was told, Gaspode was innocent. I wasn't told anything differently since then. It's possible he changed, but if he did then I wasn't aware of it. He didn't change his attitude when we talked and not much about his posts as far as I can tell. He seemed a bit more defense then he had been, but that was also because he was being bandwagoned... again...

Once again, d8p- I don't know when/if we will be told of Gaspode's alighment. All I can tell you is that I am innocent and probably only alive because I can protect myself at night. I had been using that power on Gaspode until he was lynched because he was the group recruiter. And if you forget how I got the protecting power- it wasn't an original ability- when I lose my BoK group and the group abilities, I gained that one: To protect an alien group member each night.

-DS
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:35 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

and probably only alive because I can protect myself at night

This is referring to my belief that I have been targetted one or some of the nights we have had a different number of kills in the past, etc.

-DS
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by mith »

Umm, alright. Any reason you think that? Are you trying to bully me into voting jeep?
Not at all. My reasoning is simple. I am, other than possible SKness (and even if I *were* an SK, it wouldn't be the correct play to lynch me today with one or two Mafia left), am essentially confirmed innocent, so I don't think the vote is going to come between me and anyone. I have given a strong case for a jeep/d8P mafia pair (and they have proof of their innocence, by all means, let them show it, so I can move on to someone else), so that's where jeep sticks. Darkblade gets notes, and so doesn't fit as GF (though he could still be scum), DS was, until DB's latest note, basically confirmed in my head, and Porro is the Mayor (and so probably wins in a vote between you two for now). That just leaves you and jeep, really, in my mind. Unless we catch DS in a lie here, I will almost certainly be voting for one of you before the day is over.
But what about the other way around? You are claiming to be able to kill, why not take him out earlier?
I'm not claiming to be able to, I've *shown* I'm able to. But to answer your question, while I've had vague suspicions about jeep and d8P for a while, it didn't become anything solid until recently, and I used my most recent kill on Leonidas, who we had a reliable (in my mind, if no one else's) Mafia result on. Plus, I have jeep pegged as GF, so I'm not confident I can kill him anyway. *Plus*, I think I'll get him lynched eventually if he doesn't come out with some sort of defense, and I'd rather give him the chance to do so than just take things into my own hands, at this stage in the game.

Anyway, let's hear it DS. Here's the question again:
But, for now, lets talk about DS, shall we? I got a note on him last night. DS, answer me this. What exactly happened to you when Gaspode died?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2004 3:43 pm

Post by mith »

Bah, posted between me. But you still didn't answer the question.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 9:18 am

Post by Porro »

WOW that was an interesting read, and I have a strong feeling now that mith is evil!

Before I get to my theory I would like to point out a mith error (lie?)
Deep Red wrote:Oh, and one other thing. Who did Werebear check yesterday? d8P. Had he lived through the night, he may have gotten that MAFIA result.

(The reason I am voting jeep, however, is that a. I think both are scum, and b. godfathers sometimes have night kill immunity)
Werebear gave us his result in post 698. d8p was innocent.

OK I really would not be suprised if mith was a GF, as he has been known to sacrifice his minions to the town previously, and without warning, discussion, or agreement. I know of one instance when he did it in order to claim cop. So as far as I'm concerned, the monster killing a scum may well be a clever ploy by mith so he could claim Vigilante.

However, I have, what I believe is an even better theory...could this be mith's role:

You are 'Dr Jeckel (a scientist) and Mr Hyde (a monster)'.
You may kill one person per night, but whether you kill or not is at your discretion.
You have certain (or total) investigation immunity. But, you will always vanish the day after you kill, whilst you metomorphose from Mr Hyde back to Dr Jeckel.
On days that you vanish, you will not be able to vote or post in any way.
So be careful, because, despite your investigation immunity, the link could be spotted between your vanishing and Dr Hyde's kills.

FOS: mith

p.s. I appologise if I missed it, but did you answer fishbulb's question, i.e. Why haven't you killed jeep at night if you're so convinced that he's mafia?

I would have voted for mith, but I remembered I'm on the council this time...even though the other council member is unlikely to vote mith :wink: And I would like to see if you lot can find any holes in my theory.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Porro »

Oops. I've just seen your reply to fishbulb's question.

But I still don't understand why you couldn't have killed him last night, after all, you came out all guns blazing for him at dawn today, so you must have been pretty certain last night...or was last night an enforced Dr Jeckel night? :wink:
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 10:24 am

Post by mith »

Actually, it is *your* error.
Before I get to my theory I would like to point out a mith error (lie?)
Deep Red wrote:
Oh, and one other thing. Who did Werebear check yesterday? d8P. Had he lived through the night, he may have gotten that MAFIA result.

(The reason I am voting jeep, however, is that a. I think both are scum, and b. godfathers sometimes have night kill immunity)

Werebear gave us his result in post 698. d8p was innocent.
As stated by the mod in Werebear's death scene, Werebear got INNOCENT for Mafia when he checked them in the day, but then received MAFIA that night. Remember the odd thing with Leonidas? That's what I was refering to. I know Werebear got d8P innocent during the day, but we don't know that he wouldn't have gotten mafia that night, and therefore Werebear's check does not clear d8P, unlike myself. We know I'm not scum, or Werebear would've said something about getting MAFIA at night after he checked me. My point was that Werebear might've *finally* gotten killed because after Leo's death, the Mafia were sure Werebear got a result for them, and d8P was the last one he checked, so that might be *why* he was killed. It might *also* be a frame, which is why I'm not relying on it as my only evidence.
OK I really would not be suprised if mith was a GF, as he has been known to sacrifice his minions to the town previously, and without warning, discussion, or agreement.
Er, I vaguely remember the game you are talking about, but there was a very good reason I did it. Reference, please? Regardless, the difference is that in that case, I was *voting* for you (which is *common* mafia behavior), whereas in this case, I killed Leonidas at night, when he was far from the lead suspect.

