In post 745, Alisae wrote:
In post 661, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 643, Alisae wrote:
Community Contributor
12/15/19
Alisae
+the worst
Plotinus
The thread I linked is a thread Ploti got stickied in MD. It teaches someone how to mod and set up a game. Ploti for years has modded so many newbies. Too many to count. He is probably the best newbie mod, with over 37+ newbies modded. All of his games is modded in the utmost excellency.
This kind of deed is something that goes here instead of Modfather. Its unfair to make Plot compete against mods who run themes.
Running newbie games the way he does is a Community Serivce.
I fully support this nomination. Plot is a consistent presence modding in the Newbie queue (pre-dating my time as Listmod...I still remember Zooborns), and is someone I can count on to run an impeccable game with no moderation issues. Even though, as Alisae mentioned, you can't request to join his games due to how the Newbie Queue works, I still get direct requests from players to "/in for Plotinus' next game." His guide to modding is something I have referred to several new moderators, and picked up some tips myself (had no idea you could select and PM people from Activity Overview).

This is definitely the right category.
Nth!
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Alisae »

Remember to get ur nominations in. Do them now to be safe!
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:19 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 732, Alisae wrote:this is a reminder that at 12am PST 1/1/20 no more nominations will be accepted.
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Paragon
12/31 Flavor Leaf Skitter30 micro 889:good jams mafialarge normal 220: jazz mafiamystery box of silver I linked a small sample size, but everyone is aware of Skitter’s town presence. It’s incredibly difficult as scum to get anyone to even consider the possibility that she could ever roll scum, which no doubt is awesome for her scum game. Throughout the year, Skitter was one of the most consistently town read players I played with, where no matter what, her alignment always came off. Jazz Mafia, I believe it was, Skitter was an IC, and getting hard pushed by me for playing off, but then she flipped Innocent Child, Day 1, and by the end of the day, she made a 5 scum pool that had 4 scum in it. This helped Saudade carry on getting innocents throughout the rest of the game off of Skitter’s reads, because she obviously was nightkilled.

In Mafia a la modé she successfully nailed 2 of 3 scum members Day 1, and I was one of them. I was barely able to escape Day 1 alive, and we were forced to kill her Night 1, something that she has grown completely accustomed to.

In good jams mafia, she was playing a 2d3 setup as a jailkeeper, counterclaimed a scum fake claim, then successfully jailed the other scum.

There are plenty more over the course of the year, and Ankamius has already said a lot, so I’ll keep it short. Her town dominance is insane, and I will always kill her when I am scum, even at the expense of keeping PR’s alive in return.

Rising Star
12/31 Flavor Leaf RCEnigma Mafia á la mode
Mini 2058
Musicals
There are many games I could have grabbed, probably even more relevant games, but these ones popped into my head.

Been on site for about a year and a half now, and I feel like he’s pretty established on site. Rarely ever do you see him get angry, and starting from the beginning of the year, he was one of my biggest threats as scum. In mini 2058, I begged the scum team to let me kill him because he knew I was scum, and it wasn’t going to go away. In Mafia a la mode, Page 6, he nailed me as scum, which inevitably led to my death on Day 3, which is pretty rare that I am the first scum taken down. He was also the only one to bring up the potential of my partner and I bussing early on the game, which was what ended getting us the win.

He is a constant presence in any game he plays, is able to create valuable content, and has improved his game dramatically over the past year.

In Musicals, I hard tunneled him for days, and he was able to last and change my mind around Day 4, and was part of the 4p MYLO situation where we hit scum on the last day. He played the final 2 day phases great to avoid getting himself mislynched which helped town win the game. In games, he is always an extremely reliable pillar to keep the game moving and discussion tame whilst still progressing the game forward.

I have modded 9 or so games this year, and he has essentially played in every single one. While yet to have that standout scum game, at least to my knowledge, I believe he has every tool to become an elite player, if he isn’t already, with an incredibly different and unique style that doesn’t get the praise it deserves because it’s not an IN YOUR FACE flashy playstyle.

