Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7600 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7779, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 7777, Firebringer wrote:people still suspected i was scum even though I was vanillized.
I mean there was no way of confirming whether you got vanillized or not, aside from SS dying and no one else claiming vanillizer. You could argue he got guiltied before he could use it, but he used it pretty much because the plan was to guilty him and get him elimmed (and in a best case scenario, maybe he could talk his way out of the guilty), he was fighting the guilty as if it was a TvS so im proud of him for that, that distancing didnt look like a bus.
i meant that people still suspected us after SS flipped scum vanillizer right before i claimed vanillized. We still got people scumreading us or paranoia on us until the end (see Taly paranoia in our hood).

Its actually amazing how much under the radar u got with how much paranoia we had in our hood. I legit was questioning whether deimos could be a scum mason at one point, RC was so pissed at our stupid questions.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7601 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Speaking of
Can we finally get to see NK15's actual role?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7602 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 7780, Firebringer wrote:Its actually amazing how much under the radar u got with how much paranoia we had in our hood. I legit was questioning whether deimos could be a scum mason at one point, RC was so pissed at our stupid questions.
We all considered literally everyone else in the game being scum except sakura it was pretty nuts
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7603 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think Sakura played very well and overall scum made fairly good night actions and town tied their hands up but still managed to keep punching themselves in the face. I'm happy with the outcome and not really sympathetic to people who think Sakura's alt wincon was unfair outside of a broader 'alt wincons are unfair', town has a long list of powerful roles and the vast majority of them were not used well enough to win even in a setup that was specifically designed to prevent town from accruing clears and guilties over time. Shout out to Jjh for the 1-shot bodyguard death speedrun

Also something to seriously consider about Sakura Hana: if her role is so town what if it's a lie? No one can verify praying to her or not, you know.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7604 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I considered the "no action and have a buddy claim vanillaized" play. It's something I would do. I think I rejected it because Enchant would be a terrible target for a scum vanillaizer, but I don't think it's out of the question that I would do it with you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7605 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

ngl, one of NK15's abilities kind of saved me, it allowed GMo to be elimmed without me having to have opinions on him, since i didnt want him to actuall die, and i was having a pretty awkward situation with both him and victorine. Specially with how he literally slipped knowing Victorine's flavor. But since in the end it all happened in the split party day, that helped me a lot to avoid associations.

Btw it's kind of interesting how the sides were split 50/50 scum lol
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7606 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7784, Something_Smart wrote:I considered the "no action and have a buddy claim vanillaized" play. It's something I would do. I think I rejected it because Enchant would be a terrible target for a scum vanillaizer, but I don't think it's out of the question that I would do it with you.
okay but literally no one argued it. they just were like "ur scum" and im like "well what about all these mechanic reasons im not do u think all this is fake" they would go "ohh good point"
It was literally people not paying attention to game not like they believed this was scum gambit plays which is different

shout out to JJH he was the hero town didn't deserve with how on point he was in whole game.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7607 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Again, 13 faith is so much that I don't think there was ever a guarantee of accruing it, no matter the amount of bussing. I think the role was reasonable and we had tools to catch her during the night even if otherwise it would've been pretty difficult to justify a lim there.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7608 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Enchant »

I am not sure if people consider me braindead enough to not block Disloyal Vig claim.

Like it's first thing i called out in scum PT, but no one bat eye really which surprised me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7609 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:10 pm

In post 7786, Firebringer wrote:okay but literally no one argued it. they just were like "ur scum" and im like "well what about all these mechanic reasons im not do u think all this is fake" they would go "ohh good point"
It was literally people not paying attention to game not like they believed this was scum gambit plays which is different
Yeah, that's true.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7610 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Funny thing is, if fire would have tracked me on the night i shot Enchat i would've probably been even "mech conf town" more than i already was LOL
But he was vanillized XD
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7611 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7790, Sakura Hana wrote:Funny thing is, if fire would have tracked me on the night i shot Enchat i would've probably been even "mech conf town" more than i already was LOL
But he was vanillized XD
i think we were tracking gamma/enchant
Show