As for the rest of your post, that's almost exactly what Fishbulb was asking me, and I have responded. I obviously can't prove 100% that I am not an SK, you'll just have to look at the 100 pages of evidence and decide for yourself.

As for why I didn't kill last night, think about it for a minute and you might guess. I'd rather not reveal all the details of my role, or it may hurt its usefulness against the Mafia. Normally, if I were you, I'd just bug me about it anyway, but I have answered all questions about my role so far, while jeep, DS, etc. don't answer *anything* about themselves. So, I'm going to hush for a bit.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2004 4:07 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Leo far from the lead suspect?! I think Wearbear getting a little message "Leonidas is Mafia" made him one hell of a lead suspect.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 12:36 am

Post by mith »

Why didn't we lynch him, then? Hell, Werebear wasn't even sure, that second time he got him innocent.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 12:52 am

Post by mith »

Oh, also, for one last bit of proof I'm innocent, that I just found looking at that day we *didn't* lynch Leo:
Corsato, FBI Agent (INNOCENT), has been lynched. The FBI Agent could investigate once a night, and would receive the unquestionably correct alignment of their target. He also could survive one night kill.
Corsato checked me night 6, and found me innocent.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 1:22 am

Post by d8P »

I think Porro's theory might explain things - were Dr. Jekyl to be investigated, he'd be found innocent; as Mr. Hyde mith would be found guilty.

What other scientist turns into a beast?

But this "unquestionably correct" bit gets me.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 3:16 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

*sigh*

I'll probably get lynced for this...

I have been hiding something from the town, but I had a reason- whether you think it was good or not.

Consider for a moment being in my place. You get pulled into a mason group which as far as you can tell is compeltely innocent. I faught hard to help Gaspode, becuase he was in my mind 100% innocent.

Once he died I received a short message, sorta from Gaspode but, obviously not Gaspode (as he was dead). Since I was "forcefully" recruited in Gaspode's group, I had an unknown connection to him. It was revealed to me that his intentions were kind but that he seemed to be undergoing a change before he died. I wasn't told as to the intentions and frankly didn't care. Interestingly, I was given to the choice to try and search through my mind, to find what happened to Gaspode, the connection still "there" between us and explore it. Well, as intriguing as this game was, I didn't want to throw myself into a possibly worse situtation. Therefore, I decided to leave it alone and not try to find what happened to Gaspode. Although I have never been told whether or not I still have some connection with him, it hasn't effected me since then to my knowledge.

Ok, by now you've probably put yourself out of my place. Well- put yourself back. I don't know about you, but the suspicion on me and that which used to be on Gaspode was enough- I wasn't about to make myself look worse by telling you guys about this... Do with me what you wish. I just hope you guys understand why I didn't reveal this. Besides I figured casting more suspicion on Gaspode now only made me look worse, too- and I didn't even try to figure out what happened to him. It didn't sound all that good and as far as I'm concerned Gaspode is done and over with.

-DS
Deep Red
Deep Red
Townie
Deep Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 4:34 am

Post by Deep Red »

Normally I would agree, d8P, but FBI agents are usually the ones that are able to find SKs (as opposed to cops, who usually find them innocent).

Darkblade, the note?
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2004 9:35 pm

Post by Porro »

Ok I admit I didn't remember the night result thing for Werebear. Sorry Mith.

Has anyone (I know I should take notes :oops: ) got a complete list of role claims for us remaining players, and a list of all Werebear's (and all the other investigators') results.

Mith, if neither you, jeep, or d8p was lynched today, would you be prepared/able to kill one of them overnight?

Has fishbulb made a claim yet? I *think* everyone else has.

Mith, I don't recall you telling us the name of your character. If you have, please remind me :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 12:39 am

Post by mith »

I *could* kill one of them, sure. I'll have to go over the endgame scenarios in my head again, I'll get back to you.

I haven't told you the name of my character, but it's nothing interesting. Just "Mad Scientist".
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 12:55 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, I claimed while under questioning from mathcam and God after they arrested me for "operating an illegal domicile". Not sure how much they told you, though.

I run the bordello which housed rite. We had a mason group, but he was the only blocker. In addition, it was a safe house if mafia wanted to kill rite as long as he didn't leave "on duty" for the night. But if I was dead, he wouldn't be safe from harm.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 5:34 am

Post by Darkblade »

And the verdict is ....
Vote: DS
I believe DS up to the point where he said he got a message. Of course, then the little fib comes out. You see, the note basically said that DS was acting really bizzarely ever since Gaspode died and that he "seeks to succeed where Gaspode had failed" Thta doesn't seem like the kind of message I would get if DS refused to work with Gaspode's plan after death.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 7:44 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Hmm.....
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2004 7:59 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Interesting response, Dragon Slayer.

Vote: Dragon Slayer

Care to elaborate?
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]