Scum should always be weary of RCEnigma, and town should always be weary that he likely will be able to pull off a Gambit Outta Nowhere. Eventually, he’s gonna have a breakout scum game, calling it now.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

was going to do one for boon but im lazy so
Nth oversouls nom of flavour leaf

i did some looking into the varsoon nom i promised but too many of his wins were in dec 2018 so i guess they dont count
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Pine »

Shit shit only a few hours to get my modfather nomination for Jingle in
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:16 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Best Mechanical Player
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Northsidegal (Brown Eyes) Undertale Mafia She got a role in the planning stage that, if town fell sufficiently far behind as represented by the mercy bar, gave her several dayvigs to make up for that. She correctly scumread 3/4 scum from the very early stages of the game despite misreading Papyrus and she managed to stay under the radar enough with all her correct reads that when mislynched enough consecutively to give her her 3 vig shots, she hit 2 out of 3 scum and avoided hitting either of the scum with bulletproof modifiers. It was a very delicate path to walk not eating the nightkill with several correct reads and I believe that if she had tried to play more forcefully, town would have simply ignored her reads and mislynched anyway and she would have ended up nightkilled, so I think that she played this role masterfully.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:19 am

Don Corleone
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Volpe14/Buki/Fumuki Let's Talk About An Ongoing Game
Mini Normal 2070
Baton Pass
Regarding some other respected scum players, how I would sum up FL is that people scumread him and then he uses his charisma to make them vote town anyway. How I would sum up myself/Pine playstyles is that we get scumread but we are already executing a strategy that is already several phases in and by the time we're getting scumread it was already part of ~the plan~. I would classify Buki as being more similar to MariaR in playstyle than any of us, where they simply... do not get scumread as scum no matter what they do. And unlike many players who are capable of being very towny as scum but are completely incapable of pushing scum wincondition at the same time, Buki is fully capable of pushing town in the wrong direction while being so townread that it is essentially impossible to get townies to lynch them. While yes they did benefit from Shoshin's antics in Baton Pass I don't think their success in that game was solely based on that because I was in the exact same situation with them in 2070. I was mechanically confirmed town and telling everyone that yes everyone else was town so Buki is definitely scum and I despite screaming for day phases to lynch him couldn't get anyone to vote him. Town players were literally considering that I was falsely confirmed town rather than that they were just wrong on that slot. So yes, 2070 was a loss because of bad scum nightkill choices and that ruins his perfect record. However, I was the only townie who caught him both in that game and in Baton Pass and given that they have no other scum defeats to speak of besides this 1 game where no one including GuyInFreezer, a very strong town player, agreed to lynch them until I mechanically confirmed him as scum after killing their partners, I think that his sole defeat is if anything testament to the kind of advantage town needs to scrape a win against them. DC nom for sure.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:33 am

Modfather
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Fakegod Perfect Masquerade
Detective Penguin
Starry Night
I don't have too much that I feel I need to say since I feel like this nom stands on its own merits. FakeGod mods a lot of games, he mods them excellently, and when the games become shitshows as they unfortunately sometimes do it's never the fault of the game design. This obviously isn't the spiciest nomination but I absolutely think he is a contender.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nth FakeGod MF

Oooo, Fumuki is Volpe. They were my counterpart in Let’s talk about an ongoing game. I was wondering who Volpe was, and why they knew me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 am

Rising Star
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Datisi Autumnal Mafia
TL's Micro Normal
Newbie 1924
I offer this nomination in the same spirit of The Worst's win last year. She is not the best town player, but she wins a solid number of her town games. She is not the best scum player either, but she wins a decent number of her scum games as well. I think that she is a rising star candidate based on the fact that she has very quickly gone from "wait, who?" to someone whose name even people who don't play mafia anymore and don't know any new players who aren't a duckling will know. She plays mish mash games, she is very social in postgames, she has a high level of general exposure in the community and that to me makes her a strong candidate for Rising Star. She's still a good player, just that that isn't primarily what this nomination is based off of to me.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:47 am

Rube Goldberg
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Northsidegal Newsroom Mafia I thought that this was just a brilliant setup in a lot of ways. I loved how it executed the theme, I loved the roles, I thought that the communication gimmick was extremely well done and the roles did feel versatile and varied despite all being along the same lines. I think a lot of gimmick setups like this fall flat very hard but this one worked out very well thanks to NSG's great design work and I think that this is a serious contender for the best setup of the year.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:50 am

Many people have talked about nominating Ankamius for paragon but no one ever did it according to the OP

If you want her considered, this is your last day to do so!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Technically sort of self nom, but it’s more the moment that happened I feel is like wtf :lol:

Kodak Moment
12/31 Flavor Leaf LoserdudeOG, Uncrowned, Alexcellent, The Worst, Flavor Leaf Newbie 1972 After a heavy end of Day 1, LoserdudeOG and I were vibing hard. You can see the build up to the moment linked of how duo’d up we were. Wishing we could be friends in real life. Then, after explaining that we both used to live an hour north of SF, and then realizing our connection to BBmolla, and LDog stating that Bbmolla was his roommate, we figured out that we have known each other in real life for 5 years already. It makes it funnier that we haven’t really even seen each other in nearly 3 years either, and everyone’s reactions to that happening, alongside with Loser going from locktowning me to “oh, now that I know who he is, he’s scum.”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 763, Flavor Leaf wrote:Technically sort of self nom, but it’s more the moment that happened I feel is like wtf :lol:

Kodak Moment
12/31 Flavor Leaf LoserdudeOG, Uncrowned, Alexcellent, The Worst, Flavor Leaf Newbie 1972 After a heavy end of Day 1, LoserdudeOG and I were vibing hard. You can see the build up to the moment linked of how duo’d up we were. Wishing we could be friends in real life. Then, after explaining that we both used to live an hour north of SF, and then realizing our connection to BBmolla, and LDog stating that Bbmolla was his roommate, we figured out that we have known each other in real life for 5 years already. It makes it funnier that we haven’t really even seen each other in nearly 3 years either, and everyone’s reactions to that happening, alongside with Loser going from locktowning me to “oh, now that I know who he is, he’s scum.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Alisae »

did you just post a self-nom?????????
I can't believe it.
GTKAS
| here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I can nom it without me in it. :lol:

That was an ab workout of a laugh and a half when it happened.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Plus, it’s absolutely never expected to win, and i’ve wanted the meme of self nomming for like a year now, and it had to be the right one, and it gets 3 newbies up on the board. :lol:
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:03 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 763, Flavor Leaf wrote:Technically sort of self nom, but it’s more the moment that happened I feel is like wtf :lol:

Kodak Moment
nth

I happened to read this as it happened and it was pretty funny in real time
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:04 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Why am I not surprised that FL nommed himself :lol:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:25 am

I've been considering nominating Eth0s for DC on the basis that I keep going into games, seeing them over, and Eth0s won them endgaming as scum.

Thing is I haven't actually been a participant and I haven't closeread the games.

I'd be interested in opinions from the people who have on whether Eth0s is a DC contender.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Pine »

Modfather
12/31/2019 Pine Jingle Vengeful Ghosts
Alisae V Pine
Thirteen other games, linked herein.
Jingle is a fantastic game moderator, and a fine example of the best MafiaScum has to offer. His games are impeccably well-run and moderated with a rare combination of class and humor. If I see a Jingle game in the queue, I know that even if it turns into a hilarious nightmare of a game, the moderation will be on point.

To the best of my knowledge, Jingle has run a breathtaking
fifteen
games this year, including three Marathon games, seven games in the Micro queue, including a three game series, an Open, two Newbies, an inventive Mini Theme, and the colossal undertaking which was Alisae V Pine.

I chose two only put these last two in the nomination box because I feel they really define Jingle's character as a game designer and moderator. While the other thirteen games speak for themselves as a body of work, these two games were clearly a labor of love. Jingle is a craftsman when it comes to his passion projects, and is incredibly original and patient in their design and execution. They don't always work out as well as intended (would anyone like a fruit?) but the creativity and willingness to experiment is what makes him one of my favorite moderators to grace us with their work.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Kodak Moment
12/31 gobbledygook Blatant Scum Micro 898: Forest Fire Micro 898: Forest Fire is a game that exemplifies having fun (y'know the whole point of playing a game). Blatant Scum definitely took advantage of that. During the course of the game, when another player requested Blatant Scum link a scumgame of his, he linked the Forest Fire game (where he was actually scum). Sometimes we need to take a step back and enjoy this game that we all have collectively come to this site to play at one point or another. Far too many people (myself included) take this game seriously. Blatant Scum showed that having fun is still something you can do in mafia in 2019 in one of the most hilarious ways possible.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

anyhow self-noms will just straight up not be included

Also I got a present for ywall
GTKAS
| here.