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7612 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 7786, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7784, Something_Smart wrote:I considered the "no action and have a buddy claim vanillaized" play. It's something I would do. I think I rejected it because Enchant would be a terrible target for a scum vanillaizer, but I don't think it's out of the question that I would do it with you.
okay but literally no one argued it. they just were like "ur scum" and im like "well what about all these mechanic reasons im not do u think all this is fake" they would go "ohh good point"

shout out to JJH he was the hero town didn't deserve with how on point he was in whole game.
I did mention that you would need to be lying about being vanillaized, but admittedly I never considered that scum would intentionally vanillaize a buddy, no
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #7613 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Ircher »

Thanks for modding RC. Gg everyone.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7614 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7788, Enchant wrote:I am not sure if people consider me braindead enough to not block Disloyal Vig claim.

Like it's first thing i called out in scum PT, but no one bat eye really which surprised me.
I know you did, I was worried about that, but i noticed that no one seemed to pay attention to the double death on N4 due to my parity cop, so I thought that people were just getting to the "lazy" moment due to how easy the game seemed to be at that point, specially with another scum dead and 1 left and multiple "confirmed" town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7615 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

ice go brrrrr
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7616 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Oh wait you two were talking about a fake vanillaize all along. Yeah I did mention it if not argue it because I didn't believe you were scum firmly enough at any point to argue anything
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7617 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:13 pm

Town really didn't think very critically about mechanics this game.

I remember a very memorable scumgame where I was spewing some bullshit and then Jingle replaced in and proceeded to make a chart of all the mechanical claims and info and I could immediately tell I was sunk.

Someone like that would have been a godsend for town here. Wouldn't necessarily have made the difference, but it would have been a lot closer.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7618 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

This was a really fun game to play no matter how much i was suffering in the final days, Sakura really pulled it out for scum team and deserved win. Again very fun game, well deserved win. Couldn't ask for better game imo, besides us town playing a little better/smarter but it was def enjoyable.

TY RC!
Show

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7619 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also fun fact.
This game was still miles away from what I usually play as town, if FF14 is any indication, and the only reason I got townread is because of my claim and the ways i used my scum abilities to bus.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7620 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 7797, Something_Smart wrote:Town really didn't think very critically about mechanics this game.

I remember a very memorable scumgame where I was spewing some bullshit and then Jingle replaced in and proceeded to make a chart of all the mechanical claims and info and I could immediately tell I was sunk.

Someone like that would have been a godsend for town here. Wouldn't necessarily have made the difference, but it would have been a lot closer.
I certainly never had enough wim to be that guy. I was never solving this one given my level of effort sadly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #7621 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't necessarily think it saves town here.

I don't think Sakura did anything that doesn't align with her fakeclaim and i think that she can easily just say "yeah i disloyal vigged [blank] tonight, so we are liming in [other two] without much questioning if the alt wincon doesn't pan through which is the power of scum having coherent fakeclaims and playing to their fakeclaims

I understand SS not going with his fakeclaim in the state of the game but i don't think Sakura can really be trapped mechanically outside of 'how are scum this braindead just sitting and watching while she systematically obliterates them'
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7622 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7797, Something_Smart wrote:Town really didn't think very critically about mechanics this game.

i personally don't think mechanics should be relied on to win games, but in this game when im nearing end and im not making reads im just eliminating people in poe, i should have thought more critically earlier on that D4 all those deaths, but my brain just never even analyzed it.

tbh all the actions plus blocks/redirects/ confusion just turned my brain off on basically all actions not involving myself from day 2 onwards. I didn't want to figure that puzzle out or care to
Show

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7623 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I was mostly worried about Nancy and Cheeky catching me (Nancy does know how to catch me) and they were starting to question stuff, hence, why they died.
I think they and JJH are the only kills we made out of "These guys are playing well as town and need to die before they catch us".
Taly was originally that too, but the kill failed at first i assumed self-targeting doc lol, after killing JJH, and after the split day, Taly wasnt that much of a threat imo, plus we needed to start taking specific roles / clears out, which is why he survived that long.
That reminds me I wonder if Taly was supposed to bait scum into redirecting him.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7624 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Alright I better haul myself to bed.
Thanks to RC, well played to scum, especially sakura.

Large games definitely just aren't for me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”